Ariel update

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Ariel update

Post by Ariel »

Almost 9 months ago I was in that accident. I have been through numerous doctors visits, had extremely painful shots in my back...

Now I have to go through therapy for my back and see a chiropractor. And...I have to see more doctors because the one's I have will not say that the accident could have agrivated or caused some of my problems. Insane! Never in my life have I had nerve damage in my leg and whatever arthritus I had was taken care of with meds in the past. Now I am in pain every single day of my life. I am so frustrated.

One minute they will say well it could have agrivated something, but we can't say for sure blah blah blah. I don't need them to say for sure, I just need them to say it's possible and in writing so we can settle this damned case. My lawyer had told me that two of the docs I have are notorious for not backing their patients up in a law case. Now I have to spend more money and go farther to doctors the lawyer thinks will help in our case.

At the end of August both my husband and I will be through with our jobs as the company is moving South. So if all these doctors appointments and what-not go into a period of time where we have no medical coverage...I am screwed.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

My prayers and best wishes that things work out in your favor.

Qray

Re: Ariel update

Post by Qray »

Ariel wrote:...So if all these doctors appointments and what-not go into a period of time where we have no medical coverage...I am screwed.
What did your doctors and lawyer say when you told them this?

:hug: You're still in my prayers, kiddo. :hug:
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

My prayers and best wishes as well, that it all works out soon in your favour, and you get better.

Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Llew »

Dang, that sucketh majorly Ariel. My prayers and best wishes.
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

ug...I'm so sorry ariel :(

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

I'm so sorry for you, gentle Ariel. It's not fair. These doctors know what you need for a personal injury case, and yet they don't have the backbone to say it. Frustrating!
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

*aldan growls vociferously in the general direction of those idjits*

Yes, I know that I misspelled 'idiots', but with doctors, sometimes you need to draw things to their attention... though I'd have to say that long, sharp blades do that trick well. For some reason, while docs tend to generally ply blades without a problem, when blades are exposed in their direction, they tend to get a little unhappy. I wonder why that is??

A question for you, Ariel: Are the doctors supplied through your insurance? If so, that could be why.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Yes aldan they are.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

Prayers and positive vibes headed your way, Ariel. I suppose the doctors are playing it safe on their own behalf, it's a darned shame they aren't on your side, as they should be.

Can you get interim medical coverage? There's a term for it, I'm drawing a blank here, help me out you guys. I've searched a bit but I have to go grocery shopping and I'll try to think of it while I'm out.

What the frell is it called? I think it's a federal program -- sheez, I can't believe I'm totally drawing a blank here. It's for people who lose their jobs and just fills in until they find another one. As soon as somebody mentions it I'm going to slap myself on the forehead, but in the meantime...
"Never look at the trombones, it only enourages them." -- Richard Strauss

Starfire
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Starfire »

I will keep you in my prayers. You may need to find a better lawyer too.

Qray

Post by Qray »

fanuilh wrote:Can you get interim medical coverage? There's a term for it, I'm drawing a blank here, help me out you guys. I've searched a bit but I have to go grocery shopping and I'll try to think of it while I'm out.

What the frell is it called? I think it's a federal program -- sheez, I can't believe I'm totally drawing a blank here. It's for people who lose their jobs and just fills in until they find another one. As soon as somebody mentions it I'm going to slap myself on the forehead, but in the meantime...
Are you thinking of COBRA Insurance?

http://www.cobrainsurance.com/
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.