Paperback Swap

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Paperback Swap

Post by LadyFlame »

Hi Peoples! Even though I am not as frequent as I'd like to be, I do still read my brains out :smt017 :mrgreen: , and I wanted to see if you all have heard of this cool site called Paperback Swap....
It is a book swap site, where you plug in the books that you want to swap, someone surf and see one of your books and request it...then you pay the shipping (which you can conveniently print a paid address label right from the site) and pop it in the mailbox.
That may seem like you aren't getting that much of a 'deal', BUT, what happens is you accumulate points, and when you get points, you can request a book from someone, who will do the same for you....and it only takes one point to order a book, and usually under $3 for shipping!
So, if you're like me, and you have about 30 or 40 books you don't want anymore, then this is actually a great resource....cuz unlike the goodwill, or used book store, you can browse and look for books you actually want, as opposed to just picking thru what is available....AND you could pay a little less...
ANYHOO, so sorry so long, but i thought that some of you could benefit! :smt109
ENJOY!
paperback swap link
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

Ambrose Redmoon

www.myspace.com/nanyanasummer

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Re: Paperback Swap

Post by Ariel »

What a wonderful idea! Lady Flame, it is sooooooo good to see you hun!!!!!! Don't be such a stranger. How's the music world? How are you? :mrgreen:

Qray

Post by Qray »

It's an interesting concept. You need one point to request a book from someone else (who pays the shipping costs to send the book to you.) You start off with 2 points and accumulate points with each book of yours that you ship to someone. This ensures that no one takes advantage of the system.

Thanks for thinking of us, LadyFlame. :thumright:

I see from your Atlanta Rock Chick pics that you're sporting some ink on your arm. Is that new or did you always have it?
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by LadyFlame »

How's the music world? How are you?
I am great, Ariel! Thank you! Almost finished FINALLY with the album....should be finished in time for Christmas presents! :smxmastree:

Qray, Yes, I LOVE PBS!! I usually use up all my points be4 the books I'm reeeely looking for get posted in the system... :smt102

Ah...you noticed the new ink! Yes....it was a bday present to myself...always wanted one so when the milestone bday came- I did it!
It's a black griffin with a Trinity symbol at the end of it's tail....you can see it on my facebook page... Boy it hurt! I thought I was tougher than that- but even as I sat and endured my pain, I contemplated another....
How did you see the 'rock chick' site?? Silly contest!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

Ambrose Redmoon

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I think that's where we voted for you. :wink:

Qray

Post by Qray »

LadyFlame wrote:
How's the music world? How are you?
I am great, Ariel! Thank you! Almost finished FINALLY with the album....should be finished in time for Christmas presents! :smxmastree:
Make sure you let us know when it comes out.
LadyFlame wrote:Qray, Yes, I LOVE PBS!! I usually use up all my points be4 the books I'm reeeely looking for get posted in the system... :smt102:

Ah...you noticed the new ink! Yes....it was a bday present to myself...always wanted one so when the milestone bday came- I did it!
It's a black griffin with a Trinity symbol at the end of it's tail....you can see it on my facebook page... Boy it hurt! I thought I was tougher than that- but even as I sat and endured my pain, I contemplated another....
How did you see the 'rock chick' site?? Silly contest!
Do they have a decent science fiction selection at PBS?

The tattoo is beautiful. What other ink where you thinking of getting? I was going to have mine expanded on one of these days if I ever get around to it.

How did we find out about the Rock Chick Site? Oh...someone hipped us to it. :mrgreen:
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by LadyFlame »

Thanks for sharing with me the link....I am so encouraged by the support!

I PROMISE, you will know when the new disc is available!

And YES! PBS has a ton of Sci-fi/fantasy stuffs....

Ambrose Redmoon