speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

evil pim's monologue Q&A

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

evil pim's monologue Q&A

Postby who me » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:20 am

Some people misunderstand the perfect dystopia that I plan to create and to prevent me form falling into the classic trap of having to monologue giving the hero time to get away i will clear up different fine points hear and answer your questions.

one of the things that has caused a good amount of confusion is the question of health care and rice puffs.

one of the Idea's is to give every one health care.
this health care system will be based on the ideas of prevention and cure.
first YOU have to prevent your self form getting sick by doing stupid thinks to begin with.
only if this fails will the medical people have to cure you.
unlike today where you are left alone to accomplish this, we will help you (weather you like it or not).
your nutritionist and doctor will determine what the best diet is for you. If you stick to the diet resulting in a increase in health you will be rewarded, pay less for health insurance and get the good feeling of being healthy.

also in order to further help you live a healthy life certain things that are unhealthy will be banned.
because lets face it most of you just can it resit temptation, other things will be rationed.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: evil pim's monologue Q&A

Postby Merle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:19 am

Hmm, I think the Drunken Zombies will have to oppose your rise to power.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Qray » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:54 am

pim, you do realize that under your evil dystopia of sunshine and rainbows, both chocolate and ice cream would have to be outlawed.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby who me » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Qray wrote:pim, you do realize that under your evil dystopia of sunshine and rainbows, both chocolate and ice cream would have to be outlawed.

not necessarily, if you would like you may have chocolate and ice cream but they will be rationed. you may not have to much so that you will be unhealthy as a result.
ice cream will only be available during the summer months and will be all natural no chemicals or preservative's.
the idea is quality over quantity.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

It's a "The Island" reference, campers.

Postby Qray » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:26 pm

That's the rub isn't it? Just about everything is ok in moderation. A can of Mt. Dew has less calories than a glass of grape juice.

What am I gonna have to do to get some bacon in this new dystopia? Chat up Scarlett Johansson?
Qray

Postby Boikat » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:09 pm

Of course, that means the "underground restaurant" business is going to boom. They will be the only place to get real food, like a double decker cheese burger (With bacon) and a side of fries. All you need to know is the secret knock-knock, and password.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby who me » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:31 am

Boikat wrote:Of course, that means the "underground restaurant" business is going to boom. They will be the only place to get real food, like a double decker cheese burger (With bacon) and a side of fries. All you need to know is the secret knock-knock, and password.

you may have real food, you may not have unhealthy food or over indulge.
there will be very nice fresh all natural hamburger's you can even have a double decker cheese burger with bacon.
you may not have to many and you will not want to many. because we will out law the appetite enhancers that they put in the food now a days. ever wonder why you can eat a huge meal in some fast food place and then you feel hungry half a hour later?
also the way they prepare the fast food causes chemical reactions forming Acrylamid which can cause cancer.
generally what you know as fast food, in its current state will be out lawed.

underground restaurant's? that is a good idea, pass that on to the revolution.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

Postby Qray » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:48 am

who me wrote:you may have real food, you may not have unhealthy food or over indulge.

How can it be said what's unhealthy. Are Eggs good for you? They used to be, then they weren't, then just the whites were, then the yokes, then none of it was, now they're ok. How about water? Doctors used to say to drink at least 8 glasses a day. Now they're saying that people are losing vital nutrients because they're drinking too much water.

It's this kind of meddling in people's lives that will allow the Revolution to open up their Cheeseburger and Vodka Speak-Easy's.

You see, according to Cocteau's plan I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".
-Edgar Friendly from "Demolition Man."

"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."
-Young River Tam from "Serenity."

"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
-Capt. Malcolm Reynolds from "Serenity."
Qray

Postby who me » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am

the ministry of health will determine what is healthy to eat.
now form my studies so far what I have come to understand is that different people will need different diets.
what is healthy for one person may make a another person sick.

we already know allot about what is healthy and what is not, one of the problems is that the food industry would rather produce cheaply and make a quick profit than do with out chemicals, preservatives and appetite enhancers. They are producing for profit and not for health.
that is going to end and food will be produced so that it is healthy and nutritious.

over time as we learn more by observing the population and conducting long term studies diets will be changed to make them as healthy as possible.

but our health plan also includes mental health so It is entirely possible that a limited amount of unhealthy food will be tolerated to make people feel good. I am even thinking of a Backus and Bar-b-Q holiday.

people fear change but there are advantages to this as well. one low inshurace costs as people become healthy unnecessary medical treatments will no longer be needed and that will save money.

think of all the poor people who want to loos weight but fail at this over and over for different reasons.
how happy they will be that now we are making them do what they what to do any way.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Qray » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:04 am

I think you might be misunderstanding the purpose of insurance. The purpose of insurance isn't to help people. It's to make money for the insurance company.

Since the government is going to run everything in pim's new Dystopia of Sunshine and Rainbows, why would you need to have insurance?

Will the government also be providing the food? As currently, myself and people like me, can't afford this "all organic wholesome" food.

This message brought to you by the Revolution's "Cheeseburger and Vodka Speakeasies." Visit one today!
Qray

Postby Boikat » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:02 pm

I always smile at the "organic food" thing. I know it means "natural", no chemicals,and all that, but all food is "organic". Try eating a styrofoam plate some day, you'll taste the difference. :P
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby who me » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:43 am

Qray wrote:I think you might be misunderstanding the purpose of insurance. The purpose of insurance isn't to help people. It's to make money for the insurance company.

Since the government is going to run everything in pim's new Dystopia of Sunshine and Rainbows, why would you need to have insurance?

Will the government also be providing the food? As currently, myself and people like me, can't afford this "all organic wholesome" food.

This message brought to you by the Revolution's "Cheeseburger and Vodka Speakeasies." Visit one today!

don't forget the unicorns, its Sunshine rainbows and Unicorns.

I do not plan on running everything, I plan on leaving certain area's of society alone. you are confusing a dictatorship and Communism.
there will be no interference in art or religion for example.
the religions will be regulated to some extent.
private company's will be allowed to exist BUT they to will be regulated.
a example will be neither religions or company's may bother you, (send you junk mail, spam, call you on the phone or come to your door ext.) unless you give them express permission to do so.
express permission means you have to tell them you are interested and wish to receive information.
tricks like some place in the small print you by having looked at this peace of paper you give them permission to bother you at odd times will not be allowed.
small print will also not be allowed, if it is worth printing then it is worth printing in a readable size and being understood.

you will be able to afford the food for two reasons.
first there will be a minimum income. all people will have this minimum income.
this will be provided to all people who need it, even if you can not work.
employers will have to pay a living minimum wage.
stupidity will not be subsidized, if you spend all you money on celebrity belly button lint instead of food and clothing we can not help you.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Next

Return to Off Topic Conversations