Ariel's Update

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Ariel's Update

Post by Ariel »

My sincerest apologies for having been absent. It seems that even without a job, time passes quickly.

My husband Mark is back in the hospital. Seems like a re-play of last years problems. Once again he had to have by-pass surgery in his leg for better blood flow. The diabetic wound from last year was healing so well that he was to be fitted for special shoes. Then wham, he ends up with another wound that wouldn't heal. I don't know if the bone was infected or what. Anyway, he lost another toe. They are giving him a 50/50 chance of healing. If he doesn't get enough blood flowing to the foot, he could lose the foot. That poor man has been through so much. He has been in so much pain yet rarely ever complains. I admire his courage and strength. He has had a positive attitude but I'm sure he must be disgusted being in the hospital and not knowing what will happen.

I feel so bad for him. He has been so good taking all his meds and being careful with his diet for the most part. I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I don't have a job yet as he will need care for a while. Don't even know when he will be coming home yet.

Between not having a job, mom and hubby having health problems, worrying about our medical coverage ending in December and my running out of benefits, the world going to hell in a handbasket...Been rather down lately and just keeping to myself. I didn't want any of you to think I forgot you. I could never do that! So please know that you are all in my thoughts and heart. Much Love, Lorri

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Re: Ariel's Update

Post by Boikat »

And you are in ours.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

AlbaRosa
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by AlbaRosa »

*super best ultra huggums* I'm so sorry to hear that, Ariel. I sincerely hope things get better soon.
To my one true love, the greatest thing ever to come into my life & my reason for being, Dance Dance Revolution.

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

Sorry things are so tough for you :( All my best.

Qray

Post by Qray »

You and Mark are in our prayers, poppet.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

You both have my thoughts and prayers.

MasterMoeOfThaKilt
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by MasterMoeOfThaKilt »

*huggles sis* I miss you, you and mark and yer mum are in muh prayers. Love you all <3
Its a Kilt! If I wore something under it THEN it would be a skirt!

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Hang in there, Lorri. Thinking of you. **hugs**
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Thanks so much everyone! Finally he is home! So far so good. I havn't seen his foot yet, but they cut away quite a bit of bone and he has a wound far deeper than the one from last years surgery. I was speaking with one of his doctors who told me.It will be a long road ahead, but one day at a time. Right? I love you guys so much!!! Big hugs!

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I am so relieved to hear that he is home. Get well soon!!!

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Gah! :? He was home less than a week and ended up back in the hospital with his foot looking worse and infected. :(

Here's a good one for you. We go to register him at the emergency room, but that desk was only handling flu patients. They had an entire section just for flu patients where they could wait to be seen and had to wear the masks. Ok, we find the other desk where he can be registered and get his paperwork done and sit in our own area to wait. They come to get him and where do we go? Right past all the flu people and into this area where they have like 4 people in a room. All the other people who were previously wearing the flu masks are now his room mates and they are no longer wearing the masks. :shock: They had hand sanitizer stations everywhere and I made use of them. LOL

Anyway...he finally gets settled into a normal room and he's all miserable and in pain. He has an elderly man from a nursing home as his room mate. All night the poor old man was yelling and he wasn't all there if you know what I mean. Poor old man. Poor Mark.

He came home yesterday. He will have visiting nurses again and also has to go to a hospital in providence to have these treatments in a hyper baric chamber. Some air pressure thingy that can help the circulation. He will have to go every day for 15 days then back to the hospital for them to cut away dead tissue. Then more treatments. That's IF the treatments work. Been busy and tired. Hope all is well with everyone else. I miss you all!!!!!!!

Qray

Post by Qray »

:hug: Keep the faith, poppet. :hug:
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.