TATOOS

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

TATOOS

Post by LadyFlame »

OK Peoples! I didn't see a topic on this, so I wanted to see who all has tatoos out there...
I just got mine about a year ago.
I want to see pics (PLEASE b descrete people!) and I want to know WHY you got what you got.

Here's My Gryphon: It took me a while to decide WHAT I wanted, but I did research and really thought it out. So I decided to get a gryphon. I got it as a reminder for my faith in Jesus. The Gryphon is two entities- both eagle and lion. Jesus is both God and man..the eagle is the most noble, the lord of all the creatures of the air, the lion is the king of beast on earth. Jesus- Lord of Heaven and Earth. So, it means something to me, and that's what I wanted- something special and real in my life.
So what's yours?!!

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

Ambrose Redmoon

www.myspace.com/nanyanasummer

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Re: TATOOS

Post by LadyFlame »

Ok, and here's my husband's. He just got it cuz he just thought the Koi was 'cool'.
I made him research what they symbolize or if there was any legend behind them, and as it turned out they are symbolic for love, affection and friendship. Which, hey, it fit. He's a pretty friendly dude. :smt109
Here's his...he had to do 4hrs of the outline, then GO BACK two wks later for 3hrs of COLOR! YOWCH!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

Ambrose Redmoon

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Wow I love yours!! I don't have any myself.

Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Spiderkeg »

I love tats on a woman... and that's all I'll say to keep this PG.

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by LadyFlame »

LOL Spiderkeg!
Yes, tats can be very sexy, but also pretty darn 'trashy' too!!!!
:smt107

Ambrose Redmoon

Qray

Post by Qray »

Beautful ink, LF, and very fresh looking. It's cool that you picked something that represents things that are important to you. I did similar when I got mine. I particularly like the scrollwork on the bottom (a tail?) the very end looks similar to a triquetra.

I agree with you about tatoos. While certain ones in specific locations can be aluring, inspiring, and artistic, I've seen a lot of ink on women that just looks tacky and trashy.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Spiderkeg »

LadyFlame wrote:LOL Spiderkeg!
Yes, tats can be very sexy, but also pretty darn 'trashy' too!!!!
:smt107
meh. I grew up around trashy, so that don't bother me too much. I believe what really counts is the "actual" tattoo gotten that can define someone as being unique or trashy. Some areas of the body I believe to be valuable real estate, and the wrong kind of tattoo in such a place can really look awful, while the right tattoo can accentuate.

Unfortunately... some people have bad taste in general.

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by LadyFlame »

Qray! Yea the piece is only a year old. I got it on my 30th. I had always wanted one since i was a kid, and I'm all about doing the things you've 'always wanted'(within logic and morality! :mrgreen: ). It has a lot of filigree and design. I wanted something all black, kind of tribal, like a real branding. I love it's wing- it goes back on my shoulder.
Now I'm all curious. I wanna see a pic of yours! Or at least tell me what you got. :smt045

Ambrose Redmoon

Qray

Post by Qray »

There used to be a pictire of my ink somewhere on the forums, but I can't for the life of me remeber what topic it was in. I'll post a pic soon.
Spiderkeg wrote:meh. I grew up around trashy, so that don't bother me too much. I believe what really counts is the "actual" tattoo gotten that can define someone as being unique or trashy. Some areas of the body I believe to be valuable real estate, and the wrong kind of tattoo in such a place can really look awful, while the right tattoo can accentuate.

Unfortunately... some people have bad taste in general.
I agree. There are even locations which I wouldn't normally think good for ink, but a really nice tatoo can change that.

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

I agree. There are even locations which I wouldn't normally think good for ink, but a really nice tatoo can change that.
Yah. I knew this girl who had one right above her.......

Oh look! A squirrel!!!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Qray

Post by Qray »

I'm not sure if tattooing a squirrel is a good idea. The SPCA would be all over you.

MasterMoeOfThaKilt
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by MasterMoeOfThaKilt »

Yay, something I love to talk about.... Tattoos... I have three myself.

The one above is the Pagan goddess. I got her because it is just one of the many religions I believe in, however, the one i believe in the most. I got her in the earth tones with the leaf above her head because of me being very much about nature. This was my second tattoo, it is located on my right shin.

This is my Scottish crest, located on my back, as well as my father's back. Fun story about this one.... On my 18th birthday, dad and I went shop hopping, pricing this tattoo. We went to a shop that I had approved of, they were asking $150, which was fine with me. Plus they had an artist there that had done a lot of these crests.... We then went to a place where this guy just had a stack of photos saying they were his tattoos, but other than that... Not something I liked... He quoted $100, so dad did that. I am not going to post what that guy did because it was gross, shaky lines, and aged in 2 days.

This one is for my mother, however the artist that did this FAILED to do it as I had drawn it. It is located on my right chesticle. My mother has a rose on her left chesticle and I wanted to get a rose matching hers on the opposite boobular, however roses are overdone... SO I drew up a thistle (flower of scotland, and my fav flower) and wrote Mutti beautifully under it... Mutti is German for mom, however I am not german, nor is my mother. I just love the language. So yeah, the guy severely screwed my boob up. Thistle isnt colored right, nor does it look right, and the M in mutti looks like N.... I have a friend who I can trust to fix it...

My tattoo time line: Crest (first attempt) July 6th 2007, second attempt crest September 2007, Goddess October 2007, Mutti + Thistle February 2008 (coincidentally on the day Heath Ledger died..)

I am planning on getting my next tattoo sometime this week...
Its a Kilt! If I wore something under it THEN it would be a skirt!