Prayer Request

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Re: Prayer Request

Post by Ariel »

Still praying for her Fan.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

Thanks, Ariel.
"Never look at the trombones, it only enourages them." -- Richard Strauss

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

Latest update on my friend:

[tab=30]Chemo update: This past week after chemo on Mon. and IV fluids w/ Neulasta (white blood cell booster) on Tues., I was very tired on Wed. and slept until 2 pm. I was able to go in to work on Thur. and Fri. - energy levels were low - but was able to get some work done. Trying to keep things as normal as possible! :-D ...Thanks for all the prayers! Next treatment scheduled for March 29th.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Thanks for the update Fan. How is your friend feeling?

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

She just posted another update.
Emotions were running very high yesterday. SO MUCH hair fell out in the shower (and I cried) and came out when I combed it that I looked like I had mange! It was falling out like crazy! So I took a xanex, then went to a salon and had them shave what hair I had left and trim my wig for me...
She went on to say the salon she went to helps the American Cancer Society with various programs for cancer patients, one of them being hair care. The woman who shaved her head did it for free and on her day off.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

That sucks! I feel so bad for her. It must be traumatizing. Keep us updated Fan.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

Update:
Chemo Update: I'm feeling good. I get a bit tired easily, but otherwise no problems. I have to be careful as my white blood cell counts are a bit low, so I'm on a preventative antibiotic. Sick people keep away! LOL Next chemo is April 19th. Thanks to everyone for your love and support... ♥
As you can see, she's keeping her spirits up. I'm in awe of that kind of courage.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Oh my. Thank you for the update. Losing her hair must have been emotionally painful. I am still including her in my prayers.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

I saw my friend this evening, she was at the dance recital dress rehearsal with her daughter. She looked good, wearing one of five wigs she has (she wears whichever one suits her mood). She has another chemo treatment next week, going to be a bad one she says. But her mood is upbeat, she was so glad to see us and we were all very glad to see her.

The prayers are making a difference. :mrgreen:

Qray

Post by Qray »

Thank you for keeping us updated, fan. Containing to pray for her.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

Update:
Chemo Update: I'm feeling very tired - energy levels are REALLY low. I developed a mysterious low grade fever Thurs. and am back on antibiotics. I had to miss Relay for Life here in Sumter Friday night because of it... ;-( My insides feel funky after I eat - therefore I'm not very hungry. Hopefull appetite will return next week. Spirits are good, but can't wait for this to be over...
I was at the Relay for Life Friday night. Lots of people, great turnout. Was marred extensively by the presence of gangs and teenagers who make a habit of milling around on the bleachers of the stadium and yelling and whooping and otherwise behaving rudely during the luminary lighting ceremony and scrolling of names. The cops were out there this year in larger numbers than they have been, and it wasn't enough. The restrooms were up the stairs behind the press box, and getting to and from the parking area was the same route. And these jerks were congregating on the steps, refused to move when we were hauling heavy stuff up and down, and made liberal use of obscene language. It gets worse every year. This year when I left there looked to be a riot brewing. Not a word about it in the paper. I'm seriously considering writing a letter to the editor just to see if they publish it.

Our team may not participate next year. Until they change to a safer venue or get that mess under control, we're not comfortable going back. One of the women on our team, a breast cancer survivor, had a flat on the way home, was on the side of the road a little after 1 a.m. The AAA guy who came to help her told her someone had stuck a screwdriver into her tire.

I think we're done. It's a real shame. But they need to get a grip -- and parents being responsible and caring where their kids are in the middle of the night would really help. Too bad that isn't going to happen.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

Update:
Chemo Update: Round 2 drug Taxol - 2 down / 10 to go!!! I've got no stomach upset and am able to eat. Tired from Benadryl given before treatment. Had trouble last week with SEVERE knee pain for a couple days. I'll have to wait and see if it rears it's ugly head this week too... Much easier now than last two drugs! :-D Yeah!
She's keeping her spirits up, as far as I can tell -- and we're all pulling for her.