speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Turks Boo during national anthem

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Turks Boo during national anthem

Postby who me » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 am

At the last soccer game, that matched Germany Vs. Turkey, the Turkish fans (approximately 40,000) Booed during the playing of the German national anthem.

I was wondering just what would have happened if the Turks had Booed out the American national anthem?
( If we had a soccer team that is.)
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: Turks Boo during national anthem

Postby Qray » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:17 am

Were the Turks booing the German national anthem or were they booing Mesut Özil?

If it happened to the U.S., it most likely would've fired up the team more to try and win. If they'd won, it wouldn't have been much of a big deal in the aftermath. Something for the pundits and bloggers to talk about the next day. If they'd lost, there might have been a bigger uproar.

As it was, Germany beat Turkey and the Turks just ended up looking rude and petty.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Re: Turks Boo during national anthem

Postby Alex F » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:42 am

Ah who cares, its only football, its not like its anything of any importance, just sport. Regardless of country they're all preening overpaid idiots, some of who earn as much in a week as a multinational company director might earn in a single year, some to just sit on the sidelines. For that kind of money they should be saving the economy or making world peace happen and I don't see it happening do you? Two words folks: SALARY CAPPING! Then I might care a bit more about national slurs during a football match, I think that in the grand scheme of things that Germany can handle it without getting too upset.
"Just a minute... QUIET OUT THERE!!!... Blasted goldfish..." -ITMA's Colonel Chinstrap, guest staring on The Goon Show.
Alex F
New User
New User

Return to Off Topic Conversations