speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

IHOTWAIT (It Hangs On The Wall And It Ticks)

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: IHOTWAIT (It Hangs On The Wall And It Ticks)

Postby nightlock » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Punishing? Punishing? I've given you more tips and hints about this one particular card than I've had turns in this game. Do you even try to follow them?

2 hints: "Not in first set" "mistake made about five years ago"
your guess: Armageddon, which was first printed in the FIRST SET, 22 YEARS AGO!!

Sigh..
At least Umezama's Jitte was actually BANNED.

IT was a mistake.

Pr0-T1p: It may have resulted in fictional deaths.
Pr0-T1p: IT was so imbalanced, IT brought down 'the meta' like 'a house of cards'.
Pr0-T1p: It's not so much related to RPG Gaming as it is to gaming.
Pr0-T1p: When asked if the mistake happened in the last 5 years, I had to look up which month it was released in exactly.

Yes: Happened in the last 100 years, Happened in the last 50 years, Last 20 years, Last 10 years, Related to a Card Game. MtG, Control card
Sorta: American, "obscure internal consistency", in print media.
No: Happened in the last 5 years, political, scientific, Fashion, didn't kill a soul, Star Wars Episode 1, Movie Related, Television show related (including Netflix), comics related, A headline, in the News, internet related, computer related, RPG-gaming related, Related to a board game, occurred in a specific competition, occurred in a recent game, The "Mistake" card (Yugioh), in the original/initial set, misprint, Requires Dice, From Japan, has the word 'Bane', Aggro card.

IT is NOT:
P9
Platinum Angel
Nalathni Dragon
Necropotence
Skullclamp
Door to Nothingness
Rewind
Armageddon
Umezama's Jitte

Read New Awakenings

"This is here." :smt104
nightlock
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Asp Zelazny » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:28 am

Here's the thing ... I've yet to find a definitive site that organizes all the data in a reasonable way; i.e. I may find something about some given card's issues, but not when it was published. So, for example, I read about Armageddon, but did not know when it was printed (and did not invest the time to look it up). I'm still trying here, this is deeply arcane territory that I'm slogging through, and there seems to be more specialized information than exists in quantum physics (with about as much application to the real world). :)
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby nightlock » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:55 am

Ok, You are lost. Can't see the forest for all the tree and such. Try to learn a bit more about the cards in general, and use that to narrow the field of suspects:
  • Colour (Armageddon is a White mana card, Nalathni Dragon is Green etc.)
  • Rarity (Armageddon is a rare, but Rewind is merely uncommon)
  • Type (Rewind is an Instant, but the Platinum Angel is a creature)
  • Set (Some years, they've released like 4 different sets of 200 cards or more, so narrowing it down can help a lot)

And last bit of help, here's THE definitive database of cards. It won't actually call the card a mistake though, but it does have all the info you need to find this bugger.

Read New Awakenings

nightlock
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Asp Zelazny » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Was IT "Sword of the Meek"?
Was IT "Hypergenesis"?
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby nightlock » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Nope, sorry.

IT was a mistake.
IT's type is Planeswalker..

Pr0-T1p: It may have resulted in fictional deaths.
Pr0-T1p: IT was so imbalanced, IT brought down 'the meta' like 'a house of cards'.
Pr0-T1p: It's not so much related to RPG Gaming as it is to gaming.
Pr0-T1p: When asked if the mistake happened in the last 5 years, I had to look up which month it was released in exactly.

Yes: Happened in the last 100 years, Happened in the last 50 years, Last 20 years, Last 10 years, Related to a Card Game. MtG, Control card
Sorta: American, "obscure internal consistency", in print media.
No: Happened in the last 5 years, political, scientific, Fashion, didn't kill a soul, Star Wars Episode 1, Movie Related, Television show related (including Netflix), comics related, A headline, in the News, internet related, computer related, RPG-gaming related, Related to a board game, occurred in a specific competition, occurred in a recent game, The "Mistake" card (Yugioh), in the original/initial set, misprint, Requires Dice, From Japan, has the word 'Bane', Aggro card.

IT is NOT:
P9
Platinum Angel
Nalathni Dragon
Necropotence
Skullclamp
Door to Nothingness
Rewind
Armageddon
Umezama's Jitte
Sword of the Meek
Hypergenesis

Read New Awakenings

nightlock
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:16 am

Is it a blue card
Is it Elspeth Knight-Errant
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Previous

Return to Off Topic Conversations