speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Snow

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Snow

Postby Crystal » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:47 pm

Anyone enjoying the snow today? Been snow bound all day here. Should be on facebook, but everyone else is as bored as I am. So here I am looking to anonymously ve'lech with strangers.
Crystal
New User
New User

Re: Snow

Postby Bmat » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:05 pm

We've been home since it started and don't need to go anyplace tomorrow. The prediction is down from 10 inches to about 4.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Boikat » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Snow? I remember snow......
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bmat » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 am

We ended up with less than an inch. But the winds are high. There are trees across some of the roads.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Crystal » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:45 am

Why is it every time it gets windy there are a million trees falling along the road. :roll: We got about 6 inches but the wind has blown a lot of it into small dunes.

It's a good day to work out my story and characters.
Crystal
New User
New User

Postby Bmat » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 am

I am surprised to see so many branches, big branches, hanging over wires after the electric company crews come through and supposedly clear branches away from the wires. I guess that they have so many to clear, actually.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Alex F » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

We had more snow in the North West of England this year than in the Midlands, which has baffled me somewhat, woke up last weekend to find it was all over the place and I live next to the coast! I was in up to my ankles with the stuff.
"Just a minute... QUIET OUT THERE!!!... Blasted goldfish..." -ITMA's Colonel Chinstrap, guest staring on The Goon Show.
Alex F
New User
New User

Postby Asp Zelazny » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:57 pm

When I want to deal with snow, which any more is practically never, I just drive about 150 miles north to above the Mogollan Rim. It's nice to have it so well tamed. It has snowed 3 times here in greater Phoenix since I moved here in 1985, and never lasted beyond 2 hours after sunup. I grew up in the slush of Detroit and Chicago, and still have some frostbitten toe pains from those days. Never again.
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Asp Zelazny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Shouldn'ta said anything ... It's snowing in Phoenix today. The temperature is going down to the high 20s. I expect multicar pile ups on the expressways by the morning. Nobody out here knows how to drive in snow (they barely know how to drive at all). Picked all my backyard tangerines yesterday so they didn't get frozen. If I could just hide under the covers until it all went away I'd be much happier, but I've got to work overnight on New Years.
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Return to Off Topic Conversations