Hello all =D

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

FallenStars&Angels
Site Regular
Site Regular

Hello all =D

Post by FallenStars&Angels »

hey everybody, this is the first time i've been on SV for awhile, i love the new (is it new?) look of the site, (i used to be *FallenFaerie* but i got bored and made my username kinda the same but not really, it's the title of one of my poems) so yeah, just sayin hi and i'm glad to be back from wherever it was i went :D

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Welcome back, FallenStars&Angels! :)

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Welcome back! :P

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Welcome back!

Well... it used to be knew.

:rofl:

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

...and that's a REALLY new spelling of the word for "not old - recently formed or made".
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

Ahh, you can always depend on Aldan to catch your silly mistakes. Keep it up, you never know. You may drive bad spelling and grammer out of us
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

:welcome: :flower: :cat: :flower: I remember your old name from the old site.Glad you found S.V. again!

Alden doesn't catch me too often.When he does,it's usually a simple word and I have to laugh at myself for not seeing it!He keeps us on our toes! :wink:

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Welcome back.....

I remember the name somehow......

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Please note that although I almost always notice the mistakes, I don't always comment on them. On words that are difficult, I will usually not say a thing, or else just say "nice try, here's how it's really spelled, but it's a tough one." I usually won't call who me on her mistakes, though I will make an exception here or there... but for those who are purportedly attempting to become writers, I will indeed. Neuro and Magus both know this, as do several other members here.

You use a computer that is connected to the internet. The internet is not only interesting in places as well as fun, but it can be informative as well. Dictionary.com and other such locales are nice 'sites (note the spelling?) that will help you to know that "know" is not the same as "no" and that "knew" is not the same as "new" and what the differences between the two words are in each case.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Meh. I know (no) the difference between knew (nu) and new (gnu). I just didn't catch that error.

But, hey, with this new spell check you have to admit that my misspellings have considerably dropped.

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

Oh, I have one of those sites on my favourites list. I use it all the time to look up the real meaning of those words we all love to use but don't know what they really mean. We all have those words. We hear them in movies and on tv and we assume that we know what they mean, but sometimes it's good to know for sure.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

That's so true!