Creation

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Creation

Post by Dark Knight »

So here I go again :wink:

maybe this should be called "Creation 2".....

(Then again I can't remember what I called the last one)

Anyway, the last time this was going people said the stupidest things......so let's clear this up

You did NOT have to read this

You did not have to come here, you don't have to click,

you can start up your own topic......

Glad I cleared that up......now to post some stuff from the other topic in the off topic area, then I can get started.... again.....:wink:

I will not post all the old posts from the old forums, if someone whats to read those ask Bmat how to get to them or something.....
Last edited by Dark Knight on Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Anthentar said:

Lastly is the descendence from Adam and Eve. I know that the Bible says this is true, but at one point in time, the church also said that the Bible told them that humanity had not existed for more than 5000 years, a fact that we know is false. Also, we all know that breeding back into your own line creates problems. Many people have died or suffered horrific deformaties from being born from such a situation.There is no way that we are all one big happy family.

Now I'm not one to fully question the bible. Quite to the contrary. I believe that these stories are all true, to an extent. It was some time between the point when they occured to the point they were written down and something must have been lost along the way. I would never tell someone not to believe in the bible, but I would say use your common sense and I think you'll find that they are absolutely possible, if you compare it to what you know to be true

Anyway, it's more likely that generations have gotten shorter, but that's just a guess. We can guess all we want, but I suppose only time will tell

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Dark Knight said:

So lets talk about the Bible and Genesis

I Believe the bible, and I do Believe that they lived for hundreds of years, as it says in Genesis. I also believe that we are all one big happy family.....we all came from (Drum roll) Adam and Eve

and the Earth is only....about 6000 years old.....and no I'm not going to start a big evolution vs Creation debate...in this topic......N O.....

There are loads of people who believe this, I by far am not alone.

The people of "answersingenesis", are building a museum, in USA, they believe in Genesis, in the long ages of the people who lived back then......The Creation Museum...

Chuck and Nancy Missler who are behind Koinonia House also believe.....the article you read is from there...."K-House now reaches tens of thousands through its monthly newsletter, radio shows, cassette tapes, and conferences"....

The Calvary chapel people are also believers.....

There are loads of websites and loads of believes in genesis and the truth of the bible....

Adam and Eve start out with perfectly healthily bodies, no problems....

There was no problems with marrying you sister, and that is what the sons of Adam did, married their sisters....no horrific deformities...no problems resulting from breeding.....over time these problems came about....

As for living long than "100 because biological parts of our bodies just give out", you are speaking of today.....Back then are bodies where much healthier......our biological parts did not give out so quickly......

yes I do agree with you that it was sometime between the events in genesis and it's writing by Moses....

Some say that the Ark could have had written documents on it....also stories past down....

But lets see what Jesus says about Scripture:

Matthew 24:37-39 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

And: Matthew 19:4-5

And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning "made them male and female,
5and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?

Mark 12:26 26But concerning the dead, that they rise, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the burning bush passage, how God spoke to him, saying, "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'?

Last point on this maybe: "what you know to be true", you say....interesting....

how do you know that what you know is true.....?

also Jesus said: John 5:

46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

And:
Creationists....have done research.....like...ICR...

Institute for Creation Research

go have a look see at: http://www.icr.org/

there is "Evidence for a Young World"

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Anthentar said:

Did I say that it was truth? Sorry, you are right, I do not speak the truth, but neither do you. We just don't know

No matter what you say, I'm not going to believe in the Adam and Eve bit. There's just something not quite right about that story in my eyes. And what about carbon dating? They can prove that world existed millions of years ago and there are mountains of proof, very concrete proof. Anyhoo, I do believe that God created us, but given all of these recent discoveries, one has to step back and take a second look.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

So I said: makes me what to start up those old topics that where on the old forums......I had a big debate, sorry you missed it, hundreds of posts.......may have to dig up all that old stuff.....show you the work of creationists....

Mountains of proof......interesting term, but they are all wrong....and it is not concrete

Take a second look....sorry, but no old bones dig up, is going to change my mind.....

So is it time to start up a new topic.....

The Bible is the Truth........I believe it.......

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

New Stuff

That was the last of the old posts let me get started..... :wink:

This is what the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association says on it's website:

Q: Since Adam and Eve were the first humans, where did their eldest son Cain get his wife?

A: It is often asked where Cain got his wife. Genesis, chapter 5, gives the written account of Adam's lineage. From that chapter, we learn that Adam had sons and daughters; also, that he lived to the age of 930 years. No doubt Cain married one of those numerous daughters or granddaughters of Adam. In other words, Cain married either his own sister or niece. In the dawn of history, such marriages would have been necessary and would not have been accompanied by the dangers which would result today. God later established laws to prohibit marriage within close degrees of kinship (Leviticus 20:17-20). Intermarriage of closely related persons such as brothers and sisters today, according to doctors, would result in serious physical deterioration of the race.

And this is what fox news says about him......

Graham has preached to more than 210 million people in 185 countries. He has been sought out by U.S. presidents and leaders worldwide and, more than any other religious figure, has come to represent the American evangelical movement.

I had a look at his website in the weekend,

one thing if it said something I didn't agree with, then I would not believe what it says, even if he has "preached to more than 210 million people in 185 countries"

I believe the Bible.......

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

This is what ICR says on it's website:

We believe God has raised up ICR to spearhead Biblical Christianity's defense against the godless and compromising dogma of evolutionary humanism. Only by showing the scientific bankruptcy of evolution, while exalting Christ and the Bible, will Christians be successful in “the pulling down of strongholds; casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” (II Corinthians 10:4,5).

Notice what it says:

and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,

itself against the knowledge of God
Last edited by Dark Knight on Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

research and stuff coming.......

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Creation is completely ... open for ... well, who knows?

Shamans claim it is known in the unconscious self that we are descendant from an alien race that came here on the run from an enemy that was wiping them out -- another race? A disease? Anyway, they supposedly created us so they wouldn't be alone. Maybe our creators are gone, or maybe they're watching over us. (And is their "enemy" a threat to us? Maybe these UFOs are not the creators but the creators' enemy. They might pretend to be our creators.. Great story idea!)

Anyway, that's the closest evidence of our creation in my opinion.

The creation of the Universe is really open. It seems to be that the universe is expanding and pulling back in again -- pulsating, like a heart. Recreating itself, like death and rebirth, like all living things. The theory of Gaea is one where the earth is a consciousness. Here's a new theory: what if the Universe is a consciousness?

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Interesting thought's there Neuro, you can of course believe in that if you want.......have that opinion....

And you know my believe.......that God created us.....and the earth and the Universe.......

:wink:

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Could be. It's hard to argue that either way.

Starfire
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Starfire »

I have one point about inbreeding. The Ptolemies if Egypt were inbreeding for generations. Cleopatra was 100% Greek due to in breeding. The theory something like water being purest at it's source, or the chaos theory. Things don't get better as they age. They get worse. The gene pool cannot handle it any more. It could thousands of years ago. That is because the human race was newer. The Ptolemies are one example of this outside the bible.