Creation

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Museum tells Earth’s history with Bible

By DYLAN T. LOVAN
Associated Press Writer

PETERSBURG, Ky. (AP)—Like most natural history museums, this one has exhibits showing dinosaurs roaming the Earth. Except here, the giant reptiles share the forest with Adam and Eve.

That, of course, is contradicted by science, but that’s the point of the $25 million Creation Museum rising fast in rural Kentucky.

Its inspiration is the Bible – the literal interpretation that contends God created the heavens and the Earth and everything in them just a few thousand years ago.

“If the Bible is the word of God, and its history really is true, that’s our presupposition or axiom, and we are starting there,” museum founder Ken Ham said during recent tour of the sleek and modern facility, which is due to open next year.

Scientists say fossils and sophisticated nuclear dating technology show that the Earth is more than 4 billion years old, the first dinosaurs appeared around 200 million years ago, and they died out well before the first human ancestors arose a few million years ago.

“Genesis is not science,” said Mary Dawson, curator emeritus of vertebrate paleontology at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh. “Genesis is a tale that was handed down for generations by people who really knew nothing about science, who knew nothing about natural history, and certainly knew nothing about what fossils were.”

Ham said he believes most fossils are the result of the Great Flood described in Genesis.

Mark Looy, a vice president at Answers in Genesis, said the museum has received at least $21 million in private donations. He said two anonymous donors have given $1 million, and he expects the museum to be debt-free when it opens next May.

John Morris, president of the Institute for Creation Research in San Diego, an organization that promotes creationism, said the museum will affirm the doubts many people have about science, namely the notion that man evolved from lower forms of life.

“Americans just aren’t gullible enough to believe that they came from a fish,” he said.

From http://s8int.com/WordPress/

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Cambrian Embryo Fossils Show Exquisite Detail in New X-Ray Imaging 08/10/2006

The news media are all showcasing the detailed color-rendered X-ray tomographs of Cambrian worm embryos from China. Scientists were able to determine that these embryos, alleged to be 500 million years old, are very similar to those of modern, living priapulid worms. Despite their assumed age, some of the embryos were remarkably well preserved, displaying rows of teeth and other features in the sub-millimeter range.
It’s really a report about an exciting new non-invasive imaging technology that is able to uncover exquisite detail in biological structures smaller than a grain of sand.

What did the original paper in Nature say? Donoghue et al.1 spent most of the time discussing their revolutionary imaging technique, called SXRTM, and the details of the embryos they studied. They only made two brief references to evolution, both of which were tentative and actually problematical for evolutionary theory. First, they said that structures previously thought to be an outer layer of blastomeres looked more like modern arthropod yolk pyramids, “with the implication that arthropod evolutionary history is thereby pushed back in time.” In other words, if an innovation appears much earlier in the record than previously believed, its ancestry must be even earlier. No evidence for such a hypothetical ancestor was presented. The only other mention of evolution stressed the superiority of SXRTM over light-microscope imaging. This paragraph is too ambiguous about evolution to provide any support for the theory:

It is clear from this study that scanning electron microscopy and light-microscopy of thin sections are insufficient to reveal fossil embryo structure. Analyses of internal and external structure in concert by means of SXRTM have allowed us to clarify the nature of diagenetic infills, to decide between opposing interpretations of cleavage modes, and to resolve the anatomy of the later-stage embryos of Pseudooides and Markuelia, helping to constrain their affinity and evolutionary significance. Perhaps more importantly, it has revealed aspects of the anatomy of these organisms that would never have otherwise been resolved.

That’s it. The paper did not even mention that these embryos were Cambrian, or make any judgments about how old they were (except in the references). Only in their quotations to the press did the researchers speculate more openly about where these embryos fit in the evolutionary scheme of things.

What they should have done is lamented the downfall of four props for evolution:

1 Age: The presence of exquisitely-preserved soft embryos casts doubt on the claim they are 500 million years old.
2 Preservability The discovery of delicate embryo fossils destroys the excuse that Precambrian ancestors of complex life that burst on the scene in the Cambrian (04/23/2006) were not preserved because they were soft-bodied.
3 Abrupt Appearance: It shows that more advanced arthropod-style embryonic features were already present in these worms at the first appearance of complex multicellular organisms in the record.
4 Stasis: The embryos resemble modern counterparts, indicating that there has been little (if any) evolution during the mythical 500 million years.

In short, this is not a paper about evolution, it is a set of evidences challenging evolution!
The deceitful practices of evolutionary reporters about hard evidence are like two things. (A) They are like junk-science health-pill claims, wherein manufacturers are not allowed to make health claims on the bottle, but in their ads, make wildly-unsupported promises about what the pills will cure. (B) They are like artisans who pick up the shells creationists lob into the Darwin Party Castle, then melt them down and recast them into idols of Charlie. Hopefully, enough smart people out there can see what is going on.
Congratulations to the SXRTM team, anyway. We hope this great new imaging technique will continue to provide more evidence against evolution for another 500 million seconds.

From http://www.creationsafaris.com/crev200608.htm

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

New Novel About Noah Published:
Earth Chronicles Volume I, When The Earth Was Green

:[ August 14th, 2006

by Allie Webster

Ms. Webster had previously made us aware that she was writing a novel that touched on some of the same topics touched on by s8int.com. We’re looking forward to reading it. Hopefully, it’s soon to be a major motion picture?

Dear s8int.com,

My novel, Earth Chronicles Volume I: When The Earth Was Green has been published. My launch date is the 19th of August here in Vanuatu.

It was published by Zeus Publications (Australia) and is available from them or at the end of August it should be available in the USA from Barnes and Nobel and Amazon.com.

“When the Earth Was Green is the first in a series of Earth Chronicles. It depicts an ancient but highly advanced civilization. The story relays the years leading up to the great flood as Noah’s family spends a century building the Ark and being ridiculed for it. Against an atmosphere of impending doom stand characters with their own stories, their own relationships and their own individual crisis and faith.”

The book is currently available from Zeuspublications.com or at the end of August (I don’t have the exact date yet) it will be available from Barnes and Nobel book stores and also from Amazon.com for those who do online shopping instead of at the book store.

The book posters depicts the skeleton of the ark being built, with the aircraft from the pyramids in the background.

Pray people who don’t believe Noah and family were “primitive” but represent that long lost highly advanced society read this book.

from http://s8int.com/WordPress/

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Indon Hobbit ‘Was Disabled Caveman’

August 20, 2006 12:00

FOSSILISED remains which Australian researchers hailed as a previously unknown species of miniature human probably belonged to a disabled caveman, a new study has concluded.

The discovery by Australian and Indonesian archaeologists of a skull and bones on the Indonesian island of Flores in 2004 was thought to be a major development in tracing human evolution.

Nicknamed the hobbit, the 1m skeleton was by far the smallest ever found, with a brain the size of a grapefruit. However, a new study contends the remains probably belonged to an early human suffering from microcephaly, a condition that causes an abnormally small head and other deformities, London’s Sunday Times reports.

The paper quotes a report in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, one of America’s most respected scientific institutions, as suggesting the initial evaluation of the remains was flawed.

“The skeletal remains do not represent a new species, but some of the ancestors of modern human pygmies who live on the island today,” the report said. “The individual exhibits a combination of characteristics that are not primitive but instead regional and not unique but found in other modern human populations.” The original team was co-directed by Michael Morwood from Australia’s University of New England at Armidale in NSW and Professor Radien Soejono of the Indonesian Research Centre for Archaeology.

Robert Eckhardt, professor of developmental genetics and evolutionary morphology at Pennsylvania State University, who was part of the new team, criticised the original study for comparing the skeleton with those of homo sapiens primarily from Europe. He said a more accurate understanding of the “hobbit” emerged when compared against humans from the same region.

Several researchers have already expressed doubts over the original findings, which were published in leading British science journal, Nature, in October 2004. In March last year Adelaide University professor of anatomical sciences Maciej Henneberg said he believed the hominid was suffering from some variation of microcephaly.

from http://s8int.com/WordPress/

Indon Hobbit a human after all............

Trey of Diamonds
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Trey of Diamonds »

Speaking of Noah...

I have always loved the myth of Atlantis and as a child I would dream of where it may have been and how it was lost. As I grew older my dreams took on more of a speculative nature and I would look for more scientific answers to the mystery. I read many of the books on the subject and researched several theories such as the Greek Island of Thera. http://skepdic.com/atlantis.html So much of what we know of Atlantis is based on the stories of the Greeks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis - http://homepage.mac.com/cparada/GML/Atlantis.html But the Greeks are well known for the restructuring of other peoples myths and stories for their own use. If this is what happened, what were the original stories?

Slowly I began to formulize a theory of my own. You see, I was also looking into the story of Noah and the great flood. I had stumbled on the fact that this tale was not exclusive to the Judean, Christian and Islamic faiths but seemed to be a reoccurring story in nearly all religions. So it was an easy leap for me to connect Noah’s cataclysm with the sinking of Atlantis. In other words, Noah was a surviving Atlantian. Another example of a surviving Atlantian would be Quetzalcoatl of Aztec myth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl was a god with pale skin and blue eyes who invented books, the calendar and gave Maize to the Aztecs. He also came around the time that the fourth world was destroyed and the fifth world began. We are currently in the fifth world now though I think it is due to end on December 12, 2012.

Anyways, I though I had a good theory going. Atlantis sank and the survivors repopulated the world, the sinking of the island being the cataclysm myth of all the major world religions. But this didn’t give me a location. Then I read a theory put forward by Rand and Rose Flem-Ath. They believe that Atlantis never sank but is still right where it always was. You see, Atlantis is Antarctica. http://www.flem-ath.com/

The Flem-Ath were believers of Charles Hapgood’s Crust Displacement Theory. http://www.poleshift.org/Charles_Hapgood.html This theory states that sometime around 12,000 years ago, the earths poles shifted. Before this time, a portion of Antarctica resided in warmer climates.

It is possible that a civilization rose on Antarctica and perhaps reached the a level of technology comparable to the Phoenicians, at least from a sailing standpoint. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenicians After the polar shift, the home of this civilization was covered in water and is to this day. The survivors mingled with the more primitive cultures on other continents, passing their stories along to become the myths we know today.

One striking piece of evidence is the Piri Reis map. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis_map The Piri Reis map shows the coastline of Antarctica, a coastline that has been under ice for at least 6000 years. Piri Reis was a Turkish sea captain and cartographer. He collected old maps and many times recopied them due to the condition of the older map. Could his map of Antarctica be a reproduction of the coastline of Atlantis, handed down through the millennia for us to catch a glimpse of the past. I like to think so.

So there you have it. My theory is that Antarctica is Atlantis and when the poles shifted, the survivors spread across the globe. As an addendum, I think the Celtic race is possibly the most direct descendants of the Atlantian race. Their history fits this model very well.
<> <> <> Trey of Diamonds <> <> <>
Traffic and Logistics Manager
Visionary Comics Studio
Creator of Mamluk and Cyra
http://www.comicspace.com/trey/

jerico
Just Registered
Just Registered

Bill Hicks

Post by jerico »

in the words of the late, great Bill Hicks:

"Today, a young man on acid realized That all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." :)

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Atlantis, well I have not studied it, I remember I did once watch a documentary on it….

I can’t remember where they said it was, but I am sure it was not Antarctica……

Anyway you could be right….

What I have read is that Antarctica had warmer climates, and I do agree on that….but not on those dates…..

Interesting theory.....

However I follow the Bible, so Noah and his family where the survivors of the flood…..

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

The fifth world?

Well I have read some who say we are in the fourth age, or the third age.....and I would say I'm not sure on that....but I think it is one or the other....

As for it's end, the end of this age I would say that date is not right, because no one knows....only God....however I do think it is close......

Trey of Diamonds
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Trey of Diamonds »

Dark Knight wrote:However I follow the Bible, so Noah and his family where the survivors of the flood…..

Right, my theory merely explains the flood and why most religions have a flood story.
<> <> <> Trey of Diamonds <> <> <>
Traffic and Logistics Manager
Visionary Comics Studio
Creator of Mamluk and Cyra
http://www.comicspace.com/trey/

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

I believe most religions have a flood story, because the descendants of Noah would have been told about the flood by, Noah or the others who where on the Ark.....and so it pass down....the line....

And I believe that it was a world wide flood, and have done much read on this....

Speaking of the flood....there is Radical Theory that the Giza pyramids where built before the flood.....which I will post in the Radical Theory topic.....

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Big Bang's Afterglow Fails an Intergalactic Shadow Test

In a finding sure to cause controversy, scientists at The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) found a lack of evidence of shadows from "nearby" clusters of galaxies using new, highly accurate measurements of the cosmic microwave background.

A team of UAH scientists led by Dr. Richard Lieu, a professor of physics, used data from NASA's Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) to scan the cosmic microwave background for shadows caused by 31 clusters of galaxies.

"These shadows are a well-known thing that has been predicted for years," said Lieu. "This is the only direct method of determining the distance to the origin of the cosmic microwave background. Up to now, all the evidence that it originated from as far back in time as the Big Bang fireball has been circumstantial.

"If you see a shadow, however, it means the radiation comes from behind the cluster. If you don't see a shadow, then you have something of a problem. Among the 31 clusters that we studied, some show a shadow effect and others do not."

Other groups have previously reported seeing this type of shadows in the microwave background. Those studies, however, did not use data from WMAP, which was designed and built specifically to study the cosmic microwave background.

If the standard Big Bang theory of the universe is accurate and the background microwave radiation came to Earth from the furthest edges of the universe, then massive X-ray emitting clusters of galaxies nearest our own Milky Way galaxy should all cast shadows on the microwave background.

These findings are scheduled to be published in the Sept. 1, 2006, edition of the Astrophysical Journal.

Taken together, the data shows a shadow effect about one-fourth of what was predicted - an amount roughly equal in strength to natural variations previously seen in the microwave background across the entire sky.

"Either it (the microwave background) isn't coming from behind the clusters, which means the Big Bang is blown away, or ... there is something else going on," said Lieu. "One possibility is to say the clusters themselves are microwave emitting sources, either from an embedded point source or from a halo of microwave-emitting material that is part of the cluster environment.

"Based on all that we know about radiation sources and halos around clusters, however, you wouldn't expect to see this kind of emission. And it would be implausible to suggest that several clusters could all emit microwaves at just the right frequency and intensity to match the cosmic background radiation."

Predicted as early as 1948 and discovered in 1965, the cosmic microwave background is a faint glow of weak radiation that apparently permeates the universe.

Because it is seen coming from every direction in nearly uniform power and frequency, cosmologists theorized that the microwave background is afterglow radiation left over by the Big Bang that created the universe.

If that were the case, the background microwave radiation reaching Earth today would have traveled billions of light years through space from the furthest edges of the universe.

Galaxy clusters are the largest organized structures in the universe. Each cluster can contain hundreds of galaxies like the Milky Way, each with billions of stars. The gravity created at the center of some clusters traps gas that is hot enough to emit X-rays.

This gas is also hot enough to lose its electrons (or ionize), filling millions of cubic light years of space inside the galactic clusters with swarming clouds of free electrons.

It is these free electrons which bump into and interact with individual photons of microwave radiation, deflecting them away from their original paths and creating the shadowing effect. This shadowing effect was first predicted in 1969 by the Russian scientists Rashid Sunyaev and Yakov Zel'dovich.

Like shadow puppets on a wall, however, these shadows would only form if all three ingredients (light, object and observer) are in the correct order.

If an object casts no shadow, it might be because the light source is closer to the observer than the object. That might mean that the cosmic microwave background didn't originate at the far edges of the universe, although there are no obvious or popular alternative sources.

The WMAP dataset is available to the public and other scientists are already testing the UAH group's results, Lieu said, although no one has yet reported finding any flaws in their analysis.

Just over a year ago Lieu and Dr. Jonathan Mittaz, a UAH research associate, published results of a study using WMAP data to look for evidence of "lensing" effects which should have been seen (but weren't) if the microwave background was a Big Bang remnant.

Citiation: Lieu, Mittaz and Shuang-Nan Zhang, UAH, "The Sunyaev-Zel'dovich effect in a sample of 31 clusters: A comparison between the X-ray predicted and WMAP observed decrement," Astrophysical Journal, Sept. 1, 2006, Vol. 648, No. 1, p. 176
Source: University of Alabama Huntsville

from http://s8int.com/phile/bigbang10.html

"Either it (the microwave background) isn't coming from behind the clusters, which means the Big Bang is blown away, or ... there is something else going on,"

:smt067

:smt077

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

The Trouble with Neanderthals 09/18/2006

If nothing else, the scientific investigation of Neanderthal Man is valuable for illustrating how fluid scientific opinion can be. Since we found out Sept. 1 that Neanderthal genes may be lurking among us, two more unexpected claims have been made about these wrestler-build members of genus Homo.

Hideouts and Holdouts: Some Neanderthals may have lived thousands of years longer than earlier believed, said Live Science, Science Now and National Geographic. This controversial claim emerged from radiocarbon-dates of charcoal from a Gibraltar cave as recent as 24,000 years–some 6,000 years earlier than the standard 30,000-year mark when modern humans were said to become dominant. BBC News has a picture of the cave and the locale. A possible multi-thousand-year overlap resurrects the question of whether Neanderthals and modern humans interbred. Skeptics dispute the dates, claiming the samples must have been contaminated.

I’m OK, You’re Strange: Erik Trinkaus of Washington State got publicity with this assertion: Neanderthals were normal; it’s we modern humans that are strange (see Live Science). He compared other members of genus Homo and “discovered” that modern humans have twice as many “uniquely distinct traits” as Neanderthals. Whether that qualifies as making us weird might be debated, but Trinkaus argued, “In the broader sweep of human evolution, the more unusual group is not Neanderthals, whom we tend to look at as strange, weird and unusual, but it’s us, modern humans.”
Some may think the only scientific law being confirmed here is Dykstra’s Law: Everybody is somebody else’s weirdo. Another pointed out that finding cave men does not prove evolution. We still have cave men today– Osama bin Ladin.

Did we hear a scientist doubting the accuracy of radiocarbon dates? Is it possible somebody is picking and choosing the dates they want? Evolutionists want us to believe that Neanderthals did little more than hunt game and paint on cave walls for 70,000 years, even though their average skull capacities were larger than ours. Does that make any sense?
Though Neanderthals (whatever we call them) are classified according to a set of distinctive anatomical traits, there is more variability among living people than between average Neanderthals and average modern humans. Could Neanderthalism be nothing more than an artifact of human classification bias? Is this a form of racism projected onto dead humans unable to hire a lawyer to defend themselves?a You decide; in the meantime, you’ll want to make a good impression among the Neanderthal glitterati at the next cave cookout, so order your prosthetic brow ridges today.b
Next headline on: Early Man • Dating Methods
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aThe BBC article included an artist’s conception that accentuates the “primitive” look. This harks back to Haeckel’s ranking of humans to make certain races look less evolved.
bNote: prominent brow ridges are not marks of brutishness or stupidity. They are actually a benefit; they allow larger muscle attachments for chewing. It could be argued that we modern humans are at a disadvantage without them. Any trait can be accentuated in a limited gene pool; look at dachshunds vs. huskies. You could organize dogs into groups based on traits, and set arbitrary boundaries between the groups, yet this would imply nothing about their intelligence, survivability, or (especially) their emergence from hypothetical pre-canine ancestors.

from http://www.creationsafaris.com/crev200609.htm