Creation

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

The Chimp-Human 1% Difference: A Useful Lie? checkout what I said in my blog... how big is the difference really? cheak it out...in my blog....

LightBrigade
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by LightBrigade »

Starfire wrote:... I would like to know if any poeple feel that quantum physics proves that we are spiritual beings on a scientific level.
Prove it hardly does. No Science field like Physics - called "positive sciences" by some classification, really proves this. Many in the scientific world hold that Science can not and shall never prove it at all. Because it is not the tool to deal with the spiritual universe/world/issue.

However, the farther any Science field advances, the more the scientist is encouraged to tend to consider spirituality as an inherent characteristic of man.

What a famous scientist has said is indicative of a probable proper response to your question, Starfire :

When I wonder about quantum physics principles, I refer to my notes, contemporary research and peer opinion, before I finally resort to intuition to make daring assumptions. Yet, when my child is ill, and the doctor tells me to wait and see for he has done everything in his power already, I turn my eyes upwards.

I understand this attitude I share may not seem exactly related to your question at first sight. I believe it is though.

LightBrigade
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by LightBrigade »

If I had not missed it, how could I prove what a paragon of absent-minded someone I am!

Quantum Physics and Science in general shall never prove whether we are of spirit as well as flesh only because the spirit is of nature Science cannot touch, measure, put in a laboratory and experiment on, to repeat the findings it needs to prove what it usually does.

Science proves when it is able to in vitro (in laboratory conditions) repeat the same experiment in imitating nature, and produce the same results repeatedly and invariably each time.

Science can not dissect the spirit, in simple words.

(It could be the very hot day for my error, not the hard times, of course *s* I am sorry.)
When people agree with me, I always feel that I must be wrong. -- Oscar Wilde --

LightBrigade
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by LightBrigade »

Dark Knight wrote:The Chimp-Human 1% Difference: A Useful Lie? checkout what I said in my blog... how big is the difference really? cheak it out...in my blog....
Please, forgive me for the daring thought, Dark Knight, but I think a lot in your Blog could very well appear in public posting. It would offer food for thought, opportunity for discussion and a chance for debate on very interesting matters. Of course, since I am most ignorant of how a Web Community like this one exactly functions _thematically_, this opinion of mine expressed so spontaneously may very well be a cause of disturbance to the Management.

------------
Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing - Oscar Wilde.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

A most interesting idea....

You know you can always comment in my blog....

However not many people comment in my blog, but many read...

It is something I will think about... with that in mind I will put more thought into where to post some stuff, I have thought about posting in my blog and thought about posting in this topic...

They could be separate topics....

Let the disturbances start.... :wink:

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Management, shmanagement.

Forget them.

:roll:

:wink:

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Chinese Eat Dragon Bone for Health 07/04/2007
Chinese villagers dig up dinosaur bones for health food. Yahoo News reported, “Villagers in central China dug up a ton of dinosaur bones and boiled them in soup or ground them into powder for traditional medicine, believing they were from flying dragons and had healing powers.” The article says the bones are calcium rich and believed to be a treatment for dizziness and cramps. A paste made from the material is applied to fractures and injuries. The people of the village have been doing this for at least two decades.

Maybe they know something more than the paleontologists, who don’t seem to see any problem with calcium-rich bones 85 million years old. Wouldn’t it all have been replaced by rock? And how did the people connect the bones with their mythical dragons? How did this much bone get fossilized in one small area, when most large animals today do not fossilize? Interesting questions, but not enough information was provided in the short article.
from http://www.creationsafaris.com/crev200707.htm

Yes interesting, I would suggest stories past down, maybe, which where based on actual sightings, or is that to out there... not for me...dinosaurs survive after the flood for some time... how long?

The long-tailed flying reptile Scaphognathus crassirostris reportly sighted in the early 17'th century

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

I heard the same thing myself on the History Channel a while back (about remote Chinese villages using ground dinosaur bones as a panacea). I thought it was rather interesting myself.

LightBrigade
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by LightBrigade »

Scaphognathus means trough-jawed (scaph-e[Gr]=trough and gnathos[Gr]=jaw), if this can help us imagine the flying reptile. The pelican, the albatros and the gull are thought to be evolved forms of the scaphognathus family. So in this aspect, some scientists feel not all dinosaurs were only reptiles. By the way, dinosaur means 'a very clever reptile to fear', from deinos[Gr.]=formidable and also competent, dexterous and saur-a[Gr.]=lizard (denotation) and reptile (connotation). The 'dei-' became 'di' for simplification since there is no diphthong (for lack of a more accurate equivalent) in English to serve the purpose of "ei" in Greek. Another example of meaningful word for dinosaurs is Tyrannosaurus, from tyrann-os[Gr.]=tyrant and saur-a[Gr.], the tyrannising reptile to fear, or gigantosaurus, from giga-s[Gr.]=giant.

Magus, that certain peoples use bones and other parts of animal bodies which they turn into powder form to preserve, is widespread in the Orient. These powdered animal parts are supposed to hold medicinal properties, where the older the source of the medicine, the more potent the drug. The concept is founded on the belief that the bioenergy field of the animal, the aura, is lasting in the sense we in the Occident say that energy never dies out but only transforms itself through time. And non-chemically manufactured medicine was a welcomed solution if not a necessity in ancient times; even until a few decades ago. For example, few of us remember our grandmothers tell us what a wonderful antiseptic chamomile is, especially for the hygiene of babies or tender parts of the body like the eyes. Fortunately, herbal medicine is again nowadays in the evolutionary scene.

LightBrigade
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by LightBrigade »

It must be off topic, but since DK referred to dragons above, dragon means a fearsome person, from the Greek statesman Drakon (drako + n as the masculine suffix) who caused fear to the citizens. Mothers in ancient Athens threatened their children with/in the name of Drakon, whom rumour had that he would eat them alive or drink their blood if they were unruly.

'Dracula' is Slav for the Greek (Hellenic) 'Drakon'.

And the military body of dragoons may hold its name from the same root to mean formidable warriors.
Last edited by LightBrigade on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Actually, LightBrigade, I just had a friend of mine expouse the wonderous benefits of chamomile less than an hour ago.

:roll:

Go figure.

:wink:

LightBrigade
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by LightBrigade »

Dark Knight wrote:
Dinosaurs Died Agonizing Deaths: Asphyxiation?

... an opisthotonic pose.
It is interesting the amount of evidence, for a world-wide flood, I can now add this to the list....

Of course not all dinosaurs died in the flood, some would have died before.....and some after....

Yes there would have been dinosaurs on Noah's boat....

In fact it is interesting the evidence that dinosaurs almost survived to the present day.....
Opisthotonic is a compound word of opistho{Gr.} for rear, back not forward, and tonic{Gr.} of tension as ton-os (masc. sing. nominative and appearing as ton-e in English to denote something different in common vernacular) is tension. I mark the suffixes as they are typically examined academically in Etymology and Semantics, so I hope my spelling is understood as merely explanatory. Opisthotonic means tending to the rear, to the back. It is a word used to describe the typical position a lifeless body takes when lying on its back. The back curves to form an arch. There should be no wonder for many simple signs perceived as natural or unnatural have to do with this stage living creatures go through. For example, the slight smile we see on the face of one who has just passed away, is not anything unusual, special or individualised. It is a clear indication of a stage in the process. That is, it indicates it is time the body were buried, and soon.
- - -
So, Dark Knight, is your own personal belief about the very interesting matter you have mentioned here, that dinosaurs could have been in Noah's Ark, that some died in that flood and some died earlier and others later?

Which I would find a fairly logical assumption and for those who adopt the Bible, a well established belief. But there is a point I do not quite grasp. Could you, please, tell again how you mean that they almost survived to the present day, if that is not too much trouble to ask of you? Of course I understand there may be little or no time for you to deal with this question.