Creation

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

User avatar
Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author
Posts: 5303
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 7:31 am
Location: Ultima Thule

Post by Boikat »

Dark Knight wrote:
Boikat wrote:
Dark Knight wrote: I suppose they could being trying to use these to point out that the other fossils that are date as millions of years old, really could have fossilized in the flood.
How old a fossil is doesn't really have anything to do with how quickly it took for it to fossilize.
Yea that I know, I was just say that, I think that is what they are trying to get at.
Since how long a fossil takes has no bearing on the age of the earth, what was their point (aside from some people having misconceptions about fossilization) ?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

User avatar
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: My Tower
Contact:

Post by Dark Knight »

Boikat wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:
Boikat wrote: How old a fossil is doesn't really have anything to do with how quickly it took for it to fossilize.
Yea that I know, I was just say that, I think that is what they are trying to get at.
Since how long a fossil takes has no bearing on the age of the earth, what was their point (aside from some people having misconceptions about fossilization) ?
I don't know?, maybe that was their point, I have nothing to do with AIG or any other creation website so how should I know?, I am not a mind reader! :!: :wink:

I am not going to spent my time searching for some other point on their website, which may or may not be there. You can always go question them, I am pretty sure there is a way of submiting questions, but I am not going to.

In real life I have no wizarding powers :!: :( :wink:

User avatar
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: My Tower
Contact:

Post by Dark Knight »

Boikat wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:I do not want to get into a debate about rock dating, flood evidence or other related stuff etc.
You posted what (presumably) you (or AiG) considers evidence for the flood, but do not want to debate its merits? Then what's your point?
If you go back, it was from both AiG and trueorigin.org

The original point was to show that there are answers to some of the problems which where at the link you posted and at the time I was ready to debate.

However a debate would probably get nowhere as we counter each other with endless quotes and links to articles.
Boikat wrote:We can cut and paste links and text from Talk Origins and AiG and "True Origins" until we end up recycling links and text.
Sounds like you didn't want to debate at the time anyway.

NO More DEBATES
Now I don’t want to debate anymore, I have come to a decision regarding the future of the topic. Which I will explain in an up coming post that I have been working on. You are free to post counter argument to the points I raise in the final comments, in that post, but I will be no longer debating things in this topic.

User avatar
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: My Tower
Contact:

Post by Dark Knight »

Creation the End:

It is time to announce the end of this topic. Of course no topic can end truly unless it is lock, otherwise anyone is free to as such continue the said topic. So what do I mean when I say it is the end? I will no longer be posting any creation or evolution stuff in this topic, as such it will stop being updated.

Like the other topics that I start that have thus ended, this one will as well, when thus I stop posting. I stopped updating “End Times: The Bible Prophecy’, much to the relief of some members. I still believe in end times and the Bible Prophecy. Also “DK Talks” came to an end, when I stopped posting in that topic. That topic of course move to my blog, and thus continues.

Thus this is the last post that I plan to make, no doubt there maybe one or two more if someone thus comments on this post.

Sites you could check out are:
http://www.icr.org/
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
http://www.trueorigin.org/

And:
http://www.evolutionnews.org/
http://www.intelligentdesign.org/

And there are many more on the web……thus just search…

Thus when I stop posting in here the topic will no doubt drift down the list, and that will be the end.

I thus have some final comments:
On the ARK
A quick go over of some points:
There have been feasibility studies on the ark, to show that the animals would fit and that it would survive the flood etc. Some of the animals probably would have slept the whole time, there could have been several animals going on the ark at the same time, if there was a wide door. God lead the animals to the ark. The flood waters did not have to cover the current height of the mountains, there has been uplift since the flood.

There is no such thing as a Brontosaurus:
Go to the following link and read how the wrong head was put on the dinosaur. The mistake lasted until 1975.
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/brontosaurus.html

Young Earth
Here are some links to show that the Earth is young:

Evidence for a Young World
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/4005.asp

Evidence for a Young Sun
http://www.icr.org/article/405/

Get Answers: ‘Young’ age of the Earth & Universe
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/young.asp
This has a number of articles.

The bible and the Young Age of the Earth Scientific and Biblical reasons:
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/earthage.html

No doubt there maybe counter argument to some of these. Anyone is free to post counter argument, to any or all of these evidences, but I will not be getting into any debate.

The one I do like is the one that states that the Sun would have been touch the Earth 20 million years ago, because it has been deceasing in size. Go back 20 million years and that’s how big it would have been. Which is some what of a problem. The earth is mean to be 4billion years old. Dinosaurs are meant to have lived 65 million years ago. That’s assuming a constant rate, but actually it would have been decreasing faster the further you go back.

The article below talks about how religion is entering into the teaching on evolution.

Darwin Day and the New Campaign to Inject Religion into Public Schools
Eugenie Scott, head of the pro-evolution National Center for Science Education, recommends having biology students read statements endorsing evolution by theologians. She further suggests assigning the students to interview ministers about their views on evolution— but not if the community is “conservative Christian,” because then the intended lesson that “Evolution is OK!” might be undermined.
From http://www.evolutionnews.org/2008/02/da ... mpaig.html

And go here for news about an upcoming movie called EXPELLED:
http://www.expelledthemovie.com/
Out in spring 2008 USA.

About movie:
In a scientific world gone mad, EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed is the controversial documentary that will chronicle Ben Stein's confrontation with the Neo-Darwinian machine, exposing widespread suppression and entrenched discrimination in his heroic quest to bring back freedom in our institutions, laboratories and most importantly, in our classrooms, with the help of the world's top scientists, educators and thinkers.
From http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

Discrimination Creationists Face:
Here are some further examples:
1. State universities refusing to admit home school students because they may have been taught creation science.
2. Universities refusing to accept credits from other institutions that teach intelligent design.
3. Biology professors who give students bad grades because they believe in creation or are Christians.
4. Secular, tax-sponsored publications that will not publish creationist material.
5. Christian science teachers who are refused positions in public schools.
6. Science professors who are denied tenure or lose their jobs because they speak openly about their faith in God.
7. Science editors fired or demoted because they publish material on creation or intelligent design.

In Michigan and Oklahoma, bills have been introduced that protect teachers from this type of discrimination in the name of academic freedom.
From http://www.rae.org/discrimination.html

Age of the Earth:
I have said in the past that people have studied the bible and come up with the age of the Earth based on the information in the bible.

You can go to this link to download a PDF of the timeline of the bible:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio ... meline.asp

Note I do not support the view of the seventy weeks shown in this time-line, I support the view of the 69 weeks, but I will not get into that here.

I do not support the eschatology of AIG. For that matter I do not support the eschatology of any creation site that I know of. I have my own views on eschatology, please don’t assume that it agrees with anyone site.

So why end the topic now?

It is not to do with any member on this site, it is not because I have been debating with a certain member. The Master has not told me to end this topic.

I believe it is the right time as it where to focus my energies else where. When you think about it creation and the flood in the bible take up a small part of the whole bible. I have spent a lot of time on this topic, which is actually only a small part of the great book. My main focus has shifted over time, and now it is to do with “ALL SAVED“.There is something that I want to spend a lot of time on. I have a big plan ahead, and it does not involve creation, but it does involve God. I believe God wants me to focus on the big plan, which you should hear more about later.

Post Reply