Marraige ending after 33 years

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Marraige ending after 33 years

Post by Ariel »

Merry friggin Christmas to me. :(
Going to try to get on disibility for my back as I have been living off of my savings since my last place of employment moved south in 2008. If I don't get it, I'm screwed royally. I don't drive and even if I did I couldn't afford a car and the up-keep.

So yeah, for Christmas my life is falling apart and I am filled with fear and sorrow. Hope you all have a much better holiday than me.

nightlock
Site Regular
Site Regular

Re: Marraige ending after 33 years

Post by nightlock »

Forgive my leetspeak but OMG WTF?

Why is it always the good ones who get the shaft?
Why are the nice people always *beep* by life?

I wish I could do something for you.
I wish I could help you bear the burden.
I can't. :(

Read New Awakenings

"This is here." :smt104

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

I'm very sorry Ariel. You've had more than your share of troubles lately.

Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Anime Trekker »

I feel very sorry for you Ariel on both ends (I filed for disability a couple of years ago because I found out I have Asperger Syndrome (a form of autism))
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I am sorry, Ariel. Get a good lawyer. You are floored, naturally, because of this, but you will come through it.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

You all are so wonderful. Thanks for the concern and kind words. They are appreciated more than words could ever say.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Ariel, my complete sympathy to you. And Bmat is right. Get a good lawyer. You have a long term marriage, and you are unable to work. I don't know Rhode Island law, but that's usually a recipe for permanent alimony. Don't get screwed. If he wants out, make him pay for it. Again, not knowing Rhode Island law, if they require grounds for divorce, fight the grounds until he comes up with $$$ to get out.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Thanks Merle! One baby step at a time. First I will see my doc and ask or an MRI for my back and whatever advice she has. I'll file or disibility after I get some results. I know it is their policy to deny you the first time and that I will have to get a lawyer to fight it. The divorce will have to come later. Yes I will try for alimony. Just so overwhelmed right now. Wish I could sleep through it all.

Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Asp Zelazny »

I am so sorry to hear about yet another thing come crashing down upon you this year, Ariel. Fight for what you need, and having a good advocate on your side will certainly be useful. The fight itself can be therapeutic. Here's hoping that 2013 will be a much, much better one for you.

Qray

Post by Qray »

I'm so sorry to hear this, poppet. Especially after all that both you and your husband have been through. You have the strength to get through this and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

Sorry I'm so sorry. :shock:

I don't know what to say, That does not happen often. Sorry, - Oh its not right!

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Thanks everyone!

MRI showed mild stenosis in my back and slipped disc and I have nerve damage that sometimes acts up in my legs. Was reading a lawyers site with advice and even though the stenosis isn't severe, I still have a chance at disability. Things that will be in my favor are depression, which I have and being 55 which I will be in April. So...I am waiting until April to file.

Mark is staying with me until I work something out. If I don't get the disability, I'll have to move in with my Mother. Good grief at 54/55 moving back in with my Mother. LOL Well, she is elderly and needs help. When she passes I will move in with my dear friends. I have two sets of friends that want me. Wonder if they'll let me bring my dragon. LOL

Anyway, been pretty depressed and my doc just upped my depression pill. They always start you on the lowest dose. Hopefully that will help some.