DK Talks {religion and other stuff}

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Hi Grand Evander
To delve a bit into my personal philosophy (sorry for the digression),
That’s alright go ahead….

I disagree with the implications of such a view, since I believe G-d has a greater design for us than to see if we can follow a rule book.
I agree, God knows that it is to hard for us to follow all those rules, that’s why there is grace. And a great design....
I am a fan of defining my own belief system rather than listening to individual interpretations (not saying there is no value in these interpretations).
There are many individual interpretations on belief systems, in the Christian world there are loads. Many of course agree, since they have based there work on what others have said. For nearly 2000 years there have been people coming up with interpretations on the New Testament, over that time you are likely to have a range of views. And there are value in these interpretations, but not all are right or profitable.

But remember this:

All Sinners have a father in Heaven, he loves them all, and he wants them all to come Home. Were he’s waiting with big open arms, to celebrate there Home coming…..
"Sin powerfully for G-d can only forgive a hardy sinner."
God forgives all sinners, remember Grace is more powerful.
I'm intereted in hearing more of your thoughts.
I will give more of my thoughts, the problem I have had lately is time……

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

That's alright. I'm interested in hearing them whenever you have the time... up here in Albany, all I have is time. :D

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

I need that remote from that movie, "Click"....then I would have time or that thing Hermione used in Harry Potter.... :wink:

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

In New Zealand, there are billboard signs from God.... :shock:

The signs, have no phone numbers or website, or person to contact on them, just the message....

So today I thought I would leave you with these signs, and see what you think.....

I like these ones:

Well, you did ask for a sign - God

I miss how you used to talk to me when you were a kid. - God.

I was just thinking about you. - God.

Here are some of the others...>>>

Open 24/7 - God.

If you can't find anywhere private to talk to me, just pretend on your phone - God

Everyday I get more prayer requests for carparks than anything else. You people have to start thinking bigger. - God.

Isn't it weird that most people think I'm white. - God.

I don't mind if you yell at me, at least we're talking. - God.

Contrary to popular belief, I don’t hate anyone who’s gay – Jesus

I love everyone even Christians - Jesus

The people behind are "godmarks"

https://www.godmarks.co.nz

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

:lol:

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

While search the web I also come across a Billboard Campaign by GodSpeaks in the USA and went to their site....and they had a message there I agree with..

I love you…Te amo… –God

Love in every language….we certainly could use a bit more around this globe couldn’t we. God Loves us all, regardless of our color, nationality, religion, size, age, sex, history, health etc. He really really does love us. The Bible says that the reason we love Him is because He first loved us. Now that is an incentive plan. If we have a hard time loving God it is probably because we don’t yet see just how much He has loved us and once we see that we will become consumed with the practice of loving Him. Take a moment and reflect upon the fact that He loves you, despite every reason why he ought not too. He knows your deepest secrets, your dirtiest thoughts, you most carnal aspirations…he knows who you are when no one is looking and He still loves you. Now that is a God worth loving. Once we get a taste of His love, it begins to change the way we live. by GodSpeaks

And here is another message:

Life is Short, Eternity isn't. –God

The Bible tells us that life is short, in comparison to eternity. Take a moment, be quite and think about eternity…. never ending…. never. It’s weird. We are used to everything having a beginning and an end. Never ending makes us all wonder what we will do in a never ending situation. by GodSpeaks

>> This I also agree with, however the next bit I do not>>>,

Perhaps we get bored, perhaps its perpetual torment, perhaps we simply sit on some clouds, harp in hand, singing away. The Bible suggests that we take eternity seriously, that life after death does exist. Life with God in Heaven or life away from God in Hell, either way, eternity does exist. by GodSpeaks

however this is wrong no one is spending eternity in hell. If God loves them, then why is he going to punish them in hell forever…???.>>> It makes no sense..

So here is a couple by me {Dark Knight}....>>>>

Life is Short, Eternity in Heaven with me isn’t –God

Everyone will spend Eternity in Heaven with me – God.

What do you think, like them?

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Man Thrown In Jail For Exclaiming “Thank You, Jesus!”July 17th, 2006

By Ken Kobayashi
Advertiser Courts Writer, Friday, July 14, 2006

When it was announced in the courtroom last month that the jury found him not guilty of abusing his son, Junior Stowers raised his hands and exclaimed, “Thank you, Jesus.”

But instead of leaving the courtroom, Stowers was cited for contempt of court by Circuit Judge Patrick Border for the “outburst.”

For about six hours, Stowers had to remain in the courtroom and a cellblock until the judge granted him a hearing on the contempt charge and released him. At a July 7 hearing, Border dropped the contempt charge, a petty misdemeanor that carries up to 30 days in jail.

Stowers couldn’t be reached for comment yesterday, but Deputy Public Defender Susan Arnett, who represented him on the contempt matter, said although they were pleased with the verdict and the dropping of the contempt case, she doesn’t think Stowers was treated fairly.

“I don’t think there’s anything about saying ‘Thank you, Jesus’ that rises to the level of contemptuous behavior in this case,” she said.

She said Stowers is a devoutly religious man active in his church who spontaneously expressed his thanks to the higher power in which he believed. He had gone from being found not guilty of a crime that he knew he didn’t commit to being held on a contempt charge, she said.

“He was just stupefied by what happened,” Arnett said.

Family members and Iakopo Sale, Stowers’ pastor at Assembly of God Church, who watched from the gallery were “very upset that those words could land somebody in jail,” Arnett said.

Border yesterday declined to comment but indicated his actions are reflected in the court minutes, which indicated he found Stowers’ “non-verbal gestures and outbursts to be disruptive and improper regardless of content.”

Border later dropped the charge because he realized Stowers trial lawyer, Deputy Public Defender Carmel Kwock, did not have time to convey the judge’s message to Stowers that he should not show any emotion when the verdict was announced, the court minutes said.

Stowers, 47, a Honolulu resident, was charged with hitting his 15-year-old son with a broomstick in January. The misdemeanor charge of abusing a household member carries a sentence of up to a year in jail. Stowers was free on a $1,000 bond.

During the trial last month, the boy recanted his earlier statements that his father hit him, according to court records. The boy testified his brother had hit him with a car door. The boy’s brother testified he hit the brother with the door. Stowers denied hitting his son.

Just before the verdict was announced on June 29, Border called city Deputy Prosecutor Sean Sanada and Kwock to the bench and told them he didn’t want a show of emotion by either side, according to a defense request to dismiss the contempt charge.

When Stowers made his remarks after the verdict was announced, the judge told him, “There will no more of that,” the papers said.

Stowers asked to approach the bench and apologize, but the judge told him he could not and ordered him to remain in the courtroom, the defense request said. He was later taken to the cellblock. He was released at 3 p.m.

Sanada said he took no position in the contempt case.

“Judge Border is entitled to run the court in a way he deems appropriate,” Sanada said.

Arnett said in 20 years of legal practice here, she had not heard of a similar case. She said defendants have been held in contempt after a judge repeatedly issues warnings and a defendant ignores the admonitions, but Stowers had not caused any trouble in the courtroom and had not been given any warnings. “Contemptuous behavior has to be much higher than (what Stowers did),” she said.

Reach Ken Kobayashi at kkobayashi@honoluluadvertiser.com.

Judge Border is active in various professional and community organizations, including the Inter Pacific Bar Association, American Bar Association, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Consumer Lawyers of Hawai`i, Mediation Center of the Pacific, and the New Hope Christian Fellowship Prison Ministry. He was previously involved with the Asia Pacific Lawyers Association and Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Honolulu.

from http://s8int.com/WordPress/

DK: Lets see what happens if I say it here:

“Thank You, Jesus!”

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Satan

There are many false teachings about Satan...

Was Satan an Angel?

Who is LUCIFER?

Lucifer only appears once in the bible.....and in fact comes from the Latin translation.....we begin to see a problem here.....

In fact this was not someone's name....

And if we look at the text in which it appears, it does not mention Satan....

Moreover, an examination of the Hebrew text, will convince any one that the evidence for the title “Lucifer” is exceedingly slight. It is precisely the same word as the translators rendered “howl” in Zech.11:2. In the feminine it occurs again in this very chapter, at the beginning of verse 31. In slightly different forms it is found in Isaiah ten times, and it is always rendered howl (13:6; 15:2,3; 16:7,7; 23:1,6,14; 52:5; 65:14). There is no valid reason why Isaiah 14:12 should not be rendered, “Howl!” instead of “Lucifer.” This name is a human invention, and should have no place in the Scriptures.

From http://www.concordant.org/expohtml/TheS ... Satan.html

Here we see that Lucifer is not Satan.....
:shock:

And in fact Isaiah 14:12 is talking about a King...a human....

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

It's very hard to interpret the Book of Isaiah because it had two distinct authors, written in fact over two time periods.

With respect to Lucifer and Satan, you're absolutely correct, DK. Satan is not Lucifer. He is an agent of G-d and a judge of humanity, but is distinct from the entity known as Lucifer. This can certainly be seen in the Book of Job. The notion of hell is not really associated with Judaism, to my knowledge... I know that the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages demonized Lucifer to incite fear and devotion in its masses.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Grand Evander wrote:It's very hard to interpret the Book of Isaiah because it had two distinct authors, written in fact over two time periods.
Actually this is in correct.....

I know people say it had two Authors....but I listern to some one last year, on the net who said Isaiah had one author...

And I agree.....however he did change his writting style...which is one of the reasons for the two Isaiahs concept...

And the other is that he write about things that where in the future...of course when these things came true, after he write about them, there was a problem....

then the easy way around that is to say there where two......

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

How many Isaiahs where there? two? three? ten?

THE “HIGHER CRITICISM” OF ISAIAH {Some paragraphs from this article follow}

Were There Two or Three Different Isaiahs As Some Have Claimed?

Was the Book of Isaiah Really Written by Three Different Authors at Three Different Times as so-called “Biblical Criticism” States?

Now, regarding the biblical book of Isaiah, for twenty five centuries no one dreamed of doubting that Isaiah the son of Amoz (who lived in the 8th Century B.C.) was the author of the entire book that goes under his name. The literary unity of Isaiah was not doubted until comparatively recent times. There is no evidence that the ancients who lived a few hundred years after Isaiah's time knew of any problems concerning Isaiah's writings. Even the translators of the Septuagint translation (approx. 200 BC) showed no indications of disbelieving that the 66 chapters of Isaiah are not Isaiah's work. Nor did the copyists of the text of Isaiah seem to know any other author except Isaiah the son of Amoz.

The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947 went even further in corroborating this book. Why? Because The Isaiah Scroll, found relatively intact, is 1000 years older than any previously known copy of Isaiah. In fact, the scrolls are the oldest group of Old Testament manuscripts ever found anywhere – and yet Isaiah is presented in exactly the same shape as in our current Old Testaments! There is no doubt that this discovery marked the beginning of the end for anti-supernaturalist criticism of Isaiah yet they did not give up their fight and even now their arguments have great influence in certain circles.

So probably the main reason why the critics declare that the work of Isaiah is the work of at least two, if not three, writers is because they believed a prophet could not see beyond the horizon of his own time. It would be impossible for Isaiah (living around 700 BC) to speak of Cyrus who lived about 540 BC if divinely-inspired prophecy is impossible. Consequently, Isaiah 44:28 and Isaiah 45:1 are dated much later than 700 BC, and are said to have been written after the time of Cyrus by a writer who used the name “Isaiah” as a pen-name. So the critics proceed from the assumption that prediction of the distant future is impossible. They did not believe it was possible for Isaiah to speak of a distant Babylonian Captivity and of Cyrus as the deliverer from the Captivity long before Cyrus was even born! Therefore the higher critics state that these sections of the book of Isaiah must have been written after the events actually occurred, and then they were made to appear as if they were predictive prophecies - in other words, if we should believe these people, at least certain sections of this book are a fraud!

But the positing of a second and third Isaiah by Bible critics is despite the complete lack of textual or historical evidence of any kind which they are able to produce and it is based purely upon perceived differences in theme and subject matter, language, style and theological ideas. However, there are at least forty phrases common to all sections of Isaiah many of which are the idiosyncratic sort of phrases tending to be used by specific writers. The phrase 'The Holy One of Israel', for example, is found an almost equal number of times in (so-called) First and Deutero-Isaiah (12 times in chapters 1-39 and 13 times in chapters 40-66). There are also many similarities of theme, style, subject matter, and theology which these Bible critics apparently just ignored because it did not fit in with their already-decided fragmentary view of this book.

From http://www.ukapologetics.net/2criticalisaiah.html

More there.......

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

I remember reading the Book of Isaiah and thinking that there is a major change in the tone and the message towards the later chapters, but that could just be my opinion. Along the same vein, the current belief among scholars is that the Old Testament was compiled by for authors, each given a single letter for identification. For instance, there is a major change in writing style between Genesis:1 and the rest of Genesis, and also a great amount of redundacy in explaining creation between Genesis:1 and Genesis:2. Any thoughts?