DK Talks {religion and other stuff}

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Of course a baby is innocent. It doesn't know any different. :)

Starfire
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Starfire »

[quote="Manji"]The baby was born from Sin, and therefore not innocent according to the bible.[/quote]

Your loosing me here. What baby? Ezekiel 18 tells us that we are not responsible for the sins of our parents. If the parents are married, then there is no sin. Is there a certain baby that we mean here?

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Basically, the baby is going to hell

as I already covered, any child that dies before it is morally aware goes to heaven.....>>>>

Edit: Again Rubbish.....

But they do get to heaven....

if god created our minds and it's not right for us to contradict him, then why the hell did he give us the ability to do so?

he gave us free will, which includes the "ability" to contradict him, it also includes the ability to sin.....why, it is like when you have kids, you want them to love you, you don't want to order them to love you, you want it freely given.

Edit: There is no free will.....but he does what us to know good and evil....and to love him...

"Thinking about a sin is as good as a sin"

lets look at this briefly, you don't like some one, you hate them, you think about killing them day in and day out, but you know you are not going to kill them......is this a sin ?,

You see a hot Girl go pass, you have thoughts of sleeping with her, over and over again......is this a sin ?,

I think the bible humpers have screwed the bible and rewritten it so much to conform with their views and beliefs at the time that we have no real idea what the hell the bible says anymore.

Well I may get on to that at some point....I will not cover it now it is a big area....

Hell wasn't even... ...mentioned until the New Testament!

Do a serach at http://bibleontheweb.com, found about 30 times in the Old Testament

"2 Samuel 22:6 - The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me; "

for example...

Edit: Should the word have been translated hell?

BTW, when the bible says we should "Fear" god it's really saying we should love him.

"Fear of the Lord" means essentially two things: 1) To stand in reverential awe of who God is and 2) to hate sin. from http://www.khouse.org/articles/2004/550/

As for the flood of Noah, that would take a lot to cover....>>>>
Last edited by Dark Knight on Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

As for:

Manji wrote:The baby was born from Sin, and therefore not innocent according to the bible.

he maybe talking about the bit that was covered, to do with David sleeping with another man's wife.....the baby died,

This baby went to heaven.....>>> Just because the parents sin by having sex, when they are not married, (and in this case already married to different people) this does not result in the baby going to hell if it dies...>>>>>

Edit: The baby will get to heaven...
Last edited by Dark Knight on Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Ariel wrote:I prefer to think of myself as spiritual rather than belonging to any one religion or following one path. Everyone has their own belief system. Bottom line is this: We all come from the same source no matter what label we put on it.

Yes we all came from the same source.....>>>> but that is not the bottom line......

The question is where will you spend eternity......>>>>>

Edit: That is not the question, the question is when will you come to know God....

God wants our Love.....>>>>

I myself struggle with the suffering and evil in the world. I cannot fathom a loving perfect God allowing it to such depths.

Well I have tried to cover this....

Lets look at it this way...>>>>

Why should he allow it to any depths, why not stop it before it starts.....,

The answer is free will, which I have already covered....>>

{Edit: There is no free will}

He whats us to love him freely......

To show that evil is bad, that evil results in suffering....
Last edited by Dark Knight on Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrB
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by MrB »

My question to you DK...

do you actually believe all this stuff ?
You can't dangle the bogus carrot of possible reconciliation in front of my face whilst riding some other donkey.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Where will I spend eternity? I've tried like everyone else in the world (except the bad people) to live as a decent and kind soul. Being human, we all make mistakes and learn from them. I am the norm. The only difference between you and I Dk, is that you choose to follow organized religion and I don't. It doesn't mean that I don't believe in a higher power, or that I don't pray. Granted my faith is often challanged, but I am like the child who is ever seeking, ever learning the ways of the world and what it all means.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

MrB wrote:My question to you DK...

do you actually believe all this stuff ?

Why would I post it, if I did not believe.......?

I believe the bible to be true, that's right as I have said before......in other parts of the website......so now I say it again, for all those who missed it....>>>>>

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Ariel it is good you are "ever seeking, ever learning the ways of the world and what it all means."

But lets look at it this way....>>>>>

if there was one cure for cancer, people would line up for blocks, to get the cure.....

But if I say there is only one way to heaven......

"you mean there is only one way",

{slimiar to what Pastor Joe says at http://www.ccphilly.org./home/default.asp}

If there is only one way, should you not try to find out?

Should you not seek to see if what I say is true?

Edit: yes there is only one way, but all will find it in the end....
Last edited by Dark Knight on Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I just don't believe that there is only one way to our creator, or heaven or wherever it is we go to in spirit form. There are religious people all over the world who practice their faith, who live by their teaching, who are good and moral people. If they are good, kind and decent people, how can God deny them happiness in the afterlife? It would not make sense to me. Perhaps these people basically follow the rules of the ten commandments, it's just that they are not christains. Perhaps there are those who pray to understand, but still do not understand. I do not believe that we need to be christain. It is a choice that enhances the lives of many, but not all.

I see God, or the creator all around me, every day. Just think of the complexity of the human mind, the profoundness of love, the beauty of nature, flora and fauna...Is this not a good thing?

MrB
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by MrB »

if there was one cure for cancer, people would line up for blocks, to get the cure.....

What has a cure for cancer got to do with anything ? and in any event there are many forms of cancer, in much the same way there are many forms of religion, everyone's idea of god/heaven/etc is different, what makes your version of God any better than mine, or any different to Joe bloggs the Muslim or any less loving than Fred Smith the Hindu ?

The idea/concept of Religion, is entirely subjective and dependant upon that persons point of view. Now you follow the bible to the letter by all accounts, and that is admirable, you defend what you believe in I have no problem with that, however did you ask questions before you signed up to fight the good fight. If someone knocks on your front door, and says...

"How would you like $10Million ?"

what's the first thing you are going to say ?

more than likely it's going to be "What's the catch?" or "Why do you want to give me $10Million ?" or even "What do I have to do?"

I'm sorry but as far as organised religion goes, there are some very big Questions that need to be answered before they get my vote of approval...
You can't dangle the bogus carrot of possible reconciliation in front of my face whilst riding some other donkey.

MrB
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by MrB »

oops double post, sorry !