Pet Postings

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pet Postings

Post by The Master »

Warm lizards are really good with a little hollandaise sauce and a side of rice.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

The Master wrote:Warm lizards are really good with a little hollandaise sauce and a side of rice.
:shock:

I was going to say something about it always being best to keep your lizards warm, but your comment is much funnier. I prefer picante sauce, myself.... Or hot mustard.
"Never look at the trombones, it only enourages them." -- Richard Strauss

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Caturday

Post by fanuilh »

Velma

Olivia

Tank

Pearl

Sam
"Never look at the trombones, it only enourages them." -- Richard Strauss

samaulle_esun
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by samaulle_esun »

Wow, you have a lot of cats! :D

My cat Ru, which I posted about on here when I got him about a year ago, is a real brat. He'd rather hang out with the German shepards than get patted. He was always squirmish when he was younger but I thought that he'd grow out of it. Now I know that he wont, and will get a more receptive cat next time I buy.
Your friendly resident schizophrenic

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

No eating lizards gentlemen!

Awww fan, love your pretty cats!

My male adult lizard dropped his tail!!!! Crested geckos don't grow their tails back. I have no idea why he did that. He shouldn't have been scared or stressed. Maybe he misses his mate. I seperate them in the winter. It doesn't hurt them, they are made to easily drop their tails. Looks funny though. Poor little dude.

I had another visit by Bo Bo, my neice's cat who lives on the first floor. I'm on the third. He loves to escape and come visit. I let him roam around, pet him, gave him treats and carried him back downstairs. LOL

Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Asp Zelazny »

Just a small pet story to share:

My wife has had cats for forever (even before she acquired me), and I have over the years learned to tolerate them, even somewhat more than they have learned to tolerate me. I'm more of a dog person, and for a number of years we also had a black Lab named Neelix (so you can time it back to the days of ST: Voyager, yes, yes ...) who was, as usual with Labs, an 'everybody's buddy' kind of dog, and very needful of reinforcement of how much he was loved as well.

One of the daily rituals that he developed was to come over to me when I sat down on the fireplace stoop in the morning to put on my shoes and socks, requesting a rubdown and a bit of rough-housing as a affirmation of doggish acceptance. When he was about 3 years old, my wife brought home a very furry and odd grey male kitten, who took to hanging around with Neelix far more than the 3 female cats in the house. He became a virtual grey shadow to the black dog. At about age 12, Neelix developed a brain tumor and died quite suddenly; it was a major shock for all of us, including the cat (Ozzie, BTW: "Ozymandias ... King of Kings, look on my works, ye Mighty and Despair" kind of Ozzie). Eventually, the mourning ceased, but, Ozzie has faithfully continued Neelix's ritual of coming over to be petted and fussed over when I sit down to put on my socks. Other than that, he mostly ignores me; but that ingrained and -- yea, I gotta admit it -- endearing behavior continues to this day.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Awww what a wonderful story! :D

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Ahhhhhhhhh our beloved pet postings were disappearing down the page. We'll have none of that.

Any new pics or stories?

Baby lizards are all doing well. Mommy and Daddy lizard are well. Turtle got real shrimp today. He must have thought he died and went to heaven. Kitty had a growly hissy session when being groomed today. That long hair gets knots if you don't keep up with it so I let her hiss all she wanted. LOL Then Mr. Bo kitty came for a short visit and she hissed some more. Just wasn't her day. :lol:

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Kitties and paper bags. You know what the result will be as soon as you set one down.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Qray

Post by Qray »

No matter the size of the bag...

I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Did he manage to get in?
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Wow Merle, your cat is gorgeous!!!!! What beautiful markings!

LOL Q! Racetrack is looking good I see!