Pet Postings

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Pet Postings

Post by Bmat »

Aw. Hello sweet Zoey. You have a nice home now.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Awwwwwwww! Zoey is just beautiful! I'm sure she is relieved to have a loving and happy home now. How sweet! :D

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Thanks, everyone. She is adapting. Of course it is harder on the two older cats. Zoey gained almost 2 pounds in 3 weeks. I think she was very malnourished. Now she is glossy and full of energy, and a real delight to us.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Cats!

Post by fanuilh »

Just because I can.

Sam.

Kahlua.

Tank.

Pumpkin.

Pearl.
"Never look at the trombones, it only enourages them." -- Richard Strauss

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Pretty fur family, Fan. Where's Velma?
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Cats!

Post by fanuilh »

Here's Velma.

Also, Olivia.

I don't have any recent pictures of Otis. He's still motoring along, but he's got skin issues. In addition to everything else. He's due a bath, and a dip in the sulfur/lime stuff which works very well but stinks to high heaven.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Wow Fan! What a beautiful cat family you have there!!!!! That tortoishell one reminds me of a cat I had many years ago. She was amazing! :D

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Cats!

Post by fanuilh »

Just because I can.

It's getting colder. The cats have a solution -- cuddle!

Kahlua and Sam.

Velma and Tank.

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Feral Kittehs

Post by fanuilh »

Almost forgot. This is a picture of the feral tabby kitteh who hangs out on our front porch and in our yard. He's snoozing in one of the carriers on the front porch, under the heat lamps.

We're about ready for winter, for the critters. There's still some work to be done out back for the dogs; we've added another house and it needs cedar bedding put in it, plus the one that was already there needs the bedding replaced. The dog house on the back porch is in the process of being cleaned out. Going to take several wash loads for the blankets, plus the bedding underneath the blankets (cedar shavings) needs to be replaced.

I'm not putting another heated bed in for them. Maxwell destroyed the last one. I can't keep putting $100 dollar heated beds out there just so he has something to chew up. Right now he's destroying one of Hubby's old shoes. At the moment, it's keeping him busy. And that's a good thing.

I just tried to get a decent picture of Otis, and couldn't. He keeps moving. He's lost lots of body mass since we took him in about 3 years ago, and his recent skin problems are better, but not gone, he's still licking and pulling his hair out. His appetite is still good although he doesn't eat as much as he used to, and since the insulin change hasn't crashed (he crashed so hard last Sunday night he was having seizures), although the reduction in the dosage probably has more to do with that than the change in type of insulin he's getting. He has another appointment to see the vet Thursday, for another blood glucose check. He's also taken to peeing everywhere but in the litter box. I don't know why. We have throw rugs down everywhere because he drools and spits food everywhere, he can't help it. And now he's peeing on them. So I'm washing them every week. *sigh* He's such a sweetie. I wish his previous people had cared more, he'd be in so much better shape.

nightlock
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by nightlock »

How far north do you live that you need to go through such extensive winter preparations?

Read New Awakenings

"This is here." :smt104

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

We don't live in the north. We live in South Carolina. But we want to make sure the feral kittehs are comfortable, so we make sure they have plenty of food and water and a safe warm dry place to sleep, even when it gets cold.

Yeah, we're idiots. But it's our porch, so.... :)

The same goes for the dogs; we want to make sure they have everything they need. It's our responsibility, after all.

nightlock
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by nightlock »

*google maps* souuuuthhh carooolinaaa.... where is south... oh there... wait what?
*zooms out* same latitude as Morocco.... same latitude as the bloody sahara?

Eh... ok. Well, I've never been to South Carolina. Latitude isn't everything I guess.

I wonder, has it ever snowed down there?
*googles* heh, wikipedia ofcourse
"Winter temperatures are much less uniform in South Carolina. Coastal areas of the state have very mild winters with high temperatures approaching an average of 60 °F (16 °C) and overnight lows in the 40s°F (5–8 °C). Inland, the average January overnight low is around 32 °F (0 °C) in Columbia and temperatures well below freezing in the Upstate."

Sounds balmy. I mean, winter hear means around 0°C (32°F) by day.

Keep up the top job ^_^

Read New Awakenings

"This is here." :smt104