Pet Postings

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Good news! And I'm glad the others aren't treating him like a stranger. Ours treated Coco pretty badly a couple weeks ago when he was gone for a day at the vet's.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I've been sick myself lately or I would've checked in here sooner. Chipper still ok?

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Thanks for asking.

Yes, so far he is fine. I am wondering about when the tummy med stops in two days. So let's hope.

Qray

Post by Qray »

I'm glad to hear Chipper's feeling better, Bmat. How long did it take last time after you took him off his meds before he started having problems?
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Qray wrote:I'm glad to hear Chipper's feeling better, Bmat. How long did it take last time after you took him off his meds before he started having problems?
About a day and half. The meds this time last until Firday. So I am thinking by Monday at the earliest for problems. Possibly the fact that he hasn't thrown up since Thursday will make a difference.
Last edited by Bmat on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Here are a couple cat videos to make you laugh. I had shown these to Ariel and she thought I should post them here. This first one is just a bunch of silly cats doing silly things:

This one is very good. It features a rich array of hilarious and adorable cat photos:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 365&q=cats

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Reporter gets ... mauled. :lol:

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

Question for the cat people here. I just adopted a couple of 8 year old male kitties Saturday. They seem to be settling in ok, and we are feeding them basically the same as their old home. However, Sampson has been eating, then throwing it up in random places. Bein and indoor kitty, this is not fun. He just got a clean bill of health Friday, so any ideas what's going on?
Ita Est

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

It could be nerves.

Or if you live where Spring has arrived, it could be hairballs- do you notice fur in the vomit?

Or a change of water. Or he could be eating a plant and throwing it up. These are the simplest reasons that I can think of.

Of all of those, my best guess would be nerves, since is in a new home. If it is hairballs, there is med for it. Sometimes cats just throw up. It's not a medical term, but I call it recreational vomiting.

If it seems excessive or it the cat seems ill- not eating, crouching over his tummy- then call the vet.

Congratulations on the new additions to your family. Pictures? Names? What kind of cats are they?

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

Ok, I'll go with nerves, which was my first thought, or water. It doesn't seem like he's really chewing his food, so maybe we need to feed them separately so he can relax, he's the less powerful of the two.

The are just domestic short haired males. One is Duke, a grey tabby with these beautiful pale green-gold eyes. He's the quieter and more dignified of the two, wants attention on his own terms. He likes just looking at you for long periods of time. That being said, he's the one who falls off the couch, has to have every door in the house open, and checks in on sleeping people to make sure they are ok. He also plays with toys more than the other one.

Sampson is a black, with a little spot of white on his chest, and tiny dots of white on a couple toes. He's affectionate, goofy and talky. Last night he decided to help me type, so he was curled up in my lap, his paws wrapped around my hand, licking it energetically. After he finished cleaning my hand, he went to sleep still holding onto it. He's constantly underfoot, no matter what we are doing, and loves playing in the stacks of notes and papers I keep around.

I'll post pictures later, we don't really have any yet!
Ita Est

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

They sound so sweet! And what personalities!

I like black kitties best of all. My experience is that they are the most affectionate.

Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Llew »

Awww! Sooo cute! :D
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58