Pet Postings

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

Cat Jerky anyone?!?!?
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Qray wrote:Q stomps through the topic...

Arrr...Q needs donut!
who me wrote:what do we feed the butterfly
mostly raw stake, bacon, you know butter fly food.
Oh sure, the butterfly gets bacon and I get rice puffs...something's not right there.
How about some fat free cream cheese on the rice puff?

Oh, and the cold weather is making me into a cat magnet at night. Clarice goes under the covers, and snuggles up to my hip, while Coco lays at my shoulder. Tossing and turning is out of the question.

Q, watch for Racetrack to catch a snake. We had a cat way back when who'd go out hunting for the day, and come back dragging a little garter snake she'd killed. I don't think she ever ate one, though.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Awww Merle that is so cute! I love waking up with my cat next to me as long as she doesn't sneeze in my face!

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

I'd love to see your reaction to the cat placing a snake by your sleeping head....
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Our cats have brought up snakes that had somehow wandered into the basement. But they put them in the kitchen, luckily, and not in the bedroom.

One of my students tells how she was snoozing outside and her cat jumped up on the chair and dropped something on her stomach. It was a rat!

Seanie
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Seanie »

Hi Guys,

This thread has kept me entertained for hours!!! I'm an animal lover too & I'v luvd reading about & seeing pics of all ur pets so thanx :D

I cant hav pets of my own anymore coz i live with my parents :( but when i was in high school i snuck my first pet rat home & by the time my parents found out, i'd had her for 3 months so they couldnt take her away from me, lol... So i ended up getting annother one, who i bred & kept one of her babies too, so i had 3 female rats, Tiel was the oldest, Sureya was my mama rat & Azel was the baby girl i kept... Here are a couple of pics:

ME & TIEL

Tiel is the one climbin out the carry cage, Azel is in the middle & Sureya on the right...

They were the most beutiful pets!!! They went everywhere with me, I was lucky enough to go to a community high school where they even let me bring my girls into the classrom with me 8) I had a lil over the shoulder bag for them to sleep in, but they used to sit on my shoulders most of the time & they'd run arround the desks visitin ppl too, they were so friendly & so cute!!!

Tiel got a tumor at about 3yrs old & i had to get her put down at the vet... Sureya & Azel were really weird after Tiel was gone, i think they had separation anxiety & within a couple of months they both got tumors as well :( the vets said they could hav operated, but it may not have been successful & would have caused my babies a fair bit of stress, so even though i didnt wanna lose them, i decided it was more humane to say goodbye to them...

After a couple of months I got myself a ferret (again without my parents approval, lol), her name was Baji & she was beautiful, i had her for about 4yrs b4 she died... I only got a couple of pics when she was a baby & they arent very good quality but here they are:

The very bottom pic she has a matchbox sitting on her, just to show how tiny she was...

She was the most energetic creature i'v ever met!!! She lived in a big hutch out the back, but i used to play with her every day & even used to walk her on a lead a couple of times a week... She was so funny on the lead, when we'd get about 20meters from her hutch, i'd unclip the lead & we'd race back to her hutch, she was a barrel of laughs (as most ferrets are)... I was sooo sad when she died, that i decided no matter how much i luv them, not to get any more short lived pets for a while, coz i get majorly attached & it breaks me when i lose them, plus i'm no longer a rebellious little teenager who wants to break all my parents' rules, lol...

So its been about 6 years since i'v had a pet of my own, but mum has a beautiful maltese cross west highland terrier named Gabriella Possum who is very luvable... Here are a couple of pics of her, she was kinda grumpy at the time coz i woke her up to take them, lol:

I think i'm more of a cat person than dog person, but my parents hate cats so there's no chance of me getting one any time soon :( But Gabbi keeps me company for now, at least i'm not completely pet free...

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

aldan wrote:I'd love to see your reaction to the cat placing a snake by your sleeping head....
Who me? Actually my cat doesn't go outside and I once rescued a baby snake. So there! :lol:

Oh pet rats, how cool! I've heard they are very friendly.

B'mat, that is a riot about the rat being dropped in the lap!

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Our cousin has pet rats. Smart little buggers! "Minnie" figured out how to escape her cage and go visit "Bob." So they had a litter of baby rats. They were pretty cute.

Then Minnie figured out how to defeat the new safeguards put on her cage, and go visit Bob. Thus, a second litter of baby rats. So they kept one of the babies.

So now they have four cats, a dog, and three rats.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

:lol: Minnie is in love. That is so funny!

Qray

Post by Qray »

Merle wrote:Q, watch for Racetrack to catch a snake. We had a cat way back when who'd go out hunting for the day, and come back dragging a little garter snake she'd killed. I don't think she ever ate one, though.
If I had any in the yard he'd probably be good at it. He loves chasing a stick dragged through the grass.

Are pet rats as destructive (chewing through just about anything) as the non-pet variety, Seanie?
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Seanie
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Seanie »

Qray wrote:Are pet rats as destructive (chewing through just about anything) as the non-pet variety, Seanie?
Heya Qray,

My girls were great & hardly eva chewed through anything & 2 of them lived on the wooden shelf of my wardrobe for a couple of months with no damage caused... The boyz tend to be a bit more destructive - my ex boyfriend owned a boy rat & he wanted to chew stuff alot, altho i think that may have been due to boredom, so as long as u keep them entertained they are pretty good as far as i know 8)

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by LadyFlame »

I have new pictures posted on my myspace pictures page....also of the horse I've been taking lessons on!
You can see the most adorable little snuggle-butts, Sushi and Sake....
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

Ambrose Redmoon

www.myspace.com/nanyanasummer