Pet Postings

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Salsa, Salmonilla, Sensamilla, Sassy, Shortstuff... well, there are lots of choices.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by LadyFlame »

aldan wrote:Salsa, Salmonilla, Sensamilla, Sassy, Shortstuff... well, there are lots of choices.
Awww, too bad they already know their names!
Salmonilla would've been Perfect! :smt046

No. Actually we wanted something to go with 'Sushi'...so we were trying to think of something that went with sushi....shataki (mispell on purpose), Sapora, ect....and Sake was the winner....
It fit her cuz' she has a band of stripes on only one front leg...like a sock...get it? Sake? Sockie? We're so clever....

Wow, Salmonilla...would ANYone name their pet that?! :scratch:
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

Ambrose Redmoon

www.myspace.com/nanyanasummer

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Thanks Lady Flame for the e-mail. Now I now what your pets look like. BEAUTIFUL! :D

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

We had our 9-yr old kitty, Chipper, to the vet's this morning. Since Saturday, Chip had been not as he should be. The vet is trying a stomach soother and antibiotic. If we don't notice a change by tomorrow we are to call the vet, and more tests may be in order.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Oh no, Poor Chipper! Get well soon kitty we'll be praying for you. B'mat keep us posted. *hugs*

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Get well soon, Chipper! Our kitties send their best wishes.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Qray

Post by Qray »

I hope Chipper is feeling better soon, Bmat.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I'm worried. How is Chipper?????

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Thank you all for your concern and wishes. Chipper is doing quite well. We just need to see how he does without medication, but it is very hopeful.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I am sorry to say that Chipper's improvement was only until Wednesday. There were more symptoms, and we were leaving on Thursday, so Thursday morning we boarded Chipper at the vet's for evaluation and treatment.

Chipper's condition is declining, partly because he is terrified of being in a cage around other animals in a strange place. The vet force-fed him Saturday since Chipper hadn't eaten since Wednesday. I was hoping to bring him home tomorrow, Monday, but now I'm not sure we'll be able to.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Really hoping Chipper gets to feeling better, Bmat.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

The vet let me bring Chipper home at noon, after making sure that he was eating and that it was staying down.

Chip was ecstatic to be home. He huddled in the back of the carrier until I stopped the car to open the garage door. Then he came to the front of the carrier and sniffed. When I opened the carrier he ran out and immediately plopped down on the floor to be bowled. (My husband bowls him- Chipper lies on his side with his feet in front, and my husband holds all 4 feet and slides Chipper across the floor. Then Chipper hops up and comes back and wants it done again. Strange, I know.)

Chipper ran around and looked at all of the places he likes to be in the house, then he followed me around, talking and bumping. He ate, he wandered around. He is one happy kitty. I looked in the bedroom a few minutes ago and all three cats were asleep on the bed.

The vet cautioned me that we don't know what made Chipper sick. While Chipper is on tummy meds, he probably will feel good, but last time he went off the meds he got very sick quickly.

I am glad to have him home, and I hope he continues to be well.