Christmas gift sggestions

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

They don't get the concept of love, either, but does that mean that they don't give or receive love? Cats aren't human, but part of the idea of giving gifts is for the person giving them to enjoy it, too. Also, you won't have to worry much about a cat choosing not to use a new collar or bowl or what have you. New toys? Possibly, but even then....
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

cat's are so easy to get gifts for, we gave our cat a card bored box or a paper bag. every year. and it loved it. it would sit and peer into the box all exited and then start leaping in and out of the box before staying in the box and peering out of the box at us all exited. then it would chase invisible mice around inside the box. before peeing out of the box at us. if the cat got a paper bag the evening would end when the cat shredded the bag and sat in the ruins and looked oh so please with itself.

if only every one was so easy to shop for.

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

Yea cat is....so is a dog...get it something to chew on thats it.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Presents for Molly have always been a given.

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

I love chew toys....
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

A couple of years ago, we got the cats one of those laser pen thingies. They'd chase the light all over the place round and round in circles, up the wall, into the next room and back again. Hysterical. then I planted the kitty grass for them and got catnip and new beds.

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

I had a dog that would chase the light, but it ran into a wall once, then the next time i did it i was gonna see if it learned at all from the first experience...and it ran up the wall bout a foot maybe two and jumped off of it....it was awesome.

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

I get mom stuff from places like bath and body works (why? i have no idea it usually just sits around) I get her to help me with dad. When i do shop for my cousins i usually get them books video games or gift certifiget (spelling...(i m kinda tired)?) but yeah cats are funny my friend has one who chases a lazer light then when it gets tired it will lay in the middle of the for only to swipe at it when we point the light close to him.
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

Are you in touch with your female side? That could be it.

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

no body's family is as difficult to shop for and mine ( except yours of corse, sorry I should have guessed)
well i actually bought something off of eBay. my older brother he had a issue of white dwarf (that's the magazine for war hammer players) that he bought in 1990. well it got lost. this involves a rather long and tragic story. but i found it and that is one of the things he is getting for Christmas. I know he has been looking for it. it cost a total of 3$.

well i still have a bunch of stuff to get and i can't think of a thing.

FallenStars&Angels
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by FallenStars&Angels »

my cats are like the odd couple. ookers is terrified of everything (especially catnip and thunderstorms) but meatball is the complete opposite. neither likes toys much, because ookers is scared of them or thinks she's too good for them, and meatball seems to think rodents are more amusing than laser pointers. which is so sad because i want to make her run up a wall lol...

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

If you wish to know it, the spelling is 'certificate', FM, and also it's 'laser'. Only because you'd 'asked'. *grins*
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain