Homosexuality

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Are you for or against Gay Marriage?

Yes, I strongly support it.
20%
No, I'm firmly against it.
30%
I don't really care; whatever floats your boat.
50%
What's gay marriage?
No votes

Total votes: 20

Jade
New User
New User

Homosexuality

Post by Jade »

I did a search on homosexuality which wielded no discussions devoted purely to it. So I figured why not start one?

What do you think about homosexuality? Is it wrong? Right? Natural? Obscene?

I'm a more liberal person. I believe that it's perfectly natural; it's something that you're either born as or you're not. And, since you're born that way, I believe it's a completely equal sexuality as any other.

Share your thoughts.
"You've gotta make your own kind of music, sing your own special song!"
-Mama Cass

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

I feel that some 'gay' people were born with that tendency. Other 'gay' people were not, but rather had a bad experience (or experiences) with the opposite sex and so swung over that way as a way of getting away from what caused them pain. There is nothing in the world that is 100% except disintegration. Well, maybe that's not perfectly accurate, but I hope it makes my point. In the same way, some 'straight' people were born gay and just have remained 'straight' due to bad experiences with anti-homosexual antics as well as just some very cruel people of their same sex. Many of those were lucky enough to find someone that is of the opposite sex and are living (apparently) happy lives with them. I don't think that if you're born gay and can't/won't live that way, you will have to be unhappy. Life's not like that. You CHOOSE your mindset (meaning attitude). Period. iExclamation mark, even!
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Havoc
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Havoc »

I think we have no right to decide if homosexuals can't marry. It is none of our business what they do with who and of which gender. I say that discussion about the mindset of a different group of people and saying whether it is right or wrong is immoral. It's completely up to them to decide, not up to us.

I really couldn't care less if anyone in my surrounding is gay. It doesn't interest me how they find partners, or how they tell their parents. It is none of my concern until they experience problems. Any friend with problems can count on my help, no matter the nature of the problem.
It's the pacing mate.... PACING!!!

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

i say that is someone wants to get married why shouldn't they? They obviously are in love if they want to get married and i don't see what right the government has to stop the. I thought that there was a law seperating chruch and state wouldn't that fall under this catigory?
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

I think that it is just morally not right, all around wrong. Sorry if i offend anyone out there but i don't see a point in it...
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

Point in what? Gay marriage or telling them they can't marry?

My honest opinion... if God had wanted us to be gay, he would have allowed men and men or women and women to procreate. But he did not, which means this is just some wierd unforseeable consequence of living in a world that is not perfect.

As to marriage... let them, as long as they can find someone to perform the ceremony and will agree not to post pictures of them kissing in the newspaper like they have been for the past three years
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

This may be a thread in which somebody will end up being hurt or insulted. I am going to bring the thread to the attention of the Master for ruling.

Benjaru
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Benjaru »

I strongly oppose it. That is all I will say.
You Dew, or you Dew not. There is no Coke.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

I'm STRONGLY AGAINST it......

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

I can't say I'm surprised, DK. I just expected exclamation marks at the end instead of periods. Oh well
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Here's my feelings on the matter: They can do as they please. I view marriage as a union between two people, whether they be man, woman or any combination of the above. For the government to interfere with the private lives of citizens and say who they can and cannot be with is a clear case of invasion of privacy. It's also an infringement of their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, clear values our government is charged to uphold. It's their choice, not ours. It doesn't affect our lives, so why should we make it any of our business.

People argue that homosexual marriages defy the sanctity of marriage. How can two loving couples who pledge to spend the rest of their lives together in a trusting and lasting union defy the sanctity of marriage anymore than Britney Spears' 55 hour marriage in Vegas. But hey, you can look at it the way you want to.

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

I do agree with the last bit about Britney Spear's marriage (and all others like it). This marriage and divorce cycle is a far worse threat to the sanctity of marriage than allowing gays and lesbiens to marry.

I just wish they'd stop advertising it