speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Lycoria: The Novel

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Lycoria: The Novel

Postby Magus » Mon May 01, 2006 4:43 pm

A resent message from Neurolanis:

Exciting news --

Taith’Jachim has decided to write a novel, or potentially a number of novels, on Lycoria. The first one will mainly be based on Neseldin, or this is my understanding at this time. Not all characters past and present may be included, especially as some members have left and I have since been unable to contact them, but this is just the early stages of the project. Of course, he needs the permission of the members to use their characters in this novel. I have all ready given him mine, and am excited to see this project turn out.

This news is certainly big enough, and important enough for its own topic, and is designed to address people's very real concerns as to what this could mean.

I myself am in favor of it, but know that I need to find out more than a few things before I'd ever relinquish control of them to somebody else. I'm sure that other people probably feel the same way. Hopefully, through this discussion, everyone can get what they want out of this endeavor: Taith'Jachim can write his novel, and we can ensure that our characters remain as they were meant to be.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 02, 2006 8:21 am

Well I'm fine for him to use my characters.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 02, 2006 8:41 am

Hello all, it was brought to my attention that this thread or topic had been created and I would like now to address everyone who it applies to.

As everyone knows I am Taith and I have taken an interest in writing a novel of the adventures played here in Lycoria.

The first book I wish to write would begin with the Orceth side adventure and go from there. I have no thoughts to alter the characters in how they look talk act or otherwise.

My goal is to write a novel that will accurately describe and relate how all of your characters were meant to be taken, everything I write will be given to everyone, I intend to write 4 pages to a whole chapter a week and then submit it via email or the pm option for everyone’s approval before I move on.

If there is anything that needs to be changed or edited I will do so before I write another chapter and submit my changes to everyone once again.

This is meant to be novel for us all not just for my own thoughts. Any additions or changes to plots or themes, if any will be brought up before I write them and upon approval will be then written and submitted to everyone for approval, I am attempting to tell the story of your characters, if I am doing it wrong I fully expect to be told so and how to change it. I welcome suggestions from those of you whose characters are being written about.

I will be using the map created by elkiea and will not be altering any of the location or adding any.

As far as who gets credit for what, I will place a dedication to all those who help in this and it will list who created what and so on, everyone’s names will be mentioned as the credit for this undertaking belongs to us all and not one individual.

I am merely the author and I view it as my job to tell the story of your characters how you would wish it to be told.

Let me know what you all think and I hope I have answered some of your questions.

Taith
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 02, 2006 8:57 am

Just out of interest is this just a personal project or are you planning on publishing it? Whichever it is I'm not going to change my mind.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 02, 2006 9:00 am

It is both really, as for publishing it im sure it would be hard to find someone willing to publish a novel over a rpg that is online and viewable by everyone, how ever if I did then I would have to discuss it with all of you, after all if money could come from it or the mere fact we got the book in print everyone deserves the credit not just me.
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 02, 2006 9:08 am

Ah well, whatever. I'm not really interested in all that. I'm just in it for the fun.

Good luck in any case Taith! :wink:
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 02, 2006 9:21 am

Thanks Mr_D and thank you for allowing me to write about your characters ^_^
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Magus » Tue May 02, 2006 10:36 am

So what are all of the characters that you're planning on including in the novel?

Now, Mr_D and I have been talking before this and there's now an added aspect of Shabel that's a part of Lycoria, but not really mentioned other than in our PM's. I think that I'll let Mr_D explain that, though.

Are you planning on writing one for Legacy at all?

When do you plan on pursuing publication of this?

Who do you plan on being the central character, one existing already or one that you plan on adding?
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 02, 2006 10:46 am

I cant be certain of which characters will be used until I have permission to write and plan further, however I know that I intend for Shabel-Gah to be the main character throughout the series were he is played.

I do intend to write one for legacy but not until much later when the adventure has grown and has more depth to it.

I hope to stay away from adding characters unless needed, I don’t feel it to be right to add character that while I would know much about them you or anyone else would know little to nothing.

As for publication, not until the first novel is done and not until everyone who is involved agrees on its final form and the wording of the credits and dedication and so on.
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 02, 2006 12:43 pm

Magus wrote:Now, Mr_D and I have been talking before this and there's now an added aspect of Shabel that's a part of Lycoria, but not really mentioned other than in our PM's. I think that I'll let Mr_D explain that, though.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about...

You do know I was joking right? Or is this something I've forgotten about?
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Princess of Fire » Tue May 02, 2006 2:32 pm

I'm not sure if any of my characters could go into a story... :oops: ...I think they're really too random...or mabie that's a good thing??? :wink:

But if you want to have fun with any of my characters, you're welcome to.
SMILES!!!
Princess of Fire
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Magus » Tue May 02, 2006 2:34 pm

Mr_D, it's not that the ancients, all of them, were Shabel's father. That, on my part, was a joke as well. I'm talking about with Delecroix.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Next

Return to Lycoria Discussion