speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

The Blade of Heaven and Hell (Phantom, etc.)

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Magus » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:59 pm

:rofl:

I'm sorry, but this reminds me of an episode of Doctor Who (My first Tom Baker episode, actually) entitled Leisure Hive, where a species known as the Ardolins, who developed a technology called tachyonics, which were essentially temporary clones.

Although I bet yours is pulled off with less unintentional laughter than that episode did.

:lol:
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Mr_D » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:01 pm

You and your *beep* Dr Who! :P
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:03 pm

:roll:

This genuinely reminded me of it.

So, ForeverZero, are you currently writing the novel? If so how's it going? And weren't you working on a computer-game script a while back? What came of that?
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Forever Zero » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:14 pm

You're a mod! STAY ON TOPIC ROWRRRROWLLOWRRRR!!!!

But if you must know... I know nothing of this 'novel', and I'm not surrently working on a script but I am still working on that story it was for. It's going to be four years old this October.

Anyway, I stopped writing. Completely. So there won't be any novels for, say, the rest of my life. Haha.

Anyway, any questions or comments about the topic? Taith needs tog et in here and throw down some input, he's the one writing it after all.
So it shall be written, and so it shall be done.
Forever Zero
New User
New User

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:55 pm

I am here my friend. I think his ability to mimic objects could be one of the ways they , they being the reapears, were able to fight the students of the Balde of Heaven and Hell. it would be usefull to mimic themselves and such.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Forever Zero » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:23 am

Hmm. Well its up to you whether or not to include the "mirror" ability. If its used, if a Reaper makes a duplicate of himself, it won't be able to act for more than a couple of seconds, but he can use to overwhelm his enemy. Say he knowcks them back, he'll use a copy to wait for them in another spot, knock them somewhere else where the Reaper waits, and so on and so on.

The main thing is the sharing a soul with a familiar, though. I also want to note that there are notable personality differences depending on what "mode" the souls are in.

If the Reaper is in normal state (he has the primal half), he won't talk very often, and will likely just be a "silent monster" type of personality. Fearsome but silent. The familiar (having the logical half) will be the talkative one, and also very intelligent.

However. If the full soul is transferred into the familiar, the Reaper (having no soul) will not talk at all, nor show any emotion in general. The familiar (having both halves) will lose his calm, detached attitude and act a bit more reckless, but still with the same intellligence.
So it shall be written, and so it shall be done.
Forever Zero
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Lycoria Discussion