speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

The Threads Of Fate

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: The Threads Of Fate

Postby Loxley » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Alright, patience is a virtue. :mrgreen:

If I've missed anything, which is quite likely, feel free to add in, anyone. :P

It all started, as I'm sure you know, because our dawgs met up at the Jaded Wayfarer and in due time decides to go to Lycoria to visit the refugee camps there, to help out - and some of them to reunite with lost loved ones. So, they gather their stuff and head out.

One night they're attacked by demons. Badass demons - I don't think our characters slew a single one. Quite frankly they kicked our asses, and then disappeared into thin air without a trace. When things calmed down the survivors found a dying half-elven knight, who gave Nero, one of the characters, a golden, tear-shaped pendant with a tear-shaped red gem in it. He wasn't too big on the details, but he did say this was what the demons were looking for.

He also says that something called "the Nine" was returning. I'm figuring this is the Dark Imperators, but I might have misunderstood. Anyways, only something called "Aeturnus Astrum " can stop the Nine from returning, and the group has to find the other pieces (I'm guessing similar pendants?). The only lead he has is that the Witch Queen of Lucam Kwaith has one of them. The others' whereabouts is unknown. Their choice is now to either surrender to the demons and die, or fight, kick lots of ass, and maybe survive (change their fate to be specific, as the knight claimed they were now destined to die.)

So, they head off to find that old Witch Queen bat, and steal her pendant. On the way, they come to a village where Arden Greyhamn, captain of Bregan Savant, an elven mercenary band, and brother of one of the companions, (You prolly remember him from the end of Merolder) join with them. They then head onwards, and in due time, come to another village, that has been infected with lycanthropy (also known as loaded with werewolves). They meet an old man there, who tells them about it. But then, the town is attacked by wolves, and they jump right smack into the middle of it.

So, there they fight, and make a stand in a church. Arden, infected with lycanthropy, sacrifices his arm to save himself from becoming a snarling furrie, and then, as things look grim, dawn comes, and they jump ship, getting out of Dodge before things turn even worse.

And now, we're up in today.
Now, while Arden has been running around trying to get used to having only one arm, the others got themselves kidnapped by a bunch of native barbarians, who're really narrow-minded, and stuff. They're dragged off to their camp, and later, Arden picks up their trail. He and Anyanna (an elven woman in the company) start fires in the camp, using them as distractions so the group can leave. Now, they're running away, having stolen the people's horses (serves them right for being narrow-minded!), and that's where we are right now. :P

Now, with that over with... Join up! :mrgreen:
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Ariel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:46 pm

See Talon? Fun as usual in the land of Lycoria. Just wanted to add that Nero had handed the jewel over to the wizard Ladarious. Mysteriously, Anyanna had one given to her by her dying father, only knowing that it was supposed to keep her safe. We had a gnome called Neegle who also had one, but wether he knew the purpose of the stones or not is unclear. Neegle has also disappeared. So...there are still other magical jewels that need to be found, as well the mystery surrounding them. Mr. D has some tricks up his sleeve, and we all add one thing or another to keep the story interesting. So....join in Talon. Oh and...Welcome back to Lycoria!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:44 am

:sofa:
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:09 pm

Uh okay give me a bit.

Neuro is behind the couch. :D
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:20 pm

[glow=red]Here is My character:[/glow]

DARU NIGHTRAVEN

Daru has shoulder length black hair pulled back in a ponytial and a small jade earring hanging from his left ear. His fair skin makes his piercing blue eys stand out. Daru carries an ordinate scimitar on his left hip, the hilt has a onyx carved panther likeness and on his right hip sits the swords twin dagger decorated the same way. The dagger has a slight curve to the blade and is clearly double edged. Black leather armor made just for his body offered protection under the coat usually but now he wore brown leggings and a grey shirt haveing found his armor useless after a battle with a fairly made orc. His armor when mended is specially designed for him so it will not make a sound as it moves alng with his boots.

Daru hails from the Klundorian city of Moroca. He lived most of is life training to be a warrior to fight in the armys of the Dark Elves. When he finished first in his class the general took special note of him and sent a aid to his home to retrieve the young warrior. For the next few years he spent his days and most nights training to be one of the nations top assassins and special ops agents. After a few years he was rumored by his fellow agents to be souless and without mercy. He was not allowed to say anything of his station. When he refused to slay a top religious figure he came home one night to find his family brutally murdered and his house ablaze. Getting the message he went to slay the priest. His superiors sat him up and he was sent before the council where he was tried for treason. On the day of his execution he was being brought out to the city square so all could watch him. His last request was to die with his weapons his father had gave him. Once on him he made his escape, overpowering the gaurds and being trained to undue shackles escaping the execution was easy but the city proved much worse.

Once out he lay down to rest after a two day hike. That night four of his closes companions who had been his comrades on most of his missions attacked him. The fight ended on a cliff where he and a Klundor named Mertick stood off. The fight ended with both striking the other at the same time then both falling over the edge. When he awoke he was in the a temple Levelmna being nursed back to health by a human. They taught him different ways. After being out hunting for a day he came back to see Mertick slaying the last of the priest, temple burning behind him. Out of rage Daru attacked his excomrade. When the battle ended Daru wounded buried all the priest and swore on his own blood to always protect those who needed it if their intentions where well placed. He has traveled a dark road ever since tring to right his wrongs and always blaming himself for the destruction of the temple and it's priest.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Wow, awesome character outline, Talon! And good to see you here! Could you possibly add that to the Character Profiles? I'm not sure where they're located at right now...

I was hiding behind the couch because I had disappeared for a number of weeks, and didn't say sorry as I had done that before a few times. :lol: I'm going to try to keep up with the story now.

(By the way, Neegle is responding to the situation from the perspective of a Gnome. I am not trying to rival the actions of the characters but letting Neegle present his view. Like Daru, he has just noticed that there was a struggle and is confused about what has happened.)
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:45 am

I am a step ahead of you Neuro about a few years in a matter of the fact. This was my first character ever and I was lazy and did not feel like creating a new one. I believe he is on page 5 of the character outlines if not on 6.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Neurolanis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:51 pm

Oh cool. Sorry I do not remember him.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:51 am

Because I think the last time I posted with him was probably about two years ago on that story, I barely remembered him. :D

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Neurolanis » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:54 pm

That`s a cool avatar you have. Is that supposed to reflect your character or is it just a coincidence that it strikes me as the same character?
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Coincidence, I am a huge Prince of Persia fan.

Sorry for my absence holidays have been way more busy then I thought I should be able to get on more here in the next two weeks.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:16 am

Cool!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author