speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Lycoria Discussion

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Neurolanis » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:32 pm

Yeah. I guess time just went by. Didn't seem like I was away that long.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:00 am

Seeing that my job will be ending in a few months, I'm considering my options. As I kind of like where I am, and that there aren't really any jobs around here, if I wanted to stay I'd have to make one. There is an opportuinity where I could get a few thousand dollars to start up my own business. I was thinking, that people do pay money for MUDs, and fantasy is where I'd want my career to be. If I didn't invest in a MUD (strategy text game like Lycoria) I might try something similiar, but that is just a thought...

I wouldn't be sure whether to re-do Lycoria or start something new, if I decided to take this route that is. Kinda wondered what people thought...
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Re: Lycoria Discussion

Postby Mr_D » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:32 pm

Sounds interesting. If I had the aptitude for such things I'd definately consider it.

I think starting from scratch might be the best bet. It might be worth doing research into existing products similar to the one you intend to market and then tailoring it to your findings, maybe try getting involved in the communities and asking around, perhaps people like some facets of current MUDS but not others? You could find a nice little niche.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Yikes, Lycoria is sort of hidden now isn't it? :?

Thanks for the advice, Mr_D. The thing with starting a new MUD would be ... it just wouldn't be enough to live on, at least for a while. I will consider different options though.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby The Master » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Not hidden! Organized! :dancingbanana:
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:58 pm

Yeah, but before it had a prominent position on the forum, which I didn't expect and was quite flattered with at the time. Just disappointed that it has been changed. But it is organized, yes.

:? :lol:
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Loxley » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:59 pm

I like it. It's kind of secretive. And hidden. Stealthy.

Making us the "inner circle", since we know where the treasure (i.e. Lycoria) is hidden. The Inner Circle...the Elite...coooooooool.... 8)
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:00 pm

I do appreciate how Lycoria itself has been organized. 8)
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:11 pm

On a similar note, out of interest does anyone know of any large roleplaying sites? With things around here being a bit slow at the best of times I was hoping to branch out a bit and start one somwhere else. I've already got all the background material written. I've looked around but its all a little daunting to be quite honest.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 pm

I don't know of any. I started Lycoria because I was frustrated with the MUDs and similar text-based fantasy games which I had tried. Even if they have thousands of members, few people ever post on a daily basis or anything near. At one time you could start a new story on Lycoria or elsewhere on SV and get some people into it, I'm not sure if that would work now or not. But I guess forums slow down a bit in the summertime..

Going to the story now...
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:35 pm

It's been like that for a couple of years to be honest. Ever since Magus, Raye and Princess stopped posting things slowed down to a crawl until it was basically Ariel and myself. Its only quite recently that Loxley and Llew helped pick things up. Then you came back of course! :D

I just think it would be nice to try somewhere with a more active community for a change. I'd still post here of course. But I'd like the chance to try out some of the stuff I've written and see how people receive it.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Loxley » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Dare I say it? Yes, I dare.

There's always Fifthwind Forum...

Of course, RP's have slowed down to a crawl there also, so I'm not sure it'd be for the better - things aren't exactly going Autobahn speed there right now, though that might be the summer-slowdown.
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Blog: View Blog (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Lycoria Discussion