Lycoria Q&A (Ask Us Anything)

Moderator: Bmat

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

I thought dragons were supposed to be know-it-alls that could speak every language
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Xyster »

I think only some of the greater ones can do that...most are probably smaller and not so smart.

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

Well, yes that makes sense. But how small. We're not going by Warcraft standars are we? Where the really wise dragons are the size of small towns
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Xyster »

Probably kind of basic Forgotten realm standards for most things...at least that's what I've gotten from it.

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

I have no clue on the matter....just older means wiser, smarter, stronger, MORE DANGEROUS all around...so avoid contact with them.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden

Driver_Gabe
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Driver_Gabe »

I have another question, but is there anything like werewolves in Lycoria, I know that Talon said something about darkwolves or something like that.

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

I can see them but still, werewolves wasn't ever a big werewolf fan. Also Driver_gabe's quote won't even show up on his profile.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

I have nothing against werewolves myself. :)

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

This is getting cooler and cooler by the minute. Awesome.

Driver_Gabe
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Driver_Gabe »

Well how about Vampires what are the restrictions on them?

Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Xyster »

I think there is a vampire somewhere in Lycoria right now. The main restrictions are probably along the lines of all of the other races in that they just can't be too powerful and have to have some kind of back story...

Oh, and the darkwolves are actually a type of canabalistic werewolf that where created from prisoners by an insane elf named Silverwolf. He used some sort of curse that only his clan or town, or community(whatever you call it) of elves knew...

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

People who start new races should write up a brieft but important-points profile of that race, and a picture so we can see what they look like. These could be PMed to me, or post them on Discussion.