Lycoria Q&A (Ask Us Anything)

Moderator: Bmat

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Welcome, Lou! Archaeology student, huh? That could certainly help in writing fantasy! :D

Um, I like people to introduce themselves in the Discussion. But yeah you can jump into a story if you'd like. Experiments is another Adventure you could easily join into, and it isn't as frquently updated as Merolder.

Lou
New User
New User

Um

Post by Lou »

I'm not new, I've been here before but it was ages ago. I've managed to forget a lot of the details about the story in the meantime. I've jumped into the story with the least posts as I thought it would cause least inconveiniance. I'm adding in one new character, and my old character is just appearing for old time's sake.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Archeology? I dig archeology! It's got all them vowels, man! I mean, far out! *grins*

Note: by the way, I spell it as you do, but the spell checker doesn't like that second 'a'... bloody spell check!
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Lou
New User
New User

Um

Post by Lou »

I have been known to spell it archaeolology.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

As have I. I spell it that way every time I write or type it. That was how it was originally spelled, from everything I've read. I think that it's only recently that they changed the "official" spelling of the word to the less Greco-Roman appearing "Archeology". This new spelling, though, looks just strange to me...
---Mark Twain

Lou
New User
New User

Archaeaeololology

Post by Lou »

It's bound to confuse me! My spelling is dubious at the best of times. Are you into arch, Aldan?

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Maybe they were just tired of it's archaic appearance?

:roll:

:wink:

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

I'm not so much into archaeology as I am into History. I got interested in history as a "real" story back in elementary school, and have continued on, reading things when I make the time. I know that archaeologists are some of the people that "make" history, in that they find items and then using their brains try to come up with reasons for the items. Correct? Incorrect? Doesn't matter, if they make the person a name. That doesn't mean that they're not trying to come up with a correct answer, but it's just that so often they have been wrong. Of course, they are usually right about things, so to an extent it balances out...
---Mark Twain

Lou
New User
New User

Post by Lou »

Yes- new evidence is often proving old archaeological theories incorrect. A lot of archaeology is uncertain.

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

Yike, alot of gibberish to me, honestly i have no idea what the heck all that crap is, i'm not smart at all.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden

Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Ranryu »

I would agree But then on a few games I am pretty sure you can get the best of me.

Actually you are smart just not open to the obvious.

:smt115 :smt116

J/K
When in Doubt Reload and Repeat.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

Who me?
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden