speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

The Lost Souls: The Hunt for the Dark Imperators

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

The Lost Souls: The Hunt for the Dark Imperators

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:32 pm

The Story so far:

The leader of the Dark Imperators upon his first death was by some twist of fate, be it the Light or the Darkness's doing was sent into the world of Evergreen. Not knowing that he had been killed or that he was now in a New World he rose an army and assaulted the known world thinking it was still Servina.

While in the world of Evergreen the world appeared to his eyes the same as Servina he could not for reasons unknown see the truth that he was no longer in his world. After much of the land was destroyed in what would be later known as the Great Drakori Purge, A group of companions confronted the Dark Imperator.

The Jester a roguish warrior fought with the Imperator but was defeated, before the Dark Imperator could kill him, Zanfindal a Halfling mage casted his most powerful spell in a attempt to stop the Dark Imperator. The result ended in a large flash of blinding light which sent the Dark Imperator back into his proper time and world.

We now come into the present time, Zanfindals spell was intended to destroy the Dark Imperator but when the Dark Imperator was sent back into his own world the spell instead sent The Jester and Zanfindal along with their allies into the world with him. Lost and having no idea where they are they now begin to try and figure out what has happened.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:39 pm

(Zanfindal is very wise and learned in the arts of magic but has a bad stutter when he attempts to cast a spell which leads to some failed spells and odd happenings when none of his spells goes wrong usually in a harmless way. Wears blue mage robes and has curly brown hair, blue eyes and like most halflings is somewhat chubby)

What had happened? It had been the eve of Judias when the companions infiltrated the mages camp and had made there way to his tent. Meanwhile the Elven army had began its assault while the Men and Dwarves approached from the north. Jester had lead the way no one appearing to oppose them. That should have been their first sign something was amiss. Oh they were all adept in the ways of stealth, they all had chosen their path to the tent carefully but to encounter no guards or sentries should have warned them.

Should have, but didn’t. To Busy in trying to reach the mages tent, to occupied with not being found were they that they never saw the Drakori descend from behind them, never heard him until it was to late. The Drakori Killed Greyham and mortally wounded Elyisa before they could react.

It had been an ambush, the Drakori had them surrounded They fought bravely but before the battle was won Gar and Helmak were killed, and what had started off as a small force of twenty was now reduced to five. Saddened by the loss of their friends and those who had come to fight with them they nevertheless pushed on finally reaching the mages tent. Maguwan was what he was called, the only name any of them had for him, he spoke in a language they did not understand, and looked like no other creature known to exist since the time of the Fae.

Maguwan was given to him by the Druids who first encountered him, it meant "The Evil or Evil one" in their own tongue and soon all those who saw or met him used the name for it fitted the mage perfectly. That he was a mage of some sort went without saying, he possessed a great and terrible power that up until that night no other mage or magic user had been able to withstand.

Zanfindal and Nutmeg both believed they could provide the Jester with a protective magic shield from Maguwans power by combining their spells and linking their mind into one but with their separate thoughts intact. This would confuse the evil mage when he tried to seek out the caster as their would be only one spell but two minds. They had hoped he would not be able to figure out who or where their magic was coming from and thus the magic shield would remain over the Jester shielding him.

That part of the plan went well as when they finally did confront him his magic at first had no effect on the Jester. It was only when Zanfindal had begun to stutter as he always did when he used magic, did the spell begin to fail. Dalurk and Outcast both rushed to the Jesters aide but were knocked back by a gust of wind from Maguwan. Nutmeg was nearly killed by a wave of dark energy that formed around her, Maguwan finally have found her as the link between her and Zanfindal failed.

It would have all been over then save for Zanfindal who at the shock of seeing his friends thrown back, Nutmeg falling consumed by the dark energy massing around her and the evil mage standing over the unconscious body of the Jester, attacked Maguwan with every ounce of power he possessed hurling his full might into his greatest spell a spell that would destroy any one being at the cost of its casters life, this was the first and only time that He had not stuttered while casting a spell and then Light erupted all around them and the world went black.

So what had happened?

That was what the Halfling had been asking himself for the past hour, he was lost somewhere in a forest, Nothing looked familiar, it did remind him somewhat of the forest that surrounded the mountain pass that lead to Almaden but it didn’t seem right. Looking around once more for his staff, which he had somehow lost he glanced about to see if any of his friends had found him.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:56 am

Ken walked through the forest with his staff resting on his shoulder, his personal belongings wrapped in a peice of cloth tied to the end. Whistling as he made his way through the trees he gazed up at the sky, feeling the cool breeze against his face and not paying any attention whatsoever as to where he was going.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:09 am

Zanfindal could hear a faint whistling in the distance and made his way there. There walking along a path was a man with a staff. walking out to him Zanfindal smiled and held his hands out in a gesture he would hope would convey to the other that he meant no harm.

"Hello there good sir, tell me where am I?"

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:31 am

"Oh!" Ken said, startled at the appearance of the man.

"Um... I'm not exactly sure where I am either." He replied with a laugh.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:48 pm

Zanfindal tried to hide is despair and smiled

"Sorry if I startled you kind sir.."

Zanfindal thought for a moment on how best to ask his next question then shrugged to himself and looked at the stranger.

"Forgive me if this sounds odd but what land is this? I know you said you were lost but do you know if Almaden is near here? or have you seen the cites Ganon or Teradash on your travels?"

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:54 pm

"I don't think I've ever heard of any of those places." Ken stated with a confused look on his face, trying to spark some memory in the back of his mind.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:14 pm

Zanfindal had to keep himself from starting, to never have heard of the two cities was one thing but to have never have heard of Almaden was near impossible, the people of Almaden were known world wide by nearly everyone, or so the Halfling had thought looking down he sighed and then looking back at the stranger he offered a small smile.

"Well then care to travel together seeing how we both don't know where we are?"

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:25 pm

"I can't see why not." Kenshiro said.

"Forgive me, I haven't introduced myself." He bowed politely. "My name is Kenshiro, though some call me Ken." Kenshiro smiled.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:23 pm

Zanfindal bowed back and smiled warmly.

"My name is Zanfindal." Pausing for a moment Zanfindal looked down the trail Ken had been traveling then back to Ken with a boyish grin.

"Well shall we continue?"

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:38 pm

Kenshiro nodded in agreement before continuing on down the trail.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:50 pm

They had not traveled far when a man in black armour appeared and charge Ken sword drawn roaring his battle cry.

"For Geriousa!"

Zanfindal went to push Ken out of the way and then not looking to see if he had succeeded mumbled a quick spell and where he did stutter somewhat the spell had the desired effect as the knight crashed into the ground.

"Dalurk its me Zanfindal, thank the Light you are alive!" The Halfling went to try and help his friend but the knight was having none of it kicking and trashing before rising to his feet.

"Sir Zanfindal, a little more warning would be nice and you missed your target, the enemy is right there!" Dalurk shouted madly pointing to Ken.

Zanfindal put his hands on his friends chest trying to push him back from Ken.

"Listen to me, we are not at Geriousa or the Mealish Plains or any other place I’ve heard of, and that enemy over there is a friend, he is lost as well."

Dalurk looked at Ken then back to Zanfindal and the wild look in his eyes began to fade. Shaking his head a final time Dalurk fell to his knees.

"Forgive me Sir Ken... I don't seem to be all here." With that he collapsed completely

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Lycoria: The Stories