speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Legacy: Omens

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mr_D » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:58 pm

Arc and Malphas exchanged blows, their frenzied battle like a dance as devastating, lethal swipes cleaved the air, neither gaining the upper hand. Arc's claws scythed towards Malphas' chest. At the moment of impact the shrouded stranger seemed to phase away and Arc tumbled through the air behind him, falling hard on the cold marble floor. He turned just in time to see Malphas bring his sword down tip first towards Arc's chest. He raised his arm to guard against the blow. The blade wailed, releasing a ghastly, high pitched scream. At the moment when razor sharp steel touched against cold flesh the blade crackled with energy before shattering, spraying Malphas and Arc with splinters of jagged metal.

Malphas was thrown back, grasping at his injured chest where a shard of the weapon had become lodged. His other arm hung loosely at his side where the miniature blades of shrapnel had torn through his unprotected flesh. Drops of red blood spattered on the floor.

"Interesting... How interesting. The plot thickens, and another piece of the puzzle slots into place." Malphas said, seemingly less concerned about his injuries than the event that had just transpired.

"We shall have to adjourn for now. You have more important things to be doing." He said. There was a bright flash and Malphas was gone.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:57 pm

Arc knelt, dazed on the floor for a moment before rising to his feet, plucking the shards of metal from his body and casting them onto the floor. He snarled in impotent rage at Malphas' retreat, smashing a stone bust that stood beside him, the sculpture shattering as he struck it and flying across the room to land in a broken heap.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby t_tibke » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:07 pm

Goiiu stepped several strides closer to Arc and observed as he removed the shards.

'Sr. Arc? Who was that?' he asked.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:09 pm

"Malphas the keeper." Arc spat, the words filled with more malice and spite than ever before. "The man who cursed me to this damnable existence."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby t_tibke » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:28 pm

'Well then,' said Goiiu, 'I can see why you aren't overfond of him. But do you still not know why you were returned to existance in the world? And goodness, what power he must have to do such a thing!'
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:41 pm

"He will pay for his betrayal. He spilt my blood and soon I shall return the favour." Arc said, throwing the tattered cloak around his scarecrow like frame once more.

"He was fond of his secrets though." Arc mused as though suddenly recalling something. He made his way towards the doors to the rear of the room. No one seemed to notice as the fragments of the blade began to slither their way across the room.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby t_tibke » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:54 pm

Especially Goiiu. He did NOT notice that there were metallic slivers of blade slithering across the room.

'Now,' he said happily, 'what secret was it that he was keeping? Was it a secret from you? Or are you just keeping it a secret from us?'
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:56 pm

"He mentioned something about a puzzle. It would only be advantageous to find out what he was talking about."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby t_tibke » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:02 pm

'Ohhh,' said Goiiu, 'you are right. I did hear him say something of that sort.'

Goiiu continued to walk along, but he was quiet for several minutes, and the others wondered if that was all he was going to say on the matter. In fact, he was simply thinking of the possibilities that the statement could mean.

'Well,' he continued at last, 'he could mean, your very arrival here. Or he could mean, your choice in combating him. On the other hand, it could have nothing to do with you, but have something to do with me! Perhaps he's wanted me here all along!' cried Goiiu, a slight tone of disturbance in his voice.
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:04 pm

"Malphas was always one to speak in riddles. And he never concerned himself with trivialities."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby t_tibke » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:25 pm

Goiiu nodded very slowly, and very knowingly. 'Folk of that nature often speak mysteriously. Do you have any guesses as to what he might mean by that? The puzzle piece I mean?'
T_Tibke
t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:45 pm

"If I knew I wouldn't have to search, would I?" Arc replied. On the other side of the room a large hole opened up in the ground where the floor had collapsed in on itself.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Lycoria: The Stories