speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Legacy: Omens

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Legacy: Omens

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 09, 2006 8:04 am

Arc hung limply by his arms over the stone plinth. The shackles that bound him to the cieling bit into his wrists as he dangled. His tattered clothes, now drenched in blood from his many wounds, barely concealed whatever dignity he still held. He was too weak to struggle, to weak to move. Too weak to even utter a word of protest. He lifted his head just in time to see the blade that pierced his heart. Arc let out a rasping breath and before he knew it his world was consumed with an unending fire. Black flames licked at his body, scorching every inch of his being, searing his very soul. Unspeakable agony engulfed him for what seemed like an eternity.

And then... he awoke. Amidst a sea of darkness he returned to his senses and a strange floating sensation enveloped him. In his confusion he was barely aware of the presence, so huge, so all encompassing it was that all perspective was lost. He could not make out a form, only that there was something, and it was watching him...

"What trickery is this?" Arc let out a despairing cry. "What damnable torture am I to endure now?"

"Arc." A deep, rumbling voice spoke his name and Arc felt a wave of anger well up in his being.

"What is the meaning of this!?" He asked defiantly. "What is this place? Who are you?" He said, righteous anger in his voice.

"Your people call me... God." The voice rumbled again.

"Lies." Arc whispered in disbelief. "Damn lies!" He shouted.

"It is the truth." The voice intoned. "I have come to offer you a second chance."

"This cannot be true... How?" Arc tried to fathom this revelation.

"You were betrayed, Arc." The voice said as though answering him. "Murdered by the hands of the ones you called your brethren."

"Yes. I remember now. The inquisitors! The trial!" Arc reached out as though reliving the memory. "They... killed me." His voice dropped as the crushing truth hit him.

"But now you live. I have given you another chance. A chance to repent for your sins."

"Why can't I remember?" Arc ignored the voice. His thoughts raced, his mind felt fractured like a mirror, the pieces no longer fit together.

"Become the instrument of my judgement and you will be rewarded with whatever you desire."

Arc's eyes narrowed, smoking a ghostly blue.

"I want revenge." He hissed darkly.

"And you shall have it." The voice sounded almost pleased. "The Circle pollute this world with their lies and cursed magic. It by their hand that the world now falls into darkness. Their black magic chokes this world, plunging it into chaos. Strike them down and you shall have your vengeance."

Arc rose, his spindly, skeletal body held together by some dark force.

"They will regret their betrayal." He said, his voice filld with malice as the darkness once more enveloped him.

When Arc awoke he let out a choking, racking cough as stale air rushed into his lungs. He felt around, groping in the darkness. All around him stone walls blocked his escape. In a fit of rage he lashed out with his bony, talon like fingers and the stone slab infront of him burst open with a cloud of dust.Sitting up Arc surveyed his surroundings. It appeared he was interred in some sort of mausoleum. Reaching up to the edges of his tomb Arc lifted himself out, swinging over the side and landing on the stone floor beside it.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 09, 2006 8:44 am

{Gathi'Torek is a High Inquisitor that served Neseldin blindly believing he is serving those who would restore Lycoria to its former glory.

he is an honest man and very loyal but confused of events of late.

He wares white armor with a sliver cape and black boots. Though he wields a staff and has a morning star strapped to his side he is a excellent swordsman. He knows no magic as of yet}

Gathi'Torek Found himself in some type of mausoleum. He did not remember much or how he had gotten here but that did not matter to him overly as another, someone he heard called Arc rose. Hands raising his staff he pointed it at the stranger.

"I am Gathi'Torek, High Inquisitor, what has happened to you?"

Gathi steadied himself against any attack but he himself showed no signs of aggression just confusion.
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 09, 2006 8:56 am

Arc recoiled from the stranger in surprise, kicking up a cloud of dust as his feet swept across the floor. He ducked low and his grotesque form became visible as a shaft of light erupted from the crack in the door. He stood naked, whatever clothes he had been interred with had long since wasted away. Arc squinted in the blinding light that came from behind the stranger, raising his hand to cover his face.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 09, 2006 10:36 am

"By the Light, are you alright?" Gathi rushed over to the man bringing a water skin up to the mans lips.

"What terror has done this to you?"
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 09, 2006 10:59 am

"Stay back!" Arc flung his other hand at the man, swiping at him with his long, clawed fingers. He darted back into the recesses of the chamber, hiding in the shadows cast by the light before the amn could catch a glimpse of his face.

Arc's eyes glowed a deep red as flames licked from the edges, smoking softly.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 09, 2006 12:06 pm

Gathi was startled, he fell back as the man swiped at him and rushed off. he had not seen the others face but his body was horribly disformed.

"Please , I am a Inquistor, I mean you no ill will, I mean only to be of help"
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 09, 2006 12:07 pm

"I do not require your help." Arc said, stalking around the room.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 09, 2006 12:10 pm

"Then prehaps you could help me then?" Gathi scanned the darkness looking for the man but could not find him.
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 09, 2006 12:14 pm

"And why should I do that, inquisitor?" Arc spat the word 'inquisitor'. His red eyes flared up brightly, light twin torches held in the dark. He rose up to his full height behind Gathi, peering down on the man.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 09, 2006 12:19 pm

Gathi began to understand slowly, whatever had happened to the man must have been done by a fellow Inquistor though the thought pained him that it could be so.

"I am lost, and have no idea where I am, please help kind sir."
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Tue May 09, 2006 12:23 pm

"Then you and I are in the same position." Arc's tone was harsh. He stalked out of the shadows and past Gathi,walking to a nearby tomb. "For I have no idea where I am either." He cast off the heavy lid of the sarcophagus with little effort and tore the black, tattered robes off of the corpse interred within.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue May 09, 2006 12:42 pm

Gathi paid his actions no heed.

"Then prehaps we should work together to get out of here?"
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Lycoria: The Stories