speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

A Mercenary's Journey

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mornara » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:00 pm

Alcorlin's face became deadly serious. "I do not betray those who have helped me. Money means nothing to me, I have more than enough of that. Power disgusts me and I have no wish to get mixed up in politics. So I will not betray you. And my lack of trust is my own problem, it will not affect you."
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Jack Sarratt » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:24 pm

"As long as that's straightened out." Rebunanta glared at Alcorlin with his eye. "So it's settled then? We travel north for now." He looked over at Ryu. "Any objections?"
People say to not judge a book by its cover, but first make sure you picked the right title.
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Mr_D » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:36 pm

He shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me either way."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Jack Sarratt » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:46 pm

"Alright then." Rebunanta looked over at Alcorlin. "I trust this dragon of yours won't try killing Ryu and me?" He laughed. It sounded deep and harsh, like he hadn't laughed in years. Which I haven't had reason to. Rebunanta thought grimly. Not since before Derval and Domon.
People say to not judge a book by its cover, but first make sure you picked the right title.
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Mornara » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:53 pm

Her grin was more a flash of teeth than a smile. "I suppose he can hold off on having you for dinner for a few weeks. Course, after that..." Her low, throaty laugh was in no way warm, and her eyes became deadly serious. "As long as you do not attempt to harm me, he will leave you alone."
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Jack Sarratt » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:47 am

"I can agree to that." Rebunanta said easily. "Shall we go?" And with that he started walking down a small game trail that led north.
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Previous

Return to Lycoria: The Stories