speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

A Mercenary's Journey

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mr_D » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:47 pm

"Seriously, I could just punch someone..." He offered again.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Jack Sarratt » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:52 pm

"Sorry, Ryu, but we need a longer distraction. However, in the confusion that is sure to follow, why don't you pay a visit to the merchant leader." Rebunanta turned to Alcorlin. "Alright. Alcorlin, you go and stampede the horses. Ryu will pay a visit to the leader, and I'll go and see what they have for money and useful equipment. Any questions? Oh, and Ryu. You can kill him, but don't make a mess of things. Okay?"
Last edited by Jack Sarratt on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
People say to not judge a book by its cover, but first make sure you picked the right title.
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Mr_D » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:07 pm

"Whatever. Tell me when you're ready to go."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mornara » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:10 pm

"What, no mess? Where's the fun in that?" Alcorlin remarked over her shoulder as she threw a saddle on her mount. She had her three horses ready to go before she untied the others, herding them in front of her, leaving the tow she was not riding to be picked up on her way out. Kicking the stallion into a lope, she headed towards the meadow where the other horses were kept.
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Jack Sarratt » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:59 am

"Okay, Ryu. Go have fun." Rebunanta crept back to the main camp, trying to find where the merchants kept their goods.
People say to not judge a book by its cover, but first make sure you picked the right title.
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Mornara » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:06 pm

Alcorlin trotted Maran towards the herd of horses, trying to keep as quiet as possible. If she was right, the guards would be half asleep, and absolutely no challenge for her.

She was correct, by the time the guards realized what had happened, the horses were already freed and ready to bolt. Letting out a warcry, she spurred straight through the center of the herd, driving them towards the camp. She galloped them through the northern edge, trying to keep from trampling either of her new traveling companions.

Tents were overturned, goods scattered, and she caught sight of the fat merchant running scraming towards the trees. She smirked, he would have a nasty surprise waiting for him there. She drove the horses a bit farther before turning away and loping back to their meeting place.
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Mr_D » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:32 pm

Back at the agreed upon spot Ryu leant against a tree, arms folded and head bowed. His eyes were closed as though in deep thought and he stirred as he heard Alcorlin approach.

"Back so soon?"
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mornara » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:15 pm

Pulling her mount to a halt, Alcorlin vaulted from the saddle. "Not that hard to stampede a bunch of horses, it's stopping them that's hard. I thought you were going to rearrange the merchant's face a bit?"
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Mr_D » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:27 am

"I'm a ronin. Not a thug." Ryu said, indignant.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mornara » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:27 pm

"Easy man, I wasn't implying that you were, simply remembering your wish to kill him. If you won't, I will. I have no care what others think. The snake needs to have it's head removed before it bites another."
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Mr_D » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:44 pm

"I wasn't suggesting you were. I just don't want anyone to get me wrong." He said, resting his katana over his back. "I don't really care what happens to the old fool."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mornara » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:27 pm

"I wonder how long it will take Rebunanta to return, we wait too long and we risk getting caught."
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

PreviousNext

Return to Lycoria: The Stories