speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

A Mercenary's Journey

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mr_D » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:29 pm

"He does seem to be taking his time." Ryu said, shifting slightly on his feet but otherwise appearing apathetic.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Jack Sarratt » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 pm

Rebunanta walked calmly amidst all the confusion Alcorlin caused. He held a small bag that clinked occasionally, along with a pack filled with other neccesities. As he walked back to the clearing where they would meet, he wondered about that figure hiding in the merchant's tent. Probably someone who's looking for an opportunity to rob him blind. Rebunanta hurried to where he saw Ryu and Alcorlin waiting.
People say to not judge a book by its cover, but first make sure you picked the right title.
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Mr_D » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:33 am

"Here at last." Ryu said as he saw the man approach.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mornara » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:23 pm

Alcorlin swung into her saddle and reined her horse around. "So where are we heading?"
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Jack Sarratt » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:03 am

"Well, we have three options." Rebunanta said. "We could head north. I've heard that there are warrior tribes that could use some help in the tribal wars. We could also travel south and visit the larger cities. Our third option would be to do what Ryu and I have been doing up till now: wandering around looking for work. It's up to you."
People say to not judge a book by its cover, but first make sure you picked the right title.
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Mornara » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:59 pm

She shrugged. "If I go to a large city, I might as well hand them myy head on a platter. And I have an even larger price on my head in the north. However, I would not mind helping the tribes, they have helped me and I would like to repay that favor." She tightened her sword belt, then had another thought occur to her. "Oh, I almost forgot. I have a dragon that has been more or less accompanying me. Is that a problem?"
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Jack Sarratt » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:18 pm

Rebunanta considered this. "Mind if I see this dragon? If that's okay of course."
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Mornara » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:58 am

Alcorlin grinned. "That was rather the point of my bringing him to your attention. He's a bit north of here, we will have about a day's travel before we get to him."
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Mr_D » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:22 am

"Don't you think this is something of a liability? I mean, a dragon? A lot of prospecitve employers might be put off." Ryu said.

"Although I suppose it might work to our advantage. Who else can say they've got a tamed dragon as backup?"
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Jack Sarratt » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:26 am

"Very true. However, I must know: why did you want to leave here with us?" Rebunanta looked suspiciously at Alcorlin. "If we're going to travel together, it's only fair that we learn to trust each other."
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Mornara » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:42 pm

Alcorlin laughed. "Tamed? He'd love to hear that one before he fried us all for daring that. I'm more his pet than anything else, he allows me free range, but keeps a close eye on me. And I would prefer that prospective employers do not know about him, he has as much money on his head as I do." Her gaze sharpened as she became serious again. "I agreed to travel with you because I wanted out of here, wanted something more challenging, and you two seem to have interesting things happen around you. That is why I'm here, and you have nothing to go on besides my word. Is that enough or do we part ways now? And trust is out of the question from my side, so forget about it."
Ita Est
Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Jack Sarratt » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:45 pm

"You don't want to trust us? Fine." Rebunanta thought for a moment. "If you won't trust us, then at least swear that you won't betray us, whether for money, power, whatever. You can at least do that much, right?"
Jack Sarratt
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Lycoria: The Stories