The Threads of Fate

Moderator: Bmat

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: The Threads of Fate

Post by Loxley »

Greyhawk shook his head with a grunt.
"That's Moroca for you..." He muttered. "I have a similar story, only...it wasn't my family that got killed. I was tasked by a Morocan crime lord to assassinate a female elven ambassador from Sherldasia - along with all her servants, including the children." He looked into the fire, gritting his teeth hard. "I did the job and got paid. But then I left the country." He shrugged, and sheathed his scimitars. "I travelled alone for a year or so. My brother somehow kept track of me during my travelling days. He finally revealed hismelf to me in Merolder, and recruited me. I dare to say that's what really saved my soul from being completely corrupted to the core. That's what Moroca does to people...it corrupts them."

"Either way, we're both better off away from there, I'd guess. No point in dwelling on the past. It prevents you from enjoying the present, as my brother would have said."
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Neegle listened carefull to Grayhawk. He was secretly concerned about the chatacter of these humans, but did not show it. He acted instead gentuine interested and amused, which he was. He did admire their strong sense of duty, their need for companionship and their strong warrior hearts. ``What happened?`` he asked Grayhawk. ``Did you...murder the elven princess?`` Again, his look was sincerely interested, but inside he feared a grim answer.

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Loxley »

Greyhawk looked at him, a pained expression on his face.
"I'd rather..."

...not answer that.
That was what he had been about to say. But then he took a deep breath, and gave a quick nod.

"Yes. Not only her. I murdered about a dozen young children as well, and at least thirty grown up elven diplomates. They tried to fight me, but in the end, they all died. They were there to ensure that my boss, the crime lord I mentioned, didn't continue exporting illegal "spices" into Sherldasia. And I put a stop to their efforts. I was...a monster...back then. No feelings, no empathy...no soul." He shook his head at the memories, then looked over to his sleeping brother. "Then he found me. Although I had met a group of people before, who saved me from myself...he's the one who gave me a new reason to live...a family, a home, and, most importantly...he gave me back my humanity. I'm no longer that mad dog that I once were, I can assure you of that." He looked sincerely over to the gnome.

"Now, I would never be able to raise my blades against the innocent. Back then I did it without a second thought. Today, I'd rather point them at myself than the innocent." He stared into the fire, and gritted his teeth at the memories that came back alive.

Arden slowly opened his eyes at the sound of the discussion. He sat up, weak from blood loss, but fully awake, and looked at his brother with a warm gaze in his eyes.
"You can't change the past, brother. But it's not good dwelling on it either. It clouds your mind, and prevents you from seeing the beauty of the present. You're not a tool of some crime lord's whim any more. You belong to yourself. Even I don't own you, even as your Captain - it's your choice whether you wish to follow my orders or not, every time I give them. Just as it's your choice how you want to live your life, not mine. And people will judge you after those actions, not after what you did while being a slave to some Morocan crime lord many years ago." He looked to Neegle, and gave a smile, looking for the gnome's agreement:

"Right?"

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Neegle placed his hand to his chin and tensed his brows. Humans often expected lies and if truths were given instead this would be considered rude and in some incidences unforgiveable. However, truth was important to all living creatures, and for humans to appreciate in its naked imperfection. But perhaps this was too deep, too philosophical for them. Then again, these were brave and strong hearted men. After a time of considering these thoughts, Neegle's eyes looked back to Grayhawk. The Gnome's eyes were at once solemn, deeply reflective and compassionate. His answer was a sincere one: "You will be remembered by the people for the obstacles you overcame and what your accomplishments mean for all your kind, symbolically. Or, universually, if you'd like."

t_tibke
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by t_tibke »

Galfimas watched as Nero slumped down to sit, weary and unfocused. He began checking over some of the filthier bruising and cuts, and with little more hesitation, he began to pray:

White mists,
simple flame,
take away
thy burning pain.

Our thanks
with thee,
for the mending
we shall see.

Concurren Aman.

Then his hands were placed upon Nero, and light like a piercing dart came pouring fourth from the heavens and into Galfimas. His eyes flashed white, and his palms poured fourth that light. Nero was healed.
T_Tibke

Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Mr_D »

"Thank you." Nero managed weakly, forcing a smile. At that moment there was a scream from the edge of the campsite and the form of a large wolf towered over the bloodied body of one of the travellers. Impossible! They'd followed them this far? Nero bolted to his feet, shaken from his trance. What could they do? Out here there was nowhere to run. His own voice was a surprise to him as he shouted.

"Everyone grab a weapon! For a perimeter around the fire!" Where did that come from? More of the werewolves emerged from the trees, their fangs glistening with saliva and blood, their eyes frenzied with bloodlust.

((OOC: This'll be the last wolf attack, to tie off the loose ends.))

Wolf continued to walk along the edge of the treeline. As he did so a looming figure stalked him, rising up behind the man to strike. It's claws raked down and Wolf turned, drawing his sword in one swift motion and severing the great wolf in one motion. The creature's torso flew through the air in a trail of viscera that drenched Wolf's cloak. Before he noticed it he was beset from all sides. Battle had begun again.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Anyanna bolted up at the sound of the screams throughout the camp. She grabbed her sword and looked about. Just as she did, she saw this looming figure of a wolf about to attack. She spun around swiftly and thrust her sword into the beasts heart. It made an un-godly sound as the blade pierced his inhuman heart. Ladarious stood by her side attacking others that came their way. He formed a fire ball and aimed it at the vicious wolves. From behind every tree and bush, they came with matted and dirty fur, baring sharp teeth and angry eyes.

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Loxley »

At the sound of the attacking wolves, Arden flew up. Despite Greyhawk's protests, he reached for his elfblade. He gave a short order to his brother: "Stay close to the gnome and the fairy." They weren't warriors, and needed to be protected. Greyhawk looked at him for a moment in disbelief. Then, remembering his own words only a short while earlier, he gave a short nod, and moved up to the gnome and the fairy, positioning himself in front of them, ready to slaughter any wolves that got too close.

Arden looked around. His heart skipped a beat when he found the elven woman that he was searching for, right next to the wizard, and he closed up to her. "Good day, my fair lady." He said, with a grin very unsuitable for the situation. "I hope you don't mind my intrution. I saw what a beautiful night it was, and realized, this is the perfect time to steal some of your kills. I'm sure you don't mind." With that, he gave her a sly wink, and positioned himself back to back with her and the wizard, ready to deal with the attacking wolves as best he could, despite his wounds.

Loxley's blog

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Neegle turned with wide eyes at the fervor of the charging wolves. A pack of them, broken off from the others, ran straight for him. The Gnome rose his arms and closed his eyes, and the wolves passed right by him to either side as if he had become something so terrible to them on some unseen level that they had to ignore him. Ignore him they did, but not the others. Neegle turned to his friends with an open mouth, drawing out a dagger with a hilt shaped rather like a splitting pea pod.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Anyanna felt the familiar stirrings in her heart whenever Arden was near. "What took you so long?" She replied in return with a wink of her own as she stood her ground against the creatures all around them.

Treya was distraught. What could she do to these great beasts who towered over her and could kill her in an instant without even trying? She would be gone and never seen again. Her tiny heart beat so fast she thought she would faint. "Neegle, Noooooo!" she cried.

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Loxley »

"I had to feed the dog." Arden grinned. His grin died quickly, though, as a wolf came running towards him, leaping at his throat. Arden held his feet firm to the ground, and let the elfblade cleave the beast in two with a backhand of his only arm. The wolf fell to the ground dead. "I can't believe they followed us all the way here. Stupid mutts."

"Stay back!" Greyhawk ordered them with a sharp tone in his voice. Then came the wolves, and Greyhawk's two scimitars were let loose in a wild flurry of slashes, nicks and cuts, severing heads, paws and tails from their furry bodies as the wolves came too close. His hands worked quickly and with precision in fending off the monsterous beasts.

Loxley's blog

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Neegle looked wide-eyed over his friends. His mouth opened but then closed. He looked with compassion at each of his friends, half shaking his heads. "You fellas are the most enermy-prone group I've ever known."