The Threads of Fate

Moderator: Bmat

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Ladarious ached all over as he made his way to Nero and the morning's offering of food. Taking out some dried herbs from his leather satchel, he poured them into a hot liquid. Soon the pain would ease and he could enjoy the day.

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Loxley »

"Aah, a grand day it is, friends.", Isidian said as he yawning, and stretching exhausted muscles, approached the small group to grab some breakfast. The sun blinded his red eyes somewhat, but he soon got used to it, as he sat down with the others to listen in on their conversations, maybe to garner some knowledge about them, or just to follow his masters' orders and try to "make friends" with them - gain their trust.

He began to search for the young woman who had so easily trusted him, and was such a blatantly obvious target for his charms.
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter

Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Llew »

Virde uncurled from the under the heavy cloak that had been his bed, and rolled to his feet, stretching like a cat. He glanced around at the waking camp, and after satisfying himself, turned and picked up the cloak. His face brook into a rare smile as the Black nuzzled him. He thanked the horse for keeping watch over him the night long, and after rolling up the cloak he still held and leaving it with his pack, he made his way away from the camp to a small stream, the horse following at his elbow. After refreshing himself with a splash of the cold, sweet water and the black had drunk his fill, they returned leisurely to the camp for breakfast. He got a bowl of thick stew from one of the fires and then went in search of his traveling companions. He soon spotted the disagreeable sight of Isidian, who was apparently looking for someone. Virde ignored him however, and instead sought out Nero and Ladarious, the former of whom he had not made his in introduction to yet. He found Nero sitting cross legged on the ground with his bowl, and joined him with a companionable nod. "How goes it, friend?" He asked by way of conversation .
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58

Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Mr_D »

"Not too great." Nero sighed wearily. "I'm not much of a morning person." He said, glancing up with half hooded eyes.

"Unlike you it seems." He added, seeing the man's pleasent smile.

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Loxley »

Isidian rejoined the others after a few moments, sat down and took some bread. Then his red eyes went up towards the rising sun, and he muttered: "At mornings like this, I wish I was back in Kuthersia where the sun doesn't shine as harshly. It's still to early; I always forget what a pain it is to be traveling the wilderness." With a melodramatic sigh, he began to chew some bread.

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Ladarious smirked. It was going to be an interesting journey.

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Loxley »

Arden hurried as he reached the foot of the hill, knowing very well what would be waiting for him on the other side. Climbing to the peek of the small hill, he stopped, and took a deep breath, basking in the beauty of the city, radiating with the shining sun. The thick gray walls surrounding the city, the beautiful temples to varying gods that adorned the city, and the thick line of merchants waiting to get into the city to conduct their business. The guardsmen, as strong and fierce as they came, patrolling the walls with eyes open for bandits or people trying to sneak over the wall in the shelter of darkness.

This was Dun-Lorn.
Greyhawk appeared behind the mercenary captain, with Cujo on his right shoulder. Both of them stopped at the sight of the beautiful city, and Greyhawk grasped for air. "That sure is a sight for sore eyes.", he said. "It's...breathtaking..." Arden agreed. But for him, it was more than just breathtaking. The return to the city came with a bittersweet taste, because it meant rejoining with somebody he had once left, only for her own safety. How he longed for her, but oh, how he wished he had the strength of conviction to stay away from her.

Alas, he could not.
"You look like you don't enjoy coming here.", Cujo noted in a moment of uncharacteristic empathy.
"And you don't look like you can talk.", Arden retorted with a flare of sudden anger in one of his eyes. He calmed down quickly, though, and muttered: "Sorry, my friend. I didn't mean to bite you off like that." He tossed the sand away, and rose, dusting off his hands. "Why don't the two of you enter the city alone? Go to the inn called the Copper Dragon. I'm going to wait here until it gets dark. The city guard isn't...very fond of Bregan Savant, and they're likely to try and have me arrested if they see me. Stay at the inn until I contact you again." The two exchanged questioning looks, then shrugged, and after some short farewells, they headed down towards the city gates. Arden followed them with his eyes, then gazed up into the sky, and muttered to himself:

"When did my life become so complicated? I wish you were here to give me some advise, father. I don't want to make another mistake, like in Neseldin..." He shook his head and corrected the brown cloth he carried on his back containing his weapons, reminding himself he was still Faithful, the monk, not Arden Greyhamn, the mercenary captain.

With a heavy sigh, he leaned backwards and prepared to wait until nightfall.

Loxley's blog

Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Mr_D »

As the group finished their morning meals and prepared themselves, the other travellers packed away their belongings and tended to their animals. Before long the caravan was back on the road.

Nero shot a few suspicious glances at Isidian, quickly looking away whenever the other man turned to look at him.

The caravan kept to the main roads that linked the major cities, the horses hooves clattering loudly on the slate paved roads. The blazing sun beat down on the travellers, many of whom wore muddy brown cloaks woven from coarse wool to shield them from the heat. Beads of sweat trickled down Nero's forehead as he walked.

Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Llew »

Virde's cheerful mood did not last long. As the caravan wended it's slow way along the dusty road, he drew more and more in upon himself, ignoring the attempts at conversation made be the others. His eyes however, drilled into Isidian's back where he rode in front of him. In them something stilled, a memory, black and sinister, and hateful. Was it brought back to haunt him by the sight of the dark elf?
It was nearing noon when he finally seemed to resolve something, and without a word, turned the black off the road and galloped across the field in the direction of a high promontory that jutted up a mile distant. If one looked closely, one would see that the promontory was crowed with a castle, which dominated the country round.

Virde slowed as soon as he entered the woods, and rode with head bent, brooding savagely. He was ready this time. After all these years, to think he finally had revenge in his grasp. Revenge for those endless nights spend in the dungeon, for the secretes that had been wrung from his younger, naive self. And the years of watching over his shoulder, of suspecting everyone.

He paused under the trees as he neared the base of the cliff, surveying the sheerness of the rock. It was impossible to climb; it always had been. The only way up was the winding path that led up the other side to the high gates. After circling the base of the rock well back in trees, Virde settled down to wait at the foot of the path leading up. Night would come soon enough, and if the Dark elf was indeed who he suspected, he would be along soon enough to warn them of him.
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

In the cloudless sky appeared a beautiful hawk, wings spread wide and flying gracefully above Verde. It landed at his feet and made its transformation into a lovely elven woman with long flowing golden hair and ice blue eyes.

Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Llew »

Verde paused at sight of the hawk, and stood motionless when it made it's marvelous transformation. For a full minute he stared into the eyes of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, but then he had to turn away. That ice blue gaze seemed to see into his soul.
"What do you want?" He demanded in a voice that came out harshly for the suppressed emotion.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

"Do not fear me, I mean no harm." She looked solemnly ahead. "You seek the dark elves and I am here to help. They have brought the deepest of dark evil to the beings of this land and many others and must be stopped." Her face could not hide the sorrow and compassion she felt welling up inside.

A lone black horse galloped towards the elvan woman and stopped before her. On its forehead was the shape of a star in white. Around its neck was a necklace of tiny crystals that sparkled in the bright light of the sun. She jumped up upon its broad back and looked intently into Verde's eyes.