speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Shadows of vengeance

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Believer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:35 am

"it has happened for so long, there is nothing you can do unless the person that is doing this to me is killed"
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Magus » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:37 am

"Just tell me where to find him." Reejo laughed, thrusting his hand as if it held a sword in its grasp daringly into the air. "ANd he'll bother you no more."
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Believer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:40 am

"i....i dont know who he is" she said sadly as she lowered her head. She was telling the truth, she did not know who it was and why they were doing this to her, which made it that much harder on her
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Mr_D » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:02 pm

Shinya had already gotten some way into the city before he looked around in bewilderment, realising the others were no longer with him.

Unlike Striden the denizens of this city were far more affluent, though a few beggars and urchins still scuttered around between the merchants and nobles. Shinya felt out of place in his simple robes, standing as he did amongst the rich in their fine gowns and suits.

He now stood in the city square. To one side stood a large colloseum, to the other an extravagant theatre. The square was the junction where the poor downtown area and the rich residential, commercial and entertainment districts met.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:01 am

"Now. Where could he be?" Shinya thought as he surveyed the area. The only lead he had was that Iori and the leader of the armies of Krawl would be meeting with a representative from the followers of the death god, Brogg. He resolved to find the cathedral to Brogg in this city.

The high priest at the temple of Val had mentioned that the city was controlled by the followers of the death god, so Shinya concluded that they must have a fairly large following in the area, and more than likely a large place of worship.

He tried to catch the attention of several passers by. "Excuse me..." They merely carried on walking, not even noticing his presence.

"If I might ask you something..." The next one looked at him with a strange mixture of fear and contempt.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:17 am

Reejo chuckled and patted his friend on the arm. "You'll get nowhere that way." He then stepped out in the middle of the crowd, and stuck his leg to trip a passerbyer.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Mr_D » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:22 am

Shinya looked on, bemused as Reejo tripped up the passerby.

"I suppose that works too." Shinya said nervously.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:50 am

Reejo grinned. Better than you know.

Immediately Reejo dove down and grabbed the man before he fell to the earth, and gently pulled him back up to safety.

"I'm sorry, sir. That's qite a nasty tumble. I hope you're alright."

The old man looked at Reejo with bewildered, but kindly, eyes. "Oh... yes, of course. I'm glad that you were there to save me from my own foolishness."

Reejo grinned. "It's my pleasure sir."

"I only wish that there was some way that I could repay you for your kindness."

"Actually..." He said, "We've lost a friend of ours in the crowd, and were wondering if you could help us find him."

"It would be my pleasure to help how I can." The old man coughed roughly. "What's he look like?"
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Mr_D » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:55 am

Shinya interrupted. "A fairly large fellow, muscular, bald. Face like a bull." He thought a bit, trying to recall what Iori had worn that day so many years ago. "Possibly wearing black and red robes."

"I'm afradi I haven't seen anyone like that around recently." The old man said, rubbing his chin. "This is a big city. It's easy to get lost in the crowd here."

"I suppose so." Shinya said, somewhat disappointed before suddenly remembering. "Oh. One last thing. Would you happen to know where the temple of the death god is?" He asked.

The old man looked suspiciously at him. "Oh. You're one of 'them'. Are you?" He said. "It's over that way." He gestured in the direction of the colloseum.

"Thank you very much." Shinya bowed with a friendly smile as the man walked off.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:22 am

Unlike the cathedral to Krawl in Striden, the temple of death was decorated with sinister extravagance. Gargoyles loomed menacingly above, casting their mocking stares over the city.

"What an inviting place." Shinya remarked, feeling a shiver creep up his spine.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:45 am

"If it's all right with the rest of you I'd like to take a look around." Shinya asked the others with his usual friendly smile and soft, almost meditative voice.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:35 am

"Let's go then." Reejo said cheerily, moving on ahead of Shinya.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

PreviousNext

Return to Lycoria: The Stories