speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Ancient Darkness: Masters of Darkness

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Xyster » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:26 pm

"Brother Koll..." Lancet stood and dusted herself off daintily before rearanging her hair carefully, "...will not be pleased."
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:36 pm

"Then he shall have to be displeased." Strategos once again headed in the direction of Koll's study, pausing briefly to pull a dusty old tome from the bookshelf next to the door.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:35 pm

"That is an important book?" Lancet glanced at it inquisitively.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:43 am

"He required payment, I intend to honour our agreement." Strategos said, effortlessly pushing open the large oak door.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:27 pm

"The others that he would accept as payment have met unfortunate times." Lancet spoke quietly as she followed Strategos. Her eyes were on the floor and occasionally a new wave of light shot through her veins. It was not painful right then, but it looked startling to those that did not know how she had been created.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:55 pm

"It shall have to do. I doubt I have anything of value to him." He clutched the heavy tome under his cloak as he made his way to Koll's quarters. Hopefully the passing hours had cooled his head.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:07 pm

Koll sat in a deep chair, staring at Elenor who sat on the ground before him. None of the servants that were arranged along the wall moved or breathed right then. He was deep in thought, and Elenor was the object of that contimplation.

Sawbone's right hand lay in a bowl on the desk next to it, the blade in her palm turned up so that Koll could glance at it if need be. The blood from the hand had pooled considerably and now there was a good amount of the red liquid covering the bottom of the bowl.

Lancet winced slightly as there was a small pulsation in her heart, but otherwise said nothing of the pain.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:45 am

Strategos rapped on the door with his knuckles, still clutching the book in his hand.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:07 am

Koll shook himself from his thoughts, not bothering to look away from Elenor. With a motion that he knew the person on the other side of the door could not see, he gestured for the guest to enter, "Come in."

He folded his hands under his chin and continued staring.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:24 am

The door creaked on it's hinges as Strategos entered the room. He bowed stiffly.

"Lord Koll. I have come to honour our agreement." He said placing the large book on the desk. He looked down at Sawbones' hand darkly before turning to look at Elenor.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:00 pm

Koll noticed the attention that the bloody bowl attracted, but he said nothing as he continued to stare at Elenor. She was sitting perfectly still, almost as if she had been turned into a statue of flesh and blood.

He didn't even glance at the book, "Why is it that you disturb me?"
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:20 pm

"You requested payment in exchange for sparing the child's life. I have come to settle the debt as best I can." He gestured for Lancet to go to Elenor.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Lycoria: The Stories