speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

The Demon Lord

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: The Demon Lord

Postby Loxley » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Haha, sorry again for accusing SV. ;)

Hey, how did you know anyway? Are you really reading through everything we post here? O_O
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby The Master » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:32 am

I actually do read most of it. I love how creative everyone is.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Loxley » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 am

You're an awesome site administrator, you know. :mrgreen:

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ariel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:05 am

Wow the master is reading our story? How cool is that? :D
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ranryu » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:17 pm

"Halt who goes there?"

The sudden call at the late hour brings several of the locals and a few others to the front gate.
Leaning against the Shaded Glade Inn is a shadow just this side of tangible standing about 1.75 meters tall (about 5'7") completely covered in black leather armor and a black cloak.
Trevon just watches as Horas questions the recent arrivals about their business in the town. With a chuckle he moves from the shadow and into the Inn. With any luck they will show up there and he might be able to find a little information about them if they come inside.
When in Doubt Reload and Repeat.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Loxley » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:15 am

Roe stayed back as Primula stepped forward, identifying herself to the guards, who relaxed at the sight of her.
A bearded man, the guard captain of the village, stepped out and looked at her. "Thank the Gods you've returned, Primula." He muttered in relief, going so far as to hug her. "We were afraid it was a mistake to send you alone. It's a miracle you made it through - the demon attacks have increased since you left. We're being badly pressed almost every night."

"I-I know, Horas. I'm sorry it took so long."
"Not at all, young miss." Horas replied kindly. "Not at all. It was our fault for sending you alone. But it was our best hope for avoiding detection." He looked at the guards, and barked: "Get back to your duties! We don't know when the demons will decide to attack!" The guards scrambled to do so, and Horas turned his sharp eyes towards Primula's two companions. "I take it the two of you are the help we asked for?" He asked. "I must say, we were hoping for more than just two people. I guess heroes come far and few in-between in this day and age of Lycoria."

Roe gave a cold smile.
"Then would you like us to leave again?" He asked coldly.

"No, please." Horas sighed. "I'm sorry. Please forgive my rudeness. We're all a bit stressed out after being attacked every night for the last two months." He looked at them again, and bowed slightly. "I am Horas, Captain of the Guard. You will want to speak to Elder Brear, but it can wait until tomorrow. You should go to the Shaded Glade Inn and rest up for the night."

Roe turned away from the man and looked at Aree:
"The moron is right. We can decide what to do next tomorrow. For now, lead the way to the inn." He added towards Primula, who nodded.

"Y-yes. Follow me, please."

The three of them entered through the gates, and walked up the muddy path into the village. It had started to rain, and the dirt mixed with the rain, making the village a depressing sight. Fortunately, the inn wasn't far away. It rested in the shadows of several huge oak trees, and on an ordinary day probably looked very nice and pleasant - but today, due to the dark night, it had a very sinister look over itself. The yellow light stemming from the windows looked more cold than warm.

Roe pulled open the door and stepped inside, followed by Primula and Aree.

Loxley's blog

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ariel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Before they came to the village Aree asked the beast its name. Still looking ahead he replied. "I am known as the White Elder." Aree roled her eyes. "That isn't a name, it's a title." Gently he pulled a feather free from his right side and handed it to her. "I shall remain out of sight for the time being as the villagers are unfamiliar with my kind and I do not wish to frighten them any further than they already are. I will find you when you need me." She took the feather and tied it the satchel at her waist. Following the others, they came upon the village.

"At the Inn they settled themselves at a large table, hungry and tired.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ranryu » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Watching the new arrivals as they ate brought a cold smile to Trevon's face, a familiar sight on the drow. A single bit of though played through his mind. 'It is going to be slow tonight as long as the Full Moon is covered by the clouds the Demons will praise their gods for a sign of victory. Hopefully it will rain the entire night and give this township a much needed rest.'

"Nah, be to easy then. No rest for the wicked ones."

Chuckling he sits himself down on one of the empty chairs at their table. Placing a steaming cup of local tea in front of each.

"The name is Trevon; most call me Shadow, tho. I am sorry to say that this tea has a few strong energizing herbs in it to get you awake fairly quickly. I honestly hope we don't need it, but I have a strong feeling we shall." His words are warm and friendly, yet left you feeling as though he is trying to pull some scheme on you. Even his demeanor showed an open friendliness that begged "Trust me".

(\__/) This is Bunny.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Ariel » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Aree picked at the roast in her plate and looked up. "Oh, Hello, I'm Aree. Thanks for the tea." She wasn't used to accepting drinks, even as tame as tea, from a stranger, and she certaintly didn't trust people easily. Still, she didn't want to be rude and smiled warmly. "Are you from this village Trevon...uh, Shadow?"
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Loxley » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Roe put down his chokuto, leaning it against the table next to him, well within reach. Soon after, a drow approached the table, offering the group tea, and kind words - neither of which the antisocial Wolf of Mirabon appreciated. He looked up from his hot sake, and studied the drow coldly, pushing the tea away from himself as he reached for his sake again.

"I don't drink tea." He said, sipping the rice wine.

Primula took the warm tea happily.
"T-thank you, kind sir..." She stuttered as she warmed her wet and cold hands on the cup. She sipped some of it, and felt the warmth spread through her body. Then she began to eat some of the food the waitresses had brought them, hungrily, as the poor young woman was starved after the long trek from the Jaded Wayfarer, leaving to the others to conduct the discussion.

Aree, unlike Roe, introduced herself to the man, and followed it up with a question:
"Are you from this village Trevon...uh, Shadow?"

Roe turned to her and said in a low voice:
"We don't know this man. We cannot yet trust him. Watch what you say."

Loxley's blog

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ariel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:09 pm

In an equally low voice she replied, "Don't worry, I don't even trust you yet." Roe had one thing going for him at least, he was here to help these people. Still, she didn't know what he did in his spare time or what he was really like as a person. She could only hope that he was trust-worthy.

The dimly lit room was filled with the voices of nervous laughter and talk. It appeared that many of the villagers were trying to drown their fears with frothy ale and burgandy wine. Aree smiled at Primula. The poor girl had been through so much already. "Try not to worry to too much, we'll do everything we can to help your people." Aree wondered silently just how helpful they could be with just herself and Roe. Ignoring the tea, she took a sip of the deeply colored wine and savored its taste.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ranryu » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:10 pm

"Shadow is fine M'lady. To answer your question; no I am from no where near here. I happened upon a small caravan in a bit of trouble about a week out from here. They on there way in and in need of a decent sword arm and I a decent meal."
*He lets a small chuckle before sipping his tea.*
"Well that and a bit of direction I s'pose. Got here they needed help, and I wanted a warm place to rest for a bit. Course the fact I couldn't cook a stew to save the life of rat maybe a bit of that as well."{

(\__/) This is Bunny.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to Lycoria: The Stories