speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

The Tomb of Orceth

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:44 am

Posted By: Magus Dec 02, 2004 - 01:18 pm

Coldly as ever Shabel-Grah glowered at Elenor. "Have you heard nothing I've said? This is my battle! He is my foil and no other's! And I will fight him alone, as I always have done!"

As he shouted a small wisp of pinkish light shot out from his crimson robes. A moment later the jewel dangled out of the robe, attatched to a chain of metal rings about his neck.

Posted By: Mir Dec 02, 2004 - 01:51 pm

Elenor's eyes widened slightly, "My dear necromancer, I merely offer you a chance to defeat your brother. You cannot live your life alone, nor can you fight this battle by yourself. Your brother has been strengthened, and you need to be as well." She sighed and straightened her hair slightly, "I am not saying that you must fight along side her, or even me, but you must be empowered for the battle."

Posted By: Mir Dec 02, 2004 - 02:09 pm

Hex watched the discusion, waiting to see where it would go, and what fate they would decide for her. She would help any way she could...should her powerws be needed.

Growning weary of the wait, she pulled the soul pipe from it's place on her belt and blew a breif, but haunting tune. When she looked up, Lancet was looking at her in awe.

Posted By: Magus Dec 02, 2004 - 02:22 pm

"I... I cannot accept any help. I have my jewel. It is enough assistance, about all that I can manage anyway.

But I am not completely convinced, abjuror, that this is not on some level another experiment to you. I imagine you want to see if you can successfully fuse two beings together, for it is doubtful you have attempted so before. And then I'm sure you'd want to see our limitations in doing so. Tell me, why should I cheapen my crusade to rid this world of my brother for the sake of your amusement and curiousity?"

Posted By: Mir Dec 02, 2004 - 02:33 pm

"I am not trying to fuse you two together, that requires a much riskier operation. This is merely taking her strength and adding it to yours, so that you can access her powers as well. It will put her powers completely under your control during the battle, and she will be able to help guide you, but you will be fighting your brother as you wish too. I am not cheapening this for you. I would not do that, not now." Elenor brushed a stray hair out of her face, "I must admit, I am curious as to if you be able to defeat him, but with Hex's additional power, there is little doubt that you will be able to."

Posted By: Magus Dec 02, 2004 - 03:00 pm

"Are you so confident of her abilities?"

Posted By: Mir Dec 02, 2004 - 03:07 pm

Elenor shrugged, "I have seeen only a small sample of her power, but I had a hand in her creation. She had to be one of my master's better works to survive the slaughter. Yes, I am confident in her abilities, as confident as I am in my own."

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 02, 2004 - 03:17 pm

Cojac sat, bored and confused. He held his axe in his hands almost as if to taunt Elenor. He did not like her.

Hashin had listened carefully to everything. He was amused by Elenor, but also untrusting.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 02, 2004 - 03:54 pm

Rieze had grown weary of this discussion and lightly tapped Hex on the shoulder.

"do dey alvays talk about you as if you arent dere? if i vere you i vould demand some hand in dis decision, it is as much your future as deirs. but ve are not de same person so perhaps i am mistaken." she spoke lightly, too softly for elenor or shabel-grah to have heard them even if they werent so passionate in their debate.

Posted By: Magus Dec 02, 2004 - 06:24 pm

"He and I were always equals, only of different school sof magic. He chose the deceptive art of illusions. I chose the resserecting and healing art of necromancy. I say this to you, I will face him alone. If he is truly as powerful as you speak then it is already too late." He stare was ice. "Let's just say that I don't trust you. You played the world a guinie pig for your experiment. I don't intend to add my name to your ledger."

"Shabel, please reconsider." Jacatour said, surprsing is friend. "If he is truly as she describes-"

"Then it is already too late. I have made my decision."

"Shabel..."

"He has made his choice, brother." Yissam said. "It is not our place to argue, only to accept it as it stands. We may not agree, but it is not up to us. Would you trust her?"

Jacatour stopped. He spoke no more, he didn't have to. The answer was written across his face and spoken within his silence.

Thomas lay at his masters heels. He had remained quite all this time. Now he gave out only a short series of low mournful clicks. Then he, too, fell silent in dismay.

Posted By: Mir Dec 03, 2004 - 08:04 am

Hex looked over to Rieze, the soul pipe still held close to her lips, "I made my choice when I left my love the second time to chase an evil creature across a nightmare world alone; I have no right to speak up now. What she says is true, and I can not argue that I would be more than happy to help destroy that monster. If my powers can be used in any way, I will gladly give them. My lover gave his life for me twice, I can do no less for those in this world." She put the pipe to her lips and began to play again. Her melody was deeper now, seemingly much too deep to be coming from such a small instrument. The beautiful but sad melody creeped over the crowd, nudging its way into minds as it went.

Posted By: Mir Dec 03, 2004 - 08:10 am

Lancet was watching the discussion with more than passing interest. She knew that they had been sent here to help, and that she had to do something. She took a step forward, making a small bow to Shabel Grah, "Please don't forego our help sir, Elenor is telling the truth in this matter. Please, will you let your pride and pains lead to the deaths of all the people your brother may destroy? Can you have that blood on your hands, or let it rest on ours? Elenor is trying to purge her soul and attone for her sins, she is sincerely trying..." Lancet looked up with those wide, innocent but wise eyes, catching Shabel Grah's gaze, "Please listen and accept our help. Together you and Hex have enough power to destroy your brother. I have seen it." She looked at him, pleading with every fiber of her soul, all of it apparent in those deep eyes.

Posted By: Magus Dec 03, 2004 - 01:35 pm

The soul pipe had begun working its way into the heart of Shabel-Grah. It had been so long since he had heard it. His master had played it well, but not nearly as well as this other Necromancer. And it had never been his art to master.

But the pipe was not the only thing that had worked itself on the necromancer's mind and within his heart. This girl's testimonium had begun to work as well, her sweet and innocence had begun creeping at the edge of his mind, like a thought you knew but could not specifically identify. He also thought about Sabal-Gah. They had always been equals, both even having their own Orceth Jewel. But now, with his new powers, his brother had finally seperated their abilities signifigantly. He now knew that he could not conquer his brother in battle.

He looked at Lancet. He looked at Hex. He even managed to look at Elenor. But he found that he spoke to none of them. He spoke to himself, but enough so that the others managed to hear.

"Fine, I agree." And then, to Elenor and, odd as it seemed, to Lancet, "But know this, if you trick me you'll have a great deal more to worry about then just my brother. Even in death a Necromancer can take the role of a hunter. Take this as a warning."

Posted By: Mir Dec 03, 2004 - 01:42 pm

Elenor nodded, "Of course dear necromancer; I swear on all that is good left in my soul that I will not trick you."

Quickly Elenor spun on her heel, her right arm, claws and all, drove deep into Hex's stomach. The music suddenly stopped as Hex's eyes widened in pain and fear. She remembered feeling something like this during the experiments on her. The pipe fell from her hands as she crumpled into Elenor.

The elf's face remained completely calm as she shoved her arm deeper into Hex's body. She leaned close to Hex's ear and spoke softly, "Trusting fool."

Hex's eyes widened suddenly and she struggled weakly and futiley against Elenor's grip. She felt the anger rising in her, Elenor had betrayed her, and was stealing her power.

Posted By: Mir Dec 03, 2004 - 01:48 pm

Lancet looked on in shock as Elenor attacked Hex. She had seen it, but the reality was difficult to watch. She could see Hex's blood dripping down Elenor's arm, and had to look away, tears in her eyes. Elenor could be so viscious.

Posted By: Magus Dec 03, 2004 - 01:48 pm

Shabel-Grah screamed. "What are you doing? This was not what we agreed to! Stop!"

Jacatour unsheathed The Brothers and started to attack. Yissam grabbed him and held his brother back.

"Whgat are you doing Yissam? We must save her!"

"Nay," Yissam said plainly. "She has made her choice. It is not our place to interfere."

"She was betrayed! She had no choice at all!" Jacatour screamed at his brother.

"Each betrayal begins with trust. Her choice was to trust. Thus it was always her choice. And this is the necromancer's battle more then ours." Yissam said, referring to Hex.

Shabel-Grah unsheathed his dagger. The blade glinted crimson. "If you do not release her I will strike you dead here and now. Release her."

Posted By: Mir Dec 03, 2004 - 01:54 pm

Elenor stood there for a moment, then made a jerking motion with her hand. She had snagged the thread that lead to Hex's power. Somewhere deep in her soul, she felt remorse for having to decieve Hex to access her power, but there was no other way.

She lowered Hex slightly, "It's okay now, that was what I needed."

Posted By: Mir Dec 03, 2004 - 01:57 pm

Elenor with drew her arm from Hex's body, pulling it back slowly to prevent any further damage. She gently laid Hex on the ground, summoning foth her powers as she did so. Black flames leapt about her left hand as she laid it on the wound. Slowly the wound began to close, looking somewhat raw, but not so bad.

Held in Elenor's paw was a ghostly sphere of energy that appeared a deep purple. It dripped with blood, and a raw blackness oozed from it. She stood, offering is to Shabel Grah, "Take it, she will be fine, but you must take this quickly or she will perish." She took a step forward and thrust the sphere at Shabel Grah.

Posted By: Magus Dec 04, 2004 - 07:09 am

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right here! You nearly killing her was not what we had agreed upon!"

Posted By: Mir Dec 04, 2004 - 09:59 am

Elenor quirked an eyebrow, "You asked for a binding and this is the only way to tap Hex's power. I know because I have done it before. There is really no harm done, in fact, she has gone through the same thing many times before." Elenor turned and motioned to Hex, "Stand up Hex."

Slowly, and shakily, Hex managed to push herself to her feet. She gave Elenor a glazed stare, then turned towards Shabel Grah. Through the gory tear in her shirt, and the smearing of blood, it was quite evident that she had many similar scars all across her stomach.

Elenor thrust the power at Shabel Grah, "If you do not take this she will die, and if you kill me, it will stay in you. I have not betrayed you, it is difficult to explain my reasoning and my methods othere than I was created to be efficient, and I still am." She gave him a cold look.

Posted By: Magus Dec 04, 2004 - 05:22 pm

Shabel-Grah looked coldly at Elenor and then turned sympathetically towards Hex. "Sister-Necromancer, are you well?"

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 05, 2004 - 03:03 pm

Rieze shivered and stepped backwards. she did not want to be the next victim of this cruel, evil woman. If she could steal hex's powers she might posses the ability to steal Rieze's. And Rieze was not going to give her the chance to try. This woman was pure evil. Rieze faded to shadow, literally. She became a wisp of dark smoke, sly and cunning as could be, impossible to capture. The dark smoke lingered beside Rieze's horse who was still standing near Hashin. Rieze became herself again and gracefully swung herself up ontop of her horse. The horse snorted, pawing the ground nervously eying elenor and the collapsed Hex. She looked at Hashin.

"Go to Hex, she needs you." She said, lancing about nervously. This place gave her the spooks.

-------------

Nikiera also looked about, shivering slightly. Tierny seemed quite un affected by the events going on about them. she was far more concerned about the growing threat she felt in her mind. it was getting closer, stronger.

Posted By: Magus Dec 05, 2004 - 05:13 pm

"Are you well?" He asked more frantically. "I thought you would not harm her! That was the Gods •••• It Deal!"

Posted By: SirJill Dec 06, 2004 - 04:01 am

If Rowena had been in control Elenor would have been dead. Fortunately for Elenor, Gregory, first of all, had control and second, was used to Rowena's screaming.

Rowena sat on her horse just a few paces behind Jacatour watching the scene with a mild interest. She kept quiet, knowing that anything she said would betray her interest and that was too out of character to pass as Rowena. So her eyes simply drank in the scene her magic twining around those standing next to her, just under their magical vision to explore what Elenor had done. He chuckled slightly.

Too bad the incorporation of two in one has already been done...

Posted By: Magus Dec 06, 2004 - 04:17 am

"Answer me Gods •••• it!" Shabel-Grah shouted/

Jacatour stood still and quiet. This was the first time he was actually afraid of his necromancer friend. He couldn't have moved if he had wanted to.

Yissam stood still, but not out of fear. It was out of awe. He had known Shabel-Grah the same way he had known his brother, he had followed him when they had joined forces. He knew what Shabel-Grah was capable of. But never before had he seen this side of him. He was in awe that this Mage of the Undead could let go so completely, to lose himself in this fit of passionate rage. He felt his power and knew that it was not the same as it had been before. Despite his rage and outlashes he was subconciously absorbing that ball of power. It was truly remarkable, even a warrior ill-adept in the magical arts like Yissam could appreciate it.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 06, 2004 - 07:08 am

Hashin's eyes were strong. His hand rested upon the grip of his sword.

Posted By: Mir Dec 06, 2004 - 08:17 am

Hex's eyes began to focus. She nodded slighlty, "Yes, it's just...it doesn't even hurt. I just feel empty good sir." She turned to Elenor and gave her a nod, then bent down and picked up her soul pipe, dusting it off. She couldn't just leave it lying in the dirt. She cradled the instrument affectionately and placed it back on her belt.

Elenor nodded, turning to look at Hex for a moment, "Yes, she is perfectly fine, and I know that in about five minutes, she will not even feel the absence of it as more of her power fills the gap. She has much more than this to spare, I felt it when I touched her life force." Elenor turned back to Shabel Grah, "I have performed this many times, several on her. I may seem unusually cruel, but you must understand that I too am an experiment. They ripped almost all that was good from my already black soul, and created as close to perfection as they dared to go. What they made me into was an efficient student for my master. I am the only one that I know of that survived the slaughter."

She thrust the power at Shabel Grah yet again, "Take the power, it needs to reside in a body, or it will disipate and she will die as her power is filtered away without someone to control the flow. If you are truly worried about her, you will take it now."

Posted By: Mir Dec 06, 2004 - 09:35 am

Lancet felt the dread presence growing nearer. If they dawdled much longer... She moved forward and helped Hex to stand a little straighter, laying a calming hand on her. Slowly she laid both her hands on Hex's stomach. Soft white light sprang from Lancet's outstreched fingers, and when she pulled them back, the wound was completely gone.

Posted By: Magus Dec 06, 2004 - 11:57 am

"Fine." Shabel-Grah's eyes glowed with a golden-crimson light. The sphere of eradiated power puffed as if it was a cloud of smoke. It travelled it him and spiralled up hias arm and bnody until it came to rest in his eyes, which then turned back to normal. "But be warned, wiotch. Anything more like that, anything you do not tell me about, and I will slit your throat, reguardless of the consequences."

Posted By: Mir Dec 06, 2004 - 12:03 pm

Elenor shrugged, "I do not need your pity, and that is the only thing that would keep you from killing me. I do not fear death, but be warned; if you attempt to kill me, I will fight back, for I have no desire to leave Lancet alone in this world for any reason." She turned to Hex and nodded, "You did well, and you contain more power than I had thought. Together you will get your revenge on the wizard." She shook her head slightly, "So, shall we press forward to wherever you would be heading?"

Posted By: Mir Dec 06, 2004 - 12:08 pm

Hex's fuzzy perception suddenly snapped into clarity. She stumbled slightly, seeing that her power had been absorbed. She felt slightly queasy as the power settled into its new host. With a shake of her head, she began to move forward, towards him, as if she were being directed to do so. With slow and careful steps, she managed to make it over to him without much stumbling.

Posted By: Magus Dec 06, 2004 - 12:48 pm

Yissam stood steadfast where he was. Jacatour stood near his brother. He had had poor experiences with races upon them meating him before. He felt it was best to now just remain part of the background. These were Yissam sentiments exactly.

Posted By: Mir Dec 06, 2004 - 12:55 pm

Hex found a spot a comfortable distance from Shabel Grah and stood there, looking blandly around at the others.

Elenor flexed her paw, looking at it closely. Finally, apparently satisfied, she motioned to Lancet, "Over here please Lancet." She held out her hand to the child.

Lancet moved closer and took the offered hand. It was amazing how much the innocence of Lancet nullified Elenor's emmotionless appearance. It was the only thing that made her seem to have a soul at all. After all, one must have a soul to take care of something that fragile.

Posted By: Magus Dec 06, 2004 - 12:58 pm

Shabel-Grah looked at Hex, looked into her eyes. Pity and shame welled within him. Pity for having one such as her be some manner of slave to this abjuror and shame for agreeing to use her as such.

Posted By: Mir Dec 06, 2004 - 01:03 pm

Hex looked back at Shabel Grah, she could feel his pity and shame and knew that it was because of her. She could not deny that she felt a little awkward being used like this, but as an experiment, she had been used like this before. At least this man would not use her so thoughtlessly as others had done...at least she hoped that he wouldn't. She turned away, not able to stare into any man's eyes for long. She could never look into any man's eyes without thinking of Vell. Unconsciously, she rubbed the sword at her hip.

Posted By: Magus Dec 06, 2004 - 01:13 pm

"I..." the necromancer started, "I juast wanted to say... that I am sorry... for putting you through this. I never... I never would if I had know. But it is still my fault for agreeing. I am, truly, sorry.""

Posted By: Mir Dec 06, 2004 - 01:22 pm

Hex turned to look at him again, she looked slightly more coherent. The bond was becoming more stable, and the power was slowly being replaced.

She offered him a lopsided half smile, "I am glad that I can be of service to such a great man as yourself. I know that you do not enjoy this arrangement, and that makes it easier for me." Her smile faded and was replaced by a pained look, "Besides...this has been done to me before, and I'm sure that you are more gentle and thoughtful than my previous bondings." She forced a smile and went back to stroking her sword; thinking that Vell surely would have reacted similarly.

Slowly a true smile formed on her lips, "Anyhow, my love would have done no less..." She looked back at Shabel Grah,"...and neither can I."

Posted By: Mir Dec 06, 2004 - 01:52 pm

Elenor watched with mild intrest, but said nothing. Even with her blackened soul she understood that speaking now would only hinder her position. She had less compassion than a creature should have, not less common sense.

She could care less whether or not any of these people liked her, but she wanted them to realize her power and respect her for it. She would accept no less.

Posted By: Magus Dec 06, 2004 - 02:58 pm

"But that still does not make it right." Shabel-Grah said. "Because, you see, villainy has many faces. None are more dangerous then valor. None are more deceptive then compassion."

Posted By: Mir Dec 06, 2004 - 03:09 pm

Hex smiled faintly, "I was never meant to exsist. I was created from a power hungry necromancer that sought more power. Somewhere deep down, I believe that she is still part of me and that every time I perform a good deed, or offer to help a cause, I pull further from her. So you see, even by dying for this cause I would be helping myself. As I see it, there is no other choice for me." She continued to smile as she stopped rubbing the sword and looked up, "I was created for purposes like this, and though I know that I am not a tool, I also know that my powers can be used to help, and that warms me inside."

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 06, 2004 - 03:29 pm

Rieze felt a tug on her mind and turned, looking toward the foggy, stormy horizon. they should not be standing around arguing in a place like this. . .

Nikiera smiled, smugly to herself as the tension in the party grew. Tierny worried over the dead spirits swirling so thick around them in this place.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 06, 2004 - 04:56 pm

Rowena looked rather nervously over her shoulder and rode up inbetween Hex and Shabel-Grah. She looked down at him with chocolate eyes still flecked with amber. "Shabel," She muttered, "Shouldn't we be going now? This isn't doing much good."

Posted By: Magus Dec 06, 2004 - 06:34 pm

"Yes, you speak verilly. We should depart." And then, to Hex, he turned and spoke, "You may be warmed by such deeds, but using a fellow such as yourself chills me to my core. I feel just as soulless as my brother whome you hate for doing what I have done."

Posted By: Mir Dec 07, 2004 - 07:43 am

Hex shrugged slightly, "There is a very large difference. I gave my power to you willingly, and your brother tried to take it by deceit. That makes all the difference in the world kind sir." She dropped her hand from her sword and stood, waiting for someone to take the lead.

Lancet and Elenor stood to the side, waiting as well; Lancet seemed somewhat figity as she stood.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 07, 2004 - 08:59 am

"Shall we proceed?" asked Hashin, turning to his friends.

Posted By: Mir Dec 07, 2004 - 09:17 am

Elenor looked around blandly, "There is no point in waiting here, and I think that it is best that we move on."

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 07, 2004 - 01:12 pm

"Dank de gods!" rieze hissed under her breath, not really expecting anyone to hear. "i tought ve'd be standing here talking all day. and idleness is never vise."

her horse shied slightly, backing up, barely missing yassim's horse. Rieze spoke quiet, comforting words in the tounge of the horse to her stallion and he began to walk forward, even if it seemed to be doing so in terror. Beasts had a sixth sense, Rieze knew this, she had it too, it came with her talents. evil and danger seemed to saturate the very air they breathed. with each step the ominous feeling grew stronger. something was about to happen, something big. Rieze anticipated a battle, and began to draw strength from her reserves.

nikiera caught a fly that was buzzing by and in the blink of an eye, transformed it into a magnificent white horse. tierny snorted in disgust. she hadnt even asked the fly permission to transform it. Tierny, being a tiger( or, rather, a human trapped in a tygers form), opted to walk. she too, noticed the growing threat.

Posted By: Mir Dec 07, 2004 - 01:25 pm

Elenor quirked an eybrow, "Well, I suppose we shall need transportation." She released Lancet's hand and took several steps back. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she began to glow with a dark arua. A disk of darkness appeared under her feet, slowly rising off of the ground. She folded her legs and sat down on it, closing her eyes. Slowly it expanded until it was large enough for Lancet to clamber onto, which she promptly did.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 07, 2004 - 04:59 pm

Rieze quirked an eyebrow and thought silently to herself. 'cool' she thought to herself but didnt let herself say it. instead, she kept her stony eyes steady with her cold mask of indifference.

Posted By: Magus Dec 07, 2004 - 06:49 pm

Yissam mounted his horse immediately as Reize spoke her words. He cared not for idleness. Jacatour waited a few moments to read his friend's expression. It was empty as could be imagined. He climbed on his mount and stroked it gently.

Shabel-Grah waited for a moment looking into Hex. She spoke truth, and yet she did not fully grasp the situation he felt. Anything that made him feel more like his brother was the same as committing his deeds. He sullenly mounted his gray mare and began slowly trodding along. Thomas hopped in the horse's rear and then climbed Shabel-Grah's back and came at last to a rest on his shoulder. He looked at his furrative friend and gently kissed him on the nose.

"I am sorry for neglecting you Thomas." He turned to Hex and said, "You may be right, but so might I. I cannot afford to risk that chance, for the sakes of us all I must not be right."

Posted By: SirJill Dec 08, 2004 - 04:00 am

Rowena had been watching Jacatour and Shabel-Grah from behind Gregory's eyes. By now she had stopped fighting him and sat back quietly, knowing that while Gregory controled her eyes, he could not know what she wanted to see.

Rowena twitched her reins and her horse moved forward, following behind the party. She remained silent but her eyes darted around, watching everyone, if only for a moment. Finally she settled back on her horse, oddly at ease with the tension in the air.

Gregory had a feeling he knew what was coming. He'd felt this before. It wasn't surprising the others were nervous, much less the animals. This was nothing small if he was right.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 08, 2004 - 05:09 am

** The path opened up after a time, dividing along a rock which rose with a mound of strange web-like moss spiraling around it, with numerous twigs sticking out of it as if they had been snatched away by a sudden drift of a powerful river. Trees reached up around them hauntingly, as if drained of life. There came a strange laughter in the distance -- like a strange bird, but then raising and twisting into a sinister laugh which was more like a coyote than a bird. Moss and cobweb drooled down off of the dry, leaning branches. Strange forces were at work here, scurrying about like madness. Even the most stern-minded of humans could sense it.**

Hashin came to a stop. He thought that he had seen some bushes moving as if a cat-sized creature was running through them, yet there was nothing there. He had the ability to see Fairies, yet none did he see. strange, thought he.

Posted By: Mir Dec 08, 2004 - 08:21 am

Lancet Clutched Elenor's hand tightly, her eyes wide with fear. She leaned closer to Elenor, and spoke in a hushed voice, "You know..."

Elenor gave the slightest of nods and glanced over at Hex, "Yes. I can feel it too." The floating disk seemed to flatten a little, becoming almost unnoticeable; but the edges appeared to grow razor sharp. She cast a cautious glance around, grasping Lancet's hand tightly, "Stay near to me."

Posted By: Mir Dec 08, 2004 - 08:24 am

Hex stopped, her eyes darting about. She felt a sinisterness about this place that rivaled that of the nightmare world, only this was different. She couldn't place it, but knew that this was not a good place. With great care, she laid a hand on her sword and stood very still.

Posted By: Magus Dec 08, 2004 - 12:40 pm

Thomas had begun clicking his throught nervously, a habit he had held since time out of mind. His nose twitched violently and he shook all over. He jerked his head back and forth from the slightest sounds.

Shabel-Grah stood fairly still. He petted Thomas, trying to comfort his friend. But he had the feeling that his familiar could sense his own unease, sensed it growing, and did more to upset the poor creature then he did console him.

The necromancer's stomach tightened. He was filled with nervous energy, but managed to somehow maintain himself with some success. Thinking of how he'd avenge his parents, his love and himself when he slew Sabal-Gah helped some. Some, but not all.

Jacatour felt his hair, all over his body, bristle and stand on end. His body hardly moved at all, other then controlling his horse. But his eyes darted back and forth. His ears prickled and focussed on those slight sounds that made Thomas jump. His nose would test the air and his face would contort violently as he smelled something rather unsavory. And as he rode on he found his hands slowly, ever so slowly, inch and creep toward his hip until, eventually, they both lay firmly on The Brothers' hilts.

Yissam felt this "presence", as it seemed to be accuratly defined. He felt it but seemed not to react to it at all. His senses were accute and alert, but they did not seem to jitter about like the others'. His hand lay gently on the neck of the horse as he did what he could to comfort the beast. His stomach was unclenched and adrenaline remained more or less in tact.

He had learned that such expendetures of nervous energy that he was now playing witness to were wastes of such energies. In battle you had to be calm, clear, focussed. You never knew if the energy you wasted twitching your hand before the fight would be the energy you could have used to stay a killing blow, or deliver it.

Posted By: Magus Dec 08, 2004 - 12:41 pm

Yissam spoke monotonely, calmly, to Hex. "Why do you stop? You only make a more appetizing target when you eliminate your advantages. It is best if we continue on and rid ourselves of whatever it is that plagues this place. We have a goal and it is best not forgotten."

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 08, 2004 - 01:08 pm

Rieze's horse was spooked by something, nothing it seemed, in the bushes. it reared, kicking its front feet up into the air only to slam them down again and buck its back legs up. Anyone other than Rieze would have been thrown from such a mighty beast, no matter how impressive their horseman ship. but Rieze barely reacted, placing her hand on the beast's neck and speaking in Horse.
" are you quite finished now?" she asked it in its own braying language. immeadiately the horse settled nervously, completely loyal to its handler and trusting her entirely. Rieze's hand snaked out from the folds of her cloak that concealed her weapon. she'd been gripping her sword so tightly that her knuckles had turned white.

Posted By: Mir Dec 08, 2004 - 01:10 pm

Hex started moving again, her hand clenched about the sword. Too quitely for any to hear, she began to mumble to herself, "Vell, may you be with me now." She put her other hand on the soul pipe and continued forward, feeling the nagging presence in her mind building.

Posted By: Magus Dec 08, 2004 - 01:16 pm

Thomas clicked loudly in his rabbit-tongue. To Shabel-Grah's ears they were loud shouting.

"We should go. It is best not to be here. The Horse-woman knows, and so do I."

Posted By: Mir Dec 08, 2004 - 01:19 pm

Hex nodded as she continued to press forward, feeling a darkness in the back of her mind. She was particularly sensitive to spirits and demons, had been ever since the experiments. She couldn't tell what this presence she felt was, but it was disturbing her greatly.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:54 am

Posted By: Null Dec 15, 2004 - 02:20 pm

Null's mouth snapped open, screaming in a shock muffled by the earth that entombed him... His eyes, sightless even in this darkness, flicked left and right within their rotting frames...

His lips formed a morbid smile as his memory began to return to his slumb'ring mind. He began to whisper a soft, lilting song, it's words unformed, but holding power untold. The earth around him shuddered, unaccepting, before he dropped a key lower, slowing the tempo, matching songs with that of the earth enveloping him. The clay and rock around him began to shudder, slowly, gently contracting away from his bare body, letting him slowly begin to rise... his song changed, and the stones around him shook violently... they shattered, their dust wrapping around him like a shroud, the bits and peices coming together to form a form-fitting mail shirt, the inside lined with woven mosses... extraneous roots split their bindings, the fibers merging to weave together a coarse fabric, wrapping itself around his legs, forming a tight pair of trousers and a earthen colored hooded cloak.

Finaly, a trickle of white liquid began to run from a newly-opened hole in the earthen tomb.. a puddle of bone, liquid and maleable, shaped itself at his song... a mask, simple, shaped to cover all of his face but his mouth, leaving the rest a a featureless white surface.

He brought the mask to his face, whispering a word of binding, feeling the warm bone press against the cold, plague-ruined skin of his upper face... a smile fixed itself to his features, and he stood as best he could, the ground parting to give him way, his song rising all the while, as he made his slow ascent to the surface...

(sorry, know i was supposed to post this first, but i beleive in making a grand entrance. Null is an elf, sorta, i'll show his history more as the story goes on... If you go by d&d, he's a true neutral bard, favoring neither good nor evil, law or order. He is blind, and thus appreciates music as others appreciate beauty.)

Posted By: Magus Dec 15, 2004 - 02:48 pm

Shabel-Grah felt something. It was powerful magic, coming somewhere from behind. He cast another spell that shot through the lines of Orcs and turned around.

There, descending from the hill, was a lone figure in a pale white mask. It was of a material the necromancer would know anywhere. It was made of cold bone.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 15, 2004 - 03:50 pm

Rathsarann came back at Rowena with a strong swing. "Smart-tongued females make the best warriors, so my mother always said. You are well-skilled. Your blade serves you well. But lets see how you handle magic." Rathsarann reached in his pocket and flung up some dust at Rowena -- it turned to flame.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 16, 2004 - 04:41 am

Their swords locked. Rowena jerked backward fast enough to let Gregory shield against the flames, but not fast enough to avoid them all together. They crackled against the glass-like shield and dropped to the ground, useless, except for the few that ate along her shoulder. Gregory quickly dispatched these. But, as the shield came up, Rowena's sword arm collapsed. They both knew that Gregory was not strong enough and did not have the skills Rowena knew. It would be either swordplay or magic and nothing inbetween.

She stepped back and drew a small knife from her belt, Gregory letting Rowena surface once again to throw it. The shield collapsed as she did, the magic shattering on the ground along with the remains of Rathsarann's fire. "This is not a test, Rathsarann." She growled, "This is a battle. In case you hadn't noticed."

Posted By: Mir Dec 16, 2004 - 08:04 am

Elenor felt a surge of power, and stopped her contemplations long enough to turn and see what was coming. Her eyes widened slightly when she saw the figure, the massive power that he weilded. She quirked an eyebrow and turned back to locate another Klundor, her full attention required for this fight.

Hex turned as Shabel Grah did, seeing the figure as well. She recognized the mask's material as well and found that it was quite interesting. She hadn't met many people that used bone as she did. She continued watching him, letting the power flow freely through her.

Above on the disk, Lancet was watching the figure as well. Unlike the others, she was'nt engaged in battle and could spend as much time as needed watching him. She leaned forward to get a better look.

Posted By: Null Dec 16, 2004 - 12:12 pm

The figure surveyed the battle, the last of the dirt shaking off of his form, returning to the now-closing pit that had spewed him forth...

His lips turned up in a grin, and he knew what must be going through their minds... magic... power... how wrong they were.

Oh well. They would pay for that mistake in time.

Never stopping the idle song, he turned his masked face to the sky, breathed in the air...

... and vanished.

He watched from his small fold of light, his pocket of anti-earth... He had convinced the air to let the light pass around him instead of through him, rendering him invisible to any watcher.

He began to lightly stroll down the hill, circumventing the battle, not a bladeo f grass disturbed by his passing.

Posted By: Magus Dec 16, 2004 - 01:21 pm

Shabel-Grah saw the figure vanish in the air. But, did he really?

The power of this creature, this figure, lingered still. He knew he must have cast some spell, used some magic, done something. He felt the power linger, but he could not trace where it was.

He turned his attention from this annonymous source. He forced his mind on more pressing matters. The battle raged and he was not going to be done in by a battle of his caliber, nor let any of his fellows as well. This figure would make himself know, either as friend or foe. Until then it was best to push him into the recesses of his conciousness.

He cast another spell. A dart of magical energy pierced two Orcs as he began casting another spell.

Posted By: Null Dec 16, 2004 - 01:34 pm

An orc ran towards Shabel-rah, breaking past the line of his comrades, greataxe raised high...

Then he lurched, black fluid leaking from it's mouth, faling to the ground at the necromancer's feet, it's spine torn from the back of it's neck. Another orc fell, it's head split open by the vertebrae of one of it's brothers.

Right and left, the abominations began to fall, spitting black blood out one by one.

Throughout the sanguid massacre, a low, mourning song sprung from nothing, a macabre lament for the dying...

Posted By: Mir Dec 16, 2004 - 04:04 pm

Hex listened to the song for a moment, then sheathed her sword and reached for her soul pipe. The instrument went to her lips, and the beautiful, mounful song started, wrenching at her heart.

Posted By: Null Dec 16, 2004 - 04:38 pm

The bloody swath began to shift in direction, moving from the center of the orcen masses towards the sound of the pipe player... The orcs fell in their numbers, the slow-minded creatures not quite comprehending the unseeable destruction that was alloted them. The more inteligent among them dropped their weapons and fled, but a stupid few remained, sealing their fates.

The disembodied song moved closer to the musician, matchin in pitch, the air itself seeming alive with the music... as if, indeed, each molecule and mote of dust were humming along...

Posted By: Magus Dec 16, 2004 - 06:13 pm

Yissam stopped doing battle. Jacatour followed quickly in suit. There was something more important then these pitiful Orcs. There was something... something else.

Yissam slashed horazontally once more and beheaded a charging Orc. He turned and called out,

"Hail! Hail, musician! Be ye friend or foe?"

Jacatour lept over Yissam and stabbed an Orc midair in the face. It would have gotten a good sized axe in his brother's face had he not helped. But Yissam called once more.

"Hail! I bid thee to show thyself!"

But, admist the calls, the battle raged still. But it was... of a different tune.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 16, 2004 - 06:20 pm

"I HADN'T, actually," responded Rathsarann with an arrogant sneer. "If you want to play real, Human, then so be it." He leapt up into the air at Rowena, the tip of the sword facing down for her forehead.

Posted By: Null Dec 16, 2004 - 06:38 pm

Freind of Music...

The words were not spoken; they seemed to drift through the air, a lilt of song on a light breeze, drifting towards the one who had called out upon the wind...

And foe to orc, came the implied reply, as the unseen force proceded to rip the skull from a passing Orc, and begin to beat him to death with it. All the while, the mourning song matched the woman on the soul pipe, the air and earth harmonizing.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 17, 2004 - 10:05 am

Rowena couldn't hear it. She had blocked everything, but Rathsarann from her mind and was doing what she had been made to do—her two halves working together in battle.

She dropped and Rathsarann jumped, rolling underneath him, hugging her sword against her. She resurfaced, as it were and brought her sword up again, a few feet behind him now. There was no other way she could have avoided the blow and Rathsarann must have known it, she thought. It was too easy. Much too easy.

I don’t like this.

Neither do I. Magic time?

No. We’re weakened once you take charge. I think he’s playing by my rules. I don’t know what the hell he’s doing though.

Posted By: Magus Dec 17, 2004 - 10:40 am

"Friend of Music? Show yourself and make peace with us! I have no desire to kill unless I have to!" Yissam shouted.

"Brother," Jacatour started, slicing off an Orc's shoulder and leaving him to die. "I would not taunt what we cannot see. T'is not wise."

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 17, 2004 - 12:11 pm

Rathsarann sranled. Rowena was a lot better than he had inticipated. He had seen her in battle before, yet battling against her gave him quite a different impression. She was innovative. "I understimaed you, female. Fine. No more games."

Posted By: Magus Dec 17, 2004 - 12:47 pm

"What say you?" Yissam shouted, ignoring the plea of his brother.

Jacatourglanced back and stabbed an Orc in the jugular. Blood sprayed across his face and covered Yissam's right side with crimson stains.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 17, 2004 - 01:00 pm

Rowena wasn't about to move. She knew she was in a good, solid position and it would take a lot to make her give it up. "**** right, and," She waggled her sword at him, "My name is Rowena."

Posted By: Magus Dec 17, 2004 - 01:09 pm

Yissam heard Rowena's comment to the Klundor. He found himself, not for the first time, thankful for his accute Orcish senses.

Silently, to himself, he whispered, "Sure it is. Let's see what you call yourself by the end of the day."
Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 18, 2004 - 08:55 am

Rathsarann guarded her blow swiftly -- but a solid blow it was. He flung at her several times, and their attacks were equally well defended. Bitter, he kicked out at her stomach.

Posted By: Magus Dec 18, 2004 - 12:33 pm

Thomas watched, absorbing all that he could; this great battle's only spectator. He wished he had the streangth of his friends. He wished for the skills of Yissam, the power of Jacatour, the Magic of his master and the abilities of all the rest. He wished he had courage enough to enter the fray and power enough to be of any use.

But he was not. He was just a small white rabbit; cold and hungry and wishing he was something greater then what he was.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 18, 2004 - 04:02 pm

Rieze caught the sound of Hex's soul-pipe. the song was like magic, flowing into her ears, controling her mind. she still fought, she could do that in her sleep but her amazing voice soared from her, possessed by some unknown force, some odd vibe. Her voice was golden, a high lilting soprano. so sweet and pure it was odd to hear coming from such a stern soul as Rieze. she poured her heart and soul into the song; her pain, her loss, her loneliness. Rieze didnt know what she was saying, it must be the location, the spirits of the dead helping her convey her inner-most feelings. it was a sad, morbid tune, in a language long forgotten by the people of the world.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 18, 2004 - 06:36 pm

The Orcs came in all around, although many had died.

Hashin was moved by Rieze's music. He suddenly found enough inner strength to rise to his feet.

Cojac had been fighting widely, desperately trying to defend his master. Orcs were all over it. Klundor arrows had been shot into his back and shoulders. It fought fiercely, as its wounds began to rise in their intensity.

Posted By: Magus Dec 18, 2004 - 09:43 pm

Jacatour turned his gaze for a moment, but that's all that was needed. He saw the recovering Shaman. He saw his servent braving death to save him. He could not stand idle slaughtering these Orcs while others might die elsewhere by their hand.

He dashed over, quick as lightening. He crouched and ran low, slicing at legs and gutting Orcs as he did. He wove a path of destruction until he neared enough where he lept over the tides of Orcs to reach the Shaman.

This was where he continued to battle. It had gained meening now. He had found somebody to protect. He had found a friend.

It was so strange a thought, but it rang truer then all others. This Half-Breed, an outcast from both of his kinds for he was too much like the other to gain favor in either... this creature had found friends. He had found people whom he was willing to live for, willing to fight for and willing to die for.

He had found friends. And that more then anything else was his new purpose. It was no longer his purpose only to kill. He knew now that he was meant to help others, to protect. Even if it was just these he had grown to love and respect he could still defend them with his own two swords.

Posted By: Mir Dec 18, 2004 - 10:31 pm

Hex continued to play the pipes, her haunting melody reaching over all other sounds...pouring her very soul into the music. All of her pain and loneliness, all of her agony over loosing Vell, and her love for him, seemed to be wrenched from her and stream through the pipe.

Elsewhere Elenor paused to listen, then went back to her methodical elimination of the Klundors. She didn't have time to be distracted, and somehow Beast seemed to absorb the music's effect, as if it's lack of soul were protecting her.

Posted By: Magus Dec 19, 2004 - 06:12 am

Shabel-Grah finished a spell. A white hot jet of flame bursted out of his hands and engulfed any too near him. They felt no pain, but their flesh burnt and melted and turned to ash before their very eyes.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 19, 2004 - 12:04 pm

Rowena, caught unexpected, was flung backward onto the ground, her sword skidding from her hand, eyes following it's path in the dirt. Frantic, her hands scrabbled for the dirk in her boot, fumbling through fabric to find the hard bite of metal along her fingers. She ignored the blood and pulled it from her boot, scrambling into a sitting positon.

Posted By: Magus Dec 19, 2004 - 01:13 pm

Thomas crept up upon the duel. This was the battle's focal point, this was where it would all be decided. If he was to act as witness, he had better witness the deciding action.

He crept behind a fair sized rock. It was more then enough to hide him. He then did all he could do. He waited and he watched.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 19, 2004 - 01:31 pm

Rieze continued her song, accompaning Hex's soul-pipe. there was loss in her music as well, perhaps they were more alike than she would have thought. Rieze fought, as if in a trance, her fluid movements were done absent-mindedly as if she cared not for the outcome. but, a voice called through the trance, breaking it, freeing Rieze as pain sliced her shoulder. she was getting careless. her vision swam, giving her a brief glimpse of Kieze, her dead twin sister. her melodic voice whispered in Rieze's ear.

"now is not the time to abandon your friend the shaman. or his dying servant."

Rieze choked, her vision becoming sharp once more. how odd, she tasted wintergreen. where was she?

it was but moments before she realized she lay on the ground among the dead. Rieze sprang to her feet, dashing to Cojac's side. as she ran, she passed Rowena dueling with Rathsarann and accidentally kicked a sword toward the two. she barely noticed, she knew Rowena could handle herself just fine. she reached Cojac and Hashin, grabbing an orc from the beast's back and hurling him into the blades of his comrades. she spoke over her shoulder to the shaman.

"Vhell? how do you feel?"

Posted By: Magus Dec 19, 2004 - 02:36 pm

Shabel-Grah looked at Hex. She was still playing her pipe, her soul pipe. He could not contribute to the song. His song was that of magic, of life and death. It held no notes or chords. It only held truth, final truth.

Shabel-Grah tapped into Hex's power. She played her pipe, seeming to sway from side to side. Shabel wondered what she thought of when she held that pipe of bone to her lips and drew breath into it.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 19, 2004 - 06:08 pm

Hashin got up, with Jacatour's help. "Fine," replied Hashin. "I don't know if it's the medicine, or my inner abilities ... but the wound is healing fast."

Cojac fell to the ground, covered in Orcs.

Rathsarann flung with his sword violently at Rowena. It was a desperate if arrogant attack, as it left his right side fully vulnerable to attack.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 20, 2004 - 07:44 am

Rowena flung out her dirk arm, the large knife derailing the sword's blow into her shoulder, tearing a scream from her lips. She dropped the dirk, her other hand moving through her pain to find a weapon--anything.
And her hand fell upon an abandoned orc sword. She brought it up, its weight already telling on her stregnth and swung it will all the force she had left at Rathsarann's unguarded side.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 20, 2004 - 09:18 am

The sword sliced deep into his side. Rathsarann swung back defencively. With a puzzled look upon his face, Rathsarann fell to his knees. He kept his sword raised in his hand desperately. He moved to regain his feet.

Posted By: Magus Dec 20, 2004 - 09:32 am

"Are you well Hasin?" Jacatour shouted over the grunts and screams of the Orcs.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 20, 2004 - 10:02 am

The blow knocked the dirk easily from Rowena's hand, drawing a deep line across her face. She screamed in anger again and shoved out with her feet, aiming for mid calf, attempting to keep him from rising. If she could only rise herself...
Her hands scrabbled in the dirt as she fought for the stregnth to stand and then find a weapon. Her shoulder was drenched in blood and yet more trickled down her cheeks. It looked akin to crying blood. Still, Rowena knew she was lucky. His sword could have taken her head off. She was even luckier that it missed her eyes.
Metal. Her hand instantly recognized her own sword, lying on the battlefield, drenched in orc blood.
Another miricle. She thought dryly, pulling the sword up and staggering back to where she had left Rathsarann, only a few paces away.

Posted By: Magus Dec 20, 2004 - 12:00 pm

Yissam stared out into the carnage of battle. Every now and then he would avoid a blow and then deliver one of his own. But mostly he was distracted. who, or what, was this voice, this 'Friend of Music'?

An Orc dove at him. Yissam stepped lightly aside, twirled, and beheaded the creature. These 'wariors' were a disgrace to all of Orcish kind. They all deserved to die for representing their race as they were now.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 20, 2004 - 01:45 pm

Rieze smiled distractedly to Hashin.

"Good. I tink Rowena vill need you before tis is all over. just sit back and regain your strength, someting tells me you'll need it. dont vorry, Jacatour and I vill keep tese rogues from you." she fought as she spoke, wrapping her whip around the neck of the nearest orc on top of Cojac. with an almighty *crack* she flicked her whip with a hidden strength and flung the screaming orc towards Yassim. how unlucky for the ugly brute, he hadnt long to live, she supposed that the Orc-lord's mighty blade would find him in a few seconds.

as she lept into the fray surrounding the massive Orc, a song once again burst from her lips. this one carried power, added strength to her sword arm and an extra snap to her whip. from somewhere, a sharp pain cut across her cheek. warm blood poured down her face. Rieze grew angry, and with such anger, her power grew.

in a wild flash, Rieze was transformed to a mighty Hobgoblin, female, of course. her fangs were long and saber-like, her arms were strong and corded. her traveler's clothes had transformed as well, to a studded leather armor that covered her body except for her face and arms. her right arm was, of course, scarred. her eyes shone a brilliant purple. several orcs around her whimpered and one tried to flee, but didnt get far. Rieze was only beginning to show her true power. She didnt only dabble in transformation as birds and nymphs, safe creatures; she could be dangerous.

Posted By: Magus Dec 20, 2004 - 08:13 pm

Yissam swung and sliced the flying Orc in two, then turned again towards the battle. This presence wasn't going to make itself known, at least at the moment. So he might as well deal with this half-assed warriors.

Jacatour looked at Rieze and wondered how he could have underestimated her. Sure, he had known she had power and skill. But he didn't credit her with the power of her song. It was the most beautiful and fearsome thing he had seen yet. This truly was a warrior to be reckoned with.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 21, 2004 - 09:20 am

Rathsarann staggered to his feet. He was ashamed more than anything -- to have been bested by a human female! He gathered all his energy, focussing entirely on the task at hand. He flew into Rowena again, this time with everything that he had.

"I'm fine," Hashin said, to Jacatour this time. "Perahps I'm stronger than I realize." He looked to Cojac. He was dead. Wross: his spirit had left, and Hashin was too weak yet to grab it back.

Posted By: Magus Dec 21, 2004 - 10:20 am

Jacatour only nodded stolidly back. He had seen Cojac. He had died bravely protecting his maker. But this was not the time to get emotional, even Jacatour knew that. There were endless-seeming swarms of Orcs. If they were to be defeated, all of them, then concentration would be required.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 21, 2004 - 10:57 am

Rowena blocked and let her knees collapse underneath her, forcing Rathsarann to bend over her at and awkward angle. She rolled back and got one of her legs out from under her, still somehow managing-but not for long--to hold back his sword. Her foot shot outward and caught him solidly in mid shin.
But at the same moment her arm gave out. Whether it was simply the exertion or the fact that she had been wounded, Rowena's arm slipped, droppinng her sword to the ground. She recovered somewhat, lifting it in time to wedge it, without blood, firmly in Rathsarann's stomach.

They were stuck. Rathsarann's sword at her neck and hers wedged firmly in his belly.

Posted By: Magus Dec 21, 2004 - 11:02 am

Hex continued to play her mournful song. But Shabel-Grah forced himself not to listen. It brought on memories of his mother, his father... his only tru love. That was the magic of the soulpipes, the released your welled up emotions. If not for his brother killing them, he himself would have learned the secrets of the pipe. But he would not, could not now. He would never allow himself to learn an art that would only bring out his love, his pain and all of his sorrow. His would not, he could not.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 21, 2004 - 01:40 pm

Rieze the Hobgoblin snarled, breaking her tune of anger. with a mighty swing of her arm orcs flew in all directions. now, if only, she wondered if she could pull off a larger transformation. she thought she could, if she worked up to it. First, a hobgoblin, then a troll, next a gryphon, and then a worm. Rieze gathered her remaining strength for what was next, her goal. She became a giant black dragon, her scales glittering like pieces of polished onyx. with an almighty roar she shot red hot flames from her nostrils, roasting hundreds of orcs alive. with her claws she threw them from her path, smashing the unlucky slow-moving ones. her barbed tail swished here and there, sending screaming orcs flying into the sky. after three rounds of fire, Rieze had weakened, no longer able to hold the shape of the dragon. she became herself again, a small but powerful woman. now, her companions had seen how broad her power was. exhausted, Rieze collapsed on the ground, her energy utterly spent.

Posted By: Magus Dec 22, 2004 - 05:43 am

Jacatour had played witness to Rieze's transformations. He could honestly say that he now feared her. It was honest, respectful fear. He knew that she would be a powerful enemy if crossed. Never before had he been happier to be on the same side of her as he was now.

He repositioned himself, moving in front of Rieze. She had been strong enough to deliver such a blow to the enemy assaulting them. The least he could do was be brave enough to help her in her time of need.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 22, 2004 - 07:46 am

"Surrender," bargained Rathsarann. "I will not slay you."

Hashin hurried over by Jacatour's side, nodding as they met as if to say 'still alive also.' He looked down at Rieze, realizing now just how powerful a creature that she was, capable of transforming into a giant black dragon with a fiery breath. Only in storybooks had he heard of such a thing.

Posted By: Magus Dec 22, 2004 - 08:56 am

Yissam swung and slew another miserable Orc. Had he been reduced to fightingh such low enemies now that he had finished fighting with his brother?

The Orcs around him had cleared to other areas of battle. At least his skill was not lost on these cretins.

He ran low and fast until he found another Orc. He merely stretched out Angoraath and slew him, never mising a step or slowing a bit. He ran until he came where his brother and the other two were. After killing that monstrosity, reguadless of valor or loyalty, hey had begun to swarm here, hungry for another such victory.

But Yissam fought, as did Jacatour. The battle raged and their once swollen numbers began to wane. But there seemed, still, no end to them.

Posted By: Magus Dec 23, 2004 - 12:11 pm

Thomas was viewing the battle through the eyes of one who knew that he would be its only witness, and one who would rather partake in it.

First he saw Shabel-Grah, his dear friend and master; the master of the undead, although he himself hated such titles. He was fuelled by the other, this Hex, and his powers were magnificent to behold. He cast spells with such a speed and fluidity that the familier had never before seen.

He saw Hex, the second necromancer. She played the pipe of souls and stirred his own, as wel as any who heard it, he was sure. She seemed sad, lost in the song, but he would have to worry about that later.

He saw the brothers, Jacatour and Yissam. Yissam had just joined his Half-Human brother and was along side him in battle. He slew and Orc, and then his brother, and then Yissam once more. They were like a tidal force of nature that would not be denied in slaying those who would have their heads on a platter, but never would.

He saw Rieze, the shapeshifter. She was the master of forms, of this he was now sure. She had grown into Goblins and Hobgoblins, Dragons and Gryffins. He fury was what would cause hardened warriors to quake in fear, mayhap eve release their bowels.

He saw the shaman, Hashin, He of the healing arts. He had stood now and was having at those who had killed his creation and, as Thomas now thought, his friend. For there was always a bond between the creator and the created. But how strong was Hashin tied to Cojak? Thomas did not know, but he presumed that the bond had been strong, and its severence hard to bear.

And then there was Rowena, or was it Gregory? She fought like a warrior poet as well as a Master mage. She must be both, now. Neither Rowena or Gregory, but something new and different. Both, and yet at the same time neither. this was his thought, for he was unsure. But there was a belief that in battle they were as one, new soul.

He saw all of it and, at the same time, none of it. He was a spectator in a non-spectator sport. Battle deserved nor asked for such as him, and yet here he was, unable to do any differently.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 23, 2004 - 03:11 pm

Rowena shoved the sword deeper into his belly, still not hard enough to draw blood. "Why?" She snapped at Rathsarann. "I could just as easily say the same thing."

No--ask him what happens if you surrender.

You think you can get us out of this deadlock?

I might be able to. Ask.

Rowena heaved a sigh, "Alright, fine, what happens if I surrender? Just for future refrence, mind."

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 23, 2004 - 04:01 pm

there she was again, in that rose garden, her old home. kieze was sitting by the fountain, waiting. she looked up, beckoned to Rieze and pointed to the water. in the fountain was depicted the battlefield, Rieze lying on the ground, her friends grouped around her, protecting her. she smiled. she belonged there, with them, she had a place now.

"you have to go back to them. you know this." kieze said softly.

"i know." rieze distractedly echoed.

"i have a gift for you rieze, I'm sure you will find it satisfactory." kieze said, handing her two blades of beaten silver, cold and pure. there were three points to it, like a fork. the middle prong was the longest. the sword part. Rieze flicked the swords in expirimentation. perfect.

"Ariezare." kieze said softly, holding out a necklace with a glittering black diamond at the end. it was flawed, a pure, white streak cutting through the middle. Rieze was starled. she'd never heard her whole name spoken in such a long time. . .

she put on the necklace and was back on the battlefield, clamboring to stand. Rieze felt revitalized, energetic. She joined the fray once more, shoulder to shoulder with her friends. the blades were in her hands, ready to taste orc-flesh.

Posted By: Magus Dec 24, 2004 - 06:30 am

Jacatour paused from battle for just a moment. There was Rieze, same as before, only not the same. She had somehow materialized a gem about her neck and twin blades in her hand.

An Orc swung at his head and, in his state of distraction, made a small scratch on his chest and he jumped back.

Cursing his stupidity he swung both brothers at the offender and decapitated him simultaniously with both. He then started on the others.

Yissam neither saw nor cared about Rieze's new attire and weapons. He was a Warrior Lord, born and breed into it. He could not allow himself a distraction when fighting. This was what he was born to do, what he was breed to do. This was his life and, conciously or not, he could not allow to be robbed of it.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 24, 2004 - 07:45 am

"Your ... LUCK, human. A ... Klundor's heart ... is not in his chest ... but in his belly. You have ... wounded me beyone repair. If I die ... then so do ... you." Rathsarann raised up his left hand. A swarm of fire erupted over his body, gusting up at Rowena with a terrible thunder.

Hashin sat beside Cojac's body. The Demon Soul had left him forever. He lowered his head, in sorrow.

Posted By: Magus Dec 24, 2004 - 08:46 am

"Shaman," Jacatour said quitely as he broke from battle for the moment. He was covered in the blood of his enemies that he himself had spilt. He face and body were splattered with it and looked like some horrible beast of Hell, he supposed. "Now is not the time for grief. Now is the time for vengeance, while it is here for the reaping. Take that first and rest your heart knowing that he did not die in vein. There will be time, later, to griev those who have bravely fallen for us. Later is the time for weaping. Now is the time for justice."

He placed his hand awkwardly on the Human's shoulder. He hoped it would help the man through the grief but, close as he was to one, he was not human. He had no kind like him and did not know how to comfort a human. He only hoped that he could help, if a little, and ease his pain.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 25, 2004 - 02:21 pm

Rowena screamed piercingly. There was fire all around her, nothing except the waves of heat which seared her skin, peeling back brown waves. Before she could scream again the brand on her forearm literally exploded, blowing Rathsarann off her and a good distance away.
There was fire everywhere. She couldn't breathe through the smoke and it was bringing back such memories.

Rowena! Rowena stop! Calm down--let me put out the fire.

No! Stoppit! Get away! Get out!

Rowena your fear is keeping me from putting out the fire. Do you want the fire to go out?

You ARE the fire! Just...
Rowena began rolling in the dirt, trying frantically to brush the flames off her sleves as if they were a simple stain. None of her attempts were sucessful.

Rowena! Gregory's voice was sharp and cut through the haze of smoke, fire and pain like a knife though paper. Rowena jerked still and he flooded over her; a calm watery wave which extinguished the fire and left her shivering on the ground, brown skin peeling from her arms, neck and face.

Posted By: Magus Dec 26, 2004 - 07:52 am

Yissam slew another Orc with the ease he had taken with all of the others. Their numbers were now noticably thinner then they had been before. Only a little longer and this battle would conclude.

In the end, only one of them would survive, he summed up. Only one would live and the other would die. He didn't particularly care which one it was.

The Klundor could be dealt with if he lived. There were many of them and only one of him, and he was tired. Yissam was fairly confident he could kill him himself, but he knew to be warey of those possessing magic. You never could tell what they would do with it.

If Rowena survived... that would be much more difficult. If she lived then they would have to deal with Gregory. He was crafty and sly, and possessed magic aqs well. He didn't want to harm Rowena, especially after what had happened to Aliandra. But he could not suffer Grogory to live.

One or the other, it mattered not to him.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 27, 2004 - 05:09 pm

Rieze was refreshed and as Jacator paused in battle she easily picked up the slack he left behind. good, he was trying to comfort Hashin. that way, she wouldnt have to do it. for someone who had had to deal with so much death and loss in her life, Rieze was horrible at comforting people. especially her friends. not that many had hung around for too long.

her new swords were perfectly balanced, like an extention of her arm. orcs fell in waves before her. soon she had formed a wall of corpses protecting hashin and his dead servant.

Posted By: Magus Dec 28, 2004 - 08:31 am

Jacatour was amazed, to say the least, when Tieze began battling once more. He saw the shaman, saw him well. The shaman had not yet responded, likely enough he never would, not to him at any rate. Jacatour had his own experiences of what Human's thought of him. But it didn't matter, likely enough it wasn't his race, or duality there of, that phased the shaman so. Jacatour had travelled with him through many a trial and tribulation since they had met at the inn. But Jacatour wondered what could be on the shaman's mind.

He broke away from him and embraced battle once more. There was no time for leanghtly embraces at such a time. Maybe later, but most definately not at the present time.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 29, 2004 - 06:33 am

Hashin heard Jacatour's words. Although he did not believe in revenge, he understod that this was in fact a bad time for grieving. His friends needed him. At last he rose to his feet, placing his hand to Jacatour's arms to say thanks. His eyes lit up as he saw the fire raing at Rowena. He raced for her, raising out his arms. The fire was pulled into his body, until it was no more. He looked desperately to Rowena, hoping ...

Posted By: Magus Dec 29, 2004 - 06:59 am

Jacatour sliced another Orc to pieces. There were none left, at least that he could see.

He joined Yissam, who looked out into the distance. Jacatour followed his brother's gaze and saw Rowena.

He stopped breathing for a moment. No matter how he struggled for breath, no air came to him. Then, slowly, he forced it down his throat and into his lungs. He heaved it in huge gulps but could not speak.

He chased out after her, hoping to all the Gods above and below that she was not dead. Yissam followed in silence.

Posted By: Magus Dec 29, 2004 - 07:05 am

Shabel-Grah looked about him. He failed to see any more Orcs. He broke off his magical contact with Hex and she seemed to skip a beat of the song. But that may have just been the wind.

His head swam and his sneses blurred into each other. He heard the ground and saw the song and tasted the colors of the sky.

Soon, though, he began straitening. He saw the ground and heard the song and tasted the sweat that had dripped into his mouth.

His body ached all around and he could scarcely breath. But he was alive and in one piece. He never expected to be after such an ordeal of magic-slinging.

He struggled to his feet and felt a wave of dissyness come over him, followed by a wave of nautiousness.

He overcame both and felt the magic before he saw the Klundor and Rowena. He saw Jacatour and Yissam there, and felt Thomas leap onto his shoulder.

He made with as much haste as he could muster in his state over to where the others had gathered.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:00 am

Posted By: SirJill Dec 29, 2004 - 08:02 am

Rowena tried to shut her eyes, to block out the image. Her eyes wouldn't obey her. Angry, she tried again, but to no avail.

Her sword hand clenched around something cold and metal. She looked down and a thrill ran though her--she held a sword. Not her own, but a training sword.

Her eyes moved upward and out, taking in the broad strech of sand, her whole body shaking with a fear she thought she would never know again. Her hand unclenched and, under normal circumstances the sword would have fallen from her hand. She stared numbly at it.

Wood creaked--a loud protesting sound from across the arena. She tried to rid herself of the sword again but it would not fall from her hand. Her feet seemed to sink deeper into the sand, as if it were quicksand but she knew it was not. It was that kind of challange.

A woman about her height stalked out of the gate across the arena toward her, a sheild and sword glinting in the midday sun. Rowena swallowed and watched the woman's black hair swing to and fro across her back. She knew was it was tied with, she knew how Raia fought.

Gregory wouldn't admit to himself he felt uncomfortable. He needed to keep Rowena busy, that was all. Busy until he was finished and his illusion, though complicated would be more than enough.
Rathsarann's fire had done more damage than he expected during the inital sweep and then laced the inital wounds with more fire. Some of the gashes that should have been open were sewn shut by the fire. Gregory flinched and began his work of gently healing as best he could.

Rowena's body was surrounded by a bluish, indistinct light. It flickered around her; a barrier that kept those around her, those Gregory had not seen, from touching her.

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 29, 2004 - 10:19 am

"Are you alright?" Hashin asked Rowena.

Posted By: Magus Dec 29, 2004 - 01:38 pm

Jacatour reached Rowena just after Hashin did and just before Yissam. Shabel-Grah and Thomas arrived next. The necromancer felt a presence behind him and knew it must be Hex. Lancet still hovered in the air, although she seemed to be nearing the others and Elenor was nowhere to be found.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 29, 2004 - 05:11 pm

Rieze shuddered as she slew her last orc and silently followed the others to rowena. she stood silently as the others tried to rouse rowena. she surveyed the battlefield and solwly put away her new weapons, looping them through her belt. she called her horse and he came, pulling her cloak to her. rieze twirled it and put it on, pulling on the long hood, veiling her face in darkness. lithely, she swung herself atop the saddle, looking down on her companion as she lay prone beside her enemy. a brave soul. Rieze found respect for her in her heart.

Posted By: Null Dec 31, 2004 - 06:12 am

The air and light began to get a little ticked at null... How could he, in the pretense of spreading peace, be killing so?

They would have no more of it.

And thus, the man was revealed.

His hood had fallen in the battle, long strands of hair the color of ripe wheat whipping around in the fray...

His body seemed no more than an extension of the music he sang, fluid in it's melody of death and destruction... his fingers tore the throats from orcs before they knew what face thier death wore.

The few orcs that remained within his reach fell quickly, and those that saw his workings turned to other foes... He made his way to the fallen cojac, his song testing... he memorized the departing soul's melody... For use later...

His body almost melted across the field, rowena's song the next addition to his repetoire...

He bowed beside the woman, his hair falling to brush against the ground, his body seeming almost ephemeral... his lips whispering wordless phrases, matching her song slowly...

Posted By: Neurolanis Dec 31, 2004 - 07:29 am

the bluish light seemed very strange indeed. Hashin wasn't sure what it signified.

Amongst the dead Orc bodies moved a Klundor's. Rathsarann had been badly burned, and had fallen unconscious. His wounds were bad. He was dying, but but wasn't dead yet. His eyes turned to his bloddy sword. With an effort, he reached over and took hold of its grip, his fingers locking in around it like claws.

Posted By: Magus Dec 31, 2004 - 11:37 am

Yissam looked at the figure and gave a strong smile.

"So," He started, "will you introduce yourself now?"

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Dec 31, 2004 - 07:36 pm

Rieze drew her swords, flung herself from the horse and at a moment was at the Klundor's side, her blade at his neck.

"try it. just try and hurt her. your head may find itself longing for your neck before long. listen and listen hard, klundor. your fight is with her, rowena. i would not have interfered but i cannot let you harm her as she remains defenseless. i will not hurt you unless you make me. you will wait until she can face you. and keep what honor you still have. got it?" she asked, pressing the heel of her boot into the small crevice of his shoulder and neck.

Posted By: SirJill Dec 31, 2004 - 08:31 pm

What in hell's bells was the elf thing doing?

Gregory stopped in his healing, trying to figure out, without giving his positon away. He hovered, magically inside the sheild and watched as the figure's lips moved. Gregory looked back at Rowena's outer form and saw that she was responding, and to some degree fighting, to the spells he had set in place.

Were her lips moving?

He hovered closer, looking at the body from the outside and trying to see--yes! They moved in an odd syncopation with the figures. He checked her pulse and found it mildly steady. She was doing relatively well and the burns were peeling back and dropping off, much like a snake shedding it's skin.
Gregory moved back, watching his handiwork fall away, and noting with satisfaction the fresh, healty skin underneath. After his work was done he would investigate this interfearing other.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 01, 2005 - 05:55 pm

"You are ALL so annoying to the last," groaned Rathsarann. "But if I'm gonna die ... then I'm taking HER with me. Outa my way," said Rathsarann, barging through Rieze as he moved with a last, desperate charge to take Rowena out for good.

Posted By: Magus Jan 02, 2005 - 05:52 am

Jacatour had been sullenly silent this entire time. But now was different.

In a blurr he had placed himself between the crazed Klundor and Rowena. The brothers were drawn.

"Take one more step towards her and I will bleed you like a stuck pig!" He shouted with the fury of the Gods. "I will skewer your heart, if you truly have one!"

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Jan 02, 2005 - 03:16 pm

Rieze twirled, letting loose her sai. it was aimed right at the middle of his back. she would not let him take down her friend. it was high time he passed on. she shouted to warn Jacatour who was confronting the klundor.

"Aiii!"

Posted By: Magus Jan 02, 2005 - 05:27 pm

Jacatour didn't move, although he knew very well that he could die here, either by accident or design. But if he moved now he would offer the Klundor opportunity to harm Rowena. And that was something that he was not willing to do.

So he didn't move. He stood his ground and waited for what would come.

Posted By: Mir Jan 03, 2005 - 05:53 am

Elenor motioned for Beast to drop his load. Five Klundors hit the ground uncerimoniously, all bound in black strands of magic, and she watched as the event unfolded. She needn't worry about the last Klundor, he was being taken care of quite nicely, it was the elf that had her attention. He held such amazing power, it was almost unthinkable.

"Beast, guard them." She motioned vaugely to the klundors and moved closer to see what was happening.

Lancet hovered over the highest point of the battle, watching, but not daring to interfere. Elenor had told her to stay, and so she would. The disk had remained strong through the entire time, and she had no doubt that it would remain so.

Hex opened her eyes and watched, not daring to lower the pipes. She sensed that her music was still having an effect, and she could feel the presence in the back of her mind retreating. She knew when she stopped playing, it would slam into her full force.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 03, 2005 - 01:00 pm

Rathsarann kept around Rieze with difficulty, heading for Rwoena with his sword raised. He didn't notice the fall of the other Klundors.

Posted By: Magus Jan 03, 2005 - 02:29 pm

Yissam watched the events unfold in front of him. This was no longer his battle. In truth, it never had been. But he would not interfere unless his action became a necessity.

Shabel-Grah watched as well. He had used Hex's power and had been amazed with the results. He had cast some of his mightiest spells and he was not yet even winded. What powers were in Hex to give her such... energy and depth of magic? The necromancer shuddered simply at the thought.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Jan 03, 2005 - 04:49 pm

Rieze hummed lowly, calling her weapon back to her. she caught it and hurled herself at Rathsarann. she set herself in front of him.

"i dunno VHAT is vrong vit your hearing, klundor!" she hummed a song of power in the back of her throat. 'it makes you scream.'she remembered.

Posted By: Mir Jan 04, 2005 - 08:46 am

Elenor watched blandly, wondering who would kill the wounded Klundor. She almost felt sorry for the creature, she was sure that he had been powerful, but was throwing his life away. She cast a glance at the remaining Klundors, at least she had something to show for her effort, and Beast was becoming quite an asset.

Posted By: SirJill Jan 04, 2005 - 11:00 am

Reluctantly Gregory pulled Rowena out of her illusion and let her move forward. She was surprised but with Rathsarann rushing toward her she knew what to do.
Rieze stood between them and Rowena knew he would not hesitate to attack her should she stay in his way. Her foot shot out and collided with the back of Rieze's calf, dropping her to the ground. She had just enough time to sit up and wedge her sword in between the two of them just as Rathsarann reached her. It was almost impossible to keep him from being impaled.

Posted By: Mir Jan 04, 2005 - 11:06 am

Hex's body was growing tired. She couldn't maintain the song much longer, it was sapping at her energy now to maintain its effect. She had to give it up.

With a mental sigh, she lowered the pipe. The presence in the back of her mind slammed against her mental barriers, and her legs immediately gave out from under her and she crumpled to the ground, her energy completely drained. She maintained her grip on the pipes, but was otherwise helpless as she lay there. The area around her seemed to grow fuzzy as her vision began to blur and dim. A small squeak escaped from her before she completely fell unconscious.

Posted By: Null Jan 04, 2005 - 12:49 pm

Power...

Now there was a notion foreign to him.

He had not the power to become invisible,

He had not the power to make his bed in the bossom of the earth.

In truth, he had no power at all. As a child, he had lost almost every fight he had been in...

What he had... No, ALL he had... was music.

His lips stopped their steady chanting when the woman came too, her song memorized yet unneeded, filed away for later use... the healthy people around the circle imprinted their songs upon him without him even needing to repeat them, so strong was their will... he took them in as well.

The man rose, the blood fast running from the fabric of his cloak... the living fibres detested blood; It was animal, beastial, something not of them.

He listened to the man address him, the tongue he used foreign to his ears... Had it really been that long? He had known most all of the trade languages in the country before he had laid down to sleep...

The earth sure asked a price for her protection.

He listened to the man's skin, to the half-alive steel that resided upon him, to his hair and to his eyes... his eyes had a music of their own... hmm...

His ears perked, then; as a song flared, clashed like sword against sheild... Sightless eyes rolled in their sockets, and the blank-masked visage of the man turned from the group... and to the falling body of the pipe player.

"Exum Di."

He utterd, excusing himself... in an instant, he was gone, moving across the battlefield to Hex's side... So many songs. So little time.

Posted By: Mir Jan 04, 2005 - 01:37 pm

Somewhere deep inside of Hex's mind she lay quietly, allowing all of the power and darkness to flow over her. She could still hear the thuds as the presence in the back of her mind bashed itself against her mental barriers futiley. As long as she lay here recovering, her barriers would hold steady. For now she was safe.

Posted By: Magus Jan 04, 2005 - 02:45 pm

"HEX!" Shabel-Grah ran to his sister-Necromancer's side. He didn't know what to do, for perhaps the first time in his life, since that instant at the Jaded Wayfarer in, and also from the death of his former life, he knew nothing that he could do. He had not learned the skills of the soul-pipe during his tutilage, never had the skill for it. And now he didn't know of any way of helping his fellow of the craft. He just sat by her side, held her hand, and tried to comfort her as best as he could with words and spells.

But nothing seemed to be going through. She seemed off on her own, even her very soul. She was off on her own. Even the connection of magic that he shared, and had tapped into, with her seemed to vanish at the end of her last song.

Posted By: Mir Jan 04, 2005 - 02:57 pm

Elenor's attention shifted to Hex. She shouldered her way through everyone, dropping into a kneel by the Klundor's side. she prodded Hex for several moments, then clenched her fist. A burst of green flames appeared around it, illuminating Hex eerily.

"She's gone into hiding agian. It's her safety against all that has been done to her." Elenor leaned forward and touched her hand to Hex's forehead. Slowly Hex's eyes fluttered open. She tightened her hand around Shabel-Grah's, and in her half lucid state, reached out for him, "Vell?"

Posted By: Magus Jan 04, 2005 - 03:01 pm

"A defense that is no doubt a direct cause of what you did to her." The necromancer said coldly.

Posted By: Mir Jan 04, 2005 - 03:06 pm

Elenor smiled slightly, "She would not have exsisted if I had not done this to her. She would still be as evil as you consider me, seeking to dominate the world. Even so, she is an incomplete creature, and has learned to fill herself with the magics as I contain Beast."

Hex still lay quite still, her eyes barely open, "Vell, is that you?"

Posted By: Magus Jan 04, 2005 - 03:19 pm

"You're such a humanitarian." Shabel retorted. "And am I to assume that there was no ulterior motive or advantage gained when you performed your selfless act of charity on her?"

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 04, 2005 - 05:24 pm

Rowena's blade had hit the spot. Rathsarann's arm fell to the ground. The blade had also cut into his chest. Rathsarann fell to his knees, and fell foward. He was dead.

Hashin looked with depaeration as Rathrarann dashed to Rowena and Rieze had blocked the way. Rowena had run between them ... and now the Klundor was dead. He was glad. Looking about him, the battle seemed won.

The Orcs were defeated!

Posted By: Magus Jan 04, 2005 - 06:48 pm

Mil Relevo was only a hilltop away. He could now make out some of the ones gathered at the scene of the battle. There was a shaman and several warriors. But--- There was the Half-Orc!

And, where that creature stood, nearby did the illusionist's brother lie. And he knew that this was his fate. His was to heal the hurts of his past life.

Posted By: Mir Jan 05, 2005 - 07:49 am

Elenor pressed a soothing hand on Hex's forehead, "I got the knowledge of the experiment, and the satisfaction of serving with my master. In a strange way, he was like a father to me; even though he did to me what I did to others."

She gave a strange expression, one that had never crossed her face before, a true smile, "Calmly now sister, he is not Vell."

Posted By: Magus Jan 05, 2005 - 12:32 pm

"Who is this Vell? Why does she call for him?" Shabel-Grah asked, if not a bit defensively. He was unsure of this Vell. Was it another experiment, or the master this witch had served under?

Posted By: Mir Jan 05, 2005 - 01:03 pm

"Vell..." Elenor's smile faded, "Is the love that Hex was forced to see and lose again. From what she told me, he was a human warrior."

Elenor's look turned to one of cold disdain and she stood, making a motion to the floating disk. It slowly lowered to the ground, Lancet sitting calmly in the center of it. Lancet stood as the disk approached the ground, stepping off gently and quickly, "Elenor..."

Elenor looked at the child, and nodded slightly, "Tend to your Aunt Hex. We cannot allow her to suffer, I gave my word..." She looked over her shoulder at Shabel-Grah, "...and that is something that I must keep."

Lancet approached Hex, bathed in a soft glow. She knelt by the fallen necromancer and gently took her free hand, "Quietly Aunt...quietly." Hex's eyes closed and she returned to a seemingly sleep like state.

Posted By: Magus Jan 05, 2005 - 02:29 pm

"Your word?" He snorted, "And of what worth is that? I ask you, when have you ever kept it?"

Posted By: Mir Jan 05, 2005 - 02:36 pm

Elenor abruptly halted, turning to face Shabel-Grah. Her face was a mask of perfectly cold and calculating calm. There was no emotion there...none at all. She stood perfectly still as she spoke, "My word is the one thing that I honor above all else. I have never...never broken a vow." She took a step forward, "I have been very tolerant of you Necromancer, I have helped you and lowered myself to do so. I do not expect that you will ever like me, few have...but I demand that you respect me. I have not betrayed you...nor do I intend to...so do not tread on my honor."

Posted By: Magus Jan 05, 2005 - 02:54 pm

"Your honor? You would help a man with no soul acquire all the power he has ever dreamed of for the sport of watching him and turn around and give his brother power enough to equal him. Tell me, is this honorable? Is this another experiment? Am I your sport now? Or..." He said, motioning towards Hex, "Is she?"

Posted By: Mir Jan 05, 2005 - 02:59 pm

Elenor's eyes narrowed dangerously, "My acts may not be honorable in your eyes, but I am of a different breed. My word is my honor, and once I give it there is nothing short of death that can stop me from keeping them. I gave Hex my word that I would help her, as I gave Lancet my word that I would protect her. Despite what you think, I know Hex better than you do..." She looked to the fallen form of Hex, "Just becuase I can not feel sympathy or pity for her does not mean that I am ignorant to her plight."

She huffed slightly, "As for your question, I am not performing experiments as I once did, even not so long ago. I have something more important to see to now."

Posted By: SirJill Jan 06, 2005 - 10:49 am

Rowena was glad the others had left her alone. She sank back against the earth, Rathsarann's body next to her. She crawled over and took his pulse, half afraid of what she might feel. But no. There was no movement under her fingers, no rush of blood: Rathsarann was dead.
Shivering--she didn't know why--she pulled back and pushed a a few swords and orc limbs away so she could lie down. Sleep would be so good now.

Posted By: Magus Jan 06, 2005 - 03:00 pm

Jacatour approached Rowena, but stopped several yards short of her. There was an uncomfortable still and silence in the air. It was if the world itself had ceased to be.

It was not right. She needed time for herself, he could see that. But still, he did not move a muscle.

Posted By: Mir Jan 06, 2005 - 03:09 pm

Beast bent low over the helpless klundors, his teeth barred in a snarl. He knew that he wasnt' supposed to hurt them yet...but she had said nothing about intimidating them a little. A low growl rumbled out of his throat.

Posted By: Magus Jan 06, 2005 - 03:13 pm

"So does your experiment back there, the one that is not the same as what you've done before, follow your code of ethics and honor?" Shabel-Grah asked sarcastically, motioning towards the beast intimidating the Klundors.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 06, 2005 - 06:37 pm

"Vell." The name rang through Hashin's mind. Had he heard of it before? From where. Or perhaps he was simply confused by all the chaos around them.

Posted By: SirJill Jan 07, 2005 - 04:11 am

Rowena tensed slightly and turned her head. She struggled upward and looked behind her at Jacatour, propping herself up with one hand. Her fingers dug slightly into the dirt and she swallowed opening her mouth to say something. But it was too much, there was too large a lump in her throat and she turned away.

Posted By: Mir Jan 07, 2005 - 08:06 am

Elenor glanced back at Beast, "That was created by my perfect self, the one I faced in your brother's spell. It obeys me and protects me because without me it is nothing. I am its link to this world." She shrugged, "During the fight it acting perfectly, and now it guards as I ordered it too, and as you can see, it has not destroyed them yet."

Posted By: Magus Jan 07, 2005 - 12:30 pm

"Yet," He said sullenly, "is the key word."

Posted By: Mir Jan 07, 2005 - 12:32 pm

Elenor turned back and quirked an eyebrow, "Nor will he, for if I wished to, I could expell him, and he would cease to exsist."

Posted By: Magus Jan 07, 2005 - 12:32 pm

Jacatour watched Rowena. He watched her watch him, who in turn watched her.

He struggled just to breath, nevermind speaking. What would he say? He loved her, but with a third party it was rather awkard to speak. But he loved her, he knew that now.

"Milady," He started suddenly, "ye fight well. Yer victory was well won."

Posted By: Mir Jan 07, 2005 - 12:36 pm

Beast stopped growling at the Klundors, no longer amused by their fear. He was growing bored with being seperated from his host. At least he could rest inside of her...there was nothing left for him to do here but stand watch over helpless captives. He poked his nose in the air, sniffing to see if there was any more enemies nearby that he might tear into.

Posted By: Magus Jan 07, 2005 - 12:37 pm

"Then why do you suffer such a beast to live?" Sabel asked. "You know it is evil. You know that it will turn on you first chance it can. So why?"

Posted By: Mir Jan 07, 2005 - 12:43 pm

Elenor blinked at him, "I suffer such a beast to live because he vastly improves my powers...his presence both protects me and allows me access to spells and powers contained within him." She raised her arm so that it was in plain veiw, flexing the paw with its mighty claws, "It is also a very large part of me now. If I were to expell it, I would be much like Hex, only half a soul. Such is the fate of many of the experiments." Her face was drawn as she spoke, revealing a lamenting regret for her past, but the look passed quickly.

Posted By: Magus Jan 07, 2005 - 01:13 pm

"Only fare that what goes around comes around." Shabel-Grah said coldly. Somehow his patience and open mind were gone and closed with this woman. He had asked her how she could suffer her beast to live. How could he suffer this one to?

Posted By: Mir Jan 07, 2005 - 02:11 pm

Elenor smiled slightly, "I see that you have no pity for me, nor do I blame you...but let me explain why I yet live. I am intellegent in many ways, and those that went against me were destroyed more often by my master than by me. I was and remain still his most cherished creation, so I live to honor his memory and to protect that which was so kindly returned to me." She made a motion towards where Lancet kneeled by Hex, "Of all of the things I have brought to bear, she is the only one you have not questioned. Her and I are much the same, and she was derived from me, do you not hate her as well?"

Posted By: Magus Jan 07, 2005 - 02:37 pm

"Didn't you say that she was you before you chose the darkened path? And do you seriously expect me to barage a child the same as I would a foul abjeror like yourself?"

Posted By: Mir Jan 07, 2005 - 02:42 pm

Elenor's smile widened, "She is as much an experiment as Hex, myself, and even Beast are. You see not what I was when you look at her, but what was taken from me. I never was so pure, I was born with a blackened soul that drove me to seek power. My master channeled that soul to a purpose, and I am what I am now because of him. I was designed specifically for the task of replacing him one day, yet I have no desire to...for I realize that I could never do what he did."

Posted By: Magus Jan 07, 2005 - 02:46 pm

Shabel-Grah rose his voice with absolute fury at the abjeror. "You think that it was his fault that you are what you are now? It was never his choice. You had the choice, you always have had it! And it's your fault, not His, that you are as you are!"

Posted By: Mir Jan 07, 2005 - 02:50 pm

Elenor's smile wilted, "What I did, I did out of love. My soul was black, but it was not loveless. He took me in and treated me kindly, as gently as one treats the most precious thing they own. I gave up my soul for him, and that's the most that you can give."

Posted By: Magus Jan 07, 2005 - 02:58 pm

"Maybe..." Shabel was lost in his own thoughts. There was one thing more that was greater, but the mere thought of it disgusted him.

Posted By: Mir Jan 07, 2005 - 03:06 pm

Elenor's expression reamained slightly troubled, "I gave him my soul, my life, my mind, my body, and my power to use as he needed, if there was anything else I could have. He was everything to me, and even in my black soul, my love for him remains strong."

Posted By: SirJill Jan 07, 2005 - 05:02 pm

Rowena nodded and then frowned. "Since when have I ever been a lady?" She asked, looking at him again.
She bit the inside of her cheek and struggled to maintain the eye contact, sure he would notice her odd behavior but trying to keep herself under control just as it was. She knew she was tired and needed sleep but there was something in either his eyes or the way he held himself that made her force her eyes open.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Jan 07, 2005 - 05:17 pm

Rieze had not expected an attack from behind, from rowena. she found herself on the ground, her leg burning. the heat of battle ebbed from her body and she felt tired, hurt. seeing Jacatour with Rowena, she smiled, slowly sliding away. she sheated her weapons and looked around. her side hurt, like a sharp poker. she looked down and found a small dagger wedged in her side. the hilt was plain and black, unadorned. she grimaced as she took hold of the hilt. with a gasp she pulled it from her side. the blade was bloody, slippery. she accidentally dropped it, slicing her finger. she swore loudly and colorfully, looking around for hashin to patch her up.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 07, 2005 - 05:38 pm

"What happened?" asked Hashin, steping near. He had been chanting over the dead demon-ogre's body.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:09 am

Posted By: Magus Jan 07, 2005 - 08:57 pm

"Why, you've been a lady since your mother birthed you, a wee one at first and now grown into the strong one I see before me." Jacatour said simply, as if common knowledge. "You have always been what you are, a woman of righteous inner strength and constitution."

Posted By: Mir Jan 08, 2005 - 12:51 pm

Lancet knelt by Hex, infusing her with healing energies. She knew that Hex was suffering, but it would pass soon, the trauma of the fight had thrown her back into an uncertain spell...she would recover soon, and pull out of the coma that she now lay in.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Jan 09, 2005 - 11:38 am

Rieze felt woozy, perhaps from the loss of blood flowing from her wound. she bit her bottom lip almost chewing through it, and finally moved her hand, exposing the wound to show the shaman. it wasnt particularly gruesome, but it was deep and had hid one of her few soft spots. she heard Hashin's question and it took a few moments for her muddled brains to process it and come up with an answer.

"i dunno. it must have happened during the battle, i didnt notice until now."

she turned the small dagger over on the ground with the toe of her boot.

"it is orcish i think. i feel as though ive seen it before." she said with a hint of detachment in her voice. she spoke as if she was far away. it certainly looked like orcish craftsmanship but it seemed to small for such a beast to wield. and yet. . .something seemed so familiar about the markings on the middle of the blade. . . . the memory pulled at the back of her mind.

flames licking the sky. screams of men, women, children locked in their burning homes. the smell of burning flesh. the sight of her dead twin sister, sprawled on the grass, an orc looming over her corpse. the stickyness of his blood as she separated it from his body. she was seventeen at the time.

the memory was too strong. rieze's eyes opened wide and she saw darkness. . .she wondered why she didnt feel herself hit the cool grass.

Posted By: Magus Jan 09, 2005 - 12:17 pm

Yissam kept his usual quite disposition and seemed to melt in back with the scenery. He kept an eye and an ear on Jacatour and Rowena, and scanned everything else with the other eye and ear.

He would stood back and viewed everything, all of the corpses of the dead and all of the wounds of the living. He felt indifferent to it all excepet...

Except he didn't. He supposed that this was the first time, other then with Aliandra and, of course, his own brother, that he had felt such emotions about any other then Orcs, his own kind. He supposed that it would make others more open, but it in fact made him shy away some more and look inward as he watched outward.

Posted By: Mir Jan 09, 2005 - 01:25 pm

Elenor's moment of vulnerability quickly passed, and she resumed her cold expression. She quickly dusted herself off, motioning to the Klundors that she had managed to capture, "As for them, what would you like for me to do? They are quite helpless right now." She snapped her fingers and Beast fell to his haunches and perked his ears towards her questioningly, waiting for a respons.

Posted By: Magus Jan 09, 2005 - 02:45 pm

"Would my voice change the matter at all?" The necromancer asked, his own expression returning to the cold teely one that came so naturally when he was around this abjuror.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 09, 2005 - 04:10 pm

Hashin felt compassion for Rieze. Being a shaman, he could feel the emotions storming around her like cold water.

Posted By: Magus Jan 09, 2005 - 06:18 pm

Yissam stood off in the shadows by himself. He had kept his own company, his own council, for so long he felt incapable to do any else. this was who he was.

He diverted, at last, from the scene of his brother and Rowena. His sharp eyes hardly moved at all when he saw it, and cursed himself for not seeing it earlier.

There was a man, so distant that he could hardly make it out himself. But he wore a black cloak with gold runes on it and rode a black mount. He was headed straight for them, and Yissam had to stare a little harder, for he hardly believed what he saw. It was Shabel-Grah he saw, his brother's friend the Necromancer, who rode at them in the far distance.

Posted By: SirJill Jan 10, 2005 - 04:46 am

Rowena snorted. "Believe what you want." She said quietly. "I've never considered myself a lady and I doubt anyone besides you have either." She sat up and closed her eyes for a moment and then shivered. "Are we making camp here? What's going on?"

Digger had turned back. Elira was pinned in the back of his mind and he kept a firm hold on her as he guided his horse though the trees. Their tracks were easy to follow, and he knew that Rowena, or whomever she had been infused with had not expected him to persue the party.
His hands clenched around the reins. What if she had left the party, searching for him? What if this was a false trail?
He shut his eyes and sank back in the saddle. It was all a lie. If there was one thing he knew, this was a trail Rowena had traveled, and he was bound to follow it.

Posted By: Mir Jan 10, 2005 - 07:14 am

Elenor sighed, "You seem to be the leader of this band wizard, so yes, your thoughts and voice count. Perhaps I should have simply killed them, but old habits are die hard, and I am used to taking prisoners alive." She glanced at the Kludors, "At least if they show potential."

She seemed deep in thought for a moment, then snapped her fingers again, "Beast, get rid of your refuse."

Beast cocked his head slightly, whining; when there was no response, he stretched forward and heaved, spilling several half dissolved carcasses that had once been orcs onto the ground. He looked questioningly at Elenor, his notched ears pointed forward.

Elenor nodded, "Good Beast."

Posted By: Magus Jan 10, 2005 - 11:54 am

Yissam saw it more clearly now. The rider was a mage, he knew that much. judging by his garb he was either an abjuror or an illusionist, he was not sure which. But whoever it was, he was heading for them. He had no doubt.

"Necromancer!" He called to Shabel-Grah, who turned his head to him, happy to find another matter to tend to outside of that abjurer. "There is a rider coming our way. Can you tell of what speciality he is?"

Shabel-Strained his eyes to where Yissam must have been talking of, but saw nothing. His sight was not as the Orcs, or even half-orcs. "No. My eyes are human, afterall, and no more. I see nothing."

Posted By: Mir Jan 10, 2005 - 12:06 pm

Elenor's head snapped around, her eyes narrowing..."It can't be..."

Posted By: Magus Jan 10, 2005 - 01:55 pm

"Is it..." Shabel-Grah thoughts drove into a mad frenzy. Could it be that his brother had finally made his way towards them? "Yissam! What is he wearing!"

Yissam didn't have to even look again to answer that. "He's wearing a black cloak with golden runes abouty it. And he is unmistakably of your likeness. Is there something you'd like to share, Necromancer?"

"It's him. It's Sabal."

Posted By: Mir Jan 10, 2005 - 02:04 pm

Elenor huffed, "Beast, protect Hex and Lancet. Do not let that rider near them!"

Posted By: Magus Jan 10, 2005 - 02:18 pm

"Don't worry about them. He's after me, he always has been. But this time he will not live to fight another day. I will personally make sure of that; For my father and mother, for my love, I will send him into the abyss, in a dark so deep not even he could conjure forth light!"

Posted By: Mir Jan 10, 2005 - 02:24 pm

Elenor's look didn't change. She didn't seem nervous at all, "You may still channel Hex's power...she is merely meditating now."

Posted By: Magus Jan 10, 2005 - 02:27 pm

"Are you sure that's wise? She didn't seem to take my using her before all that well. Just look how she is now."

Sabal-Gah was closer. His vague form could now be seen indistinctly, almost blurry. But it was there, even to Shabel's human eyes. And he could tell he was moving in fast as lightening with wings.

Posted By: Mir Jan 10, 2005 - 02:29 pm

Elenor nodded, "She collapsed before because you closed the tap too quickly. Right now she is the perfect conduit for energy."

Posted By: Magus Jan 10, 2005 - 02:31 pm

"If I have... your word... that it will not harm her, then I will use it. Do I?"

Posted By: Mir Jan 10, 2005 - 02:34 pm

Elenor looked over at Lancet, quirking an eyebrow. The young elf nodded back, and Elenor made a curt gesture, "You have my word, and Lancet shall be with her."

Posted By: Magus Jan 10, 2005 - 02:37 pm

"Very well then." He said monotonously. Sabal was nearing, now a miniature but discernable figure on the horizon that steadly grew and grew. He would just have to hope that Elenor had nt lied when she told him of what her word was.

Posted By: Mir Jan 10, 2005 - 02:40 pm

Hex was sweating slightly as she lay quietly. Deep inside, she could feel a presence that was very dear to her, and he was in trouble. She opened the gates to her power, letting it flow freely. The power gushed into her, running like a mighty river, much more than had been there earlier.

Posted By: Magus Jan 10, 2005 - 02:42 pm

Shabel-Grah began walking slowly out. He would not face his brother in the cowardly manner that Shabel was used to facing. He would face his brother out in the open, in clear plain view. He began to tap into Hex's power. He prayed to every God, angel and demon that came to mind that it would be enough. Gods, just let it be enough.

Posted By: Mir Jan 10, 2005 - 02:46 pm

Something moved deeper inside of Hex, something that she had not felt in a long time, and her walls crumbled under the force of the nearly limitless power that streamed in.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 10, 2005 - 06:34 pm

"Sable-Grah," said Hashin. At last, he could see his friend's brother. The souless wizard.

Posted By: Magus Jan 10, 2005 - 06:35 pm

Mil Relevo began to see more clearly the figures. He saw his brother and sped up to meet him. Shame it had to be in battle, but he had been the soul cause of it, hadn't he?

Posted By: SirJill Jan 11, 2005 - 04:32 am

Digger saw a horseman ahead of him. He blinked, the man looked vaguely familiar--no, wait, Digger knew him. He kicked his horse forward and shouted quietly. "Sabal-Gah!"
This was the man who was supposed to kill his brother, his brother that Rowena was with, or had escaped from. His brother was a tie to Rowena that Digger could not pass up. He rode faster, coming up behind the man.

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 06:17 am

Beast rose slightly, half walking half loping towards where Lancet knelt by Hex. He reached them within a few strides and lowered himself down next to them, keeping a wary eye on the approaching figures.

Posted By: Magus Jan 11, 2005 - 11:53 am

Sabal-Gah, or rather Mil Relevo,t turned at the call of his old name. He recognized the figure, another phantom of his old life.

"I will ride you down if you follow and kill you if you interfere!" He shouted, meening every word. Having a soul meant he could now choose and appreciate his actions, it didn't meen he was unable to kill.

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 11:56 am

Elenor's sensitive ears easily picked up the call. She glanced over to make sure that beast was in place and then turned to watch the events unfold.

Posted By: Magus Jan 11, 2005 - 11:59 am

"You hear?" He called again. "You interfere and I will slit your Gods •••••• throat!"

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 12:04 pm

Elenor continued to watch and listen, her eyebrows arching with interest. Evidently the other had made it out as well.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 11, 2005 - 12:06 pm

Hashin did the same.

Posted By: Magus Jan 11, 2005 - 12:07 pm

Mil formed an illusion, or manifested one, of flame that burned in his palm. He streatched his hand out and aimed at Digger. The flame grew all the more and lept with excited crackles.

"Make yourself scarce or, I assure you, you will die!"

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 12:17 pm

Elenor shook her head, indeed, he didn't seem that much changed. She had wondered what a soul would do to him mentally and in his heart, and so far it appeared that there was little if any change.

Posted By: *_* fiery red *_* Jan 11, 2005 - 12:32 pm

Rieze expected to see her sister again, in the garden. But she didn't. A voice floated into the darkness, her friend Aizlyn's voice.

"Wake up! Do not sleep now! Repress your emotions and memories. Do not let them control you! You are not weak!" Aizlyn sounded angry. A shock ran through Rieze's body, like being struck by lightning. She sat straight up, her head almost bumping into Hashin's but narrowly missing. She looked around, disoriented and confused for a moment.

"Vhat? Vhere? Oh!" she said, her focus returning . . . "hello Hashin. Have you been vatching over me vhilest i snoozed?" she asked in a amiable tone, smiling sunnily. It was nice to think she had someone watching her back. It never lasted long though, she had learned to appriciate friendship such as this while it lasted.

"Vhat is it? Vhat's vrong Hashin?" she thought she read faces pretty well, and something seemed to be bothering the shaman. She gingerly got to her feet, steeling away her emotions and memories into a little room in her head. She felt cold, like ice running through her veins. Then she noticed the figure on the horizon.

"Vho is dat?" she asked, cautiously and distractedly. She asked tho she already knew. even as a novice aura-reader she recognized the aura of Sabal-Gah. something was different, off it seemed. oh! there was MaLain, the dirty traitor!

at the sight of him, Rieze's sais found their way into her hands, once again ignoring the bleeding gash in her side.

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 12:53 pm

Hex lay deathly still, all of the color drained from her face. She seemed slightly listless, even hyper in her stillness, as if she were battling something internally.

Lancet leaned over her and stroked her hair, feeding soothing energy into the troubled mind. She knew that Hex was struggling, but also knew that her powers were needed, and she would come out of this shortly...or so Lancet hoped.

Posted By: Magus Jan 11, 2005 - 01:30 pm

Mil Relevo went to fling the fire at Digger, end his life before he could meddle any. But something inside of him, his soul perhaps, or maybe his new concious, forced him against it. INstead he flung the ball out in front of the path of the horse. It streatch across as far as his eye could see and towered a good height above. It would prevent his intereference temporarily. He silently cursed himself for this new soul of his.

"Stay away!" He shouted, and moved on.

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 01:32 pm

Elenor's eyes widened as she watched the act. Had that been mercy? Or was the wizard simply saving the other for some later use?

Posted By: Magus Jan 11, 2005 - 02:00 pm

Shabel-Grah reached a space at a comfortable, or at least as comfortable as could be, between his brother and his friends... yes, friends. He would not, could not, suffer Sabal to live.

He tapped into Hex's power, let it envelope and fill him. And then he released it.

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 02:08 pm

Elenor watched carefully, knowing that what she was about to witness was true power.

Posted By: Magus Jan 11, 2005 - 02:27 pm

Death. This is a Necromancer's true power. One of the art must learn of life, yes, but of death most of all. For all things in life come to death, and a Necromancer strives to learn and understand death, but not become its master. But, through consequence, a necromancer may control death, shape it to his will. Therefore, a necromancer is a master of all things that were.

Shabel-Grah channeled what power he dared, and then dared to channel some more. To defeat his brother would take some doing and now was his time. Now was his fight, his battle.

And this was the best grounds for such a battle, from a necromancer's perspective, at least. The ground was ripe with corpses from the battle just prior. The field was soaked in blood and littered with the bodies of the dead. No sight was ever so macabre to his eyes, none have ever been more beautiful.

Slowly the power gathered from Hex and came to him. But it did not stop there-no. Others needed it.

In the foreground on his sight, Shabel saw an arm twitch spastically and then steady. Slowly, almost regally, the corpse rose.

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 02:30 pm

Beast sent a warning howl at the corpse, not wanting one so recently slain to rise, even though he understood the power behind it. He was not one to enjoy those that came back to life...the dead should stay that way.

Posted By: Magus Jan 11, 2005 - 02:35 pm

Another corpse rose like the first, followed by two more, then by three. Shabel-Grah weilded more power every second he and Hex were connected as they were, and every second he would raise more undead to assist him in battle.

But then there were the matter of the corpses too damaged to be fully formed warriors once more. He had a thought, a very macabre stroke of genious, on how to use them. But he would have to gather more power first.

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 02:38 pm

The mane on Beast's neck rose as he felt the flow of power from the one so close to him. He snarled, but held his posistion, doint as he had been bade.

Posted By: Magus Jan 11, 2005 - 02:43 pm

The army of corpses was growing steadly stronger in number. Before there had been only a handful, but now there were a good three or four dozen.

Evil grins of cracked and broken teeth greeted the living. Hewn limbs twitched and moved, whatever limbs remained on the Orcs strongly groped at damaged swords, menacing spears and crude bows.

Those who could not find an actual weapon made do with what they could find. Many grasped chunks of sharp metal while others held a fistful of arrows. Some even took the clawed arms on the ground and weilded them as swords.

And more were coming. There were plenty more where these came from.

Posted By: Mir Jan 11, 2005 - 02:48 pm

Elenor watched, not speaking nor moving. Truly the power of Shabel Grah and Hex together was astounding. She could not remember such overwhelming power before, yet knew that this was only the begining.

Posted By: SirJill Jan 11, 2005 - 02:52 pm

Rowena scrabbled to her feet weakly, staring at the two brothers. She backed away and collapsed limply against a tree, supporting herself there as she watched, her mouth open.

Posted By: Magus Jan 11, 2005 - 02:52 pm

The crops had been sewn. Now the reaping of corpses was nigh at hand.

And this harvest be bountiful beyond compare.

Posted By: Mir Jan 12, 2005 - 09:45 am

Beast growled deep in hsi throat. It was not fair that all of these corpses had returned. He had killed some of them...they should still be dead. He wished badly that he could attack them and destroy them for good, but he had been ordered to guard these two. He cast a vicious glance at the young elf and incapacitated Klundor.

Posted By: Magus Jan 12, 2005 - 10:24 am

A devilish laugh rose to Shabel's lips at that last thought of his. He would have to remember it.

But the army grew. Fresh and Stale corpses alike were recruited into the ranks and grabbed what weaponry they could.

They had formed a loose semicircle around the Necromancer and, at the tip, was a rather large and brutish looking Orc nearly three times as large as Yissam himself. He held a sword that couls give Angoraath a run for its money, if it had any merits other then steel, that is.

He was the first to charge. Even death could not stop his insatiable lust for blood and flesh.

Posted By: Mir Jan 12, 2005 - 11:57 am

Elenor curled her lip in disgust at the corpses...realizing even as she did so that it wasn't her feelings that had caused it. She cast a glare at Beast, giving him a motion for him to be still. His feeling of hatred for this had to be strong indeed if it could influence her.

Posted By: Magus Jan 12, 2005 - 12:49 pm

The corpses followed the lead of the first. They charged the lone illusionist rider, screaming their war cries and brandishing their makeshift weapons with savage grace.

More corpses rose from the field, many joined in. Several held back and stayed near the necromancer. He required them for his plan.

Posted By: Mir Jan 12, 2005 - 01:41 pm

Beast watched warily as the corpses charged. He didn't like seeing dead things move...he really didn't like seeing dead things move...

Posted By: Magus Jan 12, 2005 - 05:29 pm

Blindly foreward they charge. No, not blindly. They saw only Sabal-Gah, Mil Relevo, and it was him that they were charging for. It was him they were brought back to deal with and had no other purpose, except a long rest and peaceful journy to the other side once their services were concluded on this side of the sea.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 12, 2005 - 05:57 pm

"I don't know what Shabel-Grah is thinking," said Hashin to Rieze. "He plays with the dead too much. Were he not my friend ..." Hashin looked about the dead with concern and compassion. He felt for them, but he knew that Shabel-Grah knew well the dangers of his brother, and how best to combat them. Had he aught to stand by and do nothing. He looked to Rieze, as if for an answer to his unasked question.

Posted By: Magus Jan 12, 2005 - 06:34 pm

The straggling band of undead had grown into a formidible force charging the illusionist. And yet other parts of corpses to small to use began twitching and moving around, although not towards the charge. Blood began to pool and combine into crimson pools. He prayed that his plan would work.

Posted By: Magus Jan 14, 2005 - 11:13 am

Mil Relevo saw the undead. He was surprized to find compassion in his soul for them, but knew that his brother was no vile man. He was not abusing the dead, only calling upon their services. But still, their sight disgusted him.

But in his new soul he knew that they were no longer living. He knew that they were without min or soul, only animated flesh. They would not feel pain and neither did they fear death.

Mil Relevo focussed. From his own thoughts he produced a maginificent long bow and magically enchanted arrows. These were of the kind he had long since used on his own. When one hit the undead, they were rendered lifeless once more.

He held onto his beloved steed firmly with his legs, squeezing them tighly to the equine's frame. He notched an arrow, took aim, and fired.

Posted By: Mir Jan 14, 2005 - 12:14 pm

Beast ducked at the sight of the bow. That was something that would injure him as little could. It would render him helpless, and he must not let that happen...not yet.

Posted By: Magus Jan 14, 2005 - 01:12 pm

The leading Orc was struck in the chest. There was a dull thud as it pierced the flesh and another dull thud when he hit the ground, a lifeless corpse once more.

Mil shot twice more and two more corpses changed to what they should be, lifeless. But as each one fell it rose mere moments later. They had be reresurrected.

"Gods." He whispered breathlessly.

Never before had his brother managed so many ressurections in so little time. What power had his brother gained since their last encounter? Probably the same amount as he.

Mil Relevo found a rather bitter irony in the situation. In their youth to their manhood they had always been equals in every way, especially in magic. One could not break away from the other, at least for any real length of time. He found it surprising that he should be shocked that his brother had once more closed the gap between their abilities.

"Well done, Shabel." He whispered again as he rode. "Well done."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:16 am

Posted By: Magus Jan 22, 2005 - 07:47 pm

The flotsom and jensom of flesh and dismembered ligements had gathered and spread across the field evenly, like a blanket for the earth.

It stood in a semi-circle all in front of Shabel-Grah. And he smiled sinestrously as his brother broke into the circle.

Posted By: * raye * Jan 23, 2005 - 01:48 pm

(dont worry, its fiery red- same problem as mir/xyster-refer to disscussion)

"nor will I" replied Rieze looking from Hashin over to Yassim as they stood on the sidelines of this monumental battle.

Posted By: Magus Jan 23, 2005 - 01:57 pm

Mil Relevo broke through the border of the circle of corpses. He rode on for only a few more feet, however.

A dismembered arm sprang to life. It grasped onto the horse's leg and dug it's jagged claws into the beast's flesh. Another arm, and another and another joined in. Legs tripped up the steed as arms and hands, claws and torso's relieved of their appendeges clasped onto it desperately. Fingers and toes and little chunks of flesh flew into it's face. The poor creature was overcome with the tides of rotten bits of corpses and was then drowned in their spilt blood.

Mil Relevo jumped off the beast before its death. Anger swept over him as he watched his new and only friend died a horrible horrible death. He glared at his brother with a fury that was met in Shabel-Grah's own eyes.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 24, 2005 - 03:20 pm

A large Orc jumped out from behind a fallen oak. He was dressed in dark red plate armor, and swung a spiked mace in one hand and a large black dagger in the other. His hair was long and braided. This was no regular Orc. Hashin swung under the large ten-foot-Orc's mace, but the creature's dagger slashed the shaman's sword aside. It kicked out at Hashin, and the force of it sent him back, plashing into a large puddle. He was down. The strange Orc came quickly over him, both weapons raised to finish the deed.

Posted By: Magus Jan 24, 2005 - 03:43 pm

"Hold it friend." Yissam said in his cold slow manner. Angoraath was raised to the Orc's throat, so quick was he with the blade that the action had been nigh unseeable to a common spectator. "If you move I'm apt to slip. And I doubt that you'd enjoy that."

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 24, 2005 - 03:47 pm

The Orc turned to Yissam with discust, yet with a knowing grin.

Hashin was surprised -- Yissam to his aid?

"If you want a piece o' me, BROTHARR, zan zo be it!"

Posted By: Magus Jan 24, 2005 - 03:51 pm

"Ye will not touch him, nor the girl nor any other of my friends. You fight is with me, if you're not too cowardly to accept a challenge, that is."

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 24, 2005 - 03:56 pm

"Fool! You know not who I zam? The SALAGOLM zay call 'e! I am hav dead and havv ALIVE! I slay biggar foo zan you!" In a flash the large Orc elbowed away Yissam's blade, and came down with his mightu mace for the brave Orc's head.

Posted By: Magus Jan 24, 2005 - 04:32 pm

Yissam smiled wryly. His eyes were ice and his movements quick, but resembling a statue more then a man. As the mace came down Yissam simply, within an eye's blink, stepped aside and lept in the air, landing in the head of the mace.

"Is this the extent of you skill? Pathetic."

Posted By: Xyster Jan 25, 2005 - 05:07 am

Lancet reached out and ran a hand along Beast's back, not seeming to be troubled at all by his acidic flesh. Slowly Beast's growls eased, and he sat back on his haunches, watching the fight.

Elenor quick stepped across the battle field, making it to where the Klundors were bound and helpless. She watched the battle as it was going...and the marvelous horse as it disappeared. In the back of her mind...she knew that she'd have to do something about that.

Posted By: Magus Jan 25, 2005 - 11:59 am

"I will gut you like a pig Shabel!" Mil Relevo shouted at his brother as he mourned the death of his horse, the only friend he had ever had. His scimitar erupted in cold flames of azure that licked and tasted the air.

Shabel-Garh took macabre pleasure in his brother's new senses. He now could feel as fraction of what Shabel himself had fealt for what seemed to him as the past age.

He smiled wryly. And, as he did, one of the severed arms dug its grip into the illusionist's leg. And then another, and another...

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 25, 2005 - 05:15 pm

"I vork for za Klundor you HUMANS slay!" bellowed the large Orc. "But I am no Orc. I am many thingz." The large Orc blew out as a gust of wind through Yissam, and was no more.

Laying in the cold puddle, Hashin sighed. "My thanks ... Yissam," he said.

Posted By: Magus Jan 25, 2005 - 05:42 pm

Yissam look at Hashin, but not as he did before. His eyes were still as ice, but as slowly melting ice. He looked at him steely, but with respect and compassion.

"It seems that I did very little. By the looks of it you should that the wind."

Posted By: Xyster Jan 25, 2005 - 05:50 pm

Elenor watched the battle as it unfolded, not able to help the rising feeling she was getting. She knew that with all of the energies flying about...it would be so simple for her to perform a couple of experiments without anyone noticing.

She looked away from the battle for a moment, to the helpless Klundors lying bound on the ground. With thier life force, there was little restraint on what she could do.

Posted By: SirJill Jan 26, 2005 - 03:51 am

Rowena opened her eyes and pried herself off the ground. How had she slept with this noise? She looked around and understood with a sudden clarity--she'd been unconscious. But for how long?

Across the strand of trees where she had been laying battle was going on. She stood up, leaning weakly against the tree, her sword dragging in her hand. Her eyes fell on Shabel-Grah and what could be his brother. Was this then, the final battle?

Posted By: Xyster Jan 26, 2005 - 04:38 am

Elenor looked down at the helpless prisoners again. She realized that if she truly wanted to go through with this...she would have to do it now, while no one was paying attention to her. Otherwise, Shabel-Grah would attempt to stop her. She knelt down by the Klundors and grasped the rope of darkness on one, pulling him away from the others.

She raised her paw into the air, a dark glow surrounding it. She'd have to work quickly.

Posted By: Magus Jan 26, 2005 - 12:27 pm

Jacatour sat still, his legs crossed along with his arms. The brothers lay across his lap and his eyes ever watched the battle.

"How did ye rest?" He asked Rowena, his attention still on the battle.

Posted By: Xyster Jan 26, 2005 - 01:36 pm

Elenor quickly brought her paw down, slapping it across the Klundor's face, witch suddenly disintegtrated into ashes, followed closely by the rest of his body. A small floating essence was all that was left. Elenor quickly reached out and snagged it with her paw, slicing at it as she worked feverishly to get this completed before anyone noticed what she was doing...though she could almost feel someone watching her.

Posted By: Magus Jan 26, 2005 - 01:44 pm

And somebody was. Thomas couldn't ind the courage to watch the battle of his master and his master's twin, not yet at least. And here he found himself, lying in hiding as only a rabbit could and watching these strange events unfold.

He justified himself. 'Shabel-Grah will want to know of it. He'll thank me later'. But it was not the truth, not fully, at least. In truth he was frightened. And, for that, he was ashamed.

Posted By: Xyster Jan 27, 2005 - 05:22 am

Elenor reached out and took hold of another of the Kludors, this one erupted into flames under her touch. She snagged the essence out of the inferno and slammed it into the other she held, molding them together.

She worked quickly, her motions almost a blur as she grabbed two more of the Klundors, one turning to ice, which shattered under a hard blow, and one dissipating into smoke. Both left floating essences that Elenor grabbed, slicing at them and molding the shreds back together, while selecting a discarding certain shreds.

She stopped for a moment, allowing the energy within her to build for the last sacrafice, knowing that this poor creature would suffer the most painful of deaths...but that his essence was vital for what she was doing.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 27, 2005 - 06:37 am

Hashin, to his feet, looked about him for the Orc creature who had turned to wind. "I think I know who he is," sighed the shaman. "He goes by many names. I know him as Kerr. He is a dead shaman. He can take on psyical form but for a short time, but then the form weakens. You're lucky that you had not faced him sooner, as I am lucky to have survived it, and to have been granted your aid."

Posted By: Xyster Jan 27, 2005 - 08:45 am

Elenor reached out, driving her hand clear through the remaining Klundor's chest, as it came out the other side, the essence appeared in it, a dull glowing thing that barely seemed as powerful as the others had been.

Quickly, Elenor yanked her hand back, pulling the Klundor forward as she did so, and spraying herself with crimson blood. The Klundor collapsed to the ground, clutching at his chest and groaning in agony. With each utterance of pain, the essence grew stronger.

Elenor caught the essence in her paw with the others, knowing that she would have to finish before the Klundor died, or all of it would have been in vain. His death would ultimately seal the power that she was creating.

Quickly, she moved to where the horse's mutilated corpse was, as it was the only one that hadn't been reanimated, and thus the only one she could use for such an experiment.

She grabbed the creature's skull and pinned it to the ground, slamming the essences that she held into an empty eye socket. There was a flash of darkness, then nothing happened for a moment.

Posted By: * raye * Jan 27, 2005 - 09:18 am

Rieze had stood silently, her hands on the blades of her sais. she cracked a wry grin at the serious comments coming from her friends.

"ahhh, someone who switches forms you say? and a warrior all the same. i am curious to meet this Kerr, it sounds as if we may have something in common." she looked to the wind blowing around her and called out a challenge in a friendly tone.

"if he would face me in any form he likes I would be honored to exchange a few neutral words, perhaps." in a show of good will, Rieze pulled her sais from her belt and dropped them to the ground at her feet where they stuck in the ground.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 27, 2005 - 11:44 am

"I'm not sure there'd be much said," spoke Hashin. "Kerr is not known for words. I know little of him, only that he is not living and thus, although he can take on forms, he is not classified as a Shapeshifter. But then I cannot be sure that it was him. Kerr was a rather large Orc, so I assumed ... " Hashin's eyes turned to the falling Klundor. What was that pale-skinned Elf Elenor up to?

Posted By: SirJill Jan 27, 2005 - 11:48 am

Rowena blinked and looked over at Jacatour, surprised she hadn't noticed him immediately. She shook her head, brushing off his question and replacing it with one of her own, "What's going on over there?"

Posted By: Magus Jan 27, 2005 - 12:35 pm

"A battle." He said simply, and left it at that. Words had never been what had suited him best.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 27, 2005 - 01:35 pm

Orcs came dashing from the woods, holding large spears and axes. Five leaders raced with large swords, baring a resemlance to the large Orc who had turned to wind. "Huh?" came Hashin outloud. Very strange. Were these Orcs led by Kerr? He was a powerful spirit, interested in matters of the deep wood, not of mortal battles. This just didn't add up.

Posted By: Magus Jan 27, 2005 - 05:34 pm

"Hail." Yissam said stolidly.

He didn't know of what faction these Orcs belonged. But he saw that these Orcs, unlike the ones being rebirthed all about them, were not a sham and disgrace. These were fine Orcish soldiers, masters of their warrior craft. To cross blades with them, even for him, would be risky. It would be best not to risk a battle, even though one seemed quite evident in wait.

"What brings ye to this tomb, brother Orcs? What brings ye here?"

Posted By: Xyster Jan 28, 2005 - 04:43 am

Elenor waited for a moment, and then she saw what she had been waiting for. There was a stir of life from one of the horse's detatched limbs. Slowly the whole coprse was pulling itself together.

She watched as the hacked legs dragged themselves closer and began knitting themselves back to the horse.

She stood over the thing, ignoring all else as she watched the creature's eyes move and it rock back and forth, trying to gain it's feet.

The creature was no longer truly a horse, it appeared horselike at first glance, but where the right eye should be, there was a glowing orb. The body was still partly missing, but was rapidly being filled in by a dark and gooey sludge that was hardening into scaly skin. The tail was now that of a dragon, and it had two additional legs in the front, both tipped with claws like a dragon.

The abomination stood slowly, working its way to its feet for the first time, with Elenor watching interestedly. She had made this for Hex, so that the Klundor would have some protection. The essences that had made it were without memories of anykind, as was the corpse that she had used. Its entire purpose in life was what she had bred into it, protect Hex.

The thing stumbled to its feet clumsily, like something that had just been born. It carefully began picking its way across the field, headed for where Hex lay helpless.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 28, 2005 - 05:44 am

Hashin noticed the large creature, and with concern and curiosity followed after it.

"EH?" came one of the five identical leaders. "Dare be Orcs 'n Humungs tagethar? What IZ diz?"

Another looked to Yissam, curiosity sparkling in his eye. "They be great warriors, Brother. We are a branch of za Orcish soldiers, or we used ta be, but no more. We follow Kerr the Great nowh. Whom do you serve?"

"What do it madder?" came the other. "Dae slaughtar ORC!"

"Hear 'em out, Brother, lest we do za same."

Posted By: Xyster Jan 28, 2005 - 09:02 am

The creature continued to stumble across the field, not seeming to be able to find the coordination that it required to walk straight. Despite everyting else that was happening around it, it trudged along towards Hex, still in a partially formed state. The Klundor that had been the last sacrafice was still clinging desperately to life, preventing the creature's completion.

It groaned slightly, nudging bodies out of the way as it progressed.

Posted By: * raye * Jan 28, 2005 - 12:37 pm

Rieze's hands had been outstretched, palms up. with the slightest twitch of her fingers, her sais flew out of the ground and into her hands. she raised an eyebrow in brief surprise. she had not been able to do that before. . .

"Appearences may decieve you, Great Orcs of Kerr. Ve serve no von. no von save our selves. Ve are bound together only by friendship. Go ahead Yassim, tell them vhat ve're doing here." she said, smoothly passing the duty of perhaps coming up with an elaborate lie to the one they would believe.

Posted By: Magus Jan 28, 2005 - 01:14 pm

Yissam silently marveled and cursed her words. She obviously had little dealings with full breed Orcs.

"Brother Orcs, this woman speaks in sooth. We serve none save ourselves. We were on business of our own in these parts when these disgraceful Orcs you see about you attacked in in a most cowardly fasion. They turned their backs on their kind and followed a Klundor. We did service to all Orcs by relieving them of their lives."

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 28, 2005 - 03:53 pm

"I see," said the one Orc, who appeared the oldest of the almost idenical five leaders. "Our business is in service to Kerr. We seek a band of men who stole an ancient artifact from the Golden Tree deep from za wood. I can see you are not these. We shall be on our way then."

"Eldest Brother," spoke one of the others. "Kerr is mad at them for all the fuss they have caused. The tree spirits be unsettled."

"Tezpasserz," snarled another. "I can kull zam magzelf."

"No," spoke the elder brother. "Ve'll be on our way. Our paths may meet again."

With that, these Orcs were off.

Posted By: * raye * Jan 29, 2005 - 09:07 am

Rieze watched them leave and puzzeled silently. when she poke it was slowly and her words had been chosen carefully.

"Did anyvon else feel dat dere vas something a little off about dem? ah vhell, it must have been my imagination." as she said this, a sharp pain cut into her head like a red-hot poker. she saw the face of an elf, smooth and unmarred but sallow and waxy. his blue blue eyes were open wide, staring at nothing. they were empty and flat, he was dead. then, the face dissappeared and Rieze's vision returned. she was sitting on the ground with no recolection of how she got there and her companions were staring curiously at her.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 30, 2005 - 10:44 am

"Rieze?" came Hashin. He had knelt down to see her. "What happened? You passed out for a moment."

Posted By: Magus Jan 30, 2005 - 05:56 pm

The Orc ligements grappled at Mil Relevo. The dug their claws and fangs into his body, encumbering him. He was held fast were he was, right where Shabel-Grah wanted him.

The necromancer look into his brothers eyes with cold fury as he slowly advanced upon him. "I've waited a long time for this Sabal... for so very long."

He unsheathed his dagger and brought it over his shoulder. Without another word, or even another thought, he let fly the blade at his brother with all of his rage and sorrow.

Posted By: Xyster Jan 31, 2005 - 05:25 am

Elenor watched the creature stumbling, wishing that the final Klundor would die and finish the spell. Her magics were based on his death and the stubborn thing continued to hold onto life. She moved to him and stared at him, gasping what had to be his final breaths.

He glared at her with the purest hatred and rage, yet she could feel no remorse for what she had done. Her soul felt empathy for some, but could not pity this creature that had attacked their party so cowardly. She felt a slight smirk crawl across her face, and did not bother to wipe it away.

Posted By: Magus Jan 31, 2005 - 12:01 pm

The dagger stopped less then a foot from the illusionist's face. A translucent wall of pale blue energy forced it slowly away. White lightening and crimson sparks erupted from the blade as it was begrudgingly pushed back. Finally Shabel gave a wave of his hand and the enchanted blade returned to him.

Mil Relevo smiled, almost as if embaressed.

"I've improved brother. I'm worlds beyond yo0u now."

"DO not fall into the trap of thinking you are not the only one who has had help... let alone help from the same •••••• Abjuror!"

Mil Relevo smiled wryly. "I had already assumed that from your magnificent display of necromancy. But trust me. I am your superior despte that. She did one Hell of a number on me Shabel, one Hell of a number. And trust me when I say that before long you will see to what extent!"

Instantly the limbs that had surrounded and encumbered the mage burst into brilliant white flame and were reduced to no more then ashes, much to small for Shabel-Grah to bring back, and Mil knew it.

"Let me show you a new spin on an old trick. You may remember this..."

The image of the illusionist shimmered slightly. It grew slowly out of focus until there were actually two of him, one moving to his right.

"...from our previous encounter. But I can assure you..."

Another blur and another slow blurr out of focus. This time it moved to hisa left and became another Mil Relevo.

"...that these are no illusions. Watch! I have just tripled my numbers. YOu don't stand... a ghost of a chance."

The one on the left crossed over quickly, running to the right and the other inverted the action. The origional himself charged down the middle, straight at Shabel-Grah.

Posted By: Xyster Jan 31, 2005 - 12:07 pm

Elenor felt the power rising behind her and turned to see what was happening. She needed to make sure that Hex had enough power to continue this fight. She could not afford to let Shabel-Grah lose, not when so much was at stake.

She truned back to the Klundor, "Die already, I have other things to do."

Posted By: * raye * Jan 31, 2005 - 03:22 pm

Rieze looked at Hashin for a moment, as if unsure of who he was. "the eyes. . . " she whispered, shuddering. as she said it, something warned her against telling the others. it would only worry then. blame it on the scenery, yes, thats what she would do. hashin would suspect but that could not be helped. she banished the face from her head, all that lingered was the brief wisp of recolection as if from a dream. she shook her head for good measure and smiled blandly at her concerned friend as she stood, brushing grass from her pants.

"Is nothing . . . Dis place, it spooks me." she explained lamely. she turned away from the shaman, facing the battle so he would not see the lie in her eyes.

Posted By: Neurolanis Jan 31, 2005 - 05:42 pm

Hashin knew that there was more to it than that. He wasn't one to speak out in such matters; he usually believed that silence was best, and especially now that Shabel-Grah was at last battling his brother. But he decided to bring it up at another time.

Posted By: Magus Jan 31, 2005 - 06:32 pm

In a soft flash of gray light a long wavy-bladed dagger appeared in one of the Relevo's hands. A sickle appeared in anothers. The origional still wielded his enchanted blade.

But Shabel-Grah would not perish so easily as this. His twin had forgotten about his craft, necromancy. He still controlled the dead, and they were still under his power. They had laid in wait, but had not dissapeared at all.

A large Orc in crimson stained plate mail armor lept over the Necromancer's shoulder and swung his great sword down upon the illusionist with the sickle with both of his hands. That Mil Relevo materialized a great iron shield in his hand, which proved to be a mistake. The weight of the shield bore down on his arm and the blow to it crushed his right arm. Ignoring the pain he lept backwards and repositioned himself safely away from the undead Orc who was being joined by some fellow undead.

Two more Orcs lept over the right and attacked the dagger-wielding copy. This one manifested a jet of scroching fire from his palm, which erupted in the face of one of the Orcs. He lept back as the corpse fell to the earth, relieved of it's head and the left half of it's torso. He lept back to the left and to the right and to the left again, dodging the blows from the second Orc who was being joined by more from all over the field of battle. Even the charred half of an Orc hat had prieviously fallen had rissen to resume battle.

And Mil Relevo, the first and origional, the wielder of the enchanted scimitar, rushed down the center. He swung his sword at Shabel-Grah who quickly upthrusted with his dagger. As contact was made a shower of lightening erupted from the blade and blasted the necromancer backwards.

He regained his balanced as his feet dug into the cold unforgiving earth.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 01, 2005 - 04:35 am

Elenor looked over, her eyes following the battle and her heart knowing that the Klundor must die soon, for she needed to concentrate on other matters, such as reinforcing Hex's powers. She merely needed to make contact with Hex, and allow her powers to channel more energy into the other.

Elenor heard a gasp and looked down, seeing the Klundor's eyes becoming glossy. His head lolled to the side, and a trickle of blood began to run from his ears. He was in the last stages of his death.

Posted By: * raye * Feb 01, 2005 - 12:40 pm

Rieze shook off the nagging guilt that weighed on her mind since she had lied to her friend and watched the battle with a professional style of interest. she liked to watch the styles of others as they fought; to pick out their weaknesses in case they became HER foe later on. but this was a brother's quarrel and Rieze truly hoped Shabel-Grah would be the victor. she bit her bottom lip, as she tended to do when she concentrated or was concerned.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 01, 2005 - 12:52 pm

"Finally, you only prolonged your agony."

She reached down and placed her hand in the last of the blood that was flowing from him, casually walking across the battle field, following the creature that she had made.

As she caught up to it, she slapped it across the back with her palm, leaving a bloody mark. The creature's ears pricked up slightly, and it looked around with a much more intellegent expression.

Posted By: Magus Feb 01, 2005 - 03:53 pm

"Molto REA MACHEAR!!"

A projectile of clear energy jetted forth from Shabel-Grah's right hand. His brother put up a shield of the same trnaslucency in a flash. But this did not hold up to the others. It slowly dimmed and faded and altogether dissapeared, and then his body was ravaged by the spell.

"MOLTO REEVO MADRAE!!"

Ten thin missiles of golden light erupted from Shabel's fingertips and pierced easily through his brother's flesh. The wounds were instantly cauterized, so great was the heat from the spell.

But Mil Relevo still stood, his head lowered almost as if dead. But then he upped his face and gave a disgusting smirk of triumph. In his hand which he now raised was a potion that Shabel-Grah recognized. It was a complex draught of healing, one he himself prided the make of. His brother had created his own with an illusion. And before Shabel-Grah could stop him he downed the vial and threw the bottle at his brother, which then turned into an iron trident that rocketed straight for the brother's heart.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 02, 2005 - 04:44 am

Elenor watched the new developement with interest, hurrying to Hex's side. She knelt down beside Lancet, seeing that the little girl was still pouring healing energy into the Klundor.

With one hand and one paw, Elenor reached out and took Hex's hand, allowing the dark energy to flow through her and into the semi-conscious body that lay before her.

With the addition of the new power, Hex's body began to literally glow with a dark energy, the power hardly being able to be contained. There was no way that Shabel Grah could lose from lack of power now...not after Elenor began channeling as well.

Posted By: * raye * Feb 02, 2005 - 09:17 am

"Woah" Rieze remarked qietly as she watched the brother's duel in awe.

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 02, 2005 - 01:14 pm

Hashin cleaned off his sword with a black rag.

Posted By: Magus Feb 02, 2005 - 01:40 pm

The illusionist conjurred a thin metal throwing star and flung it at the dagger. It became a blurr in the air and deflected the dagger. But Shabel-Grah was ready for such a trick.

No sooner had it been deflected had he shot his hand out and muttured a one word spell. A bolt of lightening shot from his hand and incinerated Mil Relevo's cloak as well as most of his chest.

As he fell he materialized a field of arrows that jutted at his brother. Shabel-Grah was pin-cusioned from head to toe, blood flowing like water from his body.

And then both fell and lay on the ground. Both dead. Thomas, the familiar of Shabel-Grah of Lycoria, had born witness o it all. And he gave no head to the two Mil Relevo's still doing battle with the undead, the two who were slowly being torn savagely apart. He gave no head to any of it. He only cared about his dead master, and ran to him clicking madly in his own tongue.

Posted By: Magus Feb 03, 2005 - 10:34 am

Thomas poured over his dead master. He screamed and swore and prayed and begged, but only his clicking language came out. He washed Shabel's body with his tears and his screams echoed in the valley.

He moved to the fallen necromancer's face. He gingerly moved closer and sniffed the air around it. He pulled away woth a start, for he smelled death upon him. He crawled back to that face, that beutiful face of his master, and began to lick at it.

It was as if, somehow, his pain and sorrow could bring Shabel-Grah back to him. But it could not. Such things were in children's stories. But life never turned out like children's stories. Life was cold and dead and final.

Jacatour lost the smile of confidence on his face. Slowly, moving as one of the undead which were now falling innanimate one at a time scattered anew across the bloodied field of two battles. he made his way over to his long-time friend and comrade.

His mouth was agape. He didn't say a word and his silence spoke volumes. But anything one ever needed to know was in his eyes; the loss, the pain and the fear. Before Shabel-Grah he had only known pain and knew that without his friend that pain would return. He knew that there would never be another like this friend. No others were so kind, no others could share the pain that they both had.

His heart was empty and a numbness stole away what little breathe and movement he had. He collapsed on his knees on one side of Shabel-Grah. He grabbed one of his hands and held it. This was the greatest man... the greatest person that he had ever known. And now he had left him.

So distraut as he was he didn't even realize that Yissam was behind him.

"So passes a great mage. So passes a great man."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 03, 2005 - 10:49 am

Elenor felt a jolt as the connection between Hex and Shabel snapped. She turned and looked, seeing the end result of the battle. Quickly, she pulled her hands away from Hex, knowing that the Klundor could not handle such power alone.

With a grace beyond her norm, she stood...her eyes haunted. She had seen deaths worse before, but she had not cared then. The sight of the dead necromancer nearly drove her to her knees with the feelings of guilt, yet she knew that she couldn't have done differently, not before she had recovered Lancet.

Elenor hastily glanced at the kneeling girl, making sure that she hadn't disappeared during Sabal's death...that could have truly broken Elenor.

Lancet remained by Hex's side, pouring more healing energy than ever into the Klundor, for Hex appeared to be dying as well. The sudden sundering of the link...with her already delicate state...did not bode well for her.

Posted By: Magus Feb 03, 2005 - 11:08 am

A warm feeling began to creep into Thomas, Jacatour too, as well as anybody who was in eyeshot of the body. A low and beautiful humming erupted at once from the bodies of the brothers as well as a soft pink glow from both of their chests. It seemed as welll the origions of the music.

Slowly a buldge rose from their chests and it was not until they clear the clothing that what it was could be seen. It was their Orceth Jewels, the two that they shared. It sank back down, but not onto their bodies. It seeped into them, into their very souls.

And then the singing stopped but the faintly purple tinted pink light exploded from the bodies, from all over their bodies. It turned blinding and then began to dissapate.

Thomas fell to the ground in front of him, still blinded by the light. Jacatour felt the hand he held simply fade away from him. And then the light retreated from a new source.

The bodies had dissapeared. But, halfway between where they had once been, stood a figure. The light retreated into this figure until all of it way gone, like some errant mist that was being drawn into a giant's lungs.

There he was alive and well, but different. What little difference there had been between the brothers was gone. The cloak was neither the black and gold of Sabal nor the Crimson and gold of Shabel. It was equally devided into Crimson and black and duelly trimmed in gold.

His hair was pure silver and fell like fine silk ribbons from his head to his shoulder blades. His features were like a fine statue and his skin like creme.

There he stood; a new man. He was neither Shabel-Grah nor Sabal-Gah. But neither was he apart from them. He was the perfect joining of the brothers.

"No, Yissam." He said. It held in it the love and compassion of the necromancer, but carried the sly cunning and weight of the illusionist. "Thus is not the end of a great man, but the beginning of a new one. Thus is a birth, not a death. So weep not Thomas, your master is by your side once more."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 03, 2005 - 11:13 am

Elenor watched with a strange expression...one she had never experience before...awe. She knelt down, sinking slowly to the ground lest she fall. She turned and looked to lancet, seeing that she had pulled away from Hex...and was looking at the body strangely.

Lancet peered over at Elenor, ignoring the joining, for she had felt it and knew, "They took her soul...it no longer resides in this body..."

Elenor's eyes widened...and she collapsed.

Posted By: Magus Feb 03, 2005 - 11:20 am

It was Jacatour who first spoke to the stranger. "Shabel? IS that... you Shabel?"

The stranger gave a smile, so familiar and yet so strange to the Half-Orc. "No... and yes. I am the necromancer and yet I am not."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 03, 2005 - 11:27 am

Lancet stood, moving over to Elenor. She crouched by the fallen form, brushing her hair back out of her eyes. Quietly she began humming a tune, one that vibrated through the dead and dying, but did not touch the living. This was a call for souls to return...a rope thrown into the darkness of death for Elenor to grab. She hoped that Elenor would bring back Hex as well...knowing that she was the goal of this journey.

Elenor had taken a mighty risk with this venture.

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 04, 2005 - 07:50 am

Hashin was taken by the event, which seemed both beautiful and tragic to him. the two were now one, and the one both was and was not his his friend Shabel-Grah.

Posted By: Magus Feb 04, 2005 - 09:43 am

"I believe Shabel-Rae would be fitting for my new name. I don't suppose I... Shabel-Grah, ever really explained his name's meening, did he?"

Posted By: Xyster Feb 04, 2005 - 10:03 am

Elenor suddenly sat up, her eyes opening wide, yet still being vacant. She stood and blindly wandered over to Hex's body, collapsing onto it and laying very very still again. Beast growled worriedly, and Hex's new creature whimpered as it nuzzled them.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:24 am

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 04, 2005 - 05:13 pm

"I believe not," replied Hashin.

Posted By: Magus Feb 04, 2005 - 07:05 pm

Shabel-Rae gave a warm smile to the shaman. "Shabel is a title. It is of a tongue rarely uttered in such a day as this. It meens Guardian, or watcher. It is one common to Necromancers, as the watch life and guard over both the living and the dead. And Rae... well, it meens reborn. My name is Shabel-Rae, the reborn watcher."

Posted By: * raye * Feb 05, 2005 - 01:09 pm

Rieze had watched the proceedings as she slowly approached the place where the two brothers had been joined as one. She smiled, a true, unguarded smile that lit up her eyes, turning them from the deep black to a live, sparkling purple. She'd resheathed her sais on her belt, drawn to the spot not by a feeling or the sight of the necromancer's death, but instead by the mournful cries of the rabbit, Thomas. She easily understood his clicking language, it was part of her as well.

"Shabel-Rae. Not entirely different, not entirely the same. And yet, friend, you still speak in riddles." she said jokingly as she became part of the group surrounding this new-but old- acquaintance. She knelt briefly, patting the rabbit's head comfortingly as she spoke in the clicking tounge.

"Such devotion you have shown your master, such loyalty. Is something we all could learn from." she said as she stood, her stony mask of reserve sliding back into place, closing out all visible traces of any kind of emotion. this was her sheild from the world. inside, she was both happy and sad at the same time. how was that possible?

Posted By: * raye * Feb 05, 2005 - 01:31 pm

In all the confusion, not a soul noticed as Nikiera and Tierny wandered a safe distance away. Nikiera extended an index finger and drew a vertical line in the air in front of her. there was a slight ripping sound as if paper had been torn and a seam appeared, floating in the air. Nikiera and Tierny stepped through it and Nikiera uttered a single phrase as they dissappeared.

"we are coming, o powerful one, we shall heed your summons."

Posted By: Magus Feb 05, 2005 - 02:50 pm

"Do I?" He asked in an amused voice, filled with a happyness that neither brother had ever had the luxury of knowing, each for his own reason. "But the answers to all riddles become obvious, painfully at times, when the answer is given. What has been seen cannot be unseen."

Thomas stepped gingerly by Shabel-Rae's side. He sniffed once and then twice. He gave his own shout of joy and climbed up onto the sorceror's shoulder.

"And I am glad for you Thomas. Never would I have seen through to the light from the darkness within had it not been for you." Then he kissed the brow of Thomas and looked to the others. "But I am afraid that there is business here that must be taken care of ere long. You all know of what I speak."

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 05, 2005 - 03:46 pm

Hashin nearly felt as though he was being watched. Probably nothing.

Posted By: Magus Feb 05, 2005 - 06:20 pm

Yissam stared at this new wizard, this conjuror who himself had been conjurred of the dead. "What is the business of which you speak?"

Posted By: * raye * Feb 06, 2005 - 10:03 am

to these comments, Rieze remained pointedly silent, wrestling with the plaguing image of the dead elf's face that tried to surface in her mind. she willed her face to stay stony, her purply black eyes the only windows into her mind and soul. these she decidedly cast downward, wondering if the nightmarish image had anything to do with what Shabel-Rae spoke of.

Posted By: Magus Feb 06, 2005 - 10:51 am

"The final jewel of Orceth." Shabel-Rae said plainly. "It must not be left for others. Who here would take possesion of it? Or would it be better shattered and scattered all across Lycoria?"

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 06, 2005 - 04:25 pm

"I'm not sure it could be desroyed," said Hashin.

Posted By: Magus Feb 06, 2005 - 05:21 pm

"Then who here would have the courage to take it? I doubt that I myself could carry the set of all three, even when two compose my body I doubt it can be done. One among us must safe guard it."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 05:20 am

Lancet heard the others speaking, and knew that it was time for her to step up. She could no longer hide the truth from the others, not when both Elenor and Hex could not speak. Both of her fallen family knew how to break the jewel...and so did she. She slowly stood and walked forwards, her wide, innocent and knowing eyes focused on her goal.

She made her way to the group, standing not three feet from Shabel-Rae, "I know how to break the stone."

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 11:55 am

Shabel-Rae turned slowly and looked kindly at Hex, not unlike a loving Grandfather would look at his favorite granddaughter. "Do you know of a way? If so I would be greatlt in your debt if you could pay me the kindness to do so, so that the •••••• gem can be scattered to the four winds of the world."

Posted By: * raye * Feb 07, 2005 - 12:27 pm

Rieze's eyes went a cold ice blue as she looked at Shabel-Rae. they were wide and staring as if she was afraid, and yet, they seemed blank.

"That would not stop them." she intoned raspily, a voice quite unlike her wn lilting one. " you must make certain it cannot be pieced together, ever again."

then, as if nothing had happened, Rieze's eyes became the slightly hooded mysterious balck again. she smiled wanly and looked at the ground.

"ahhhem. i think im coming down with something" she coughed fakely for effect.

"Apologies"

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 12:40 pm

The mage eyed her amusingly. "That's quite alright. No need to apologize... for a cold. Now," He said, turuing to Lancet, "Lancet, could they be pieced together?"

Posted By: * raye * Feb 07, 2005 - 01:01 pm

Rieze knew he had not been fooled but kept quite, content that the spotlight had been moved away from her.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 01:18 pm

Lancet looked up, "Elenor and Hex could shatter them, but to prevent them from being brought together...that is difficult. There is a way...but the jewel must be shattered before it is carried out...and sacrafices must be made."

She looked over to where Hex and Elenor lay, a slight frown creasing her otherwise pleasant face, "I do not know if either would be willing to do that..."

Posted By: * raye * Feb 07, 2005 - 01:23 pm

Rieze looked at the girl, an odd expression on her face.

"what sacrifice? might another be able to make it in their stead? they have been through so much already. . . "

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 01:28 pm

"Hex...she might, but her love holds her back, as does Elenor's duty to me." Lancet spoke quietly, her voice barely audible.

Posted By: * raye * Feb 07, 2005 - 01:34 pm

"I would make the sacrifice." Rieze said quietly, her respect for the little girl making her mask melt away, revealing a kind expression.

"if I was able to. what is it?"

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 01:38 pm

Lancet looked to Rieze, a sad expression on her face, "Only those that shatter the Jewel can make the sacrafice, and ultimately, it must be Hex or Elenor. It is their destiny."

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 01:53 pm

"What sacrafice is this Lancet? Is it one of blood, of life?"

Posted By: * raye * Feb 07, 2005 - 01:56 pm

"As I feared. I hold no magic either, just the magic of my race, i am afraid. Have I told you of my destiny? A tortured on I'm afraid. a soothsayer saw it at my birth:

"Maiden fair, dark as night, cold as moon;
doomed to witness tragedy, yet never consumed.
linger on, linger on, of no use to anyone.

"theres more, but i wont bore you, young one. at least I offerred." Rieze mused, her eyes growing cloudy and dark as she gazed at the faces of her friends. the elfin face came screaming back at her but she shoved it from her mind. someone was missing. . .

"has anyone seen the Aasimar and her tiger?" she asked distractedly.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 01:59 pm

Lancet blinked, "They left moments ago through a rift. I did not say anything because it was not the most important matter at the moment."

She turned to Shabel-Rae, "I'm afraid that Hex suffered horribly when you died, but Elenor retrieved her spirit...they should wake soon now."

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 02:03 pm

"That... is good." Said the mage, obviously shaken.

He had never even thought of that. He never thought what death would do to her. And he had, he supposed caused the death, for he had been both brothers. So the whole affair was entirely his fault!

Jacatour spoke for the first time in some while. "Will the necromancer... Hex, be well?"

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 02:11 pm

Lancet looked back, watching the strange horse creature nuzzling her, "She will be fine...her body has healed and her mind is coming from the darkness. She will wake soon."

As she spoke, Hex's hand twitched slightly, as did Elenor's leg. The elf was the first to move, dragging her body off of Hex and standing wobbily. She reached out towards the nearby Beast and touched it, absorbing it back into her in a cloud of dark smoke.

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 02:12 pm

"That is well. A good mage is hard to find... and she was exceptional." It was Yissam who spoke, in his usual cold monotone.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 02:17 pm

Elenor looked over at the voice, and then realized that he hadn't been speaking of her. She carefully knelt down and pulled at Hex's shirt, revealing the still sore looking marking from the binding. She touched it gently, running her hand over it several times.

A thick black ooze poured from her fingers, coating the wound.

Posted By: * raye * Feb 07, 2005 - 02:17 pm

Rieze nodded absentmindedly as she brushed past Hashin and Yassim. she could feel the rift. . . something told her it was important.

she sensed te danger and knew she should go any closer but couldnt stop walking toward where the rift had been. she silently willed someone to reach out and stop her. please, anyone. . .

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 02:20 pm

"Rieze?" Yissam asked.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 02:22 pm

Elenor's hand fell on Rieze's shoulder. Strange lavender eyes stared into hers, a new, amazing knowledge locked just below the surface of them, "Hex requires asstitance to stand, and I do not feel strong enough to help her.

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 02:30 pm

Shabel-Rae's cloak glowed with the softest white light imaginable. Slowly it's colors turned from crimson and black to something else. They became a light silky gray trimmed lightly with gold. On the chest was a crest in crimson and black, one where a single rose stemmed from the bottom right and bloomed in the upper left. One half of the rose devided crest was filled with lightening and storm clouds, the other was a sunlit vally in the spring. Surrounding these images, in the traditional shield shape crest outline, were bones; two on the top, one on each side and two on a slant that met in a central point.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 02:32 pm

Elenor released Rieze, turning her attention to Shabel-Rae, "So we meet again Wizard, do you still feel the same about me...seeing as it is both of you in that body."

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 02:43 pm

Shabel smirked at her. "How do you think I would feel now? You used Sabal-Gah and Shabel-Grah. You then armed them both with powers neither was ready for and then let them have at each other. But... let's just say that I hold a great respect for you... your skills at least. And, I suppose, without your magics I never would exist, would I?"

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 07, 2005 - 02:43 pm

Hashin couldn't help but think about the jewel. Of its value. There was something ... "Maybe we should keep it, for now. I think we should find an Inn and get some rest. We could discuss the future."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 02:45 pm

Elenor's lips curled in an ever so slight smile, "If I said anything, I'd be telling, now wouldn't I?" There was a mischeciousness about her...almost like a child, yet she alos still held an aura of sincerity and efficiency, "Also, the Klundors that I captured did not suvive the battle."

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 02:50 pm

Shabel gave a wry smile so sharp that it could have cut like a dagger. "Yes. I suppose that they did not. And you're telling this, so it must be so."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 02:53 pm

Elenor turned and looked at the horse creature, raising a hand and gesturing to it, "Do you recognize it?"

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 02:55 pm

"I think I should. It's none less then my... Sabal's horse. I shan't think I'll need it though... not the way I am now at least."

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 07, 2005 - 02:57 pm

"I see it will rain soon ..."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 02:58 pm

Elenor quirked an eyebrow slightly, "I thought it wasteful for such a loyal and magnificent creature to die needlessly, so I created something from it that shall guard over Hex."

She leaned back, stretching. Her eyes remained strange, not the calm of usual, almost hyper in appearance.

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 02:58 pm

"I will assist." Yissam said stolidly, walking off towards where the necromancer lay.

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 03:01 pm

"Because you think she cannot take care of herself?" Shabel-Rae asked, with the objective defiance of the necromancer, but not entirely. It was more scholarly curiousity that Shabel-Rae thought that Elen herself could appreciate. "You know the power within her. You know her potential. You know she needs no such guard. Are you afraid of what could happen if she learns to master this power? Are you afraid of what she might do to you?"

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 03:02 pm

Hex moved slowly, all of her joints screaming in pain. She felt as if someone had tied her arms to a ledge and her feet to a boulder and let her hang for a week.

Through the throbbing pain though, she could both find comfort in her brief contact with Vell and sense a watchful presence nearby.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open, and she lay still, resting.

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 07, 2005 - 03:04 pm

A cold rain began. Thunder sounded.

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 03:05 pm

Yissam had reached her. He knelt on one knee and felt her forehead gently with the back of his palm. "How do you feel? Are you in need of food or drink?"

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 03:08 pm

Elenor's eyes suddenly shifted back to their normal appearance, "She has power, yes, but she retains the control of a child throwing tantrums. She needs a guardian...something that will always be able to watch for her...that will not hesitate to give its exsitence for her...like her love once did."

Elenor's mishceivious smile returned, "You realize that in her pain, she equated you to her love?"

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 03:10 pm

Shabel-Rae fell silent and lowered his head for a moment. "It was not me whom she felt for. And, besides, that was a lifetime ago."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 03:11 pm

Hex shook her head weakly, closing her hand around the nose of the creature that nuzzled her, and looking at the one that spoke to her, "I need to stand..." Her voice was weak, but steady.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 03:15 pm

Elenor let the grin spread,"...For you it may be, but I have sensed her feelings. She is in turmoil...for she knows that Vell is somewhere in this world...she became one with him for a brief time, but she also has budding feelings for a wizard that treated her as a person, not an object to be used."

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 07, 2005 - 03:20 pm

The rain captured a sentimentalism for the shaman. Their adventure was over ... it would be a long ride to the nearest inn. A bittersweet one.

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 03:22 pm

Yissam looked at her objectively, almost dismissively as a child who didn't know her limits. "Are you able?"

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 03:23 pm

"As opposed to a certain abjuror? Reguardless, she has a love already, as you yourself has just said. He is alive, as you just said. Should they not live as they ought to, in love?"

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 03:24 pm

She nodded, "I should be able to, I just feel a little tired."

Truthfully, she had never known this kind of pain or longing before. She felt completely empty, hollow to the core, and the darkness in the back of her mind had progress farther forwards. Even her mental barriers were destroyed.

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 03:25 pm

"Do you require assistance?"

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 03:26 pm

Elenor grimaced, "Her love does not live, I merely said that he exsisted, and he does not exsist alone."

She turned slightly, looking to Hex, "She was so blinded by his presence that she could not feel the truth of it."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 07, 2005 - 03:28 pm

Hex reached out and wrapped her arms around the creature's neck, allowing it to pull her to her feet. She wasn't sure where it had come from, but she could sense...that it was right for her to trust it.

Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 07, 2005 - 05:24 pm

Hashin wasn't bothered myuch by the rain. Most of it was deflected by overlapping oaks. Being a shaman, he could channel the cold of the rain off his body to avoid a chill, but it wasn't that bad. Especially after all they had been through; it didn't seem like much.

Posted By: Magus Feb 07, 2005 - 05:26 pm

Yissam stood up in the rain. Apparently his services were not needed at the moment. He would return again to the shadows where a creature like him belonged.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 08, 2005 - 04:38 am

Slowly the creature guided Hex towards where Elenor and Lancet stood...moving with a delicate grace beyond its size. It stopped a slight distance away, lowering it's head and allowing Hex to stand by leaning on it. She still looked haggard, but her eyes were bright, "Good Sir, I am glad to see you..." She trailed off, noticing the difference in dress and manerisms.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:30 am

Posted By: Magus Feb 08, 2005 - 01:07 pm

Shabel-Rae managed his own smile, warm as he could make it. "I am glad to see you as well, Hex. I must beg your pardon... had Shabel-Grah not died you would not have suffered so... and had Sabal not killed him... Let it suffice to say that I beg your pardon for the matter."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 08, 2005 - 01:25 pm

Hex paled slightly, "You are, both of them?" She looked closely for a moment, shaking her head, "I had not expected..."

She shrugged, "I gained much out of it...and I am fine now."

Posted By: Magus Feb 08, 2005 - 01:27 pm

"Are you sure? Dying hurts like no other pain... I know... But to come back from it in the same body... Are you sure you're fine?"

Posted By: Xyster Feb 08, 2005 - 01:36 pm

Hex looked over away for a moment, "I did not die...I progressed away from my body to escape the pain...my body still lived because Lancet was watching over me."

Posted By: Magus Feb 08, 2005 - 02:17 pm

"Yes... But still... I beg your pardon if you'd give it."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 09, 2005 - 04:33 am

Hex nodded slightly, looking back, "Yes, you have my pardon good sir." She reached up and stroked her new pet on it's neck.

Lancet stepped forward slightly, "Elenor, the Jewel must be split, and only you and Hex are aware of how to do this."

Posted By: * raye * Feb 09, 2005 - 11:49 am

Rieze stood as if in a daze, lost and alone in a mental kind of prison. how to get out? and what to do once she did? she had no where to go, no one awaited her return. the only people she trusted were here, soon to leave her again.

she was thankful for the rain as it poured fron the heavens down upon them, disguising her tears as her eyes were a deep, dull black once more.

Posted By: Magus Feb 09, 2005 - 12:44 pm

"Milady Reize? What troubles you?" It was Yissam. It was not in his nature to inquire into others unless they were visably hurt, and even then he would work quickly, never looking any further then the wound and never speaking except in instructions and commands. But this woman... he had found a certain comradery with her, maybe stemming from a warrior's respect, and he found it... most refreshing.

Meenwhile, Shabel-Rae looked at Hex. In a voice that was nearly a sigh of joy he said. "My thanks, lady necromancer. May I assist you on the journy to the nearest inn, as I'm sure most of our company will wish to do ere long?"

Posted By: SirJill Feb 09, 2005 - 03:59 pm

Rowena closed her eyes and leaned back against the oak's trunk, feeling the cold water droplets splash onto her eyelids. It had been threatening to rain for a while now and did not come as a surprise.

There was no audible response from the figure near her, his arms folded with his back against the tree trunk. His face was serene, but slightly troubled, she knew--the same as it had been when she had last looked.

"I don't want to let you go so easily, Rowena." He said at last.

Rowena sighed and opened her eyes, moving her head back up. "I know. I don't want to leave either but..."

"But I'm not important enough to you. I see."

"No, Digger--"

He pushed away from the tree, water droplets running off his cloak in little rivulets. Shaking the water from himself like a dog her fixed her with a fearsome glare. "After how long, Rowena? Are you giving up on me? Are you giving up on us?"

Rowena stood up herself, "Listen, Digger, there are other people that are more important to me than pursuing some silly fantasy."

"Gregory..." Digger warned.

Rowena threw up her hands, "It's me, Digger! I've changed--you've changed! We are not the same as we were children!" She shook her head and turned away, "We've both done things we ought to be ashamed of."

"So you'll have none of me, is that it?"

"No," She turned back, "But I...there are some things I have to finish, to see through, before I can start on the quest again. I'm leaving it behind in the hopes that I can forget it. In the hopes that Gregory will never bother me again. He's been quiet. Maybe he'll--"

"Maybe! and what if he comes back and you can't control him!? What if you've forgotten? Well? Rowena, this isn't one of your games. This is your life. I can't believe you'd threaten yourself and others like that."

"It's not a threat! It's..." She stopped and dropped her gaze with a heavy sigh. "I don't want to talk to you anymore, Digger. You're not the boy I remember."

He turned and walked to where his horse had been tied, "And you are not the girl. Instead of getting wiser you seem to have gotten less intelligent. I pity you, Rowena."

Rowena had kept her back on him, and now clenched her fists, struggling with her rage. His pity? Why should I need his pity? She thought furiously, He's the one who has lost all his morals and principles. He's the one who's changed, not me.
She simply shook her head and walked off, back toward Jacatour, and back toward the party.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 10, 2005 - 04:44 am

Hex looked from Lancet to Shabal Rae, finally her head sagged, "Good sir, if you would show me this jewel, I will shatter it and be done..."

She looked up, her eyes filled with emptiness, deep, dark nothingness. There was no light or warmth reflected in them...barely even a glimmer of soul.

Posted By: Magus Feb 10, 2005 - 12:13 pm

"Are you sure, lady necromancer? I will show you the way, if you are up to the task."

Posted By: * raye * Feb 10, 2005 - 12:55 pm

Rieze smiled at Yassim through her tears and the invisible mist that seemed to cloud her vision and mind. that was all. she couldn't break free of the prison of her mind long enough to speak. Even if she had been able to, what would she say? Perhaps later she would tell Yassim. yes, later she would tell him.

(assume that in her daze she silently follows the others to the inn where I'lll now be posting her character)

Posted By: Magus Feb 10, 2005 - 01:26 pm

Yissam saw her own inner struggle. He knew that this was best to let lie.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 11, 2005 - 04:46 am

Hex nodded, "Yes, I believe that I must do this." She looked around at the battle field, "This must not be allowed to happen again."

Posted By: Magus Feb 11, 2005 - 12:30 pm

"Then follow me." Shabel said. He lead the way into the tomb carved into the wall of stone, and prayed that Hex would reconsider.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 11, 2005 - 01:22 pm

Hex followed closely, glancing at her surroundings wearily and rubbing the bone sword at her side. It seemed to glow, a soft almost intangiable glow, but light none the less.

Hex stopped at the entrance breifly, motioning for Elenor and Lancet to stay put, though the horse beast continued to follow her as she started walking again. It didn't understand her need to do this alone, all it knew was that it had to protect and follow her.

Posted By: Magus Feb 11, 2005 - 01:30 pm

The hall was dark and cramped, shadows hugged everycorner. Shabel-Rae made the illusion of two small, but extremely bright, lines of thin flame that followed their pace along the musty corridoor.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 14, 2005 - 05:12 am

Hex stayed close to Shabel Rae, and her creature was so close that she could feel it breating on her neck and nearly treading on her heels. She reached behind her and pushed it back slightly, "How much further is it?"

Posted By: SirJill Feb 14, 2005 - 06:17 am

Rowena stopped in the middle of the clearning and looked around. There was unmasked evidence of passing here, crushed leaves and broken twigs. She turned around, shouldering her pack once more letting her eyes attune to the woodland.

There, to her left, the trail continued off into the woodland, vanishing beyond a few feet. She moved to it and began following it, alert to any sound or noise which might indicate distance. Her speed increased as she became surer that their distance was farther. The trail widened out and she began to run. There was no mistaking it.

Posted By: Magus Feb 14, 2005 - 12:43 pm

Finally the cramped hall gave way to a grand and cavernous room. Gold, jewels and treasures of all kinds and makes lay strewn about the site. In the center was a clay sarcologus. He cast an illusion and tourchlight floated all about the room, casting an ever more eerie glow across the chamber and upon the twinkling surface of the horde.

"Milady necromancer; the jewel is in the tomb. Do you require assistance opening it?"

Posted By: Xyster Feb 14, 2005 - 12:50 pm

Hex nodded slightly, gazing around her in wonder. She had never seen such jewels, though she had no desire to touch them. Their beauty was treasure enough for her.

She turned back to Shabel Rae, "My spirit is strong enough for this task, but my body remains weak."

Posted By: Magus Feb 14, 2005 - 12:55 pm

Shabel-Rae streatched forth his hand and mumbled a quite chant. The lid to the coffin eased off to the far side and came down with a shattering crash.

The tomb was revealed.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 14, 2005 - 12:59 pm

Hex cautiously moved forward, almost gliding with a grace that belittled any wound that she had sustained. Her torn and spoiled clothing began to heal itself, and a soft, shadowy glow began to surround her.

She stopped at the edge of coffin, peering in, "The jewel..." She trailed off, her eyes widening at the sight of it.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 14, 2005 - 01:15 pm

Hex raised her arms, holding them out to the side and leaning her chin down on her chest. She began to glow more, the energy pouring out every fiber of her being. Ever so slowly, she began to lift up off the floor, moaning softly in pain.

Posted By: Magus Feb 14, 2005 - 01:54 pm

"Milday, are you well?" A frantic, worried Shabel asked her.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 15, 2005 - 05:53 am

Hex wanted to respond to the question, she wanted to ease his worries and tell him that she was fine; but she wasn't fine. She could feel her ligiments being torn apart. It was as if the power required to shatter the crystal was tearing her apart as well.

Her condolance was that the jewel below her seemed to be growing lighter, with line or a briliant white light slowly growing along it. For a moment, all of time stood still. The heartbeats of all creatures in the tomb and within miles stopped. All breaths hushed, and Hex's voice soared, a pure melodic cry of pain.

There was a flash of light, and the jewel shattered, it's pieces shooting off in all directions, passing through solid stone as they moved and disappearing into the distance. A single white hot shard dropped from the jewel, landing on the dusty ground with a soft chiming sound.

Hex crumpled to the ground, bleeding from dozens of reopened wounds. Every injury she had ever suffered had reopened, and her precious blood was slowly oozing onto the dirty floor.

She closed her eyes, she was so tired. Her hand reached out towards the shard of crystal. She felt like something were grabbing at her spirit and trying to pull it away from her body. Her hand stopped moving, and her body went completely limp.

Posted By: Magus Feb 15, 2005 - 11:57 am

"HEX!" Shabel-Rae dashed to her.

If he had known that this would happen he would never have allowed her to shatter it in the first place. He came to her and held her in his arms. She wasn't dead... not yet anyway.

He worked his necromatic magics from Shabel-Grah. As a necromancer he had also been a proficient healer. He prayed his magics would worked.

He prayed and let them be cast.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 15, 2005 - 12:21 pm

Hex took a shallow, shuddering breath. Her ghastly wounds, marks from beatings and tortures and worse continued to ooze her blood, though the flow seemed to slow a little.

She reached out again with a shaking hand...reaching towards the shard of the jewel, "The...jew...el...."

Posted By: Xyster Feb 15, 2005 - 12:21 pm

She looked to Shabel-Rae, "Use...the...jew..el..."

Posted By: Magus Feb 15, 2005 - 01:37 pm

Shabel-Rae saw the jewel. He knew that what he was doing was vile and unforgivable. But it was possibly the only thing he could do to save her life.

"Forgive me..." He said, a tear falling from his eye.

He picked up the jewel fragment. Without another word he plunged it strait into her heart.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 16, 2005 - 04:45 am

Hex's eyes opened wide, her mouth parting in a silent scream. She reached out, grasping at air, her head whiping back so violently that it looked as if her neck would break. Suddenly she went limp again.

A soft reddish light surrounded her, and she slowly stood, pushing away from Shabel-Rae. She teetered for a moment, then regained her balance, looking down at her bloody body and the rapidly closing wounds. Yes, she had survived, but at what cost?

She looked around the dusty tomb, noticing her animal standing sheepishly in a corner. She motoined it towards her, turning back to Shabel-Rae, "Good sir, may we leave now?" Her voice was weak, and she sounded very tired, but she lived.

Posted By: SirJill Feb 16, 2005 - 07:07 am

It sounded as if the world was falling apart from inside the tomb. Rowena stopped outside the entrance, hesitant to enter it. She rested on hand on the entrance and stuck her head around the opening, trying to see into it.

Posted By: Magus Feb 16, 2005 - 12:30 pm

Shabel-Rae followed her lead. And, in a wavery voice that was barely a whisper. "Gods, forgive me..."

But it wasn't the Gods whose pardon he wanted.

Posted By: Xyster Feb 17, 2005 - 05:07 am

Hex stopped at the entrance to the tomb, blinking in the natural light. She turned slightly, looking at Shabel-Rae with sad eyes, "Thank you."

She turned away from him, stepping out of the tomb, being pushed from behind by the creature that Elenor had made.

Posted By: Magus Feb 17, 2005 - 11:53 am

Shabel followed her. Despite her apology he thought it hollow. She was no more glad he had done it then he was that he had.

Posted By: xyster Feb 18, 2005 - 04:41 am

Elenor and Lancet were waiting not far from the entrance of the tomb, both watching Hex with cautious eyes. They knew that something had changed about her, but didn't want to say anything and let the others know.

Hex stopped, turning to Shabel-Rae, "Where are we going from here good sir?"

Posted By: Magus Feb 18, 2005 - 12:28 pm

Shabel-Grah looked into the setting sun and lost himself in it. It was some time before he found his way out, and a moment longer before he could find his voice.

"Whichever way suits us... whichever way the wind blows... that is our path."

Posted By: xyster Feb 21, 2005 - 10:28 am

The End.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

The Tomb of Orceth

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:31 pm

An adventure that has ended. Here it is beginning to end. There are currently other adventures that people are free to join into.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Previous

Return to Lycoria: The Stories