Bookmark and Share

Adventure: Ancient Darkness: Rise of Neseldin

Postby Bmat » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:37 pm

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Magus » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:16 pm

Both brothers, Jacatour and Yissam, were silent for sometime after. Jacatour drunk some of his ale, but hadn't much taste for it. He continued to nurse it in silence, brooding over the things that had come to pass. He had lost Aliandra, but gain Rowena. Was he now to lose Shabel as well?

But, at length in silence, it was Yissam who broke it and spoke to his brother. "What became of that girl of yours brother? Where is this Rowena?"

Jacatour considered this question and then answered. "She drank more then was good for her. She's off to bed to sleep the drink off. Or, I think it to be so at least." This last part he added in afterthought. For he now realized that he hadn't seen her since the previous night. He thought he saw her stumble into on of the inn's rooms, but everything since then had become such a blur to him, a haze or irregularities and abstract notions. He now realized he had no idea where she was.

"I'm sure she is." Yissam added uncomfortably. He himself had killed Aliandra, his brother's wedded wife. She had come out of the house during a dawn confrontation between the two of them. She had died a meaningless and accidental death at his hands, and it threw his brother into a blood lust for him. In retrospect he wondered how he had ever after thought his brother might join him as brother's ought after what had passed between them. And even more shocked was he when HE was the one to join Jacatour and his mates!

"I'm sure she is." The Orc repeated once more.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Xyster » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:59 am

Hex looked to him, her eyes somewhat distant. It was obvious that something deep was troubling her, but that she was fighting it back. She focused on him, her eyes suddenly becoming more clear than she they had been since Vell's death. She had to remember that Vell was dead, or at least lost to her. He would want to her to find someone to be happy with, wouldn't he?

She smiled, releasing the sword, "Yes good sir?" She spoke the title with more than simple repect, there was true love conveyed in those words.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:29 pm

Shabel looked at Hex and his heart broke for her. He knew he loved her. And he didn't know how to explain this to her. Shabel-Grah would never have found the right way with words, he knew that. He was a clever and silver tongued Necromancer, but he couldn't have fought through the love he felt for her. But he wasn't just Shabel-Grah. He was also Shabel-Rae, the illusionist.

"I don't think that I can say exactly... but, I believe that I can show you... what happened... when I was unconscious..."

He cast an illusion in front of him in the exact likeness of everything that had happened. He still felt weak... drained, from not only the last sleepless night and previous day's expenditures, but also from the dream itself.

But he fought against the pain and fatigue. And before them the illusion was cast, for Shabel-Rae remembered every detail of every grain of sand on every rock in that place. He would never be able to forget it, no matter how hard he tried.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby celticmoe666 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:57 pm

Elizabeth smiled up at Thomas and kissed him softly on the lips then made her way out of the lake. She went up onto the shore and found a flat rock and sat down on it. She smiled watching Thomas.
Kilts, thats whats for dinner tonight! *sheepish grin*

AHHA I said Sheep and Kilt in the same paragraph!! LOL... tee hee
celticmoe666
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Magus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:25 am

Thomas followed 'Liz with his eyes but stayed in the water. He looked up to her with the most confused expression gracing his innocent face.

"Why'd you get out? The water's warm and we have all day yet to stay and swim?"
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Xyster » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:44 am

Hex watched in silence. She saw the illusion, and winced slightly as she thought of the half of him that it was coming from, the one that had once sought to use her for power, the one that had given her a brief time with Vell again.

Her mind wasn't on it for long though as she watched the illusion. She watched in silence, waiting for him to finish.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:47 pm

The vision ended with his rushing back to reality. He closed that magic off and waited for Hex to speak.

His body quivered in a mix of fear and anticipation. For the duration of the spell he couldn't tell what she might be thinking. Would she hate him for it? Would she fear him for it? Did she think he did right or wrong to her by inserting the jewel within her body?

Was he now to be alone and without her as a companion?
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby celticmoe666 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:22 pm

She looked to him and smiled sweetly. "I just wanted to lay out for a moment. You can join me. " She slowly laid down and placed her arms behind her head.
Kilts, thats whats for dinner tonight! *sheepish grin*

AHHA I said Sheep and Kilt in the same paragraph!! LOL... tee hee
celticmoe666
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Magus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:53 pm

Thomas waded into more shallow waters and then came out altogether. He came to where Elizebeth lay and laid down beside her. "So long as I'm with you I am happy... I feel whole."
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Xyster » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:37 pm

Hex stared at him for a long while with an unreadable expression on her face. She looked away for a moment, then back at him, finally speaking, "If this is true...then I should dipise you for what you have done."

She kept her face turned away, so that her expression was unreadable, "But I do not, for I knew the dangers when I broke the stone, and you only did as I asked. You have said and shown that you love me, and I value that more than my soul..."

She looked back, tears streaming down her eyes, "It would be harder for me to lose you like I lost the only other that ever treated me as human. He gave all that he could for me, and I will not allow any others to die for me like that."
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:54 am

Shabel was silent for a long time before he spoke. "But you have the right to despise me, for what I did to you... And if you would wish it I would not hesitate to end my life, in order to save you from the beast that storms within me. You do not deserve such a beast devouring your soul and, if you wish, I can assure that you will never have to suffer it."
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Next

Return to Lycoria: The Stories