Hang in there Talon. Neuro will try to get in here soon. He said so. LOL
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Jaded Wayfarer Inn

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Lol ok I don't mind waiting around
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Neurolanis Returned » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:03 pm

(Thanks Talon, I was hoping you would! Lol SO SORRY I've been distracted so long. I came on to do catch up one night and the site was down! lol Anyway, back now)

Jale felt the bite of blade, sharper than a razor edge in sensation, as if the sun was beaming a focused laser through his skin. But it only lasted for brief moment. He did not even have time to scream or gasp, to feel the blade breaking through his skin and skull. He did not experience the sensation of dying, for he was alive. It was merely a brief moment of confused yet sharp sensation and suddenly he was pulled back into his body--his real body--and breathed deeply.

It was as if he had been drowning and had just re-submerged from the water in the nick of time. But he was not in water, he was standing inside the inn, the door open--his hand still on the jaded wood boards. He looked out the window. It was dark, but not bereft of light. There was street lights and the sounds of folks moving about town, dogs barking and horses snorting in nearby stables. Everything had returned to normal.

Gorn huffed. He found himself seated at the bar, turned away, as he had been before the stranger had been killed by the Rolc. Gorn had just gasped when he saw the blade being swung into the stranger's face and with the second half of his gasp he suddenly found himself seated where he had been. The difference was, he remembered everything that had happened. Gorn leaped from his stole, forgetting his bag of valuables on the bar. He practically hopped about the room, gasping as if to demand questions of those around him without actually coming out with anything. His face was sweaty, heart pounding.

"Wha...wha happen?" he gasped, his words slurred as if his brain was only half functioning. Poor Gorn was quite beside himself, confused and un-ratted from his reality being shifted so suddenly.

"You are restored," said Jale. "You are all awake again. My apologies. And thanks to you, stranger," he said to the Rolc warrior, "for your part. Everything is restored to how it was."

"So what do you want?" demanded Gorn.

"The dream has been ended," said Jale. "I require nothing else."

"Yes!" said Gorn, face reddening. "Why did you come here in the first place!"

"Oh, yes." Jale reflected. His mind was so busy, so distracted by so many sensations. "I came to ask for your help on an argent matter. It would be much appreciated."

"Appreciated!" burst Gorn. "Appreciated? Appreciated!" He stared crudely at Jale, suddenly at a loss for words.
Neurolanis Returned
New User
New User

Postby Ariel » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:15 pm

"What is this urgent matter you seek help with?" asked the lovely Elf. Pesky was fuzzy headed. Between the drinks and a sudden change in reality the pixie was discombobulated. She shook her head trying to clear it. "What just happened? Weren't we just over there near the window? Now we're here back at our table. We WERE over by the window...right?" Night Star chuckled. She wasn't as affected as the others. Looking over to Ohtar the rolc warrior, Night bowed her head slightly. "Thank you stranger for restoring reality. Perhaps you and the blabbing, confused dwarf over there can join me in helping Jale? I'm certainly up for a challenge and adventure."

The patrons were all affected strangely for a moment, but they thought that perhaps they consumed an ale or two too many. Some stared at Sky the winged wildcat, wondering what kind of creature it was and were fearful. Many decided it was best to retire for the night and stumbled to their rooms.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:15 am

Ohtar's head snapped back upright as it had lulled back a little. The creatures plan had worked and he could feel the reality and the darkness was no longer fighting to get in the inn.he looked a Jale. "You are welcome I'm glad that your plan worked and you are breathing on this side." With a node to the elven female he spoke. "It would seem my time in this area is at an end so yes I shall join you. What would you ask of us?"
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Hang in there Talon. I'm on Neuro's ass like a nagging wife trying to drag him back in here. LOL
I know he works and enjoys pursuing his artistic endeavors of drawing and writing books when time allows. If I can fish out what direction he would like to proceed in, you and I could do more of the story development while he is gone.

You could also start another story elsewhere in Lycoria and I will follow or I could start one. That way, we will have something to fall back on if we would like to write in the meantime. Just throwing ideas out there.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:45 am

I will start thinking on one Ariel. Having another going would be nice

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Sounds good Talon!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author