speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Rise of Neseldin: Part One

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

    Bookmark and Share
 

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Posted By: Magus Feb 26, 2005 - 12:31 pm

Shabel-Rae raised his glass in a toast to her. "No harm meant, milady. Thomas says that you are to be trusted. His word is good enough for me."


Posted By: Moe Feb 26, 2005 - 12:35 pm

She smiled and nodded.

'Alright. So.. what are you?'

She felt awkward around other people. Animals she could handle, people....eh?


Posted By: Magus Feb 26, 2005 - 12:36 pm

Shabel smiled. "That, milady, is a long tale to tell. Will it suffice to say that I'm something both more and less then a man?"


Posted By: Moe Feb 26, 2005 - 12:39 pm

She shrugged. "What ever pleases you to say sir."


Posted By: Magus Feb 26, 2005 - 12:45 pm

He smiled again. "Don't worry. I'm sure Thomas will tell you the tale in full ere long. But, if I may ask, why is a lady such as yourself in a place such as this?"


Posted By: Moe Feb 26, 2005 - 12:50 pm

She thought a moment. She leaned on the table some. "I found myself here. I travelled far from my home. Im not sure why I did, but I did."


Posted By: Magus Feb 26, 2005 - 12:52 pm

"Then I shant prod further milady. Drink the Claret, it's of a decent enough make."


Posted By: Moe Feb 26, 2005 - 12:54 pm

She shook her head slowly. "No thank you sir. I only drink water. "


Posted By: Magus Feb 26, 2005 - 12:57 pm

"Then water it shall be." He motioned for the servng whench and asked for a glass and a jug of water for the woman. She then turned and left to fill the order.


Posted By: Moe Feb 26, 2005 - 01:03 pm

She smiled. "thank you sir."


Posted By: Magus Feb 26, 2005 - 01:04 pm

He laughed merrily. "No thanks required milady. The waters free."


Posted By: Moe Feb 26, 2005 - 01:07 pm

She smiled and chuckled too. "But still, it was kind to order it for me. "


Posted By: Magus Feb 26, 2005 - 01:08 pm

Thomas hopped on her arm and again on her head. He then settled himself down comfortably.


Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 26, 2005 - 04:16 pm

The bartenders served them their drinks.

"Not at all," said Drake. "What money I have I will not need. My people never believed much in shine, you see." He turned to the Dark Witch. "I am as good a fool as any. I know I ride soon to my death. Dark spies may hear my boasting in this very in, and kill me on my way. Perhaps I shall leave tonight. Therefore, I shall drink no more. I will go alone, but I will remember you all. Perhaps, we shall meet again. Perhaps." Drake turned to leave the inn.

Hashin lowered his head with thoughtfulness. Drake was going to die. He had a death wish -- to die in fighting for his people. Hashin sensed this. He also sensed that he was a great warrior, with bravery and honor. The Northman's value succeeded his own: his worth for the world was greater than the value of himself as an individual. Hashin thought this a terrible waste, yet who was he to mess with the Northman's pasth? His will was his own.


Posted By: Magus Feb 26, 2005 - 05:35 pm

Yissam remained silent. But he lowered his head in salute to this man who he presumed had little longer to live.


Posted By: Moe Feb 27, 2005 - 12:03 pm

She moved her hands to bring thomas down into her arms and cradled him. She smiled and petted his ears back slowly. "You are a fine creature."


Posted By: Magus Feb 27, 2005 - 12:07 pm

Thomas clicked contentedly and allowed her to cradle him.

Shabel-Rae smiled. "So is it all rabbits you have affection for or just Thomas here?"


Posted By: Moe Feb 27, 2005 - 12:08 pm

She smirked. "I love all animals." She looked to Shabel-Rae and gave a sweet smile.


Posted By: Magus Feb 27, 2005 - 12:09 pm

"But you do realize that Thomas isn't just another animal, right?"


Posted By: Moe Feb 27, 2005 - 12:11 pm

She nodded. "That I was aware of when he first came to me." She thought a moment. "A familiar, right?"
User avatar
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 10536
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Illinois
 

 

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:58 pm

Posted By: Magus Feb 27, 2005 - 12:13 pm

"Correct. You'r instincts serve well."


Posted By: Moe Feb 27, 2005 - 12:15 pm

She nodded again, playing with Thomas ears. "He is very sweet."


Posted By: Magus Feb 27, 2005 - 12:17 pm

Thomas clicked contentedly again.

"Yes... he is. Sadly he's has to put so much of that aside since I started out." Shabel-Rae said, referring to both of the brothers. "But at last he may be able to find the rest from it that he deserves."


Posted By: Moe Feb 27, 2005 - 12:18 pm

She quarked a brow and tilted her head to the left. She still petted Thomas, but she did not understand this man.


Posted By: Magus Feb 27, 2005 - 12:20 pm

"I'm sorry if I speak in riddles. I'm afraid it's my nature. Thomas' is... much simpler... much more direct, and all the more powerful for it."


Posted By: Moe Feb 27, 2005 - 12:22 pm

She nodded then. "Right." She looked around and sighed softly.


Posted By: Magus Feb 27, 2005 - 12:22 pm

Shabel looked at her. "Is something the matter milady?"


Posted By: Moe Feb 27, 2005 - 12:23 pm

She shook her head. "Not at all." But she thought otherwise.


Posted By: Magus Feb 27, 2005 - 12:29 pm

Shebl-Rae didn't quite believe this woman. But he knew better then to pry. Besides, it wasn't his place to.

Silently he cursed himself. The part of him that was the direct and blitzing Sabal-Gah cursed the shier and softer Shabel-Grah for his cowardice.

He looked over to Hex. A warm smile crept to his lips. This was his business. This is what he should concern himself with, Hex and her well being. He should be concerned how she is doing after... after what he did, not what some stranger occupies her mind with.

Thomas looked concerned at Elizebeth. He stared at her in his manner. The message couldn't be clearer save if he could speak. He was concerned for her and wanted to know what occupied her mind.


Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 27, 2005 - 03:30 pm

Drake left the inn.

Hashin sat down, and sipped on his drink. Perhaps he would meet up with Drake someday. Perhaps, or perhaps not. His talk with the stranger had sparked much debate in his mind, on where his own path laid.


Posted By: * raye * Feb 27, 2005 - 03:34 pm

Rieze sighed deeply to Yissam's words.

"i know. . . i know. . . but some part of me wants to believe she is reformed. her life has not been an easy one. for that, i suppose I am an optimistic fool." she stared into her drink and suddenly pushed it away. "i have suddenly lost my thirst." she said, staring at the door through which Drake left. Niran's voice floated from the shadows, a melodic voice, different from the imperious tone she had used before. she voiced the thought that everyone was thinking.

"He wants to die. and soon, his wish will be granted and he will be remembered as a great warrior."


Posted By: Magus Feb 28, 2005 - 03:52 am

Yissam looked at Rieze. "She is a fool. And there is a saying among my people. 'A fool and his head are soon parted'."


Posted By: xyster Feb 28, 2005 - 05:15 am

Hex watched Shebal Rae and this woman, feeling a tinge of jealousy. He was the first man since Vell that had treated her as a person rather than a tool...and she cared deeply for him because of that. Her emotions about it were in turmoil though...what of Vell. She wasn't sure if he lived yet or not, nor even if she would ever see him again, yet she still loved him.


Posted By: Magus Feb 28, 2005 - 11:56 am

"Milady Hex?" Shabel-Rae said, more concerned for her now then ever. Had the jewel-shard somehow taken greater hold? "Are you alright milady? Do you require assistance?"


Posted By: xyster Feb 28, 2005 - 12:23 pm

Hex looked up, shaking her head slightly, "I am fine good sir, I was merely thinking." She swirled the wine in the cup and sipped it again, debating on how close it tasted to Vell's favorite drink.


Posted By: Magus Feb 28, 2005 - 12:38 pm

"Would you care for more, milady necromancer?"


Posted By: Neurolanis Feb 28, 2005 - 01:23 pm

The shaman looked to the female Klundor. He knew her little. She looked quite myseterious, in her black clothing. But there was a strange aura about her. If only his conversational skills were as good with the living as with the dead. She had an interest in Shabel-Rae. She was attracted to him. Somehow, they seemed an odd couple. Yet ... somehow there seemed a simularity between them. Perhaps it was the mysetery in each character. She had a light and fragile spirit, however, under the strength of her apearance; one might think, at first glance, that she was a strong woman, caring not for men, love, or the truths of her soul. But no, she was quite human -- or, Klundor.


Posted By: xyster Feb 28, 2005 - 03:02 pm

Hex shook her head slightly, sipping at the drink,"No good sir, I do not drink heavily...it impares me when I do. Thank you for this fine drink though."

She felt someone looking at her and glanced over at the shaman. He was looking at her strangely, and she stared back at him, her hollow and tired eyes casting an ill appearance on her face.


Posted By: Magus Feb 28, 2005 - 03:27 pm

Shabel-Rae followed Hex's gaze and was surprised to find her focussing on the Shaman.

"Very well." He said, eyes still following Hex's gaze.


Posted By: xyster Mar 01, 2005 - 05:21 am

Hex broke her gaze and looked back to the table, casting a strange glance in the direction of Elenor. She'd been doing that quite a bit since she left the tomb. There was something different about the elf now, something more than just her personality change. Elenor...it was hard to describe, but her aura seemed to have changed.

Hex turned her attention back to the table, takign another sip of the drink, finishing off the small glass that she had had.






Discussion
Main Topics
List All Topics
New Last Day
New Last Week


Search
My New Messages
By Date
By Keywords


Registration
Create Profile
Edit Profile
View Users


Documentation
Getting Started
Formatting
Troubleshooting








Latest Sci-Fi News

• Analog and AnLab awards

• Effinger dead at 55

• Men In Black II promoting new aliens

• Raime tips hat to Sept. 11 in Spider Man

• Braga disses fans concerned with Enterprise continuity

• Ronald Moore to write new Battlestar Galactica

• UPN announces finale schedule

• Kevin Smith dies at 38

>> view all scifi news
User avatar
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 10536
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Illinois
 

 

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:59 pm

Posted By: Moe Mar 01, 2005 - 02:55 pm

She smiled to the hare and petted him softly and whispered.

"If only that little spell I did worked..."


Posted By: * raye * Mar 01, 2005 - 03:01 pm

"ah, but somehow, I want to think she is smarter than that. I KNOW she is smarter than that." Rieze looked at Yissam, knowing she could trust him if she revealed yet another one of her secrets. he was a warrior, he would understand what it meant, how it bothered her. at least she hoped he would.

"she bested me. in a fair fight. my sister, Kieze intervened on my behalf, she used magic. I struck Niran when her back was turned." Rieze shook her head. "to attack someone when their back is to you? there is no honor in that. and yet, I had thought she was dead. i suppose I was wrong."

as Rieze spoke, Niran stood slowly, moving like a shadow to the door of the inn and peering outside, looking for the man called Drake. he intrigued her. where had he seen the dragons? and how had he survived? when a dragon took it into their head to kill you, you were as good as buried.


Posted By: Magus Mar 01, 2005 - 03:02 pm

"What spell would that be?" Shabel-Rae asked.


Posted By: Moe Mar 01, 2005 - 03:06 pm

She looked up to him and thought a moment.

"Well, one to turn anyone that wasnt human into human..."


Posted By: Magus Mar 01, 2005 - 03:07 pm

"But ere goes your affinity for furrative creatures then, right?"


Posted By: Moe Mar 01, 2005 - 03:09 pm

She looked puzzled.
"pardon?"


Posted By: Magus Mar 01, 2005 - 03:18 pm

"well, you said that you loved all animals. But I suppose you'd love a man better. Especially one with cute little rabbit ears, eh?"


Posted By: Moe Mar 01, 2005 - 03:20 pm

She stared and then cocked a brow. "I rather have a friend I could talk too. And he is sweet..."


Posted By: Magus Mar 01, 2005 - 05:16 pm

Thomas smiled warmly and allowed himself to be patted, charishing every stroke of hers that crept down his back. How he wished he could talk to her.


Posted By: Moe Mar 01, 2005 - 05:25 pm

She watched Shabel and stopped petting the hare.


Posted By: Magus Mar 01, 2005 - 05:27 pm

"Is something the matter Lady Elizebeth?"


Posted By: Moe Mar 01, 2005 - 05:31 pm

She shook her head and sighed. "Nothing is wrong."


Posted By: Magus Mar 01, 2005 - 05:36 pm

He looked altogether not convinced. More then that he wasn't. "Are you quite sure milady? You seem to have something plauging your mind... or maybe it is your heart which troubles you so?"


Posted By: Moe Mar 01, 2005 - 05:40 pm

She watched him. "Many things trouble me. I cant.. " She sook her head.


Posted By: Magus Mar 01, 2005 - 05:43 pm

"But you can. You are among friends here."


Posted By: Moe Mar 01, 2005 - 05:52 pm

"Ive been alone for a long time. My brother.. is missing.. My parents.. dead... and Ive never had someone to call my own.." She shook her head and took a drink of water.


Posted By: Magus Mar 01, 2005 - 05:53 pm

Thomas whined a little. Then he nudged near her and slowly began rubbing his cheek on hers. It was the closest he could get to a comforting hug.


Posted By: Moe Mar 01, 2005 - 05:56 pm

She smiled and kissed the top of his head. She began to pet his head again. "thank you.."


Posted By: xyster Mar 02, 2005 - 09:19 am

There was a prickling sensation in the back of Hex's mind. She quickly shook it off, avoiding looking at Shabel-Rae and the woman. Somehow she knew that the woman was the source of her uncertain emmotions.

Elenor's ears had pricked up at the mention of transformation. That was a field that she knew she could preform in. It was rather odd that this woman would know much of it. Elenor found herself wondering a bit about this woman.


Posted By: * raye * Mar 02, 2005 - 12:01 pm

slowly, ever so slowly, Niran faded, as if the molecules of her being suddenly drifted apart. when she wanted to be, Niran could be a master of subtlty-- if she took the time and patience. once she was invisible, she drifted out into the city, to have a look around, and perhaps to cause mischief.
User avatar
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 10536
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Illinois
 

 

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:00 pm

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 02, 2005 - 12:46 pm

Hashin thought about the future. About the horrible things which awaited the world. What did he want in life? What did he really want? Justice. More than anything. Justice against ... them. He barried his face in his hands and came with a long sigh. His head was spinning. Choices. Paths. Loyalties. Desire. Fear. Longings ... deep, powerful, explict longings ... which bore no face or discrition ... as the longings were for a deeper involvement with life. He could have it in the Dreamworld ... but here, it was impossible. Lights and sounds buzzed through his mind like wild estasies in a sea of subtle desire. The heat of his body rose. The heat of the room seemed to raise.

Which path was he to follow? Which path was he he lead?


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 01:08 pm

She looked up to Hex then to Shabel. She then took a drink of water and continured petting Thomas.


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 01:11 pm

"It seems as if our friend as taken her leave." Shabel said matter-of-factly, although he doubted that she was truly lost of them. She would return ere long he figured.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 01:17 pm

She wasnt paying attention to what Shabel had said. She was deep in thought about other things. She sighed then and looked around a moment.


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 01:18 pm

"I'm sorry to ask, but I wonder who... or what... is it that you look around for?"


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 01:36 pm

She shook her head. "Im not looking for anything or anybody. Im just.... Looking.."


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 01:37 pm

Shabel smiled. "One is usually accustomed to be searching for something, as opposed to nothing at all."


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 01:38 pm

She was wanting to say something else.. But didnt. She nodded. "Right you are. Do you know where I could stalk up on herbs?"


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 01:40 pm

He shook his head. "I am sorry, but I am as much a stranger to these lands as I presume you are to them."


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 01:41 pm

She nodded. "Thank you though..."


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 01:41 pm

She nodded. "Thank you though..."


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 01:43 pm

Jacatour flagged the barkeep and got two more ales. One he gave to Yissam, who took it silently and even mannaged to crack a smile as he drank.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 01:47 pm

She looked around yet again looking at the different people who where there then took another drink of her water.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 02:36 pm

She hugged onto the hare lightly and kissed his forehead again. "Mr. Thomas..."


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 02:37 pm

Thomas looked up at her attentively.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 02:40 pm

She was starting to zone out... Her eyes on the glass as she thought about things.


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 02:41 pm

Thomas clicked politely as he saw her staring at the glass. He wondered what was so appealing about the glass. It was empty and ordinary in every way.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 02:44 pm

She was starting to saw things in a soft voice. She was saying things in her own older language. Something along the lines of, 'Youll find someone someday. Dont worry...'..


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 02:47 pm

"Who will?" Shabel-Rae asked, who was quite knowledgable in languages from one side of the world to the next, was one of the first things tought to Shabel-Grah by his master when he started the art of Necromancy... and the same to Sabal-Gah when he started his hand at illusions.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 03:04 pm

She shook her head, getting back to reality. She looked to him and quarked a brow. "Pardon?"
User avatar
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 10536
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Illinois
 

 

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:01 pm

Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 03:09 pm

"You just said 'You'll find someone someday'. Who will?"


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 03:14 pm

She looked down. "Well,... I was talking about...me.." She sighed and shook her head slowly.


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 03:19 pm

Thomas felt so sorry for her. He wanted her to be happy more then anything. He rested his cheek on hers, again trying his best to embrace her.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 03:25 pm

She sat up straiter and her back popped many times as she did that. She then sighed with releif.


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 03:30 pm

An especially drunk building of a man stammered over to their table. "Well, mi loves. How'd ya's like to join me in the upstairs."


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 03:32 pm

She stared at the man and shook her head. "How bout you leave us alone?"


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 05:18 pm

"How 'bout I'll leave ya's alone if ya's comes ta' keep me company up'n stairs. I could use a good gilly... and ya'd be fine comp'ny!"


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 05:19 pm

She gave a low growl. "It'd be best if you leave now in one peice."


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 05:21 pm

"How 'bout you just come with me and I'll unsheath my broadsword!" He swooned drunkenly, roughly grabbing her arm with his large greesy hands.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 05:25 pm

Her eyes widdened and she moved Thomas away and she stood slapping his hand away. Her hand then met his face with a loud smack. Her other hand going to hike up the skirt of her dress, from there, there was a dagger strapped to her thigh... then got it and held it to the man. "Leave, now..."


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 05:29 pm

"Not likely!"

He tightened his grip on her and pulled her over. His grimy hands grabbed her thigh and traced it up to where he pulled up on her dress.

He leaned in close and whispered in her ear with his stale breath. "You're all mine girl. Now be good and this sha'n't last to long. Be a naughty girl and I'll teach you a lesson ya won't ever forget!"


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 05:31 pm

She growled and moved faster, pushing him back and the dagger following her hand.. The dagger went across his cheek... She moved away. "Leave me alone...."


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 05:33 pm

"Naughty girl? I'll show you what's done to naughty girls 'round here!" He lunged at her, his arms groping out in front of him, one going towards her neck and the other for her throat. It's as if he couldn't decided if he wanted to kill her or rape her.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 05:35 pm

She lunged at him the dagger going to one of his lungs. The dagger made its way into the lung then she twisted it sharply.


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 05:36 pm

"Da..am... n.. you!" He grabbed her by the neck and began to weakly choke her.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 05:38 pm

She moved away and took his hands off of her then made her way to the door.. She didnt feel right in there then.. at that time.. She sighed and went out.. she looked at her dagger and threw it to the ground.. "Smart Liz... Real.. Real smart... " She shook her head again and went to a tree and leaned towards it.. her head to the tree.


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 05:41 pm

The man managed to lift his head up to see her walk out of the door. He quivered as his muscles gave out and collapsed in a pool of vermillion blood on the floor.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 05:43 pm

She looked around for any signs of somekind of water source.. She didnt feel clean.. She needed to wash.. wash her face.. her hands.. her body..


Posted By: Magus Mar 02, 2005 - 05:46 pm

Thomas hopped out after her. Shabel wanted to stop him, wanted to call him back. But he couldn't. He found that he hadn't the voice for it... nor the heart.

Thomas made his way out of the bar but was lost to be able to find her. He wanted to help her...

But he knew he couldn't. Not now at least. She wanted him to be human. SHe had said so. She had wished it to be so... even tried it. He could at least oblige her that much.

Thomas went back into the inn and found the abjuror Elenor. He hopped over to her and frantically began clicking at her in a way that he hoped she'd understand the importance of what he was trying to say.


Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 05:57 pm

She started to walk.. She walked aimlessly now looking for a place to clean herself.. After some time of walking she found a small lake.. She looked around to check if the coast was clear and then she started to take off her close. She put her things to the side then went into the water. She walked out to where it was a little above her waist.
User avatar
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 10536
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Illinois
 

 

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:02 pm

Posted By: Moe Mar 02, 2005 - 06:04 pm

She started to wash the water over her arms. She shook her head as thoughts went through. She then moved to go where it was deeper and go under water.


Posted By: xyster Mar 03, 2005 - 05:32 am

Elenor looked down to the hare, looking from it to the door and back. It was plain that the rabbit wanted something...but she had no idea what, nor why he was asking of her...unless it was something only she could give.

Elenor turned to Lancet, "Lancet."

The child looked at her, her eyes full of understanding. She turned to Thomas, looking deep into his eyes, looking into his heart for what he desired of Elenor.

She turned to Elenor, talking to quietly, "He wishes to be able to help Shabel-Rae and the others, but believes that his current form is not sufficient."


Posted By: Magus Mar 03, 2005 - 06:24 am

Thomas nodded excitedly at Lancet's words. She had undersdtood his message perfectly. He hoped she could undersdtand his next one as well.

"Change me, please! I need to be stronger!"


Posted By: xyster Mar 03, 2005 - 08:50 am

Elenor looked from Lancet back to Thomas, "And what does he want from me?"

Lancet turned back to his eyes, peering deeply into them, reading his soul, "He believes that you can do this for him."

Elenor's eyes widened slightly. She cast a sidelong glance at Shabel-Rae, wondering if he knew of this. She supposed that she should let Shabel-Rae know...but she knew that he would never allow her to do this. He may respect her power, but it was obvious that he would never trust her.

She stood, pushing herself away from the table, "Outside...I must go outisde for this." She glanced back at Lancet and Thomas, "Are you coming?" Without seeing if they followed, she exited the inn.


Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 03, 2005 - 11:59 am

Hashin watched over the others, thoughtful.


Posted By: Magus Mar 03, 2005 - 12:02 pm

Thomas hopped off without another thought, following at the heals of Elenor.

Yissam saw with eyes unseen from his stool as he downed his ale. This was none of his business he knew. It was never his intention to involve himself in the affairs of others. But now, for the first time, he considered if maybe it was best to make this action known to the others.


Posted By: xyster Mar 03, 2005 - 12:22 pm

Elenor stopped a short ways outside of the inn, glancing around to see if anyone was near. She waited until both Thomas and Lancet had made their way out, then turned to Lancet, "What form would our friend like? We must be quick before we are found out."

Lancet knelt down by Thomas peering into his eyes and trying to decipher what she saw there.


Posted By: Magus Mar 03, 2005 - 01:33 pm

"I want... to be strong..." He stammered. "I want to be able to help my friends in battle... to be as mighty as they..."


Posted By: Moe Mar 03, 2005 - 03:26 pm

She soon was done washing herself and made her way out of the water. Once getting to land she tied her hair back with some yarn she had in her pouch and then put on her dress. She closed her eyes and side then sat down next to the water's edge.


Posted By: * raye * Mar 03, 2005 - 04:11 pm

Rieze shrugged and left Yissam sitting by himself, obviously lost in his thoughts. she went to the corner where Niran had been, nonchalantly stepping over a body without a thought in the world. she surveyed the people in the room and felt a sudden bout of sadness wash over her. she slid to the floor in the corner and sat, just thinking, looking deep within her soul.

the appearance of Niran had dredged up mixed feelings and forgotten memories. Anger. Shame, overwhelming shame. The look on Niran's face when rieze had struck, struck someone while their back was turned.

"what are you doing here, Rieze? what are you doing with your life?" she muttered, biting her lip as her thoughts fought each other for the domination of her mind.

***********************

Niran wandered, causing odd problems, silly little pranks. she actually saved a young boy from being trampled, getting a face full of dust in thanks. she wandered to a small body of water and saw a woman sitting silently, meditating it seemed. she wasn't moving. niran made herself viible and wandered closer.

"miss? excuse me, are you alright?" she asked in a soft tone, exposing an almost human kindness as she lightly touched the woman's shoulder. she looked familiar. . .wasn't she the rabbit' woman from the inn? what was she doing here?


Posted By: Magus Mar 03, 2005 - 04:51 pm

Yissam forgot about Thomas for a moment. He saw Rieze, and began to walk over towards her.

It seemed so unusual to Yissam for him to be actively seeking out companionship... his brother was the rare case. All of his life he had harem and slave girls, Orc, Human and Half-Breeds, at his feet and answering to his call, serving him when he saw them fit to. He had use of the finest women in the world, the most beautiful girls. Why did he seek this one out among the many? What was so important about her? What made her different from the rest?

Why was he so compelled to be near her? Why did he actively seek her out to be with?

Was it love? Yissam doubted that. But yet it had to be something.

She seemed much like him, in some ways. Before this both of them seemed to be doomed to walk this earth alone, without any true friends of companions to share it with. They seemed both outcasts from one sociaty or another. No, it wasn't love. But it was a deep and profound respect that he held for her. And he found it impossible to suffer her loneliness... her sorrow.

"May I join you?"


Posted By: Moe Mar 03, 2005 - 06:02 pm

She opened her eyes and looked behind her to the woman who had touched her should and her mouth came open slowly. "....Hello...im.. alright.."


Posted By: xyster Mar 04, 2005 - 06:38 am

Lancet looked up, "He wants to be stronger, strong like the others."

Elenor nodded. She brought her hands together in front of her, causing dark flames to spring to life. She knelt down by the rabbit, laying her hands on him, "No power comes without a price."

Suddenly purple flames surrounded the rabbit, seeming to engulf him, but not burning. Slowly the flames begin to grow larger, the shape inside of the flames changing as Elenor poured energy into him.


Posted By: * raye * Mar 04, 2005 - 12:43 pm

Niran drew away, thinking she saw fright in the woman's eyes, she hadn't been around people for a long time so her judgement was rusty.

"I apologize if I frightened you. You looked sad or . . . lonely. I don't know, you looked like you needed a friend or something." Niran trailed off. she was never very good at explaining her thoughts through words.

***

Rieze looked up at Yissam towering over her. Automatically it seemed as if she was pulled from her melancholy mood, her feelings and confusion quickly concealed and bottled up within. she laughed softly, a grin on her face.

"you want to sit on the floor with me, Master Yissam? be my guest. I find the floor much more comfortable than chairs. after all, why should I conform to the standards of a society that doesn't seem to like me?" she grinned and her eyes flared a brief purple.


Posted By: Magus Mar 04, 2005 - 03:17 pm

"Indeed." He smirked. "I know where you are coming from." He bent over and took his seat beside her on the floor.


Posted By: Magus Mar 04, 2005 - 03:19 pm

Thomas felt... strange. There was really no other way to describe it. The flames didn't burn, but he felt them all the same, a numb tickling that had engulfed his body.

He felt himself change his form. It was an irresistable pulling in every diraction. All of his senses seemed to sharped... all of his muscles seemed to expand. And then there was the power.

For once he felt as if he could save the world... or maybe rule it. It was the most wonderful feeling of relief.

He now knew that he was not a burden. He had a place... a purpose... a destiny. Nowe he could actualize it.


Posted By: Moe Mar 04, 2005 - 04:16 pm

She would put her pouch to her side and started to walk back to the tavern. She let her hair down and was running her fingers through it slowly and started to hum::


Posted By: Magus Mar 04, 2005 - 05:19 pm

Thomas felt a creaking and stretching from his body. Even louder was the slurping sound that came as he felt his bones grow. He felt his legs atretch and his arms spread. He felt his paws widen and divide into fingers and toes. His body was still engulfed in the flame, and it hid his form completely.


Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 05, 2005 - 07:23 am

Hashin looked up, and the image of a spirit stood before him. Obviously, no one but the shaman could see it, for it was in his mind that the energy before him took shape. It was a man in ragged black clothes, very old and thin, hunched over sickly, his skin rotten and half-decayed. The eyes were a pale green light, like half-moons.

You, Hashin spoke to him in his mind. He was barely concerned. What do YOU want?

The same as you. To feel. To live.

You're dead. You are owed no place here.

I come to you, Shaman, by request of a friend.

No friends have I that would offer ear to you.

I have, said the spirit.

Who? asked Hashin.

Isea. She sent me.

ISEA? No. She was lost ... in the Void.

Her spirit has found its way back to the higher Plane. Her soul is fair, but needs much rest. Great shaman spirits are tending to her. She sent me, for I am a servant of the House of Souls Returned, to bring you a message: You and your friends have not met by chance. You have met for a greater purpose. The gods of fairness and peace call upon you to battle the High Lord and Neseldin. There is a weapon, terrible and immense, that no army could destroy. But a small band might manage to sneak inside ... and destroy it.

Hashin was intrigued by this news. His heart was to the news of his dead sister, but his mind locked itself onto news of this weapon. He asked, What weapon is this?

I fear I do not know. Neither do the gods. It is protected from their view. It can destroy the world. Neseldin wants the world in tact, only for that reason do they not use it now. They save it as a threat, and as a desperate resort. It must be destroyed, if the world has any hope.

Where is it?

In their highest tower, on their highest floor, guarded by their mightiest Dragons. You must get inside that tower --

All those levels? Unseen? How is that possible?

The one named Phantom can do it. He has the power.

He is left us. And he is an enemy.

Find another way, then.

Why us?

You are chosen. Each of you has a part to play, even you.

My path is my own, said Hashin. He waved his arm, and the image was gone. He sat back in his chair, lowering his head with an aura of hope. "Isea ... "


Posted By: * raye * Mar 05, 2005 - 11:57 am

Niran watched as the woman walked away from her. she shrugged, she was used to being snubbed, even if humans did not know of her demon blood, they could sense something off about her. she didn't blame them.

she was here for a reason, she knew, she could feel it. these people needed her and she needed them. if only they would see that!

then, as Niran was shuffling slowly down the street, a sudden prickling sensation went down her spine. magic, and powerful magic. someone was performing a powerful spell. she tracked the magic the best she could but it was evening out, she had to find the source before they stopped the spell. not caring who saw, she ran down the street, her arms flung out, her cloak billowing behind her. in one fluid, graceful movement her feet left the ground, lifting her into the sky. she was no longer in human form, she was a bird, an eagle, a master of the sky.
User avatar
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 10536
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Illinois
 

 

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:03 pm

Posted By: * raye * Mar 05, 2005 - 12:03 pm

Rieze looked curiously at Yissam. he lived with honor, and knowing what she had done, why did he not shun her?

"Master Yissam, a question for you? I told you of my darkest deed and that I have no honor to my name, why then do you not spurn me as any warrior with any honor would?"

Rieze was confused. the others who knew this secret had not taken it quite as well. perhaps orcs did not have the same rules of engagement as her people did. perhaps he thought it was perfectly logical to strike when one's opponent's back was turned. Rieze's head whirled with questions.


Posted By: Magus Mar 05, 2005 - 12:23 pm

Yissam was not accustomed to being surprised. But he welcomed the change. "Honor takes many forms, milady. It has many faces, just as the same is for villainy. One's intent is often more honorable then ones actions. And one's soul is more honorable then one's intent. I am not one to judge honor. I only treat is as it is shown to me. And you, milady, are an honorable woman... and honorable warrior."


Posted By: Moe Mar 05, 2005 - 12:27 pm

Liz finnaly got back to the tavern place. She sighed and made her way in. She didnt notice the man in flames.. she went strait for the bar and sat down on a tall stool.


Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 06, 2005 - 07:00 am

Hashin stepped to a darkened corner, and sat. He lit and started smoking upon a long, slender red glass pipe. It was a rare sight indeed. Nor was it becoming of this handsome, healthy young man. The smoke was green, thick, and curcled through the air like blood in water. The shaman's eyes grew dark and distant.


Posted By: * raye * Mar 06, 2005 - 08:15 am

Rieze smiled broadly, a rare sight of late on her pretty face.

"that, Master Yissam, means a lot when coming from you. thank you. your words whisper wisdom." she caught sight of Hashin in the shadows. she directed Yissam's attention to the shaman.

"what do you make of that? it does not suit him at all. how odd."
------------------------

Niran circled over the man in flames and let herself fall close to the ground, changing to a human form again and landing gracefully on her feet.

"That is powerful magic." Niran remarked, eyeing up the elf working the magic. perhaps she had found a kindred soul. niran stood by curiously, waiting for her chance to speak with the elf.


Posted By: Magus Mar 06, 2005 - 07:54 pm

Yissam eyed the shaman solomly. "We all have our burdens to bear. Perhaps some of us require some help with them, from time to time. Mayhap that pipe is his truest companion. But I know naught of it for certain."


Posted By: xyster Mar 07, 2005 - 05:37 am

Elenor flicked her hands and drew back, pulling the flames with her. They slowly faded, going back to whence they had come.

Elenor smirked slightly, seeing Thomas in his new form. She hadn't expected something exactly like that, but he appeared to be much more powerful now. She was also surprised that Shabel-Rae hadn't deceted the magic and investigated. It was too late for that now.


Posted By: Magus Mar 07, 2005 - 08:50 am

Thomas felt a glow about him and then felt it dissapate. But dissapate wasn't the right word for it. The glow seemed to absorb into his skin, pulling his body together in some last kind of cohesion that would hold his new form.

Thomas Swiftfoot looked at his new form and was pleased. His skin was the color of a light cream, tanned but not overly so. He was tall, a giant by the standards of where he had been before. He could only guess, but he seemed to be over six feet tall!

He was thin, lanky and very lithe. His long fingers ended not with nails, but with small pointed claws. He twitched his ears and found that they were still white rabbit's ears, albiet proportional to his new body.

He was further surprised to find that he was now clothed. He was a dark blue tunic trimmed with gold and dark forest emerald leggings. His feets were covered in leather maccasons and about his waist was a leather belt where, attached to it, was short blade and a dagger.


Posted By: xyster Mar 07, 2005 - 09:35 am

Elenor wobbled slightly, she had spent much power in that spell. Transformations were not easy, especially when she had no powersource besides her own strength. She righted herself, "Are you pleased with your new form?"


Posted By: Magus Mar 07, 2005 - 12:18 pm

Thomas clear blues eyes looked again at his body. He stretched out his hands and turned them over, examining them. Finally, in a tongue that all, at last, could understand, he spoke.

"Yes! I am indebted to you more then you'll ever know!" His voice was a smooth and chipper alto. He sounded like a young boy... or perhaps a younge man. But he was a creature in he prime of his life in a body that he had dreamt of for so long.


Posted By: Moe Mar 07, 2005 - 02:36 pm

She heard the young man's voice and quarked a brow at it. She didnt turn to see who the new voice was, but she did get up and go to shabel's table. "Where is Thomas?"


Posted By: Magus Mar 07, 2005 - 02:56 pm

Shabel-Rae looked at Elizebeth. Then he turned to Hex.

"I haven't seen him in a while. It's been about as long since I last saw..."

Immediately he was up. He should have known better!

Thomas... He thought. What have you done?


Posted By: Moe Mar 07, 2005 - 03:05 pm

She quirked a brow watching Shabel. "Whast wrong?"


Posted By: Magus Mar 07, 2005 - 03:10 pm

Shabel-Rae didn't have time to explain to her. "Thomas..."

And like a streak of lightening he dashed out the door, not knowing or caring if any followed.


Posted By: Moe Mar 07, 2005 - 03:20 pm

She stared and sat down not wanting to know what was going on.. She sighed softly.


Posted By: Magus Mar 07, 2005 - 03:23 pm

Shabel-Rae reached the door and flung it open. He stepped once outside before he stopped in his tracks. He stumbled foreward for several steps before his knees gave out and he fell on them. But he always looked at his face... the new face of Thomas Swiftfoot, his longtime friend and companion.

Breathlessly he explaimed the only thing that would come to his mouth. "Gods..."


Posted By: Moe Mar 07, 2005 - 03:33 pm

She put her head to the table and yawned.


Posted By: xyster Mar 08, 2005 - 05:14 am

Elenor walked around Thomas, appearing from behind him. Her eyes were cold and deprived of emotion. She looked almost demonic as she stood there, a slight smirk on her face.

Slowly the look faded, Lancet had walked nearer to her. The child was standing right beside Elenor; she reached up and took the elf's hand.

Elenor stood there, waiting for the barrage she knew that would come. Shabel-Rae would have a few choice words for her, she was sure.


Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 08, 2005 - 12:04 pm

"It is Donjer. Old tongue for Crazy Root. It allows me to percieve things on a whole different level while emotionally conscious," explained Hashin to Yissam.


Posted By: Magus Mar 08, 2005 - 01:35 pm

Yissam cracked a thin smile. "I bet it does."
User avatar
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 10536
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Illinois
 

 

Rise of Neseldin: Part One

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:36 pm

This is now closed, the adventure continued on a new thread: "Ancient Darkness: Rise of Neseldin."
User avatar
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author
 
Posts: 5268
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:20 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
 

Previous

Return to Lycoria: The Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron