speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Ancient Darkness: The Experiments

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mr_D » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:55 pm

"Soon enough they will rise. I do not know if there is a power in this world capable of stopping them." Vergil said. "That is why I have gathered an army the likes of which this world has never before seen."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:17 pm

"Are you sure that claim is correct?" said Sir Sath with one brow raised.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:11 pm

"Trust me my friend. The world has never seen an army quite like this one." Vergil said. Some of the soldiers seemed to carry an unnatural air about them, their eyes, the only parts of them visible through their armour seemed hollow, with a strange inner light.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby FantasyMan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:10 am

"Hold on just a second! Who is Neseldin and what is the seeming army of all doom that is building?" asked Xin, butting in.
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place
FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:45 am

"Neseldin is an ancient city of the northeast," explained Sir Sath. "It was once a large and terrible empire, ruled by the powerful Imperators, who still rule there today; beings who were once human students of the Ancients, before they helped to destroy them and try to take control of the whole world. They created many dark races to follow them, such as the Orcs and Trolls. The races of Humans, Elves and Dwarves united as an Alliance to stop the Neseldin Empire from its task. A sphere encased the center of their power, and it was destroyed the by the Gryphons, long ago. Thus they were defeated, their armies mostly destroyed, the rest retreating back within their well-fortified walls. There they have remained in secret seclusion, for thousands of years. And now, it seems, they have risen to continue in their efforts, still founded by their belief that only they can lead the world where it is meant to go. And where that is, I wouldn't wish to know."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:04 pm

"It shall not be easy, and there stands a substantial risk that we shall not return alive. But as long as they stand in my way they shall not be spared." Vergil spoke coldly, watching as his troops organised themselves again.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:23 pm

Sir Sath scratched his nose and looked about with thoughtfulness. "Do you mean to say," he said, "that you plan to lead your army ... into Neseldin?"
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:39 pm

"Of course." Vergil replied with a calm matter-of-fact smile that betrayed no fear or doubt.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:56 pm

"And ... how many warriors do you have?" asked Sir Sath.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:02 pm

"The size is not the deciding factor in war." Vergil replied. "We are some sixty five thousand strong."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:11 pm

"Oh, I imagine Neseldin has much more than that," said Sir Sath. "I would play your strategy with great care; I have some pull with some northern kingdoms ... their generals must be plotting against Neseldin by now."
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:14 pm

"It seems likely. Though they have kept a great deal of secrecy to their actions it doesn't take much to figure out their intentions. There hasn't been this much movement around those parts for a long time."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Lycoria: The Stories