speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Ancient Darkness: Last Prophecy of the Diamond Eye

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Ancient Darkness: Last Prophecy of the Diamond Eye

Postby Raye » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:56 am

(GabriAlle of the Diamond Eye - an ancient elven woman who some say has been granted immortality by the gods. She's a prophet, and sees things in her sleep. She will not say if she is immortal or not, only state cryptically that she has a mission and will live until it has been completed, no matter how long. Some say she even remembers the Great War. She is a stooped old lady, covered in wrinkles with braids of silvery hair. One of her eyes is a cloudy, tired blue and the other is a solid diamond.)

(Iselia Bazirey - an elven maiden who has been trained to one day become a great mage but has not yet reached the age nor does she have the wisdom to become one yet. She's fairly competent with a sword as well, and has befriended, Ashemtaiden and the run-away Perryn. She is of some distant relation to GabriAlle, and affectionately calls her grandmama. She is a patient, calm kind of person.)

The ornate china tea service crashed to the slick oak floor, tea cups and saucers smashing into thousands of sharp little pieces, the brown tea spattering everywhere, steaming and hot. The noise echoed through the big, empty manor house, resounding and reverberating off of the high, painted ceilings, carved marble archways and sturdy walls.

A beautiful elven maid came running, blonde hair streaming, her dainty feet skirting safely around the mess. She rushed to the old woman who had been carrying the tea service and now leaned heavily against an ionic column, clutching her heart and breathing raggedly. Her one blue eye had rolled up into her head, the other, a solid diamond eye, glowed with a soft golden light.

"Grandmama! Grandmama! What's happening to you?" She asked frantically in concern. The old woman went rigid and her voice flowed from her lips, pure and musical, practically tangible. It seemed odd that such a beautiful voice should come from such a stooped, tired, wrinkled old woman.

"TIME HAS COME TO TAKE ACTION. THE DARK ONES HAVE RETURNED. THEY SEEK TO DO WHAT THEY COULD NOT BEFORE. THEY SEE US AS WEAK AND HAVE ACQUIRED A NEW WEAPON. A WEAPON SO DEADLY NONE WILL BE ABLE TO RESIST IT. YET HOPE REMAINS AS MEN HAVE THE WILL TO STAND AND FIGHT FOR THEIR BELIEFS. I SEE NOW- A SMALL BAND NO MORE THAN A DOZEN AND A HALF, BUT PERHAPS LESS. THEY KNOW OF THE RETURN, THEY HAVE SEEN IT BUT WHAT IS MORE, THEY HAVE FELT THE WRATH OF NESELDIN AND SURVIVED. THEY SEEK TO STOP THE DARK ONES BUT KNOW NOT OF THE WEAPON. THEY WILL NOT BE ENOUGH. NOR WILL THEY WHO ALLY THEMSELVES WITH THE PHEONIX OR THOSE WHO SOCIETY HAS SPURNED WHO NOW FIND REST WITH NIGHT. THREE QUARTERS OF ONE. THEY NEED A FOURTH PART FOR THE WHOLE . . ."

The words trickled to an end and the golden light of the diamond eye flickered out. The old woman shivered and shuddered, collapsing in tall-backed winged chair.

"Bring me parchment." She croaked roughly, nothing like the beautiful voice of moments ago. The elvish maiden nodded and hurried off, her shoes crunching pieces of the china tea service. A tea now long forgotten.
"Romance is dead - it was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece." - Lisa Simpson

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=raye_lian
http://spaces.msn.com/members/krazyfox/
Raye
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Raye » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:57 am

(Ashemtaiden Ka- more machine than human, she is trying to learn about human emotions and feelings, concepts that she is having trouble grasping. She is tall and slender, a perfect physique. She has thin, silvery white skin that stretches over her machine gears, making her appear somewhat human. Her eyes are a glowing kind of pink, and she has long white hair. She does not feel pain, nor does she bleed when wounded. Her maker believed her to be perfect, and this she has adopted as her own belief, believing herself far superior to humans, and a gift to all humankind. She's also superiorly intelligent and cannot be killed (just disassembled).)

(Perryn Turis - a human female of a little just over the age of 20 years old. She is pretty but her delicate features are marred by a long, thin scar that stretches the three and a half inches from her right eyebrow to her cheekbone, a reminder of a life she risked everything to escape. She is petite and small- about 5'3" and slender. She's taught herself how to fight, and is learned in sword fighting, one of her better kept secrets. She has slightly wavy dark red hair that reaches about to the middle of her back. Her eyes are a stormy blue-green-gray.)

The elven maid burst into a large, dark room in the manor house. She ransacked the desk, looking, looking.

Another woman, unnaturally tall with pale skin and long white blonde hair crept out of the shadows. "What is it that you seek, Iselia?" She asked calmly. The elf shrieked in surprise.

"Parchment. Grandmama wants parchment." she babbled, staring at the woman with large eyes.

"Left drawer. There is a quill and ink in there as well. Is GabriAlle quite alright?" She asked all in the same, even tone, her eyes bright and piercing.

"I. . . I don't know. She had a vision."

"Well she is a prophetess."

"Right. I have to go to her." Iselia said, grabbing the parchment, a bottle of ink, and a quill as she ran from the room. She took them straight to the old woman who nodded in thanks and wrote furiously in spidery elaborate handwriting. The wet ink glistened silver against the yellowy parchment as she scribbled hurriedly. She had just finished, rolling it into a scroll when the tall pale woman strode in.

"Listen closely, both of you." The old woman said to them. "Take Perryn and go to the nearest city. Neseldin has returned and brought with them a danger far more deadly than either of you could hope to imagine. To destroy it you must – " the old woman's instructions were cut short by the crash of glass as a window broke, a man dressed entirely in black and scarlet leapt in. Chaos ensued, dishes crashed as the house was ransacked, furniture was upturned, and the house torched.

The unnaturally tall blonde woman escaped, followed by a small human woman with dark red hair and a scar on the right side of her face. The human woman did not look to be over 25 years old, as she gasped and leaned against a tree trunk.

"Perryn, we must not stop if you wish to live." The tall woman cautioned in the same, even tone.

"What about GabriAlle and Iselia?"

"Dead. May I suggest we go now?" she asked, eying the burning house.
"Romance is dead - it was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece." - Lisa Simpson

Raye
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Raye » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:59 am

Perryn sat staring into her mug of ale numbly. She was in an inn, somewhere. She and Ashemtaiden had run most of the night, stealing a horse from a farm they passed. When they had reached the inn, they'd let the horse free. It could find its way home. A single tear streaked down her cheek as she thought of her friends, Iselia and GabriAlle. Dead. But why?

"You cry. Why?" Ashemtaiden asked, looking at her curiously.

"I'm sad." Perryn answered, knowing that there was no way Ashemtaiden could ever understand, she was a machine.

"Sad is an. . . emotion?"

"Yes." Perryn answered shortly, looking at the scroll of parchment that held the last prophecy of the diamond eye. Neseldin. She'd have thought it was a joke if she didn't know better. So Neseldin was back. Great.

Perryn's slim fingers closed around the scroll as she pulled it toward her. Silently, she slipped it into her cloak. Luckily, Ashemtaiden had some money and they'd used part of it to buy new clothes. Perryn had been glad to shed her soot-stained pajamas for the black trousers, boots, and shirt. The corset, not so much, but Ashemtaiden insisted that she had seen women dressed in such a fashion. Perryn wore black while Ashemtaiden had on shades of blue with her blonde hair pulled up into a ponytail. She wore a glove on her left hand to conceal the place that she had been burned, for her machinery poked through the thin skin. Eventually the skin would regenerate, but until it did, she would cover it up.

Perryn sat in silence, staring into space, wondering whta to do next.

Raye
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby FallenStars&Angels » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:39 am

(Saida Salamasina is a mercenary, and never lacking in work. She knows more about wielding a weapon, any weapon, than most Masters will ever hope to know. She is ambidextrous, preferring to fight with a sword in her right hand and a whip in her left. She is proud to a fault, stubborn as an ox, and extremely careful about who she trusts. She wears her bright blonde (almost yellow) hair cropped short, but long enough to cover the black star on the back of her neck that identifies her as a member of the nobility. she ran away from her family, her possessions, and her inheritance, and has more secrets than most. her eyes are a deceptively dull green, and the most note able pieces of her wardrobe are her weapons: sword, whip, no less than 5 daggers concealed in various places on her person, and the wicked, razor sharp rings she wears on each finger. As of yet she is neither good nor evil, but could easily be swung either way)

She watched the pair from the other side of the inn. The girl was overwrought, no doubt about the attack Saida has orchestrated earlier. The machine seated across from the human was being more sensible, Saida had always tried to emulate the machines, she despised emotions and did her best to hide hers. She didn't know why she had been told to muster her ragtag forces and burn the house, her superior at the moment contacted her through a network of underlings and secrecy, and it wasn't her job to ask questions. Her job was to discreetly dispose of any and all survivors. It was imperative that she was not seen, so she had donned black pants and covered her hair with a black kercheif. Black rags were wrapped around the silver hilt of her sword, which lay under her fingertips, at the ready. The only thing that kept her from fading entirely into the shadows was her shirt, which was the color of freshly spilt blood. She settled herself into her booth with a pint of cold ale. from the looks of the human hunched over the table acac crosshe room, she wouldn't be going anywhere for awhile. It didn't matter if the pair stayed in the crowded bar for days, the girl would not live much longer, and the machine would soon be dissassembled. Even as the pair sat in silence broken only by the odd sob from the redhead, Saida's dark force were stealthily placing themselves at every exit, waiting for the order to kill
FallenStars&Angels
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Xyster » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:01 pm

(Celest is a slender woman, large busted and small hipped. She has flowing black hair that she keeps tied back in a thick braid ending in a bright blue bow while she is not working except for the lock of bangs that hangs over her right eye. Her skin is pale as ivory and her left eye is deep blue, the other a fractured gem. She has soft, almost child like features. She wears long black gloves, tall leather boots, and a dark, lowcut dress of a fine, but durable material. Depite her beauty she has a somewhat unsavory air about her most of the time.)

Celest glanced around at the bar. She had seen the darkness looming here in three of her seven visions, not a bad fraction really. Most likely something would happen soon...she paused noting the two women at one table. She had seen them before...in two of a clutch of her visions, a very strange event indeed. She rarely saw faces in her visions, and ever more rare was such a clear set more than once.

She glanced at the drunked man she had been sitting with. The slob was actually asleep in his food, not that was uncommon for the men she chose to associate with. Grabing the large coin purse that hung on the man's belt, she opened it and withdrew a small amount of coin, replacing the purse where she had found it. She was cutting her time with him short, so she didn't take the whole fee, but she wasn't going to leave empty handed.

Standing, she slowly made her way over to the table with the women at it, not really paying attention to if they wanted her there or not. she pulled up a chair from another table, spinning it around so that she sat backwards on it, straddling the back okf the chair. Smiling slightly, she flipped most of her hair out of her face, "You two look a little out of place here..." She looked them over her visible eye roaming in an uncomforting manner, as if she were sizing them up for something, "...Is there something that I could do for you?"
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Raye » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:47 am

Ashemtaiden fixed the woman with a solid, unblinking pale stare that had unnerved so many before this woman. Perryn sniffed and pushed away her rum, not really wanting it anyway.

"No." Ashemtaiden said stoically, watching her with the same unblinking gaze.

"Ash, be nice." Perryn said, offering the woman a handshake and gesturing to the chair beside her. "I'm Perryn. this is Ashemtaiden. " she nodded to the machine-like woman who just stared. "I really can't think of anything at the moment. but thank you so much. we've been through a lot."

"your eye. have you always had it?" Ash asked in the same monotonous tone that she always employed.

"Ash!" Perryn snapped, horrified at her companion's rudeness.

"It reminds me of the old woman. that is all." Ash said, reasoning with her horrified human friend.

Raye
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Xyster » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:49 am

Celest smiled kindly, "Don't worry, I've been treated far worse..." She flicked her right glove down slightly, revealing a deep purple bruise of some size. Pulling the glove back up, she turned to Ash, "An old woman you say? I didn't know that there were any others like the old man I got this from." She gestured to her eye before combing the bangs back over it with her fingers, "I recieved it nearly a decade ago, but was most definitely not born with it. The man said that I had a type of farsight...some sort of potential for it..."

She leaned closer, "Are you sure that I can't help you in some way? Two of my recent visions included you, and I don't usually have that kind of odds with the faces of strangers...."
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Raye » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:47 pm

"you're a prophet too?" asked Perryn, her eyes sparkling in interest.

Ashemtaiden grew bored with the woman and went about scanning the others in the inn.

"you've never heard of immortal GabriAlle of the diamond eye? she was most famous. kind too." Perryn paused and lowered her voice for only Celest to hear. "she's dead now. i am the keeper of her last prophecy. would you like to see it?"

Raye
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Xyster » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:22 pm

"I know of her, the prophecy of her death is what shattered my eye. I now have...problems...with my visions." She bent closer, "A darkness is coming, I've seen it in all of my visions, vague as they may be. Is this her last prophecy?"
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Raye » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:27 pm

Perryn drew the parchment from her cloak and passed it to Celest subtly.

"she spoke of the return of Neseldin. and four parts of a whole." Perryn said, leaning in and speaking almost inaudibly.

Raye
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Xyster » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:42 pm

Celest took the parchment carefully, looking over it with one eye. She nodded, "As I fearerd...something this big was the only thing that could unify my visions..." She frowned in concentration, passing the parchment back, "You should be very careful. Something dark is brooding about you...mostlikely. I'm afraid that my visions are not all that accurate."
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby FallenStars&Angels » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:05 pm

Saida regarded the newcomer coolly, sizing her up should she come to her targets' defenses. Even without the silent battalion stationed all around the inn, Saida could easily have dispensed with all three gathered around the table. She'd beaten at least a dozen fully grown men on more than one occasion, these three should be no problem.

Rising, she sauntered past the bar, dropping a few coins into the grimy jar in front of the barkeep, though she hadn't had anything to eat or drink. He deserved some compensation for what was coming. Assuming he lived through it, of course.

Unnoticed by those she was watching, Saida slipped outside and gave her men the signal to advance into the inn and complete their assignment.
FallenStars&Angels
Site Regular
Site Regular

Next

Return to Lycoria: The Stories