speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Meroldor Reborn

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Loxley » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:40 pm

Arden did not replace the sword at the knight's throat. Instead, he bowed deeply, as far as the lances on his throat allowed him to, and said: "Far be it from me to mess around with a dashing goddess like her, but my decision remains, knight. I've never abandoned an ally before, and I'm not about to start now..." He looked around at his men, covered in the coagulated blood of their enemies, grimy-faced and exhausted, weary of battle, but with one thing in common.

"And there isn't one of my men that does not feel the same way.", he concluded, the grip hardening on his sword. He studied the knight suddenly, and frowned. "...are you really his friend?"
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:54 am

Seeing the commotion as he stepped out into the dayt light Andreas casually dusted his hands off. When two of his men stepped out he quickly told them to find any other soldier they could find and free them of this stone prison. Hand placed casually on his knife at his hip he walked beside Arden. "So first each of help my men fight and free Moroldor lifting the citizens hearts? And now you bring them back down into the filth of the street. Lelouch I ask that you stave off 'arresting' Sol until the reclamation of Moroldor is full, then you three children can take it outside the city gates so the adults of Moroldor can rebuild in piece."

Dusting his sleeves off Carpathian walked down the old market street. Noticing the homegaurd turn a corner two stood beside a door in attention. Walking in the door he saw four men who had helped him open up the door to the hospital sitting around the table drinking and for once smiling. Deciding it was a welcome change Carpathian took off his coat and pulled up another chair with a smile.

With tears in his eyes he dug deeper beneath the old weeping willow. He was surprised the spot on the small island on the graveyard had not been taken yet. Another pile of dirt was accompained by another tear to dampen it. Shoving the shovel into the ground once more he yanked it free with another pile. As the dirt fell to the ground his eyes caught sight of Aireya and he broke down once again. Falling to his knees he cryed uncontrollably into his hands.
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Loxley » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:39 am

Arden looked at Andreas for a moment, then shrugged, and elegantly retracted his sword back into it's scabbard. His men instantly followed his example and put away their swords. Arden looked at Lelouch, and said: "If you really are his friend, you won't try and arrest him. Whatever he has done in the past, he got a clean slate as soon as he risked his own life to save this city." He looked up in the sky, and a realization overcame him. He sighed, and looked to his lieutenant. Sinaht raised his eyebrows. "I've got to get going.", Arden said. "You know, the business we discussed, in Lycoria..." Sinaht nodded.

"I remember.", he said. He whistled, and one of the men approached them. "Go and wake the captain's brother.", he said. "And bring two rested horses and food and provisions for two men for a month in the wild." The soldier hurried away with a short nod. Arden gave Lelouch one last look. He did not like to leave at a time like this, but they had little choice in the matter if he was to save one of his agents from certain execution in Lycoria.

"The toll of being a captain.", he sighed, as he moved up to the two white horses that some of his men brought. "As soon as business is concluded here in Merolder...", he said to Sinaht as he mounted the horse. "...take the men back to Kuthersia. I'll contact you via Rukie if I need to."

Soon, Greyhawk approached with his gear, and mounted the other horse. Then, the two men rode out through the city gates under silence, while Arden's men stayed behind to give the last assistance to the city to get back on it's feet. As always, they knew their captain's sense of adventure would get him into a world of trouble before his journey to Lycoria was over.

It would also earn him a considerable amount of beatings from women he tried to woo on the road, some of them noted with a silent chuckle. The memory of king Gunther's queen was still fresh in the band's minds, and their captain's reputation as a ladies' man was solid.

"Perhaps the women of Merolder can finally feel safe.", Rukie muttered sourly, earning a dry but whole-hearted laugh from Sinaht, nodding in agreement.

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr_D » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:59 pm

"Aiyu." Sol whispered to the fairy, his voice soft and gentle, soothing like a parent's. "Go with Kiarra and Llew. Keep the two of them safe." He said. Choking back tears the tiny sprite fluttered away, landing on Kiarra's head.

Sol allowed the knights to clamp his wrists in irons. The heavy shackles slammed into place with a dry creak as the bolts were fixed in place. Without a word of protest he followed behind Lelouch as the Legion led him from the city.

A bittersweet sensation washed over him as he he glimpsed Llew and Kiarra in their tender embrace. He brushed aside the pain, it was for the best. He felt his heart warm somewhat and smiled slightly as he passed them by. He did not spare a second glance for his comrades, so heavy was his heart that he felt it might break on the spot. Mounting a black charger he remained expressionless. The black horse trotted along behind Lelouch's, flanked on either side by the brilliant white mounts of the Legion's knights.

Looking over his shoulder he spared one last glance for the once glorious city of Meroldor and thought of everything that had happened until this moment. So many friends, so many enemies. Good times and bad. In his eyes the glistening white spires were reflected endlessly.

"Farewell." He whispered.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Loxley » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:20 pm

Sinaht and Rukie watched with disdain as the knights shackled Sol and took him away. Rukie shook her head and sighed. "Arden is going to be furious when he hears of this.", she said. "I wish there was something we could do for him." Sinaht nodded in agreement.
"Yeah...", he sighed. "I know. Maybe we can pull a few strings, hear with a few agents of ours over there, but in the end, I don't think there's much more we can do for him." He looked up into the sky, and took a deep breath. It began to rain, and dark clouds crept over the city. "It's time for us to leave as well.", he declared, then. "There is nothing more for us to do in Merolder."

"Are you planning to take up pursuit of the klundor?", Rukie asked. Sinaht shook his head.
"The captain didn't want me to, for some reason. I guess he thought it was needless. We're returning to Kuthersia as soon as the men are ready to leave."

It took less than an hour for the mercenary army to pack their things and be ready to leave. Soon, the hundred horses were lined up outside the keep of Merolder, with the soldiers on them ready to ride. Sinaht and Rukie approached Kiarra and Llew, and Sinaht cleared his throat, catching their attention with a smile. "Friends, it was an honor to fight beside you. I'm sorry that our captain had to leave in a hurry, but I am certain he would agree with me on this matter. I hope we will meet again in the future. Until then, however, I bid you both a safe journey and a happy life. You have saved Merolder, and you should be proud of yourselves."

He bowed to them, then turned around and headed for his horse. Rukie gave them both a warm smile before she followed him, and mounted her own horse. Soon thereafter, the band began to move. While the rain poured down, the ragtag band of exiled elven mercenaries left through Merolder's gates, on their way back to the home they held in the deepest forests of Kuthersia.

Loxley's blog

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ariel » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Kiarra looked to Sol with tear filled eyes. Her grief too deep for words. Somehow he would be freed. She had to believe that. Gently she stroked Aiyu trying to comfort her.

Slowly she turned to Sinaht barely hearing his words, nodding and returning his farewell. She gazed lovingly into Llew's eyes wondering what lay ahead.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Llew » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:14 pm

Llew watched as Sol was taken away, and it was all he could do to keep the wolf, and indeed himself, from the throats of Lelouch and his Knights. One day mayhap, he would go after him, but right now he could not. Together Llew and Kiarra watched as the Elven company prepared to leave, and Llew bowed gravely to Sinaht and Rukie as they said their goodbyes.
"Farewell my friends, may we indeed meet again...under happier circumstances," He said, glancing sadly in the direction Sol's captors had taken, "Until that day comes however, may the Goddess be with you and speed your journey."

Slowly the band moved off, horses plodding through the falling rain as they left the ruined city behind. Llew stood motionless in the street until they were out of sight, when he noticed Kiarra shiver in the cold drizzle and realized they were both soaked. With a look of concern he put an arm around her, as much for comfort as warmth, and together they moved down deserted streets towards the undamaged quarter of the city, where they would find a warm Inn with a roaring fire and some food.

They were married quietly the next day in a chapel of the Goddess, and after a happy week spent at the Inn, they started out for Fairhalla, accompanied by the two wolves.
They would return someday perhaps, when the city was rebuilt and children again played in the streets, but the battle scares and sorrows were still to fresh for their new life.
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58
Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:46 am

Andreas shook his head and went back to his duties. After the majority of the palace was escuvated he lay down to catch some sleep. The next morning he dressed and attended Llew and kiarra's wedding. After the ceremony he gathered the rest of his men, barely over eighty.

"Gentlemen you have faught bravely for the city. Your deed shall shake and ripple through history. We have lost many friends and allies and our hearts will probably never know the degree of happiness we once had. Know this my soldiers you will forever be named heroes. Children will sing of your mighty deeds, and the wicked will trimble at the very mention of your name. We may not recieved any earthly rewards or any that the world will happly recognize but the rewards our goddess bestows on us in the afterlife shall be great and many. Fer not the future men for we shall embrace it and see to it that it will not destroy us, we will live on across the plane of existence and destroy our advasaries. May all the wicked know our deeds in Moroldor and take heed that we will free the repressed and enslaved, we have freed this world from one evil gentlemen. However there is one that threatens ever nation of Severnia. (sp) Our home city has contacted me, the Imperators have arisen once again. The council wishes us to return home and be debriefed. My loyal soldiers something threatens our life, our city, may we strike the fear in their hearts as we did the evil in Moroldor!" As he raised his sword his men cheered. Andreas's heart sank as his numbers came into realization. Grief and pride brought tears to his eyes as he turned and mounted his horse. It would be a long ride back to Portland and a even longer sea voyage but as the sun poked through the dark clouds and the warmth washed over his face Andreas instantly felt better about his decision to once again commit to a battle.

Carpathian walked up the hill in the graveyard. He had not seen the kid in a week or so. Surely he was not up here that long. Following the old boot prints in the mud up to the willows branches he brushed them aside revealing a lone grave. The headstone was the trunk of the great tree with a message carved into it. Aireya's bow hung off of a low branch. Looking closer at the message he read it aloud.

' The elves is considered by many to be the one pure race. Though she was half elven I believe Aireya embodied this to her fullest. Ancient lore tells of the klundor artifacts designed to keep youth eternal and a soul in continous life. Although she is dead and time will wash away her bodies beauty her soul will walk beside me and her memory will live in me. And one day by the gods will we will be together once again.'

The last part sent a chill up his spine. (He would not try something like that would he?) A very cold and inhuman chill went up his spine as he considered it. Pivoting he rushed out of the tree's branches into the cold crisp morning air.
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Ranryu » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:59 pm

Corriq Crawls from one of the rubble piles. With a child in his arms.
"I really hate it when I find something harder than My head."

Setting the child down he then shakes off the dust. Before walking to the nearest citizen To hand over the young king. "How long has the battle been over?"

"Just barely a week, sir."

Shaking his head Corriq glanced up in time to see Carpathian as he jogged out of town. Smiling Corriq sprinted towards him trying to catch up.
When in Doubt Reload and Repeat.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Previous

Return to Lycoria: The Stories