speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Black Sun over Avanoor

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mr_D » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:57 pm

"So you have chosen to stay. Perhaps if you knew what lay ahead you would not embrace it so eagerly." Vergil said. He locked his eyes on Draco, as though peering into his soul.

"But the choice is not your own... is it?" He said with a hint of a smile.

"Is your bond of oath so strong that you would sell your very soul to the devil himself?"
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:59 pm

"Soul?" Draco's question was quiet...his voice barely audible. He looked down at the women that he held, "I stay as I must...but I do not plan on following your path."
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:07 pm

"So you turn your back on me?" Vergil said.

"You have aided me in my goal, so I shall grant you some small mercy. You will not suffer as these people." He gestured towards the people below, swarmed by hideous and terrifying beasts, herded closer and closer to the tower.

"You shall die quickly, May I suggest you pray to whichever gods you hold true?" vergil said with a sweep of his cloak. From the pooled blood the forms of several grotesque monstrosities emerged, solidifying through the mass of organs and crimson.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:14 pm

Draco backed up slightly. He looked at Vergil with those burning eyes, and did not attempt to fight. He dared not set down the two women, and had no hands for fighting, "I will keep my oath."
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:22 pm

The creatures solidified, advancing on the band. As they drew close a monstrous roar filled the night air as the mangled corpse of a slaughtered demon crashed through the door to the rooftop. In the archway of the door stood a hunched figure holding a monstrous sword, dripping with blood. A piercing red eye glared at Vergil.

"VERGIL!" The shout was filled with such utter hatred and fury that it sounded almost inhuman as the armour clad man dashed towards Vergil, knocking away those demons foolish enough to cross his path.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:24 pm

Draco took several steps back, offering the new man a convinient place to land between him and the advancing demons. Whoever this was, it didn't matter. If they fought amongst themselves, then that only meant that he could more easily escape with the women.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:34 pm

"So, you still live?" Vergil said with a condescending tone.

"You're damn right I'm still alive!" Wolf yelled as he sprinted towards Vergil despite the building pain.

"Impressive... It's amazing you can even move with that pain, let alone swing that sword." Vergil said, smirking with an air of superiority. Wolf raised his sword, mustering the last of his waning strength to deliver a death blow. The weapon tore through the air as it streaked towards Vergil's neck before stopping dead, Vergil's hand gripped the edge of the blade in a display of superhuman strength.

"However..." Vergil continued, his tone becoming stern.

"You are beneath my concern." He finished. Wolf flew back , crashing into the wall of the staircase with a painful crack.

"I shall not allow anyone to stand in the way of my ambition." And with that Vergil faded from sight like a cloud dispersing into the air.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:37 pm

Draco stared at where Vergil had been, then at the demons still remaining in front of him. Two others in this place now that he could not leave so easily...the strager and this one that had traveled with them so far...

He carefully set the women down, turning to the demons with a grim expression. He slid back into a fighting stance with nothing but his fists for protection. Hopefully he did not underestimate these monsters.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:48 pm

Draco waited for the demons to get closer before he lunged at them. As he moved a streak of red appeared around him, looking much like the jaws of a dragon.

He snapped his fist down on top of one of the demons and blood sprayed as it was crushed under hte blow. Apparently they relied on numbers and not strength...something Draco was prepared to handle.

He swung about, a crimson trail following his foot as his kick sliced neatly through the demon closest to him. He backed up, staring at the multitude of others still in front of him. Cursing Vergil with a silent breath, he lashed out again, splattering a demon into red paste.

As he turned the image of large red wings extended from his back and he slowly rose above the ground, still turning slowly. A red aura encompassed him, serpintine in form. The tail of it twisted about Korena, Sylvis, Mordachai, and the stranger as the neck reared high.

Draco opened his mouth and a fire of blood spilled from the dragon's maw, engulfing the demons in flames like those that had destroyed the captain. Such a fiting end for such foul things.

Still the opal about his neck glowed, even more brightly now that Vergil were not near to surpress its strength.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:28 pm

Wolf dragged himself to his feet, rushing into the fray, his blade swinging at an impossible speed. He cried out Vergil's name in rage once more as he scattered the horde of demons with mighty swings of his sword.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:31 pm

The aura around Draco disappeared, dropping him back to the ground near the women. He wavered slightly, then steadied himself, watching the stranger finish the last few that had escaped his spell. Apparently this one had a strong hatred for Vergil, though Draco could not blame him.

He stood, waiting for the man to finish and see what else he would do.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:42 pm

Even as Wolf slaughtered the beasts more scaled the blood soaked walls of the tower, ravenous maws snapping and tentacles writhing.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Lycoria: The Stories