speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Scarlet Drakes

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mr_D » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:02 pm

"I barely know a thing about you." Vergil said, retutning the familiar smile. "But if I were to hazard a guess. I know that minds such as yours are often motivated by one of several concepts. Is it love perhaps?"
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:05 pm

"Love..." Matu's voice changed ever so slightly, "Love is such a strange and pointless word, so many people put so much trust into letters arranged like that. They believe that uttering one word will soothe wounds and create peace in this world."

He smiled a Matu, "Perhaps it is not love that I feel or felt, but a mutual sense was there. And then there was the kindred spirit... the same hatred we held for my father."
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:12 pm

"The elf girl?" Vergil guessed, thinking back to Iea and her compatriots at the inn.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:49 pm

"Ah, but if I admit to such weaknesses, I leave myself open for an attack. I must admit that once we were quite close, but my acendance of the throne broke many of my innocent loves. She is not the first, nor will she be the last." Matu turned, spotting a strange creature among the humans. It was not quite human...but not really something he could identify.

The white haired man walked quietly between his guards, head down and blue eyes focused on the floor.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:53 pm

"Why would I risk bringing down the wrath of one as powerful as yourself. You must understand I mean no harm. It is merely my wish that we take our rightful place."
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:59 pm

"My rightful place has always been and always will be something much smaller than I am forced into. I have no heart for this kind of work honestly, nor the mind. I would prefer to be wooing a demon somewhere and chopping enemies into bite-sized niblets."

He focused on the white haired man. Why was it that that particular human bothered him so much?
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Mr_D » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:02 pm

"Then I shall leave you to your pleasures." Vergil turned to see what had caught Matu's eye. "There are such wonderful creatures in this world, aren't there?" He said, walking past the large demon and disappearing into thin air.
Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:06 pm

Matu felt no small sense of relief when the other had gone. He'd been able to speak his way out of it without need of a battle that could have potentially harmed these people.

However, the sight of that white haired man still bothered him. He was...or at lest to Matu's nose...he smelled rotting. However, the way he held himself and moved was something amazing. He was not a prisoner becuase he must be, but becuase he chose to be.

What kind of human was this?
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Princess of Fire » Fri May 12, 2006 3:37 pm

"Are you alright?" Sora asked pulling out a bag of medicines.
SMILES!!!
Princess of Fire
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Princess of Fire » Wed May 17, 2006 6:16 pm

Before she had taken the parsel out completely, a crow swooped past. Sora's hood flew off her head revealing her two long, pointed ears. She froze.
SMILES!!!
Princess of Fire
True Visionary
True Visionary

Previous

Return to Lycoria: The Stories